The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
LukeWilliamsOBE
Saunders82
Thabucks
ejs1111
B62 Villa
mark_draper
AntJac
Thinman
Mikethevillan
Jimmycarr
banneruk
Saunders
TED
Synopsis
hawk190601
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
GodzoneVilla
Olofsbeard
andrew24561
Sky
AVFClee
Cha Ching
South London Villan
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Chrissylee1111
tbarrules
ViewFromT2
DaveAV1
DelboyVilla
avfc85
VTID85
VillaBill
Wookster
HarryAVFC
gdale1
Dazzle
LVBrit
smetro
Leafs1201
AstonThriller
gdav
villabromsgrove
Dgrizzle7
Villa jimmy
ember
Trotters
Suits
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
GadgetMan
jvilla
UrmstonVilla
mefromhere
dsmiggy
kimbo
Mazrim
viva_la_amo
Poseidon
64 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Poseidon Tue May 12, 2015 9:35 pm

It's funny but I can't get excited anymore over a possible takeover , too many false dawns.
Poseidon
Poseidon

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 0_star10

http://www.gotouchyourballs.net

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by viva_la_amo Tue May 12, 2015 9:38 pm

jvilla wrote:But what is the 'big' thing? Any more detail? It's all a bit vague and fluffy. Post a name and you'll really get attention.

Haven't got a name but I am led to believe there is something in the latest report in the media. Sorry.
viva_la_amo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Mazrim Tue May 12, 2015 9:46 pm

No offence Viva, but I don't recall you being specific about takeover stuff either way last summer. Just general scepticism and tail chasing.
And Gilan have been mentioned for the last 6 months or so. Now, with Adams, there is a tangible link of sorts. It's not a revelation.
Still, I have no problems with you kicking that ball about so have at it. We all need to get our kicks somehow.

By the way, not that the people running this site now had all that much to do with all that drama last summer, but there's plenty to suggest that, in fact, there was something brewing last summer regarding a takeover. Nothing came of it, but it might have.
Mazrim
Mazrim

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue May 12, 2015 10:20 pm

Aston Villa takeover goes up a gear as two more buyers lodge bids

Exclusive: Former Chelsea executive Paul Smith's consortium has competition as two more suitors have made contact with Randy Lerner.

Paul Smith is facing competition from two other parties in his £150million takeover bid for Aston Villa, Telegraph Sport can reveal.

Smith, the former Chelsea executive, has made an informal offer to Villa chairman Randy Lerner and remains hopeful of completing a deal within the next two months. Smith's consortium includes the former England and Arsenal defender Tony Adams.

But Lerner is considering two other bids from parties interested in buying the former European Cup winners who, like Smith, have made non-binding indicative offers.

Lerner’s plans to sell the club are expected to accelerate dramatically this month with Villa on the brink of securing Premier League survival.

Tim Sherwood, the Villa manager, faces Southampton this weekend and a point could be enough to make safety mathematically certain, which is likely to speed up the takeover process.

Lerner is keen to step aside after nine years and has told close friends his ideal scenario would be to walk away with the club having lifted the FA Cup and avoided relegation. He intends to be at the final against Arsenal at Wembley later this month.

The 53-year-old is fully aware of the interest from the three parties and will consider all the proposals with Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

With Villa embroiled in a relegation battle, Lerner has made a concentrated effort to prevent Sherwood and his players from any distractions.

He made a brief visit to Villa’s Bodymoor Heath training ground last week but Sherwood admitted a proposed takeover was not even discussed.

Despite the prospect of new owners this summer, Sherwood is focusing on recruitment for next season and targeting players under the age of 25 in a bid to build a youthful core.

He made another trip to watch Swindon Town midfielder Massimo Luongo, the 22-year-old Australia international who was on Tottenham's books while Sherwood was there, on Monday night and is also interested in Brentford goalkeeper David Button, another former Spurs player.

Villa are also expected to meet with Ron Vlaar later this month over a new contract.

Vlaar is set to meet with Sherwood for talks and it is believed the defender is now giving serious consideration to staying at the club.

