The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:24 pm

Green Villan wrote:
jimbop wrote:why cant it fockin be us!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29177759

Location is going to be a massive factor, everyone wants to head to crappy London.

when I clicked on bbc news all I first seen was "breaking news, American Takeover" I focking cacked it and thought it was about us and its happening!! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:28 pm

Oh yeah it's the 12th, didn't even notice.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:29 pm

jimbop wrote:
Green Villan wrote:
jimbop wrote:why cant it fockin be us!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29177759

Location is going to be a massive factor, everyone wants to head to crappy London.

when I clicked on bbc news all I first seen was "breaking news, American Takeover" I focking cacked it and thought it was about us and its happening!! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1558371468

What were you thinking dude!?  Laughing at You   We will have to speculate for another yeas or so. We are Aston Villa, nothing happens quickly with us...Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 1715320296
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Green Villan wrote:Oh yeah it's the 12th, didn't even notice.

I really thought it was about us mate, resigned now to thinking nothing doing, back to beating the bishop and dreaming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:33 pm

I'm giving up holding my breath on Monday. Fuck it. Given what I've read and seen, I'm sure there's someone on the scene but quite why it's all dragging out I dunno so I'll focus on Saturdays at 3pm and Lambert's insanely amusing mumblings about maybe getting around to talking to Vlaar and Delph one day.

As comedy clubs go, Villa aren't bad.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:39 pm

would any one take Joe Lewis as a new owner? I mean he could soon have a billion pounds burning a hole in his pocket and he does have knowledge of the English game. they do say its hard to stay away from football.
Keyser Soze

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:06 pm

i am just glad we got off to a good start and theres alot of good vibes now. If we started with a few losses... wow the atmosphere would be toxic. A win against Liverpool would make things interesting.

I am actually enjoying this season.. takeover or no takeover.
Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Kaz wrote:i am just glad we got off to a good start and theres alot of good vibes now. If we started with a few losses... wow the atmosphere would be toxic. A win against Liverpool would make things interesting.

I am actually enjoying this season.. takeover or no takeover.

defo, fock me the bells will be ringing if we do the job seekers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:17 pm

jesus have you seen kozaks scoring record to gabby's whole last season: His record for Villa isn’t shabby, though. In eight starts for the club he has scored four Premier League goals.

That was the same as Gabby Agbonlahor managed all season last term and just two short of Andreas Weimann’s total, although it should be noted that they rarely played as the main striker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:21 pm

jimbop wrote:jesus have you seen kozaks scoring record to gabby's whole last season: His record for Villa isn’t shabby, though. In eight starts for the club he has scored four Premier League goals.

That was the same as Gabby Agbonlahor managed all season last term and just two short of Andreas Weimann’s total, although it should be noted that they rarely played as the main striker.

I basically see Kojak as our replacement for Bent, Kojak may be a poacher but he has a few more dimensions to his play compared with Bent, now on the subject of Bent I want to know what the heck is going through his mind, very disappointed with his so called come back.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Green Villan wrote:
jimbop wrote:jesus have you seen kozaks scoring record to gabby's whole last season: His record for Villa isn’t shabby, though. In eight starts for the club he has scored four Premier League goals.

I basically see Kojak as our replacement for Bent, Kojak may be a poacher but he has a few more dimensions to his play compared with Bent, now on the subject of Bent I want to know what the heck is going through his mind, very disappointed with his so called come back.

I thought that matey, he looked ok against orient but it really showed that he is 100% one dimensional, offers nothing really other than running onto through balls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Green Villan wrote:

America waking up now, come on give us all the news were waiting for. please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Come on takeover, Popcorn
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:07 pm

Green Villan wrote:Come on takeover, Popcorn

3 points against the scouse, then announcement after the game about takeover, focking hell I'd be getting into a bad way satday night Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:14 pm

jimbop wrote:

3 points against the scouse, then announcement after the game about takeover, focking hell I'd be getting into a bad way satday night Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink

Haha don't you know it mate Very Happy If that is the scenario I will donate £100 to the save Jack Grealish's legs fund.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:16 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:I see Hull are now up for sale. Spurs are wanted by some American company, and iv'e also read something about Newcastle wanting 230 Mill to sell up

Is that good or bad for us ?
Hull have been for sale for 5 months according to the reports last night...he has only announced it now.

Looks like FFP really is affecting potential suitors.

The Spurs sale I don't see - £1B for the club (apparently) and £400m for the stadium - all for a club which hasn't qualified for the CL for 4 years now, hasn't come within 17 points of the title. London is a saturated market and anyone coming in would need to spend hundreds of millions to overcome Arsenal and Chelsea.

Whereas Villa don't need a new stadium, aren't in a saturated market, and have a huge history to play on. I know the whole "London" thing is appealing but is it appealing enough to drop over £1.4B on a club before transfers etc?

It isnt about the money for the club, asking price isnt an issue, its what you can do with it when youve bought it that is the issue, Cant plough money into the playing side anymore due to FFP, Spurs are a top 6 club with an already good squad that will generate far more income than Villa today. Wouldnt need to invest as heavily in the playing side and could do it within FFP rules, unlike Villa. Villa may have a great tradition, history etc which would appeal to buyers....but the sad reality is it means not a lot going foreword in the financial restrictions today.

Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Green Villan wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Haha don't you know it mate Very Happy If that is the scenario I will donate £100 to the save Jack Grealish's legs fund.

ha ha, love it

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Olof Mellberg wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:I see Hull are now up for sale. Spurs are wanted by some American company, and iv'e also read something about Newcastle wanting 230 Mill to sell up

Is that good or bad for us ?
Hull have been for sale for 5 months according to the reports last night...he has only announced it now.

Looks like FFP really is affecting potential suitors.

The Spurs sale I don't see - £1B for the club (apparently) and £400m for the stadium - all for a club which hasn't qualified for the CL for 4 years now, hasn't come within 17 points of the title. London is a saturated market and anyone coming in would need to spend hundreds of millions to overcome Arsenal and Chelsea.

Whereas Villa don't need a new stadium, aren't in a saturated market, and have a huge history to play on. I know the whole "London" thing is appealing but is it appealing enough to drop over £1.4B on a club before transfers etc?

It isnt about the money for the club, asking price isnt an issue, its what you can do with it when youve bought it that is the issue, Cant plough money into the playing side anymore due to FFP, Spurs are a top 6 club with an already good squad that will generate far more income than Villa today. Wouldnt need to invest as heavily in the playing side and could do it within FFP rules, unlike Villa. Villa may have a great tradition, history etc which would appeal to buyers....but the sad reality is it means not a lot going foreword in the financial restrictions today.

That could be looked at in a slightly different manner i.e. six premier league clubs for sale( Villa, Hull, Southampton, Newcastle, Everton and Spurs), maybe the premier league bubble has burst? How many clubs actually make profits and if so how much? Add to that what happened with Fulham then why would you want to buy a club unless they're in the top 4 because thanks to FFP it's impossible to compete with the elite.

Keyser Soze

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:27 pm

FFP is already getting re-written because it is virtually an illegal policy. I quite look forward to the day when it goes altogether, because while it may be portrayed as something that looks after the smaller clubs, it is essentially nothing other than maintaining the status quo for those at the top, and making a bit of cash for UEFA.

It is an issue, but long term it won't be. It's just typical that the window is while we are looking for a buyer. I really hope this doesn't become yet another 'what if' moment for us.

On the plus side, in the unlikely event that we do get bought any time soon, that quite possibly means that whoever it is, is stinkin' rich. In which case, well, cool.

Last edited by kimbo on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I put 'fro' when I meant 'for'. Might not seem like a big deal but it matters to me, okay? IT MATTERS TO ME!)
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:29 pm

kimbo wrote:FFP is already getting re-written because it is virtually an illegal policy. I quite look forward to the day when it goes altogether, because while it may be portrayed as something that looks after the smaller clubs, it is essentially nothing other than maintaining the status quo fro those at the top, and making a bit of cash for UEFA.

It is an issue, but long term it won't be. It's just typical that the window is while we are looking for a buyer. I really hope this doesn't become yet another 'what if' moment for us.

On the plus side, in the unlikely event that we do get bought any time soon, that quite possibly means that whoever it is, is stinkin' rich. In which case, well, cool.

Good post mate, I can't wait for FFP to be scrapped, talk about handicapping.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Green Villan wrote:
kimbo wrote:FFP is already getting re-written because it is virtually an illegal policy. I quite look forward to the day when it goes altogether, because while it may be portrayed as something that looks after the smaller clubs, it is essentially nothing other than maintaining the status quo fro those at the top, and making a bit of cash for UEFA.

As always it's UEFA looking after the long established top clubs in Europe, they've even tried to stop Man City and PSG from joining the privileged elite clubs. Rich man's rules, and they are so transparently protectionist they will not survive a serious legal challenge in their current form.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 36 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Green Villan wrote:

Whos challenging FFP though? Nobody, not one team in football is IMO... From where I am the big clubs are adhereing to it, City have lowered their spending, PSG pulled out of a Di Maria deal as couldnt afford it within the FFP rules, Man Utd put the Falcao deal through as a loan the first year in order to not break FFP... I dont see anybody challenging the ruling....

IF it goes, then and only then will the clubs outside the European usual qualifiers become more attractive, and only once its gone... and if nobody challenges FFP, then its not going for a long while...
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Kakacroom wrote:I asked matt law about any takeover and he said just rumours he heard but couldn't confirm the ego quizzed his aswell

Yep, he was a little cagey. Not sure if that's because he knows something, or just hesitant as he went with the original story of US interest that didn't amount to anything.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Olof Mellberg wrote:
Green Villan wrote:

Whos challenging FFP though? Nobody, not one team in football is IMO... From where I am the big clubs are adhereing to it, City have lowered their spending, PSG pulled out of a Di Maria deal as couldnt afford it within the FFP rules, Man Utd put the Falcao deal through as a loan the first year in order to not break FFP... I dont see anybody challenging the ruling....

IF it goes, then and only then will the clubs outside the European usual qualifiers become more attractive, and only once its gone... and if nobody challenges FFP, then its not going for a long while...
The challenge would probably need to be in the form of a legal Tort. A Tort is a legal wrong for which the law provides remedy, and action is often taken as a group of wronged complainants. If QPR were to get together with enough clubs who feel that they too are being legally wronged by FFP, then a Tort action could well put the fear of God into UEFA!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:03 pm

FFP won't be challenged by one of the top clubs as it protects their position, it'll only be challenged if a City-type situation happens and a small club is bought by a crazy billionaire
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next