The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:34 pm

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/03/25/from-man-utd-at-1bn-to-wigan-at-42m-whats-your-club-really-worth-250102/

There it is.

I appreciate it's 2 years old but no way have Spurs more than doubled in value. No way.

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 Markham-table-1-values

Last edited by Trotters on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by viva_la_amo Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:34 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:I'm still as confused as to why interest in Spurs had to be declared. I thought they were privately owner liked Villa.

Anybody? I've tried google but can find any answers.
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Who said it had to be declared?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Trotters wrote:
B62 Villa wrote:Spurs are a far more attractive proposition than us I'm afraid, they won't be sold for £1bn it will be near £700m, they have a rich history, are in London, big support base, moving to a 57k all seated state of the art stadium, could be at wembley til they move, much better playing staff and manager, and most importantly they can challenge for CL and still comply with FFP, which means their financial growth will continue. We can't offer the same prospects, yes the asking price reflects this, but the massive stumbling blocks are they are in London, Europe and have a far better squad and gaffer than us, this is why we aren't IMHO anywhere near being sold.

£700m? Where's that number come from?

Didn't some analyst come out with a list last year that out Villa around £100m, Man Utd at £1bn and Spurs somewhere in between?

No way Tottingham Hyper-Spurt is worth close to £700m.

Just like the LA Clippers arent worth $2 Billion that they were sold for.

I believe Tottenhams price is pushed upwards simply because FFP works in their favour, as Tottenham are one of few clubs that under the financial restrictions in place today that could still spend and become a CL contender. Very few clubs outside the big UEFA protected clubs could do that, which makes Spurs more attractive and buyers would probably pay more. The gap between the European clubs and everyone else keeps getting bigger, and the Spurs reported asking price is just another example.
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Trotters
That figure has come from the rumours surrounding how much Cain Hoy are potentially willing to pay, yes it's only rumours from media outlets but that is the figure ( roughly ) that is being bandied about.
The club is worth what ever the buyer wants to pay, hence Spurs( joe Lewis) has put a stupid figure on the club, knowing he would take about 3/4 of that price. You cannot under estimate the London factor, as much as I hate it , that's all foreign investment want, Man Utd are a different entity as are Liverplop due to their history, City were just really lucky and I don't see that scenario happening again, TBF I think someone like West Ham could be another that sees a big buy out, especially once they move into the Olympic Stadium
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:48 pm

Fair point about the Clippers.

And "probably pay more" is also a fair comment but would anyone really consider them when they could get Villa at a fraction of the price? If the rumoured $1 Billion is anywhere close to being correct, then someone could buy Villa for 1/8th the price for a product that 5/8ths as good.

Spurs have done fuck all for years and they'll still be pretty restricted by FFP, I'd imagine. Certainly enough that a billion dollars plus investment won't be easy to recoup in a hurry.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Hull are for sale because the owner is throwing his toys out of the pram regarding the name change. He said he will give the club away for nothing if he doesn't get his own way. Also, for Hull, Cup finalists and increased international awareness big investment in the squad last transfer window, as an owner possibly never been a better time to sell. I doubt any buyer would see them as a better investment than Villa, only on price and if you are from Hull.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Trotters
I agree on paper it looks madness, especially as we were direct rivals not too long ago, it shows how far we have fallen. But besides PDC/some of the Mods on here, there is no information regards any takeover, everybody that is asked all state the same, there is NO takeover, Nothing is close , and these are people that are close to the club in various forms. The info from PDC is greatly received , but I don't know him, I believe HE believes his source, but I don't know who that is, so I have to go with the greater evidence, which unfortunately points to NO takeover in the near to mid future.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:02 pm

There has been one person that's a big part of the club that's said there's a deal on. Not just PDC. Whether he's been told the truth of the matter, I don't know.

I was just wondering - considering how quickly a potential investor has come out of the woodwork to look at Spurs - if old Doug put some kind of legacy conditions in place for when Randy sells that have made it difficult to sell. Or, perhaps, Randy has been putting his own set of conditions on (limits on naming rights, guarantee of minimum spend, Lambert to stay, etc) that have been difficult for an investor to swallow.

Just throwing it out there.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Trotters wrote:Who said it had to be declared?

It says on the sky sports app. I'm trying to find the equivalent website so I can post the link.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Trotters
I must have missed it, who is the person at Villa that says a deal is on??
I don't think Deadly Doug has scupperd any sales, I think it's all down to the poor ownership and mismanagement under the Lerner regime.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:18 pm

This part:

Cain Hoy has until 10 October to firm up its interest or withdraw it, in accordance with the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Olof Mellberg wrote:
kimbo wrote:
Olof Mellberg wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:I find it hard to fathom how people would be bidding for Spurs while leaving a massive club like ours on the shelf? where's the logic? lets say you buy spurs for 400m or around that mark...do you really think the price is gonna get much higher than that in the years to come? there's more profit in buying a club like ours as we've already got a stadium, training facilities etc in place...but i guess it's a london thing.

I'm hoping a top 10 finish this year will flush out potential buyers..all in all though it's not turned out the way i was hoping it would back in the summer...just so many false dawns.

London factor aside they are a few big players short of being genuine title challengers. We need a whole new squad just to break top 6.

One thing I don't understand is why did this group that are interested have to declare their interest due to a business code? Are Spurs a listed company?

Don't agree. They had Bale and what did they win? didn't even get top 4. Unless investors come in and spend like City i don't see what difference it will make..at least with us someone can come in a build slowly without any massive expectations.

