The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+64
Jae1411
rosco77
Tyler Durden
FoxyAV
MancVillan
Mr_Spadge
Jamie_Taylor_1985
Dansvilla75
therailboy
Andyh
1Elliot
jvilla
tonyp
UnclePanda
VTID85
Thinman
Synopsis
StaffordsVillan
Dgrizzle7
mikethevillain
Cha Ching
andrew24561
noodles
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
danclare82
Justice league
NARLA24
Peter
Fpuppys
Heisenberg
nickf21
VillaBill
AstonThriller
Keyser Soze
deadbuzzardalive
AVit
debandit
Alf T
lukevilla
Rawlie
Wriggle
gaffer85
Chrissylee1111
smetro
Andrew Baker
Saunders82
HarryAVFC
Barabass
villajk
De Kuip
DaveAV1
4BetLite
The Utterer
BillytheKid
pcfbavfcoman
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
Villa_Dan
Boldfinger
Lammypaul
achilles
DelboyVilla
68 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:42 am

I'm trying to drive so can't scroll back to look but weren't those RECON papers filed in Companies House on 27th May? Could be wrong but it's a date that's in my head.

So less than 3 weeks from naming his board to getting FA approval. That's stunningly fast.

Might have the date wrong though.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 5_star13

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by smetro Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:44 am

Apparently XIA has tweeted is that he expects to be confirmed owner by June 15....
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:46 am

Trotters wrote:I'm trying to drive so can't scroll back to look but weren't those RECON papers filed in Companies House on 27th May? Could be wrong but it's a date that's in my head.

So less than 3 weeks from naming his board to getting FA approval. That's stunningly fast.

your right about date mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:59 am

jimbop wrote:
Trotters wrote:I'm trying to drive so can't scroll back to look but weren't those RECON papers filed in Companies House on 27th May? Could be wrong but it's a date that's in my head.

Filed by some dodgy veterinary surgeon on 12th May. He did a bunk on 27 May and Xia joined the 'Company' on that day, along with his band of highwaymen!

There is absolutely no way on this earth the FA can allow Chris Samuelson onto the board of a football club, IF they do the proper checks.

He may be involved in Recon Sports, but I am sure he won't be involved with Aston Villa.

PS: Club made announcement of sale on 18th May. No idea of the significance of that date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:15 am

Interesting....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/08/chinas-memory-manipulators

"The Communist party does not just suppress history, it recreates it to serve the present"

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:44 am

I just scroll through Alf T without reading now! Life's too short for all those negative vibes man!!!! afro

Good to here there's only 1 week till it's all official??? Will England be back on the plane by then?

OT Moneyball suited baseball because it is a stats driven individual team sport I mean what is a 0.33 RBI (no need to explain please I don't want to know).

Football is the ultimate team sport.
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:00 pm

I think Alf is hilarious,.........

Long live Alfred the Great
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:36 pm

jimbop wrote:
Trotters wrote:AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Alf_we10

pmsl

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! That is epic crikey got me grunting for breath after reading that AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 498107619
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:43 pm

ThePurist wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Filed by some dodgy veterinary surgeon on 12th May. He did a bunk on 27 May and Xia joined the 'Company' on that day, along with his band of highwaymen!

There is absolutely no way on this earth the FA can allow Chris Samuelson onto the board of a football club, IF they do the proper checks.

He may be involved in Recon Sports, but I am sure he won't be involved with Aston Villa.

PS: Club made announcement of sale on 18th May. No idea of the significance of that date.

I don't think they will be able to stop samuelson. If the FBI and other governments around world haven't been able to nail him, Im not sure the football league will. Dodgy ? - Yes ...Stupid ...no

If this flounders (still a possibility in my book) - it will be about funds for the purchase - my guess is that to some extent Samuelson is providing these, not from his own pocket, but he has sourced the money from somewhere.....IMO !
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:44 pm

ThePurist wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Ok so it's about a month give or take. Assuming the Dr is right and the FA give the nod on the 15th.

Interesting that he's able to make that statement. Obviously he's heard nothing from the people conducting the F&PP test to suggest that anything will hold it up.
Still, a week is a long time. In fact, I think it's about 7 days.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:49 pm

smetro wrote:

I don't think they will be able to stop samuelson. If the FBI and other governments around world haven't been able to nail him, Im not sure the football league will. Dodgy ? - Yes ...Stupid ...no

If this flounders (still a possibility in my book) - it will be about funds for the purchase - my guess is that to some extent Samuelson is providing these, not from his own pocket, but he has sourced the money from somewhere.....IMO !

You've nailed it I think. He's a shadowy character, that's for sure but if his papers are in order ( AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 1015550615 ) and there are no legal issues pending then even if the FA wanted to nail him, just believing he's a slimy bastard won't be enough.

Your last comment is the most interesting though. If funds are going to be made through "creative" means then they won't want the FA anywhere near that, so Tony will have to prove his own liquid assets. If he gets the nod, then we can only assume that he has them and has had them for sometime. I'm pretty sure a bank deposit for $100 million that mysteriously appeared 2 weeks ago just won't cut it.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:04 pm

I'd be astonished if the deal collapsed now. I don't think there's anyway that Samuelson is providing Xia with money. We know for a fact that Xia sold shares in Teamax for circa £400M, so he doesn't need to borrow the money to buy us. I suspect Samuelson's involvement is related to Recon looking not to just buy us, but other football teams too.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:12 pm

Did he own all of Teamax and was that £400m or ¥400m?
There's a substantial difference.

