The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by Dazzle Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:39 am

Xia appears to have turned out to be what I feared, a classic capitalist chancer who gambled with other peoples money in the hope of making himself a lot of money. It’s gone belly up and Villa are left holding the baby. Xia can cut and run, Villa cannot and will now have to pay the penalty. I tend to lean more towards Jordans slant on the subject and think we could be in troubled waters. I hope I’m drastically and categorically wrong.
Dazzle
Dazzle

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 23 2_star10

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by NARLA24 Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 am

Rumours in the Sun that a consortium are due to approach Xia.
This is going to sting and not going to turn out well at all.
NARLA24
NARLA24

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 23 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:13 am

Whether we're for sale or not I've no idea, but I'm fairly confident in saying that the consortium mentioned in the sun won't be buying us, they've already failed to buy Newport County and several other championship clubs... We had similar stories when Randy was looking to sell.

Probably bull, but someone on twitter claiming that Southall bid has already failed but there are a few other proposals, and that the club will be briefing the press on Wednesday.

I personally find it strange that Recon should sponsor the training ground and then look to sell up a month or so later... But then again it's strange that they haven't denied any of this.
deadbuzzardalive

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 23 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:27 am

Don't know how reliable they are but BBC WM saying no consortium have approached the club, and there's no indication that we're for sale.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:53 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Don't know how reliable they are but BBC WM saying no consortium have approached the club, and there's no indication that we're for sale.

Shades of......

Its only just over week since we failed to make the promised land of untold riches from Sky.

Has Dr Tony put the wheels in motion for us to be sold ?- probably not - has the idea entered his head ? - probably

Has a consortium approach xia ? probably not - have people been alerted and are holding a watching brief ? - most likely.

I think we are in the doomsday scenario - players have to be sold to the balance the books - Xia has no clever plan (or willpower) to boost our finances - worst of all he has made some poor decisions whilst in charge - with the little to suggest he is about to start making good decisions now.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:07 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Don't know how reliable they are but BBC WM saying no consortium have approached the club, and there's no indication that we're for sale.

"There's no indication"..LOL so they can't confirm that he doesn't want to sell, can they? Laughing Until Xia shoots this down, the rumors will continue to swirl. It's not just the sun that has mentioned a potential sale either, The Daily Star said it first and Simon Jordan hinted at it on talksport too. So something tells me that within football circles the feelers may have been put out by Recon.

Xia said it himself, he's a "business man", so if another group comes up with the money I'm 100% sure he'll cash in. Especially as he said in the past that Villa was the only business he was involved in that made a loss. The only question now is the ambition/wealth of any prospective buyer.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 23 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:29 pm

I'm not sure if these two articles have been posted before on here but both are worth a read.

http://en.reconig.com/index.php/Show/cid/140/aid/269

http://westdollar.com/sbdm/finance/news/1354,20171213812260434.html

Also for those who use twitter check out @VertexGroupLtd posts from June 1st, they make sense, Xia is not looking to sell.

Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Fpuppys wrote:I'm not sure if these two articles have been posted before on here but both are worth a read.

http://en.reconig.com/index.php/Show/cid/140/aid/269

http://westdollar.com/sbdm/finance/news/1354,20171213812260434.html

Also for those who use twitter check out @VertexGroupLtd posts from June 1st, they make sense, Xia is not looking to sell.

Good shout-out on Vertex. A more pleseant read than other speculative sources. Stresses not in ITK but says that so far Dr Xia has always kept his cards to his chest & rarely lets any plans spill until ready. He feels that it's more likely that he would've prepared more fully for staying in Championship than promotion. Also says:
"I have a gut feeling that Xia is looking to go down the Wolves route hence confusion in regards to the takeover. Would make sense as the 2 being mentioned 1 is an agent with contacts the other is a DOF who has worked in that role with Spurs,Charlton,Sheff Wed and more."
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:33 pm

I've looked at that VertexGroupLtd person's tweets and he makes some good points, but I think he's presuming that Xia wanting to sell is a bad thing, so is trying to put a positive spin on things to try and convince people and maybe himself that it's not going to happen.

The two article linked are from last year and outdated, for example the one from the Recon site states that they're buying a movie firm, but that deal has long since fallen through, and since then things have changed, failure to get promoted, and the new legislation in China making it difficult to move money from that country.

Also we could be looking to go down the Wolves route, but we wouldn't be using Matt Southall, he's no longer a football agent, and when he was he only represented players from the lower leagues.

Not saying that Xia's definitely looking to sell, just that those articles are out of date, and if we're looking to get an agent on board it won't be Matt Southall.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Dazzle wrote:Xia appears to have turned out to be what I feared, a classic capitalist chancer who gambled with other peoples money in the hope of making himself a lot of money. It’s gone belly up and Villa are left holding the baby. Xia can cut and run, Villa cannot and will now have to pay the penalty. I tend to lean more towards Jordans slant on the subject and think we could be in troubled waters. I hope I’m drastically and categorically wrong.