Why would they want to build slowly? Spurs are unfortunately way ahead of Villa in terms of the playing side, they get European football every year, they have a good deep squad not brilliant but with a a few big signings which they would be able to get under FFP rules due to their generated income, they are a champions league contender, maybe not title contender but CL contender.

Aston Villa has everything going for it, except the current playing staff, which is the thing that needs major investment which isnt possible under FFP as they are too far behind, and way off European football, hence why nobody wants it IMO, If your a billionaire wanting a project you dont want a glass ceiling which Villa has under FFP, you want to be able to get your team Qualifying for a top 4 spot every year or at least capable of that, you can with Tottenham under FFP, you cant with Aston Villa today.

As I said earlier, Its not the asking price thats the issue, its what you can do with the club once its bought within the restrictions in place today that is...

Very few teams under FFP are attractive, only the established European contenders are, hence why even at £1 Billion, it has reported interest...

'Olof', are you Sutton Paul on VT?

No im not, just a realist.

What I say above is common sense IMO, I dont see what the appeal of Villa is unless your a Villa fan with an emotional attachment to the club as to why you would buy it, sorry if my opinion goes against the grain, just cant do a great deal with it currently... Tottenham you could as they are already on a much higher level playing staff wise which is the one thing FFP restricts you on, everything else you can spend £££ on freely to improve going forewords...

People say FFP will not last, I dont know whether it will or it wont, but once its gone, and only once it has been removed, or the restrictions lessened on spending per say  will clubs in our position become more attractive to buy in the PL.

I wasn't having a dig. I just remember scanning their takeover thread a few months ago and your frequent posts of FFP reminded me of him. I can't be sure I even have the user name correct...! It was in no way anything more malicious than curiosity through similarity, I assure you.

For the record I sort of agree, although I think it's more grey than black and white, and personally I certainly think our playing staff isn't as bad as many make out and doesn't need anywhere near the amount of money that people have suggested - well, to get to the level of the aforementioned Spurs anyway, not Chelsea/Man City - and would arguably improve with a better manager so even without any extra playing stuff we would be closer to them, but that's a whole other conversation or two.

Last edited by kimbo on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Sutton Paul is an FFP spokesperson.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:51 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:This part:

Cain Hoy has until 10 October to firm up its interest or withdraw it, in accordance with the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers.

I don't know (and, frankly, can't be arsed finding out) if Joe Lewis privately owns Spuds in full or if it's part of a company he owns but going by that statement above, I'd suggest that at least some ordinary shares are still owned by people other than him. As such, it's a public share offering rather than a private arrangement so Cain Hoy have to either make a firm bid or fuck off.

There endeth my knowledge of corporate takeovers and it could be entirely wrong.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:53 pm

B62 Villa wrote:Trotters
I must have missed it, who is the person at Villa that says a deal is on??

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:25 pm

Trotters wrote:

I don't know (and, frankly, can't be arsed finding out) if Joe Lewis privately owns Spuds in full or if it's part of a company he owns but going by that statement above, I'd suggest that at least some ordinary shares are still owned by people other than him. As such, it's a public share offering rather than a private arrangement so Cain Hoy have to either make a firm bid or fuck off.

There endeth my knowledge of corporate takeovers and it could be entirely wrong.

Fair enough. Obviously I'm only interested if this code would affect Villa and a potential takeover. Anybody know?
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:47 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Fair enough.  Obviously I'm only interested if this code would affect Villa and a potential takeover. Anybody know?

No it wouldn't effect Villa as we are privately owned, so no obligations to the 'City' or Stock Exchange
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Nobody.

But Spurs did turn around yesterday saying that they are looking for outside investment for redeveloping their ground and that any talk about a buy out is pure bollocks and not on the agenda, so i am bewildered why they are being discussed here. They are not up for sale!!
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:50 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:Sutton Paul is an FFP spokesperson.

He created it Laughing
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:01 pm

My Old Man wrote:

Nobody.

But Spurs did turn around yesterday saying that they are looking for outside investment for redeveloping their ground and that any talk about a buy out is pure bollocks and not on the agenda, so i am bewildered why they are being discussed here. They are not up for sale!!

Just because they're not selling, doesn't mean someone can't declare an interest, which is what has happened. With respect its not pure BS as there's been an official statement from the interested party to the Stock Exchange and as it says, its no guarantee it will lead to an offer, but there's definite interest.

The second part is however correct, it has no bearing on Villa in any form, so lets's talk about spurs on another thread if we must. If it's linked in anyway i.e Are we subject to any Stock Exchange announcements then fair enough. Cheers guys Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Chatbox open right the way through until final whistle of our game. Fill ya boots

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:21 pm

TheEgo wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

Nobody.

Just because they're not selling, doesn't mean someone can't declare an interest, which is what has happened. With respect its not pure BS as there's been an official statement from the interested party to the Stock Exchange and as it says, its no guarantee it will lead to an offer, but there's definite interest.

The second part is however correct, it has no bearing on Villa in any form, so lets's talk about spurs on another thread if we must. If it's linked in anyway i.e Are we subject to any Stock Exchange announcements then fair enough. Cheers guys Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 39 3769219917

There will be interest in 98% of Premiership clubs if the price is right. I think people are just using this Spurs stuff to just say that we will now have no interest in us, which Lerner said over a month ago that their was interest in us, so how far has that gone?

I can understand the frustration because we want to see our club starting to compete again and fed up of the dross of the last few years, but we will have new owners rather sooner than later imo. For Fox not to have done an interview with the local media is a tad strange when you consider you need to build bridges to go forward.

Seems the club want to keep questions from the media away from the running or future running of the club, why?

As for Spurs, sod them :wanker:
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trezzy Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:25 pm

where is Lamberts pre match presser?
Trezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next