Earlier this year the Holland international seemed certain to leave this summer on a free transfer, with Southampton and Napoli both considering moves at the end of this season.

But the appointment of Sherwood has revitalised the 30-year-old and he is now ready to discuss a new deal when Villa are certain of avoiding relegation.

Vlaar was signed from Feyenoord for £3.2million three years ago and Sherwood is keen for the centre-half to follow Fabian Delph by committing his long-term future to Villa.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11600800/Aston-Villa-takeover-goes-up-a-gear-as-two-more-buyers-lodge-bids.html
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by dsmiggy Tue May 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Ive gotta say all this takeover talk is rather exciting Very Happy Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
dsmiggy

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue May 12, 2015 10:57 pm

The takeover talk excited me when Lambert was in charge as it was our best chance of getting rid of him. Now he's gone and Sherwood has given us our Villa back I don't want a takeover to change anything!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Wed May 13, 2015 7:48 am

There's still plenty of room for improvement. I don't want any of the good work ruined either, but hopefully anybody coming in will see all that and look at improving where we need it.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Wed May 13, 2015 8:09 am

Mazrim wrote:No offence Viva, but I don't recall you being specific about takeover stuff either way last summer. Just general scepticism and tail chasing.
And Gilan have been mentioned for the last 6 months or so. Now, with Adams, there is a tangible link of sorts. It's not a revelation.
Still, I have no problems with you kicking that ball about so have at it. We all need to get our kicks somehow.

By the way, not that the people running this site now had all that much to do with all that drama last summer, but there's plenty to suggest that, in fact, there was something brewing last summer regarding a takeover. Nothing came of it, but it might have.

Non taken but yes I admit I wasn't specific about takeover stuff because I felt there was no takeover. My friend told me he had heard nothing at all and I shared this and got ridiculed for it.

Anyway my point is the same person has now told me something WILL happen. I'm excited by this so shared with the rest of you. I hope fans don't get to fooled by Sherwoods recent improvement. The same owner in charge will still limit the progress of the club regardless who is in charge of the team.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by UrmstonVilla Wed May 13, 2015 8:26 am

I have absolutely no ITK, but my view is this. As a few have mentioned, I can't see the new owners being in the Man City mold; too many restrictions around FFP until the City owners challenge it head on, which it appears they are intent on doing, but thats another discussion.

Which means that new owners will have to tap into all possible revenue streams, and the current feel good factor around VP is one of those. So in my mind changing managers for "their own guy" would be madness given the Sherwood factor.

I dont mind admitting that I have been to VP more since Sherwood took over, and even contemplating a Season ticket next season, but will wait and see what happens with the takeover/manager situation. I wonder how many more are in the position? By the increasing attendances recently, I'd say quite a few.

So for me Sherwood is there next season; he doesnt seem the sort of guy that would want to go into a repeat of his Spurs situation.
UrmstonVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 13, 2015 9:52 am

Ta Viva - appreciated - whatever happened last year I can see you've simply stuck to what you were told.

I'm flippin over the moon with the news of 3 bidders. I share the fatigue others have expressed but I think when this sinks in properly, when it is revealed who is behind the winning bid I think we'll all be like kids at Christmas.

I disagree that whoever comes in can;t immediately boost revenues and have us competing at the top end. We can all see that a spine of Benteke, Grealish, Delph, Vlaar and all the other supporting cast who have played so well lately, just needs a few shrewd purchases to turn us into a top 6 team then we kick on from there. Most importantly with the sort of financial clought that will enable us to keep our best players - but to be honest, even in the state we are in, the only player possibly to leave is Benteke. It's ALLLLL GOOOOOOD!!!!!!! Very Happy
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 13, 2015 9:58 am

viva_la_amo wrote:
Mazrim wrote:No offence Viva, but I don't recall you being specific about takeover stuff either way last summer. Just general scepticism and tail chasing.

Non taken but yes I admit I wasn't specific about takeover stuff because I felt there was no takeover. My friend told me he had heard nothing at all and I shared this and got ridiculed for it.

