The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+93
avfcjoe
LukeWilliamsOBE
hawk190601
noodles
Devon-villa-fan
jeffvilla
Compton Edwards
prmort
pcfbavfcoman
Insane Holte
thinlizzy
GodzoneVilla
worcesterkev
Thinman
Saunders82
De Kuip
bruka
VillaBill
TED
KMitch
lukevilla
Stratfordvilla
VillaSteve
UnclePanda
deadbuzzardalive
Dansvilla75
andrew24561
bazzah
johnny from donny
ejs1111
Peter
gdale1
mark_draper
Andyh
GhostDad
DelboyVilla
Jimmy Villian
The Great white walnut
Gordonsleftboot
Wigteke
Morgan Villa
Born Under The Holte End
smetro
ember
GadgetMan
NARLA24
Villas Trudge
jvilla
ViewFromT2
Desperate Villan
clarryblue
1Elliot
avfc85
Wookster
Poseidon
snakevilla
Mazrim
rosco77
Dgrizzle7
B62 Villa
James_Curtis
The Utterer
viva_la_amo
AntJac
Dions_Bald_Head
South London Villan
Chrissylee1111
Withes Sweatbands
fastbackace
Fpuppys
Cha Ching
Suits
Olofsbeard
Malandro
banneruk
danclare82
Jamie Gray
Mr_Spadge
TheTechniqueSMC
omariqy
keithj
tbarrules
Kakacroom
AVFClee
gdav
DaveAV1
Trotters
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
HarryAVFC
villabromsgrove
kimbo
Keyser Soze
97 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Wookster wrote:Just spotted on twitter

Transfers/Takeover ‏@avfcNextMatch 35m35 minutes ago

Looks like Heat on Monday. #avfc

Could be read 2 ways either referring to Heaton or someone with Heat connections hmmmm
Miami Heat is owned by Arison, Heaton goalkeeper. I don't know.
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by kimbo Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Could be read 2 ways either referring to Heaton or someone with Heat connections hmmmm
Just looked at the account, he's been going on about Heaton so I think it's probably him that he's referring to (no idea if the account is reliable, mind)
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star12

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by NARLA24 Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:

Haha. Scarf Waving
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:

First off I don't think this account is by any stretch credible and it's probably referring to the keeper, but also being particularly vague to cover the warm weather we're having too. I'd personally not hold any value in that account.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:28 pm

From HH to Heat to Ellison we haven't got a clue! Good fun though ain't it. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:35 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

First off I don't think this account is by any stretch credible and it's probably referring to the keeper, but also being particularly vague to cover the warm weather we're having too. I'd personally not hold any value in that account.

He means Tom Heaton medical on Monday. He's been going on saying someone is booked in for a medical on Monday 

Probably crap. No sure if he'd be a good signing or not
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Guzan is a better keeper than Heaton. I honestly believe this so I'm happy to take the flak.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:03 pm

I think Heaton is better than Guzan. I really rate him. Having the 2 of them fighting for the #1 seems like a good idea though an Shay can finally be put out to pasture as a coach.

But he's only 6 months younger. I know goalkeepers have a longer lifespan but he still seems old.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:10 pm

I've opened a Keeper thread so we can discuss it with some continuity.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:53 am

I think we're gonna have to be patient with this. The common notion is due diligence is in progress and six weeks was mooted as the time frame for which it should be complete. We're two weeks into it so it could be another month before we hear anything.

Realistically "no news" is most likely good news. It's also very interesting to see us being linked with so many decent players..though we've yet to spend a penny so what that means is anyone's guess.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:07 am

NARLA24 wrote:Signed, sealed , delivered i am yours. Deal done. New owners.
UTV

Let's assume for a moment that this was on the money. What are the reasons for there not being any announcement? Reasons I can think of:

1. The club is waiting to sign a few more players and will officially unveil them, the new kit, new sponsors and new owners all in one press conference.

2. New company runs it's financial year from July 1 (that's a leap unless they're an Australian company although it also ties in with the opening of the transfer window). May also be just a good date to start.....The 1st of a month!

3.new owners have stated that a number of unwanted salary sponges be off the books before they start taking control (again, a leap)

4. They're staying quiet in order to keep transfer costs down.

5. If they're Chinese, they're waiting on pre - arranged paperwork to be cleared from The People's Congress.

6. Waiting for the FA to conduct their very thorough, very purposeful "Fit & Proper" test.

7. Add your own.

--------------------------

Can any business heads let us know the legalities of keeping new ownership out of the public arena? I'd have thought there'd be declarations to stock markets, Companies House, etc and surely someone would be watching those?

Of course, Occam's Razor may apply here and the reason is that the club still isn't sold.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:01 am

We're a private company so no stock market announcement from the Villa side Trotters, but of course the other side may be a quoted company.

If the deal is done, I'd think it would be difficult to keep it quiet, but I'm not sure it would be breaking any rules to do so. A few people have mentioned the, "keeping transfer prices down" theory, which has a certain logic to it. The only way it could be done I think, is that there is a deal done without the paperwork with some one Randy trusts. They've shaken hands and they'll sort the transfer fees out as a seperate arrangement, but essentially the new guy is giving the nod.

My own personal theory is, I haven't got a bloody clue, but instinct tells me that there's something on the way. Then again I had a similar feeling about 12 months ago!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:25 am

Trotters wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Signed, sealed , delivered i am yours. Deal done. New owners.
UTV

Let's assume for a moment that this was on the money. What are the reasons for there not being any announcement? Reasons I can think of:

1. The club is waiting to sign a few more players and will officially unveil them, the new kit, new sponsors and new owners all in one press conference.

