The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 24 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Dazzle wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:What's with the story BTW that Wyness sat him down before the Middlesborough playoff to explain what would happen if we didn't get promoted and he sat silent for three minutes. How could Xia not have known the state the club was in until then?

Questions also need to be put to Wyness as to why he’d let it get to that state? Sadly a few of us saw this coming a year ago, perhaps not administration but certainly the shit or bust gamble.
Wouldn’t it be a marvellous thing if the likes of Richards and McCormack came forward and said something like, “given the dire problems the club has and the job losses that could lead to, Ive taken the decision to offer to terminate my contract with immediate effect if made available for free transfer”? Won’t happen in a million years but had to say it. A combination of mismanagement and leeches has brought this grand old club to its knees.

I was thinking just that. If it meant a lot of staff facing redundancy or unwanted players leaving would they do the right thing? I don't know, you'd like to think that they'd become complete pariahs if they didn't do what was right but we won't find out for some time. Of course what we definitely won't hear is them say that since both have contributed to our demise not only will they give up their contracts but will also work their hardest to be fit and available to play for us for free next season.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 24 4_star10

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 24 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Dazzle Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:34 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:A lot of people seem to be reading it as a goodbye, but I'm not sure myself. The statement that the club have just released doesn't really tell us anything either.

My 1st thought when I read it was that it sounded like a sorry and goodbye. Let’s hope that’s the case and that he has to bite the bullet, financially, rather than the Villa. In his current predicament he needs to accept a few million and disappear to do something else in life.
Dazzle
Dazzle

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 24 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:44 pm

I, for one, feel very sorry for TonY Xia. I think his heart has always been in the right place and he has been an enthusiastic owner. He is getting a lot of crap on some of the other forums but the fact is that he has badly advised and badly let down by some of the people paid to manage the club.
He may have been naive on some issues but it is not his fault that the Chinese regime is suddenly changing it's rules on foreign investments.
I hope things come good for him and he has the last laugh because that will be good for the club too. I am looking forward to seeing a bunch of the talented kids we have at the club next season rather that the overpaid journeymen we have been watching. I think the Villa will do alright.
big ming

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 24 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:10 pm

big ming wrote:I, for one, feel very sorry for TonY Xia. I think his heart has always been in the right place and he has been an enthusiastic owner. He is getting a lot of crap on some of the other forums but the fact is that he has badly advised and badly let down by some of the people paid to manage the club.
He may have been naive on some issues but it is not his fault that the Chinese regime is suddenly changing it's rules on foreign investments.
I hope things come good for him and he has the last laugh because that will be good for the club too. I am looking forward to seeing a bunch of the talented kids we have at the club next season rather that the overpaid journeymen we have been watching. I think the Villa will do alright.

100% Accurate Big Ming. A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 24 4025243045
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Chancer? Gambler? Optamistic? or Visionary.....Read this and decide for yourself.
https://www.mingtiandi.com/real-estate/outbound-investment/china-says-wandas-cross-border-entertainment-deals-violate-capital-controls/

Had to edit after reading it back, a Chancer is a Gambler and a optimistic is a visionary.

A) Chancer?
B) Visionary?
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:55 pm

OK - After much googling reading many forums, looking at how other clubs have coped. This is what I think is happening - none of it is particularly good - and gives no pleasure to type this - happy to be proved wrong - not from a finance background - but have been working on this for the last couple of days - take a deep breath here it is....

Best Case Scenario.
There is a 50m loan in villa accounts - this has been there from the start of xias reign and has been used each month to cover the shortfall. The original loan was for a period of 2 years. This expired and why in the short term we have this mini crisis.
Wyness tried to force the club into administration - and had backers lined up to snatch the club from xia on the cheap. Much of the stuff in the press the last few days has painted the picture bleaker than it in an attempt to lower the price of a sale.
Xia has now extended the loan and we run for a further two years to get the wages right down.