Anyway my point is the same person has now told me something WILL happen. I'm excited by this so shared with the rest of you. I hope fans don't get to fooled by Sherwoods recent improvement. The same owner in charge will still limit the progress of the club regardless who is in charge of the team.

Hey viva, where have you been? Thought you had disappeaed on Micky Arison's boat? Very Happy if I recall correctly you did spend most of last summer saying nothing was happening, along with many veiled digs at those saying it was, only then to change your mind and say something was happening, but then it wasn't Laughing so basically you were wrong like other people.....Scarf Waving

Anyway nice to have you back now the takeover 'rumours' have started again. You'll notice a big change in how 'rumours' are debated on the site,Mainly that is exactly what they are considered to be, RUMOURS, so there is no need for anyone to be saying, it's false or not false and calling others liars BS'ers etc! as its all subjective speculation and gossip until confirmed otherwise. As long as you're comfortable with that then welcome back AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3769219917 make yourself at home and hopefully youll take this post in the spirit it's intended (tongue in cheek, for the avoidance of any doubt ha)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 13, 2015 10:01 am

We are beyond rumours, we have multiple media outlets reporting stories - will be interesting to see if Pat Murphy backs up John Percy's 3 bidders story. It's happening!

Watch us get relegated.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 13, 2015 10:03 am

jvilla wrote:We are beyond rumours, we have multiple media outlets reporting stories - will be interesting to see if Pat Murphy backs up John Percy's 3 bidders story. It's happening!

Watch us get relegated.

It's all speculation until confirmed/denied by the club. That way it avoids any "he said, she said" arguments AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 13, 2015 10:10 am

Nah - it's not speculation, ol Pat Murphy don't do speculation - a takeover is a comin' , and we will hear yet more after we secure safety on Saturday.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 13, 2015 10:15 am

GadgetMan wrote:If ANY bidder has to borrow money to buy our club then it gets a massive no from me. That said if you follow the info Pat Murphy has, then it's a bid with BIG backing, so that then would seem much better, the bot that worries me is "Tony Adams would have a football related role" WTF??! The guy is an absolute douche, a great player, but that's it.

Anyone, whilst we're speculating, I've read and heard from others that this lot are third in line and there is one stand out group at the moment (no idea who, why, or how much, just that they are in the lead and front runners) Things will indeed hot up over the next two weeks (if we get safe) expect a lot of rumours, speculation and media attention. I just hope Mr Fox was trying to deflect the other day so we can carry on the football side of it (you know, actually getting safe and the small matter of an FA Cup final) I don't see a denial from him or the club. Maybe Adams or Smith may say something IF there's no truth in it?......

Interesting few weeks ahead on and off the pitch. UTV

This was my post from May 7th, I was told a few weeks before that they're are three parties involved, this was 'confirmed' yesterday (If we're going off Percy's article) So it could well be that he's heard what I did, or he's looking at forums and joining dots?! He's normally quite reliable re Villa, so let's see. I think we have three serious bidders and a few 'chancers' too.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 13, 2015 10:18 am

jvilla wrote:Nah - it's not speculation, ol Pat Murphy don't do speculation - a takeover is a comin' , and we will hear yet more after we secure safety on Saturday.  

What you're debating is semantics my friend, call it what you will, my point being for the purposes of this site and to avoid "you're right/wrong" arguments, it should all be treated as such until confirmed by the club, if YOU personally choose not too, that's cool, that's just the sites stance.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed May 13, 2015 10:19 am

I don't care if the person taking over is Man City Rich, just rich enough to not need to borrow money

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Wed May 13, 2015 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 13, 2015 10:24 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I don't care if the person taking over is Man City Rish, just rich enough to not need to borrow money

Yep, having to borrow to fund a buyout is a big no no for me. Slow, steady investment with smart businessman making savvy decisions will work for me. Not too dissimilar to what we have now, just with an interested owner (I'm not buying this re-energised narrative) Even with FFP we can spend and compete at the top half quite easily.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 13, 2015 10:30 am

GadgetMan wrote:
jvilla wrote:Nah - it's not speculation, ol Pat Murphy don't do speculation - a takeover is a comin' , and we will hear yet more after we secure safety on Saturday.  