2. New company runs it's financial year from July 1  (that's a leap unless they're an Australian company although it also ties in with the opening of the transfer window). May also be just a good date to start.....The 1st of a month!

3.new owners have stated that a number of unwanted salary sponges be off the books before they start taking control (again, a leap)

4. They're staying quiet in order to keep transfer costs down.

5. If they're Chinese, they're waiting on pre - arranged paperwork to be cleared from The People's Congress.

6. Waiting for the FA to conduct their very thorough, very purposeful "Fit & Proper" test.

7. Add your own.

--------------------------

Can any business heads let us know the legalities of keeping new ownership out of the public arena? I'd have thought there'd be declarations to stock markets, Companies House, etc and surely someone would be watching those?

Of course, Occam's Razor may apply here and the reason is that the club still isn't sold.

7. Relaxation of FFP rules due to be discussed and voted on 29/30 June...with possible spending limits removed for new owners from say July 1st?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-transfer-news-city-could-still-suffer-if-uefa-relax-ffp-merely-to-suit-new-owners-10333147.html
clarryblue
clarryblue

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:37 am

Ah yes, that was the big one I forgot about.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:48 am

in my opinion...the whole deal is dependent on it...if a relaxation of FFP goes through then the takeover will go through...if it doesn't then it will fall through

if i'm right (that would be unusual!!)...we better pray for the former
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:03 am

The outcome of that meeting will certainly be interesting although if the takeover reports are accurate - IF - the buyers want in regardless of FFP changes. Maybe UEFA have handed the a bonus they'd not previously considered?

It's certainly worth holding off signing on the dotted line for a week or so.

But if that is the case, then nothing is signed, nothing is sealed and there's certainly nothing delivered other than, perhaps, an agreement in principle.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:17 am

if its that..

then the few days between 1 - 6 july might be interesting
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:25 am

I really thought it was all done & no announcement was being made to save a few quid on transfers. Now though the more I think about it the less I think something that big would be able to be kept quiet from people in the right circles.
I keep flipping from its all done to nothing's gonna happen, largely due to what mood I'm in & what I've read on TBAR.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:30 am

If our prospective new owners are waiting for a possible FFP relaxation announcement it means they're minted.

On the other hand it may be that our prospective new owners are a group of investors looking to turn a profit, and may well see existing FFP rules as a tool to manage fan's expectations.

I haven't got a clue! Very Happy

villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:07 pm

The reason i believe the takeover deal has nothing at all to do with FFP meeting and relaxation in rules is why would a company/buyer go into exclusivity which actually costs them money during this period then wait around for a UEFA announcement?? Nope not going to happen imo, this deal is either sorted and paperwork being finalised or there is no deal imo.
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:05 pm

I'd say most at the top chain of football proberly have an idea what's going to happen with the fair play rules
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:47 pm

I'm Hoping we hear Something this week.

I know 6 weeks has been mentioned But I can't be only the one that thinks We probably will Start the season with our current Owner.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:05 pm

I've said it may come down to waiting on the FFP announcement a few times now. It makes a lot of sense. Certainly a lot more than a deal being done but not announced to get cheaper transfer deals (I'm pretty certain that wouldn't be legal in many ways) for me (and it's a complete guess) we are at the latter stages of an agreement, hence the exclusivity agreement (as its progressed beyond all other deals and is the preferred bid) I'd say the price is agreed and DD is at an advanced stage, with a few i's to dot and t's to cross. Anyway with a few weeks to go until we know more on the FFP, why rush the last stage now? When the two parties can take their time, plan together (with the assumption a deal will close) and await the FFP announcement which could significantly alter what a new owner could spend over the next 4 years.

For me this is the most realistic scenario given what we 'know' thus far. So no secret, let's kid the rest of the EPL and save a few million, no parting gift of 30 million being spent (as RL wouldn't even spend in January to ensure survival) and no other reason for us not hearing anything except it takes time and considering the above it may well go into July (safe in the knowledge the transfer window doesn't properly start until 1st July)

It feels like nothing is happening as we all want it so badly and are hitting refresh every 5 mins. In reality it will happen in good time and I'm confident those involved will do it at a time that will benefit the club in the mid to long term.

So let's be patient for a few more weeks before it really hots up!!! UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by keithj Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:19 pm

TS had a bet that we would not have new owners by the 6th July when the team resumes training, if we have new Chinese owners this makes sense as 8 is regarded as a very lucky number in China so it must be the 8th
8)
keithj

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:13 am

What would be involved in Due Diligence of a (sadly run-of-the-mill) football club? I can't imagine there are issues of intellectual property or complex asset ownership. I'd have thought - and I admit I know next to sod-all about such things - that DD of a business like Aston Villa would be very straight forward. The accounts, land ownership, player contracts, sponsorship deals and so on surely shouldn't take 6 weeks plus!

Just thinking out loud, if a bidder was granted exclusivity then that was based on an offer that, in turn, was based on facts and figures supplied by the club. Deal done in principle provided DD doesn't turn up anything not disclosed during the bidding process. Once those facts and figures have been verified then we should hear something.

We had so many reports - from the Telegraph on June 8th through to people who knew people - that stated that one bidder had been granted exclusivity. If it blame known on June 8th then it's likely that exclusivity was given a good couple of weeks prior to that. So let's say the last week of May. 6 weeks from then puts us in the first week of July.

By then UEFA should have sorted their shit out as well.

So, add on a couple of days for the Chinese (gut feeling) to play last minute silly-buggers with price and I think I'll go along with Keith above and put my money on the 8th.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next