More worrying scenario.
Recon in the last 48 hours has approved a £50m loan - this could in fact be an extension of the terms of the original loan - or it could be another loan on top of the 50m.
To me this suggest xia has no cash (not assets) of his own. He is a wealthy man but access to liquid cash is short.
Recon appear to be a group of companies - only a couple of them are traditional companies as we know them. one is his health foods the other pharmaceuticals. Neither very profitable.
The other companies are holding companies with considerable assets which they move around (buy and sell)
Here is where it gets really bad. The suggestion is that recon have arranged this £50m loan via chinese banks - it flows through recon - but if push comes to shove we could owe directly to a chinese bank.

Going Forward - the quick fixes
Sell the training ground and lease it back. sounds like a plan - the problem other clubs have had with this is that after a couple of years the rents go through the roof.
Then they come after the ground.

Mortgage v future season ticket sales.
In some ways we have already done this - we sold 17000 season tickets before last season ended - that money has probably already gone.

In future a company my offer us cash up front for a couple of years season ticket sales - again short term cash flow solved - but long term you need that cash....

I could go on - don't shoot the messenger - I am not even sure Xia owns us in a meaningful sense. People have said its similar to leeds - personally I think it is more like Carson yeung at blues.
There is no rock bottom - each bail out is done by more and more shady people - very much like patday loans on a larger scale

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:14 am

And there was me thinking i read that when he was undergoing the fit & proper test Xia showed proof of 500m he had put in a UK bank account to run us for several years? Or was i imagining things?

Odd
The Utterer
The Utterer

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 24 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:26 am

The Utterer wrote:And there was me thinking i read that when he was undergoing the fit & proper test Xia showed proof of 500m he had put in a UK bank account to run us for several years? Or was i imagining things?

Odd

Probably all in the name of Recon - ergo holding companies and chines banks.

Fit and proper test is very lightweight.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:23 pm

[i]Dr. Tony Xia
‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia
18m18 minutes ago
No matter what happened, you cannot disappear from my world.

Yes

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:33 pm

"No matter what happened you cannot disappear from my world."

You missed a bit, DBA.

I liked Tony. He was a bit crackers and he took a gamble that didn't pay off, presumably costing him a lot of money. he invested in some great players and gave them to a terrible manager, listening to (with hindsight) some very flawed advice. Who knows if he had the money, he convinced Randy and the FIA he did but maybe the Chinese government put a stopper on it all. He did, however, enable the current owners to take over the club and we'll see but hopefully there are great things to come.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Yes for whatever reason, the text between his two love heart emoji's didn't show up when I copied and pasted them. Have edited now and left out the hearts.

I like Xia as a person, or at least how he comes across, and I think he meant well for the club, and genuinely thought he could make a success of it, but unfortunately our record of spending three years in the championship, almost being wound up, and being days away from administration, won't reflect well on his reign at the club... I guess like Lerner his mistake was putting his trust in the wrong people, hopefully Sawiris and Edens won't make the same mistake.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:04 pm

I think I read that his man at the club was a Chinese student who found a job at the club and was promoted to the top when Tony took over.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:20 pm

That was Rongtian He, before Xia arrived his job was updating the club's social media profiles in China, he's a genuine Villa fan as well, I don't think we can really blame him for our predicament. I was more referring to the likes of Bruce, Wyness and Round, who failed to make the most of the resources that Xia provided for them.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:57 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:That was Rongtian He, before Xia arrived his job was updating the club's social media profiles in China, he's a genuine Villa fan as well, I don't think we can really blame him for our predicament. I was more referring to the likes of Bruce, Wyness and Round, who failed to make the most of the resources that Xia provided for them.

I wasn't blaming him, I wasn't disagreeing with you. But when you invest in a club like Villa and aren't there to run it, you probably want your representative sitting in meetings with the likes of Round, Wyness and Bruce to be someone with experience and nous and not a fresh-faced kid who happens to be the one person at the club who speaks Cantonese. I may be doing him a disservice here but Villa fan or not I'm not sure he was necessarily the right man for the job.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Yes I was going to say as well meaning as he is, he shouldn't really have been elevated to such an high position in the boardroom.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzz Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:29 pm

I'm sure everyone has seen it, but for the sake of bumping a thread other than a match thread, Xia wanted by a Chinese court and there is a reward for anyone who can find him, according to reports. Mind it's come from James Nursey who's not got the best track record with stories related to Villa.
deadbuzz
deadbuzz

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 24 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24