The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 20 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 pm

I hadn't heard any of the allegations in this Mirror article, such as us having to take out loans, and staff going unpaid. Is Nursey making it up? Such rumours aren't really good for the club, especially on the day the royals visited - by which I mean on a day when there's going to more media focus on us than usual, and perhaps in Xia's homeland China.

Will be interesting to see if Wyness or Xia respond, with anything other than 'don't listen to paper talk'.
deadbuzzardalive

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 20 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by AstonThriller Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:33 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The Estate Agents he was in discussion with (Realis Estates Limited) regarding the 'Aston Project', seem to specialize in Retail and Leisure developments.

The Bodymoor discussions regarding HS2 are probably to do with compensation at this stage.

Trouble is all these grand plans will make failure to get promoted all the more galling.

Well the plan appears to be that they will make BMH a new academy facility for the youngsters like what Man City have, and then build a totally new training ground. I think that idea is brilliant tbh as giving our youngsters their own identity and HQ is another step in the right direction.

It's also interesting to see how many royal and government officials Xia meets with from all over the world. You don't see that with other owners, do you? Can't wait to see the plans he has for the club if/when we go back up.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 20 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Well according to an article on the Recon website primarily about Kate and William's visit, he's in negotiations at the moment with Birmingham City council about 'urban development', which will presumably be Villa Park and Aston.

Looks like he's making inroads with Birmingham Council in other ways too which will probably help with the talks, as there's going to be 'memorandum of understanding signing ceremony' in Hong Kong next week regarding 'Smart Cities', something he seems to be going big with when you consider he's in meetings with cabinet ministers from India, and Royal representatives from Saudi Arabia on the same subject.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:02 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I hadn't heard any of the allegations in this Mirror article, such as us having to take out loans, and staff going unpaid. Is Nursey making it up? Such rumours aren't really good for the club, especially on the day the royals visited - by which I mean on a day when there's going to more media focus on us than usual, and perhaps in Xia's homeland China.

Will be interesting to see if Wyness or Xia respond, with anything other than 'don't listen to paper talk'.

they have, just more tabloid bullshit. xia: Some Villa haters went extremely ugly by spreading rumors around saying I was caught in trouble and escaped away, made the public listed companies' minor shareholders panic to drop stocks. It's really

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:34 pm

He tweeted that before Nursey published his article, and posted something on his weibo account, a few days earlier to similar affect. Seems like Nursey saw the tweet and tried to make a bigger story out of it.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:37 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Well according to an article on the Recon website primarily about Kate and William's visit, he's in negotiations at the moment with Birmingham City council about 'urban development', which will presumably be Villa Park and Aston.

Looks like he's making inroads with Birmingham Council in other ways too which will probably help with the talks, as there's going to be 'memorandum of understanding signing ceremony' in Hong Kong next week regarding 'Smart Cities', something he seems to be going big with when you consider he's in meetings with cabinet ministers from India, and Royal representatives from Saudi Arabia on the same subject.

When you list off the amount of royal and government officials he has met with from all over the world, and then couple that with the fact that China's president's cousin was part of Recon for a short spell, it starts to paint a picture, doesn't it? Very Happy

Whatever the case, it seems like Xia is involved with some massive deals worldwide.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:51 pm

Shock that a lying Super-Sugarbag journo is trying to spin a story to be bigger than it is.

Fucking ambulance chasing pricks
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:35 pm

In his speech to the team which were posted a few pages back he stated recon has 200b worth of assets. This guy is the real deal I'm sure of it and 'when' we get promoted we'll see massive spending on the team in sure.

Last edited by danclare82 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
danclare82
danclare82

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:30 pm

I've no idea how much they're worth, but the 'Smart Cities' business that Teamax specialize in, and are getting a lot of contracts for, not just in China but all over the world, is forecast to be worth trillions in the next five to ten years, so it seems they're in the right area if they want to make money.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Looking on the companies house website I see Xia has recently set up two new companies, both addressed at Villa Park, with Xia as director, Recon Properties UK Limited, and Recon Smart Sports Limited.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Interview with Xia on the official website.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:56 pm

He certainly comes across as a great bloke, it would be nice if just half of what he says comes true after what we have had to put up with the last few years!

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Recon sign Memorandum of Understanding with Birmingham Council...

Dr. Tony Xia‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia
Good to work with BirminghamCity Council towards another Smart City. Hope RECON’s experience of hundreds of cities can help city’s future development.#Work4My2ndHometown

article taken from Recon website via google translate.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:19 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Recon sign Memorandum of Understanding with Birmingham Council...

Dr. Tony Xia‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia
Good to work with BirminghamCity Council towards another Smart City. Hope RECON’s experience of hundreds of cities can help city’s future development.#Work4My2ndHometown

article taken from Recon website via google translate.

jesus! I think we can safely say our tony isn't short of a few bob!

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:04 pm

I don't how much money Recon make from it, but 'Smart Cities' don't come cheap, local governments spend hundreds of millions on them, and Recon have worked with a lot of local governments in China on them, and are now starting to become more global, having recently signed deals or 'won' contracts in Indonesia, India, Tibet (Lhasa), now Birmingham, and possibly Saudi Arabia soon as well.