Its looking more like this isn't it.

I have been sceptical all along because I couldn't see where the money was coming from. Sure recon have assets - but not really profits - Recon seem to speculate on buying companies - of which we appear to have been one.

All speculation - but its not looking promising now. I think we are in deep shite - and not just with FFP. don't forget lerner had been underwriting losses for many years and that was as a PL club.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 pm

I guess I was just trying also to put a positive spin on things, I guess we will find out more when Bruce is back from Portugal and Xia fires his sorry arse.

As for the " The new legislation in China making it difficult to move money from that country." does Xia not have companies around the world?
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:07 pm

If he does I'm not aware of any of them, and even if he does it would still have some affect... Even Dalian Wanda had to had to pull out of a deal, to buy Dick Clark Productions, because of the same 'Government clampdown'.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:53 pm

I’m not having that. The Sun said there is a consortium. It’s in bLack and white. Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 23 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Howard Hodgson has popped up again as he does at these times.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 23 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:28 am

Terry Derry wrote:Howard Hodgson has popped up again as he does at these times.
as always
NARLA24
NARLA24

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 23 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:53 am

Is he going to save us?
DelboyVilla

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 23 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:02 am

He's said on twitter that he's helping Xia in the short term with his cash flow problems... Mean while the Express and Star yesterday reported that a consortium of 'wealthy' Villa fans have got together to help Xia out, which could lead to them making an offer to buy the club... Whether he has anything to do with that I don't know... But he did say on twitter yesterday that if he has anything to do with it Bruce won't be at the club next season, which implies that he thinks there might be a chance that he will be involved somehow.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:09 am

Not exactly reassuring...

Dr. Tony Xia
‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia
3m3 minutes ago
It has been very difficult 2weeks as I hinted earlier I was almost heartbroken by something.Tried my best to keep beloved AV move forward. Thanks for all ppl standing together going through the difficult time. It was all supporters’ encouraging words to keep me/us stronger.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:00 pm

I read it has that he has paid the tax and threat of administration has gone for now.

Its also being suggested that the laws about chinese cash leaving the shores do not kick in until $300m - so Xia shouldn't be restricted.

As I have always thought I don't think he has the cash. It wouldn't surprise if he borrowed to purchase us.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:06 pm

What's with the story BTW that Wyness sat him down before the Middlesborough playoff to explain what would happen if we didn't get promoted and he sat silent for three minutes. How could Xia not have known the state the club was in until then?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Xia is as good as finished with the Villa as far as I’m concerned. It’s clear he doesn’t have either the finance or know how to take Villa forward. He’ll be forever tarred now as the man who took us to the brink of administration, we might still end up there when further payments are due. For that alone he has to become history.
We need hard nosed, savvy owners who know football, or certainly know the right people to put in place. They don’t need to be billionaires. Just people with Villa in mind and the ability to maximise the name of Aston Villa. People that won’t end up buying the likes of Richards and McCormack, people that can spot a snake.
Xia must sell, and he must sell quick.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:22 pm

A lot of people seem to be reading it as a goodbye, but I'm not sure myself. The statement that the club have just released doesn't really tell us anything either.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:25 pm

If we have to sell for FFP any potential purchasers for the likes of Grealish are going to screw us completely on the price because they know we're up the creek with no paddle, which will mean selling more players. Whatever's going on the owner and club are going to try to look completely calm about it all and say nothing untoward is going on, whether it is or not.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:27 pm

FoxyAV wrote:What's with the story BTW that Wyness sat him down before the Middlesborough playoff to explain what would happen if we didn't get promoted and he sat silent for three minutes. How could Xia not have known the state the club was in until then?

Questions also need to be put to Wyness as to why he’d let it get to that state? Sadly a few of us saw this coming a year ago, perhaps not administration but certainly the shit or bust gamble.
Wouldn’t it be a marvellous thing if the likes of Richards and McCormack came forward and said something like, “given the dire problems the club has and the job losses that could lead to, Ive taken the decision to offer to terminate my contract with immediate effect if made available for free transfer”? Won’t happen in a million years but had to say it. A combination of mismanagement and leeches has brought this grand old club to its knees.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:30 pm

"almost heartbroken" - he's not out of it yet? He's recovered?
"by something" - still keeping secrets.
"Tried my best" - he's done.

Agree he needs his tweets to be proofread particularly while we're hanging on every word - "the difficult time" would normally suggest past tense (as opposed to "this difficult time") but given Dr Xia's fractured English I doubt it.

What it definitely isn't is a clear note of reassurance that things are in hand - more like it feels like it's all out of his hands & been taken away from him.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next