The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+109
bruka
smetro
Dazzle
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
Jae1411
mefromhere
achilles
AVFCKINGS
EbeneezerGoode
Barton82
Thinman
Synopsis
4BetLite
ViewFromT2
danclare82
Wookster
prmort
FoxyAV
Trotters
Trysullvilla
Con
KMitch
ember
NARLA24
DaveAV1
UnclePanda
Cha Ching
Dions_Bald_Head
DelboyVilla
simbrenn
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
AVFClee
Andyh
VillaBill
Jo64
The Great white walnut
DomAVFC
avfc85
De Kuip
Leafs1201
DN1982
deadbuzzardalive
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
UrmstonVilla
ejs1111
Stripey48
GhostDad
1Elliot
brummieboy
aberdarevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Jpmangel
CoE82
Villa jimmy
holtehero
AstonThriller
hawk190601
gwentvillan
rosco77
andrew24561
clarryblue
big ming
Stratfordvilla
johnny from donny
fastbackace
Robbo
johnny noodles
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
Mazrim
bazzah
snitum
James_Curtis
Withes Sweatbands
Chrissylee1111
kimbo
Fpuppys
marko63
VillaSteve
George
Nix999
lukevilla
GadgetMan
mickeywya
Latzstar
B62 Villa
Dansvilla75
Villa Ranger
omariqy
jvilla
TED
VTID85
MarvelVillan
banneruk
villabromsgrove
snakevilla
Born Under The Holte End
Keyser Soze
Jamie Gray
mark_draper
tbarrules
JapaneseVillan
Broadlee
Wriggle
GodzoneVilla
Saunders82
113 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:57 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We will see Randy's intentions more clearly in the next two weeks. He needs to allocate every penny from Benteke, Delph Weimann and the rest for the sole purpose of buying the right players, including two strikers. If he doesn't do that we're in for a rough and possibly disastrous season.

Don't tell me we've got a stronger squad than last season .... we haven't at the moment. We might have three new guys who will help us, but who the hell is going to score the 40 goals plus to keep us clear of the relegation zone?

exactly

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by DN1982 Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:24 pm

jimbop wrote:
DN1982 wrote:The takeover and Delph aren't connected. He had the clause put in months ago. He knew what he was doing all along. I'd like at least 2 more in this week with the rest in by the end of the window. We need to have the tear easy for KO and the squad ready by the 1st September.

why would he change his mind tho, twice, and make himself look a right twat? don't make sense, he was told about takeover plans and when they collapsed he then changed his mind

He changed his mind cause he's got no integrity. Simple as that. Making excuses for his behaviour is stupid. He even tried to put some blame on Richards do you not think he'd say if it was takeover related? He's showed he doesn't care what the fans think. Anyway he's history now.
DN1982

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Saunders82 Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:44 pm

jvilla wrote:Well it sounds and feels like Randy is no longer calling the shots, whether he's handed that over to Fox or someone else is to be confirmed. But, getting rid of so many players would give Randy of the last 3 years a massive nosebleed, because he knows he'd have to replace them. The clear-out has been authorised, and it must indicate there are funds a plenty to restock the playing staff with a better quality player - otherwise why bother.

That's a sound argument and I really hope you are right, personally I think somethings going on no idea what it is though, the next couple of weeks will tell us. Laughing
Saunders82
Saunders82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:40 am

So Lerner has just landed at BHX -

Is it

a) to congratulate Sherwood on selling the clubs prized assets - whereby he will leave with his plane full of cash
b) to inform us all who the new chairman is
c) to actually give us some grain of hope with a takeover.

With Lerner it is probably a) - Thanks Tim for the 40mill from Delph and Benteke - now here is a 100 note - nip down the park and pick up a replacement aye?

In all seriousness I just hope he provides some clarity on our forwards direction. To be honest screw the takeover, I would be happy if he issues a statement saying who the chairman is and Sherwood has significant funds to build the team he wants. While I want a takeover that is not the immediate concern. The primary concern is getting a squad that can compete. Days are slowly ticking down.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:48 am

Yeah i just saw from the trees that he has landed in Brum. Hopefully we will now get an idea of what is going on!

I said last year i thought he had no intention to sell the club and was using this as a tactic to take the pressure of both himself and Lambert at the time as he knew he needed to drag things back. I still think this is the most likely scenario although like most i cling to the hope we get a nice takeover.

If he is staying i can only hope he starts again and we get the RL that bought the club as that was exciting times, just a shame we got a manager that wasted most of it!

I'd be happy with him staying if he says to Tim, you can have the full 40m from these sales, plus 30m from the TV rights this season (not sure on what our actual figure was??), that will give Tim 70m+ to spend and with that we can really make strides towards the top half again!!

We can but hope...
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:56 am

Just read the TV rights next season means the bottom club would receive 99m....

how could Villa not be an attractive buy for 150m...

As i said, if he doesn't come out saying it's sold now then he never had any intention of selling...
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:47 am

GodzoneVilla wrote:So Lerner has just landed at BHX -

Is it

a) to congratulate Sherwood on selling the clubs prized assets - whereby he will leave with his plane full of cash
b) to inform us all who the new chairman is
c) to actually give us some grain of hope with a takeover.

With Lerner it is probably a) - Thanks Tim for the 40mill from Delph and Benteke - now here is a 100 note - nip down the park and pick up a replacement aye?

In all seriousness I just hope he provides some clarity on our forwards direction. To be honest screw the takeover, I would be happy if he issues a statement saying who the chairman is and Sherwood has significant funds to build the team he wants. While I want a takeover that is not the immediate concern. The primary concern is getting a squad that can compete. Days are slowly ticking down.

