The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by De Kuip Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:45 pm

Wyness also reminded the minister that the future King is a villa fan and if the toadying Tory c.unt wanted to make it to the Lords one day he'd better pull his fucking finger out and get the compo sorted sharpish
De Kuip
De Kuip

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 21 5_star12

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by AstonThriller Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Anyone seen the latest Xia tweets HERE and HERE? Looks like the good doctor is doing major deals with the Indonesia and India governments by forming Recon Indonesia and Recon India to do smart city deals. Asia, of course, is a massive market so to be in partnership with those markets is massive for Recon, and maybe massive for the Villa moving forward. Recon Indonesia is formed in partnership with state-owned company "Wika" which appears to be a construction company. HERE is some info on them.

The great news about this is we have foreign governments in bed with a company that owns the Villa. So if those nations ever want to get into the football business ala like those who own Man City and PSG, hopefully, we'd be first on the list Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 21 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:13 pm

To be honest I get lost by all this, I just concentrate on what is presented to me on the pitch!
achilles
achilles

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:47 am

Apparently three of Xia's businesses 'crashed' last month... and Xia has given an interview to the Chinese media on the situation... google translation and original.

deadbuzzardalive

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 am

Cheers dba.
Google TRANSLATE is an optimistic description isn't it!?
I ploughed through three quarters of the article and I'm none the wiser other than I think Dr Tony flashed Wills and Kate......3 timed by the look of it, the little pervert...whilst all the time shouting "I love smart titties".......
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Yes I'm none the wiser myself, but his Smart Cities business seems to be doing well at least, from what that article says.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:02 pm

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:12 am

Seems a decent enough bloke. He's answers are interesting though. Especially what he doesn't say. Honestly seems like the club was falling apart before the takeover.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:30 am

Birmingham named as hosts for the Commonwealth games 2022, interesting to see how it will affect the redevelopment of Villa Park.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:33 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Birmingham named as hosts for the Commonwealth games 2022, interesting to see how it will affect the redevelopment of Villa Park.

Will a new ground be built in the area like the Olympic stadium? That might be something to keep an eye on. Or maybe the council will help to fund the redevelopment of VP and make it a big attraction for the games?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:43 am

In the video above at about 24 minutes, Luke Organ spoke of the club being in discussions with 'our partners' regarding the development, which made me think that there might be outside investment involved.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:59 am

Looks like xia and co have signed a deal with a Chinese data company HERE. Good move this as alot of smart clubs like Brentford have used the data system to great effect both with how they play and in the transfer market.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Those running the club have made a complete and utter mess of it, and the buck stops with this guy, not good enough.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:38 am

Tony, I always believe in the saying "Change the people or change the people". In other words if you can't alter and improve someone, then get rid.
Guess which camp I'm in!?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:14 pm

Doesn't sound happy going by his latest tweet...

It’s fine that everyone made mistakes. However I agreed we still need to work harder to improve, step by step closer to our targets. Right now I have to admit it’s still a piece of business far away to my expectations, if it’s not the worst among RECON’s different segments.

A lot of people panicking, but I think it's a good thing that he's concerned.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:19 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Doesn't sound happy going by his latest tweet...

It’s fine that everyone made mistakes. However I agreed we still need to work harder to improve, step by step closer to our targets. Right now I have to admit it’s still a piece of business far away to my expectations, if it’s not the worst among RECON’s different segments.

A lot of people panicking, but I think it's a good thing that he's concerned.

Not sure a public tweet is the best way to express his concerns though.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:06 pm

Thay's his way of saying "yeah Bruce is shit but i'm not gonna sack him now and pay out the rest of his contract while paying for a new manager so buck your ideas up lads i can't afford a new manager yet"
bruka

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:50 pm

All our eggs are firmly in the Bruce basket, it’s all or nothing.
Dazzle
Dazzle

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Concerning tbh, many business guru's would dispose of a dead duck quite hastily. He's very quiet currently and i'm hoping this isn't a sign that he's losing interest and looking to sack it off as a bad idea.

He's basically saying it's the bad apple in his network and there is a distinct lack of reassuring words for the fans in that statement. Sounds like he's saying if we don't get promoted this season he'll be reconsidering what to do with it to me.

Hopefully he means he'll be making changes to staff rather than selling it on.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Think it's more a case of him criticising Bruce. To extend your business analogy, value investors or business men rarely enter a business and back out when things hit a bump in the road, they do however frequently change up management. Management is even one of the 3Ms. Moat, Management. Margin of Safety. (ok now I'm taking the piss).

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:17 am

I don't think he's losing interest, it was only about a month ago that Recon signed a deal with Birmingham Council to help with the regeneration of the city, and he's also been in talks with them about the Villa Talk redevelopment, and HS2 and how it affects Bodymoor Heath.

There's been a lot questioning him recently, and now the reaction to this tweet, I wouldn't be surprised if we get another article soon on the official site talking about his plans for the club, maybe some details on the revamp, to try and reassure people.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 am

I'm sure you're right guys, that's the trouble with short texts or tweets, they are not thorough enough and can therefore be read several ways.

Anyhow at least he's not ignorant to the goings on which is a good thing.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:52 am

We shouldn’t get too worked up about the idea that Aston Villa FC is probably more a vehicle for Mr Xia to push through his smart city/development plans with Birmingham council, that’s likely the bigger target. Obviously it helps if Aston Villa FC are more successful/high profile, I think Xia is obviously looking to do what the oil men have done with Man City and Manchester.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:04 am

Basically he is just saying what he feels, which is refreshingly honest in this day and age!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:49 pm

https://twitter.com/AVFC_Religion/status/952512539153305600
He's back with his equations. Ulloa and Tuenzebe?
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next