What you're debating is semantics my friend, call it what you will, my point being for the purposes of this site and to avoid "you're right/wrong" arguments, it should all be treated as such until confirmed by the club, if YOU personally choose not too, that's cool, that's just the sites stance.

I call shenanigans GM, or shall I call you The Ego! If you want a forum to flow, you don't delve into your own semantics censorship then patronisingly educate others about semantics - jeeeezuz, talk about over moderating - lighten up will yer - this is a good news day. Cue final word battle.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 13, 2015 10:40 am

jvilla wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

I call shenanigans GM, or shall I call you The Ego! If you want a forum to flow, you don't delve into your own semantics censorship then patronisingly educate others about semantics - jeeeezuz, talk about over moderating - lighten up will yer - this is a good news day. Cue final word battle.  

Wowzer!! I was clarifying the rumour/gossip/speculation for a returning poster for whom the landscape was very different last time he was posting. Quite why you're uppidity about it is beyond me?! I'm not trying to stilt the flow of the discussion and absolutely don't wish for anyone to be 'censored' as such i posted my thoughts to add to the discussion. Was just meant as a quick disclaimer on behalf of the site, as it's the site that ultimately gets the criticsim if things are wrong. I wouldnt call it over moderating (quite the opposite) however in the  interests of moving forward, I apologise if you're offeded by what was intended as a lighthearted post. Wasn't my intentions to patronise so I'm sorry if you felt it was AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3769219917

Anyway takeover talk?.....

Edited for typos and not making much sense!! Ha!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 13, 2015 10:59 am

Apology accepted, handbag withdrawn.

So, who would prefer a nice chop suey, a hamburger, or a cheap fish and chips? Mines chinese.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed May 13, 2015 11:12 am

Y'know, the more I read about the Paul Smith thing, the more it intrigues me. For one, he's been working on it for over a year - so the TV money isn't what suddenly motivated him. The links with other clubs sounds like it has massive potential too.

Yet I still struggle to get past the point of thinking Tony Adams is a complete tool.  Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 13, 2015 11:13 am

jvilla wrote:Apology accepted, handbag withdrawn.

So, who would prefer a nice chop suey, a hamburger, or a cheap fish and chips? Mines chinese.

Great AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3769219917

Well I've heard two different Chinese bids, so we may end up with your wish haha!! I really don't mind who or what nationality so long as they are decent people and will always put the best interests of villa first. I certainly don't buy into the theory that all Chinese businessmen are like, Carson Yeung, that's ludicrous. I can see it being Chinese owned given our support over there and the work weve done with the Chinese site, sponsers and YouTube channel etc?! As you say exciting/interesting times ahead. Let's get safe v saints and then get some real solid news we can start picking apart, googling and letting our minds run away with themselves haha!! Walin Jing (is that how it's spelt?) would be pretty cool. Worth 30 odd billion. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some link to Azerbajan or the USA come out though. Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed May 13, 2015 11:17 am

The possibilities with China are interesting, purely because there must be massive marketing potential if it's done right.

Anything like that makes a massive difference with FFP, because of course it means extra AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Smileys-money-909335
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 13, 2015 11:17 am

kimbo wrote:Y'know, the more I read about the Paul Smith thing, the more it intrigues me. For one, he's been working on it for over a year - so the TV money isn't what suddenly motivated him. The links with other clubs sounds like it has massive potential too.

Yet I still struggle to get past the point of thinking Tony Adams is a complete tool.  Laughing

Haha! Spot on, I think, hmmm interesting and then remember Adams and lose all excitement. Without Azerbajan money, I don't see the Adams link at all, even then I'm hugely concerned if he has Anything to do with the football or non football for that matter. Hopefully he's like a 'Keith Harris' (not the orville one) and will do introductions and then disappear (really far away)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next