The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:35 pm

I was a little surprised by this tweet. I was expecting him to back off a little now that he's bedded in & allayed most of our fears about him - I'm not sure he should be expressing opinions about the team & manager's performance. We can all guess that he won't be happy when we lose or draw so keep for the staff appraisals behind closed doors.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:56 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:I was a little surprised by this tweet. I was expecting him to back off a little now that he's bedded in & allayed most of our fears about him - I'm not sure he should be expressing opinions about the team & manager's performance. We can all guess that he won't be happy when we lose or draw so keep for the staff appraisals behind closed doors.

When you spend near on 60m pounds i think you're entitled to express your opinions. He's frustrated like all of us and I like that he actually cares rather than be an absent landlord like the last owner we had.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:08 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:I was a little surprised by this tweet. I was expecting him to back off a little now that he's bedded in & allayed most of our fears about him - I'm not sure he should be expressing opinions about the team & manager's performance. We can all guess that he won't be happy when we lose or draw so keep for the staff appraisals behind closed doors.

When you spend near on 60m pounds i think you're entitled to express your opinions. He's frustrated like all of us and I like that he actually cares rather than be an absent landlord like the last owner we had.

But the odd thing is that the tweet he's replying to is suggesting that we've just been unlucky but Dr T is saying that it's more to do with poor performance. Don't these things usually work the other way around (angry fans & owners calling for patience)? Looks like we may have an extremely demanding owner - RDM may have cause to be a little nervous.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:04 pm

Being unlucky is the kind of excuse you'd hear from a poor (or even average) manager. Saying it how it is is what you'd expect to hear from the top managers in Europe.

That an owner comes out and says it, tells me that not only does he have a bit of a deeper understanding of the game than I perhaps gave him credit for, he's also got his finger firmly on the pulse of what the fans think and will not tolerate failure.

This tweet probably gives us more insight into the man that owns us than any other comment he's made this far.

Good to see.
Trotters
Trotters

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:41 am

We have become accustomed to mediocrity at Villa Park and have been way too nice in dealing with it. It's becoming clear that this will no longer be tolerated and i like that!

The Utterer
The Utterer

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by shanghaivilla Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:18 am

i love his openness its so refreshing, actually i thought overall we played very well.
virtually a new team, we will get better and if we dont then i think Tony will make changes.
going to be a exciting but bumpy road.
shanghaivilla
shanghaivilla

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:05 am

4BetLite wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Villa Park when electric is feckin unbelievable isn't it and no team will fancy playing against us there so anything that helps create that electric buzz to help the team then super, i always sing always clapping and bouncing whilst under the influence of a few beers and now we have a team that can win and ambition back in the club then it's time for us all to pack the Holte and sing Villa til we drop Scarf Waving

Two things that always happen to me at Villa Park..............

1. When I see the pitch..... I get goose bumps.
2. By the end of the game.....I've lost my voice.

Love it, my voice is strained by the end of the game, lost it proper a few times to the point it hurts LOL so i know what ya mean matey, at least we got something to feckin sing and cheer now, the goosebumps have not left me yet either back of the neck and arms rush i know exactly what ya mean, Villa Park is special there is no mistake about it you feel it and it feels right and home plus always no matter how many times i go think to myself ''wow'' looking round in aw of the grand place, i hope that never changes :)
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:04 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:

But the odd thing is that the tweet he's replying to is suggesting that we've just been unlucky but Dr T is saying that it's more to do with poor performance. Don't these things usually work the other way around (angry fans & owners calling for patience)? Looks like we may have an extremely demanding owner - RDM may have cause to be a little nervous.

With a £60m spend - and 1 win in 7 - I am totally with Tony that we can't keep blaming luck. I have a hunch Dr Tony is a 'Go get em' sort of guy. Whilst RDM is the more mild, quiet type of a bloke......interesting times.

My only reservation is that, going forward, top notch managers won't stand for the owner tweeting over his head. RDM is a mistake that can soon be rectified - but I hope Dr Tony isn't only going to appoint meek managers.

smetro
smetro

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:40 pm

These free agents don't half have some wage demands...

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 20160910
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:44 pm

Just tried to embed the last Dr. Tony Xia tweet, just does not work for me must be doing something wrong, it all looks good when I preview but when I post it looks like this.

Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:45 pm

I wonder what that 4.2B deal is, will be keeping an eye on the Recon website. He's started posting on Weibo again now as well. Hopefully get the win on Wednesday to help with his and all our disappointment.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:15 pm

I wonder what contract it is and is it pounds or Chinese currency?  How much is 4.2b Chinese? Some serious money if pounds
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:36 pm

danclare82 wrote:I wonder what contract it is and is it pounds or Chinese currency?  How much is 4.2b Chinese? Some serious money if pounds

If it's ¥ then it equals roughly £456m
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:42 pm

see I don't think it's down to the players RDM is follow all managers and playing square pegs in round holes, both grealish and ayew are not wingers, it's plain to see we have no width, kodija and guestede like the ball in the box, to many times grealish and ayew, cut in and most times it comes to nothing as it's predictable.

I think we can all see if we go up RDM is not the manager for long term.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:38 am

Had Mac knocked that ball into the open net, had Ayew's shot been 1 inch lower, had that ball gone 2 more inches over the line, had their goalkeeper been Joe Hart, then the score line would have been something that could have seen the Forest a manager get the sack and RDM manager of the month.

That part of things was just down to being unlucky (or on the part of Mac, maybe slightly unfocused).

But it's up to a manager to manage his luck. When it's going his way, make it count. When it isn't, make sure it doesn't backfire and blow up in your face.

And that's where RDM failed. And not just RDM...you really also have to point a finger at his senior coaching staff because even if RDM got caught watching the match instead of managing it, one of his staff should have been planning the midfield lockdown.

Maybe they considered putting Jedi, Bacuna or even Baker on but figured we were in the ascendency and bolstering the midfield would be seen by the crowd as a negative move and if Forest DID score, he'd be blamed for doing what we always do in sitting back for the last ten and inviting pressure on ourselves.

And I'd get that if we already had a solid midfield out there.

But we didn't. We had a knackered Westwood pretty much on his own against fresh Forest substitutes.

Subs should have been made to rectify that and just kill time, give our players a 60 second breather and re-organise things.

It was unprofessional. Without doubt.

I just hope he learns from it because another game like that and I can see a sign going on Xia's door saying "interviews open".
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:57 pm

I think Xia saying that he's completed the signing of a contract worth 4.2B, is probably more likely to be some contract with the government, related to the 'Smart City' side of his business, rather than him buying anything for that much. I think I'm right in saying that there have been similar deals like that for Recon in the past.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:03 am

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 JS97569225

Don't know who has more money but bloody hell at least Xia doesn't have the face of a 70 year old mixed with the body of a 12 year old like the new Boggies owner!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:04 am

Is that him standing next to an actual 12-year-old?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:03 pm

You laugh, but prior to the Chinese discovering western food, he was the starting power forward for the national basketball team.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Got to love the Doc? He just says what we are all thinking? He's put up the money so he is entitled to say whatever he wants in my eyes!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:24 pm

We've played 6 games & been 'unlucky' in 4 of them....

I'm with the Doc once or maybe twice can be down to luck the rest.... poor finishing / positioning / team play

I'm sure it will come good & hope it;s tonight !!
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:29 pm

1Elliot wrote:We've played 6 games & been 'unlucky' in 4 of them....

I'm with the Doc once or maybe twice can be down to luck the rest.... poor finishing / positioning / team play

I'm sure it will come good & hope it;s tonight !!

Plus RDM made a very similar mistake that a certain Mr Sherwood made last year versus Leicester and didn't shore up the midfield when taking the lead in a game? Sometimes tactical nouse can override 'luck'? I wonder if our new DF Steve Round has had a word in Robbie's shell like?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:05 am

I like the owners latest tweets, in particular the tweet regarding his apparent adding of pressure onto the team/management. "2face any pressure and go through is a requirement to succeed", he tweeted. BANG ON THE MONEY. People, ie the players/manager, have to toughen the fuck up, and people need to stop finding excuses. Aston Villa FC has to have a zero excuse mindset. Pressure is an everyday occurrence for pretty much everyone, in whatever form. So those of you who seem to think that the poor little players are being hindered by a little bit of booing at the end of a poor performance had better steady yourselves for the coming months, because it looks like we have an owner who doesn't take that fluffy bollox excuse culture, and I LOVE that.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:31 am

Yes great to see him acknowledge that Holiday Camp Aston Villa is now closed.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:08 am

I don't get some of our "fans".

This guy has a key role working for Xia, has been very open and communicative and gets THIS response???

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 12 Screen11
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next