It's significant that they're working with Birmingham Council in many ways, as far as I know Man City are the only other club who've worked with local council in such a way on 'urban regeneration'. Also could help the club with planning permission for the Villa Park redevelopment, I suspect that something might have already been agreed, behind closed doors.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:12 pm

The work to be done on the stadium sounds like it could be pretty extensive, I wonder if we'll be able to use it whilst it's being done, and if not, whose ground would we use in the meantime.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Do any of the houses along Witton Lane and surrounding belong to the club?
Wookster
Wookster

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:59 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't how much money Recon make from it, but 'Smart Cities' don't come cheap, local governments spend hundreds of millions on them, and Recon have worked with a lot of local governments in China on them, and are now starting to become more global, having recently signed deals or 'won' contracts in Indonesia, India, Tibet (Lhasa), now Birmingham, and possibly Saudi Arabia soon as well.

It's significant that they're working with Birmingham Council in many ways, as far as I know Man City are the only other club who've worked with local council in such a way on 'urban regeneration'. Also could help the club with planning permission for the Villa Park redevelopment, I suspect that something might have already been agreed, behind closed doors.

Xia and co have said they want to emulate what City have done in terms of building up the surrounding area, buying satellite clubs abroad, creating the youth academy base etc etc. It brings me back to when we first got taken over and Steve Hollis mentioned about the Chinese Government being involved HERE. People laughed it off but when you look at the kind of stuff Xia is doing, i.e meeting with government and royal officials across the world and doing deals with them etc, it does reopen the idea in my mind regarding what Hollis said. How many business owners do you see meeting with so many important figures like that? It just doesn't happen.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:08 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The work to be done on the stadium sounds like it could be pretty extensive, I wonder if we'll be able to use it whilst it's being done, and if not, whose ground would we use in the meantime.

If we had to leave VP for a spell whilst back in the prem then I guess Coventry's ground might be looked at? Holds 32 thousand and not too far from VP. Can't see us sharing with anyone else tbh because Walsall's ground is far too small. Other options further afield would be Derby and Forest.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:58 am

And Coventry fans would be welcoming too. For some reason, Villa is like a second club to them.
Trotters
Trotters

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 20 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:28 am

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't how much money Recon make from it, but 'Smart Cities' don't come cheap, local governments spend hundreds of millions on them, and Recon have worked with a lot of local governments in China on them, and are now starting to become more global, having recently signed deals or 'won' contracts in Indonesia, India, Tibet (Lhasa), now Birmingham, and possibly Saudi Arabia soon as well.

Xia and co have said they want to emulate what City have done in terms of building up the surrounding area, buying satellite clubs abroad, creating the youth academy base etc etc. It brings me back to when we first got taken over and Steve Hollis mentioned about the Chinese Government being involved HERE. People laughed it off but when you look at the kind of stuff Xia is doing, i.e meeting with government and royal officials across the world and doing deals with them etc, it does reopen the idea in my mind regarding what Hollis said. How many business owners do you see meeting with so many important figures like that? It just doesn't happen.

I've no idea how closely affiliated with the Chinese government Xia is personally, but Recon will have worked closely with them on a lot the City planning and 'Smart City' building that they do, Xia himself is a special advisor on urban planning to a number of local governments as well, so he has his connections in one way or another, also 'Lotus Health' used to be state owned.

Recon Smart City website
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Trotters wrote:And Coventry fans would be welcoming too. For some reason, Villa is like a second club to them.

It would suit Potato Head? Don't Wasps play there?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:00 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
Trotters wrote:And Coventry fans would be welcoming too. For some reason, Villa is like a second club to them.

Yes, they got over 22,000 to see them play Leicester. I admit I am tempted to go and see Wasps play, purely for a bit of entertainment!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:24 pm

achilles wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

Yes, they got over 22,000 to see them play Leicester. I admit I am tempted to go and see Wasps play, purely for a bit of entertainment!

Well I can tell you the only sporting entertainment I get locally is Exeter Chiefs and it makes a nice change watching a club who came from nothing becoming great rather than a club the came from great and in recent times almost became nothing.
Still pisses me off that we even allowed McLeish or Bruce through the doors. Is this what we've become, that cast offs from the fucking trampy inbreds have been given permission to walk the hallowed halls of Villa park. No matter how well Bruce does for us he'll still have the stink of St Andrex on him.
De Kuip
De Kuip

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 20 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Sky reporting that we're considering relocating training here.

Aston Villa are considering relocating their training ground complex, because the government's high-speed rail link, HS2, is scheduled to run through their academy pitches.

Villa's chief executive Keith Wyness, met with Department for Transport minister Paul Maynard on Wednesday to show him the impact the £24.7billion high-speed Birmingham to London rail link would have on their Bodymoor Heath training ground complex.

Sky Sports News understand the meeting was productive, and Villa are confident they will get adequate compensation to enable them to remain at Bodymoor Heath, and acquire land north of the main buildings.

Wyness told the Birmingham Mail: "We are hugely appreciative of the time the minister spent with us.

"He showed an obvious appreciation for the significant problem we face and how we are very quickly running out of time.

"Unless HS2 really steps up we face great uncertainty.

"Bodymoor Heath has been the home of the first team since 1975 and is one of the country's top academies.

"If we do not deal with this soon we will not be able to develop our best young players and the stars of the future. It is the lifeblood of the team.

"I know that every supporter will stand with me should HS2 not treat us fairly."

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next