As for Samuelson, you have to ask why he's in board? He seems to have a particular liking to football clubs and they're not exactly money making machines. But if Villa were making big money, it would be Xia's not his (bonuses not withstanding).

So the question remains. I can understand why Xia wants in; prestige, political gain, pride, to mive chinese football forward and make money. The only reason I see Samuelson wanting to be involved - and let's not forget that he's nothing like the Tom Fox character whose experience (don't laugh) was in sporting franchises and marketing - is to tie it in with his current line of work....hiding money.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:23 pm

IMO - Samuelson's Job is to make dirty money look clean - that maybe not be his job at AVFC but his company (i believe) provide anonymity for clients thus keeping funds from the tax authorities around the world.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:23 pm

It was 4 billion yen making it around 400 Million in pounds. I don't know how much of Recon he owned but the bank deposit he showed to that journalist was from money from that deal, so his share that he sold was worth the £400M.

As for Samuelson I just think he helps to get clubs sold and then takes a percentage from the sale price. So if he's here to help Xia with acquiring Villa and then potentially other teams, he'll stand to make quite a bit of money.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:26 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'd be astonished if the deal collapsed now. I don't think there's anyway that Samuelson is providing Xia with money. We know for a fact that Xia sold shares in Teamax for circa £400M, so he doesn't need to borrow the money to buy us. I suspect Samuelson's involvement is related to Recon looking not to just buy us, but other football teams too.

Depends what you mean by 'Fact' - XIA told us that - but who did he sell the shares to ? - was he paid at the time or instalments ? - I don't such large sales work in as simple way as selling your car or house...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:31 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
As for Samuelson I just think he helps to get clubs sold and then takes a percentage from the sale price. So if he's here to help Xia with acquiring Villa and then potentially other teams, he'll stand to make quite a bit of money.

Good point. If Xia had intentions on other teams to come under the RECON umbrella then it stands to reason that Samuelson might come in handy.

I'll be a lot more comfortable though when the Villa board get assembled and he's not on it.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:35 pm

I don't know anything about shares or how to read financial data, but apparently the details of the sale of his shares are out in the open if you know what your looking for. The name of the company who bought them was mentioned but I can't remember the name now.

I don't know how he was paid, but I think it was done a few months ago.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:37 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:I just scroll through Alf T without reading now! Life's too short for all those negative vibes man!!!! afro

Good to here there's only 1 week till it's all official??? Will England be back on the plane by then?

OT Moneyball suited baseball because it is a stats driven individual team sport I mean what is a 0.33 RBI (no need to explain please I don't want to know).

Great point about baseball.

Moneyball can work in football too, but it's not even half the story. To me it is the perfect filter for potential players. Clubs get inundated with names from scouts, agents etc. The moneyball system will instantly give the recruitment team an idea of the players potential. BUT to me this is only 30% of the job, maximum.
The player must then be watched several times, against different types of opposition ideally.
Then as many background, lifestyle, temperament checks as possible. None of that can be gleaned from stat based recruitment alone.

Last edited by ThePurist on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Although interestingly teamax is still listed on the Recon site and on the teamax site (http://www.txgis.com/about.asp?a=1) the about page is seemingly (going by the pictures) about Recon. Maybe it was a merger rather than a complete sale. As I said I really don't understand anything about business.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:43 pm

ThePurist wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:I just scroll through Alf T without reading now! Life's too short for all those negative vibes man!!!! afro

Great point about baseball.

Moneyball can work in football too, only it's only half the story. To me it is the perfect filter for potential players. Clubs get inundated with names from scouts, agents etc. The moneyball system will instantly give the recruitment team an idea of the players potential. BUT to me this is only 30% of the job, maximum.
The player must then be watched several times, against different types of opposition ideally.
Then as many background, lifestyle, temperament checks as possible. None of that can be gleaned from stat based recruitment alone.

Don't know if moneyball will ever work in footy (in terms of producing a winning team)

Ron Saunders brought Peter Withe to play alongside Brian Little - But Little got Injured so Shaw got his chance and we won the league. Presumably Ron thought that Withe would be ideal to play with little, but interesting if stats wise little would have been similar to Shaw. - I suspect not.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Trotters wrote:
ThePurist wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Ok so it's about a month give or take. Assuming the Dr is right and the FA give the nod on the 15th.

Interesting that he's able to make that statement. Obviously he's heard nothing from the people conducting the F&PP test to suggest that anything will hold it up.
Still, a week is a long time. In fact, I think it's about 7 days.

I think I read earlier (will have to check details though), that when Samuelson was involved in the purchase of Reading, the announcement was made in the February, yet the Premier League and the Football League did not confirm it until the May.

Suppose it depends how deep they want to dig really. I don't think it will be difficult to deny him based on his previous failures at other clubs and the very fact he has such a shady history in the business world.

If, as some believe, the powers that be do not want to see a powerful Aston Villa return, then Samuelson is the easy get out for them.

Would still like to know why Xia needs these people, if he is what he makes out he is. There are plenty of other advisors without such a past. Bernstein, King and Bevington spring to mind....oh wait!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:47 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It was 4 billion yen making it around 400 Million in pounds. I don't know how much of Recon he owned but the bank deposit he showed to that journalist was from money from that deal, so his share that he sold was worth the £400M.

So why would he be appointed to the board of directors?

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:52 pm

I haven't got a clue, we don't know yet if he's going to be working specifically for Aston Villa, his role might be with Recon Sports.

There's nothing we can do about it, so might as well just wait and see what happens, as that's all that we can do.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next