Interesting this is for me.

As he never turned up when he appointed Tom Fox then I doubt very much he would put in an appearance for the appointment of a new chairman either. In my opinion he is either here for takeover related purposes, or he has flown in to try and personally persuade Benteke to stay!

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Broadlee Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:01 am

Aussievillan wrote:Yeah i just saw from the trees that he has landed in Brum. Hopefully we will now get an idea of what is going on!

I said last year i thought he had no intention to sell the club and was using this as a tactic to take the pressure of both himself and Lambert at the time as he knew he needed to drag things back. I still think this is the most likely scenario although like most i cling to the hope we get a nice takeover.

If he is staying i can only hope he starts again and we get the RL that bought the club as that was exciting times, just a shame we got a manager that wasted most of it!

I'd be happy with him staying if he says to Tim, you can have the full 40m from these sales, plus 30m from the TV rights this season (not sure on what our actual figure was??), that will give Tim 70m+ to spend and with that we can really make strides towards the top half again!!

We can but hope...

Where is the information about randys falcon N85DN location being BHX? Is trees? Working for ground movements or tower ATSU? Is the aircraft stood at the elmdon hard standing?
Just interested, coincides with the exclusivity suggested end date.
Is there someone at bodymoor or VP that can confirm Randys on site etc?
Broadlee
Broadlee

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:10 am

[quote="ViewFromT2"]
GodzoneVilla wrote:So Lerner has just landed at BHX -

As he never turned up when he appointed Tom Fox then I doubt very much he would put in an appearance for the appointment of a new chairman either. In my opinion he is either here for takeover related purposes, or he has flown in to try and personally persuade Benteke to stay!

Knowing (well his clueless behaviour on lots of things VIilla related)  Lerner this is probably what he is doing, racing to where CB is/was having his medical - only the fool would go to the wrong doctors - walk out and see Benteke on the other side of the street shaking hands with Ian Ayre, contract in hand.

Last edited by GodzoneVilla on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:21 am

jimbop wrote:
DN1982 wrote:The takeover and Delph aren't connected. He had the clause put in months ago. He knew what he was doing all along. I'd like at least 2 more in this week with the rest in by the end of the window. We need to have the tear easy for KO and the squad ready by the 1st September.

why would he change his mind tho, twice, and make himself look a right twat? don't make sense, he was told about takeover plans and when they collapsed he then changed his mind

I'll put it down to his age (try and remember what you were like at 20-something) and a sugarbag agent in his ear.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by JapaneseVillan Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:04 am

With the £32.5 million, I would like for us to gamble for once, and try make a bid from a superstar like Lewandowski, Illarramendi or Dzeko. 8)
JapaneseVillan
JapaneseVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:11 am

So Randy turns up today just after the 6 week exclusivity agreement had ended yesterday from the reported 8th June date.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:24 am

This is his second visit in a number of weeks.

It's becoming a habit!

No show for years, then 2 visits in a matter of weeks. Something is brewing. It almost shows he's interested??
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:28 am

JapaneseVillan wrote:With the £32.5 million, I would like for us to gamble for once, and try make a bid from a superstar like Lewandowski, Illarramendi or Dzeko. 8)

Problem you've got fella is you'll never convince that calibre of player to join Villa. Why would they?
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:32 am

I've got a feeling this is it. its either a complete takeover or its serious investment. I think the "snake" U-turn was the straw that broke the camels back.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 am

So hard to say really.

Is he just checking in with the team / new signings before the season kicks off?

"Lads I'm still trying to sell, I'm gutted we've lost Delph and Benteke, but we must kick on. I'll be investing to replace them. Welcome to the new lads." Etc etc. Could just be a pep / motivational chat for the new season?
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:43 am

Just wonder if Lamberk got the saying from Randy "we go again" Its getting pretty frustrating lads :shock: Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:51 am

Keyser Soze wrote:I've got a feeling this is it. its either a complete takeover or its serious investment. I think the "snake" U-turn was the straw that broke the camels back.

I will tell you know - if Judas clearing off has caused Lerner to accept an offer or seriously reinvest in the team again - then no one better boo him ever period. If that snake leaving has caused the greatest positive thing that could happen to villa then they need to be casting a statue of him at the gates of VP right now!!!!!
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:58 am

He's only here for Amnesia Tuesdays at the Arcadian
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:58 am

I'm still hopeful of a takeover. But I don't think this visit from Lerner will come to anything, with regard to news for the fans. The next we'll hear is that he's flown back out and then we won't hear anymore of it.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:08 am

Nothing feels right now for a takeover of the club.

I would imagine Lerner's arrival in Brum today is purely in-house business.........Would love to be wrong of course:lol:
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by snakevilla Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:10 am

He's heard they have cheap beer in the Golden Hind on Tuesday, and Domino's special offers on pizzas
snakevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:10 am

At least with Randy popping in so infrequently you can pretty much guarantee when he is here it's for something of significance.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:16 am

Jamie Gray wrote:At least with Randy popping in so infrequently you can pretty much guarantee when he is here it's for something of significance.

With you here Jamie. No way he pops over to "say hi"...I remember he came over last summer didn't he?...just after the "I'm staying" announcement.
We've had nothing from him to suggest plan B is being implemented yet...so I am gonna hope he is here in connection to plan A!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:20 am

Aw man; am I going to have to spend another whole day sneaking looks on TBAR?! Popcorn
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next