The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+113
Jae1411
kimbo
BournVilla
MadVillan
goose76
Jim
nitrogen
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
De Kuip
danclare82
jamavfc1
carvillan_1
John2710
Fpuppys
andrew24561
Mytitsarebigger
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
B62 Villa
jimmygreaves
AstonThriller
supermon
JCH
Mortimer1982
pcfbavfcoman
Mooseman
phil__
Olofalot
The Utterer
AVit
Wookster
Alpe_DHuez
USVillan
Nightwing
W1ttm4nn
bazzah
Hols
VillaBill
Trezzy
Allthaidup
MinnyVilla
The.slow.divide
GhostDad
The Great white walnut
South London Villan
GaryBerry
villashrew
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
DR Peters
Poseidon
Mazrim
Tomy-Flemba
viva_la_amo
Classof13
KMitch
AVFClee
Keyser Soze
Villa.Lion
New Yorke
Billy Walker
whiteensign
TED
Morpheus
LVBrit
tbarrules
Kakacroom
Macca68
Voice of reason
mini_ beest
omariqy
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
ejs1111
upthevilla76
zxc
UnclePanda
Wigteke
Steveallen79
Withes Sweatbands
Dek of Villa
Olof Mellberg
bruka
CTVillan
HarryAVFC
Villarocks666
Jimmycarr
UrmstonVilla
roba19
villabromsgrove
jeffvilla
gdav
GadgetMan
lukevilla
TheLeftSide
thinlizzy
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Malandro
VTID85
R1chuk
holtehero
Stratfordvilla
heystally!
Andyh
DN1982
Villa jimmy
Morgan Villa
Heisenberg
banneruk
Villa_Dan
Denis_B
My Old Man
117 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:It's possible for sellers to prepare due diligence packs in advance of any offers to speed up the process - the buyer then just asks for anything additional to the pack without having to get his solicitors and accountants to trawl through the company

So it would be done without anyone knowing outside the Parties involved?

If (and I've no evidence to say he has) Lerner has done this, I'd expect those in the know would be Russell and BOAML. And obviously anyone in receipt of the pack

I think the other thing to remember is that when Ellis sold the club was accountable to its shareholders hence why we were getting informed on the process. Lerner is the clubs sole shareholder, he does not have to say anything to anyone.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Denis_B Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:30 pm

Dan, I KNOW I am no more credible than anyone else - thats the wonders of t'internet - take you choice HOWEVER due diligence does not mean looking in a glossy brochure for a few minutes it involves a forensic examination of the accounts and the business as a whole. Not a job anyone would leave to a seller to prepare.

Have you ever bought a house? Would you trust the vendor to do the survey for you?
Denis_B
Denis_B

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Denis_B wrote:Dan, I KNOW I am no more credible than anyone else - thats the wonders of t'internet - take you choice HOWEVER due diligence does not mean looking in a glossy brochure for a few minutes it involves a forensic examination of the accounts and the business as a whole. Not a job anyone would leave to a seller to prepare.

Have you ever bought a house? Would you trust the vendor to do the survey for you?

Fair point, no I wouldn't. Out of interest, have you bought or sold a company before? Or been involved in due diligence? It's not something I've had much exposure to other than speaking to a few finance professionals here and there.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Not a business man - if I was I would have bought the club off Ellis LOL!
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:48 pm

Have a read of this guys. For the City takeover due diligence started after sheikh mansour had brought the club and Robinho.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/sep/01/manchestercity.premierleague
banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Denis_B wrote:Pulis has just signed Kelly form Liverplop for £3m - doesn't look like he is going.

Secondly there have been enquiries about Villa but there has been NO due diligence, no one has got near that yet and not on the horizon.

Someone is playing poker with Lerner and wants t osee him blink first.

NO due diligence ?
Really  , are you sure on that Denis Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Ok Eastie, if you know something now it is time to speak Suspect   I can't stand this sh.t anymore... Crying or Very sad 
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:59 pm

We have told you what we have heard , now it's a waiting game for all of us.......

Sweeping statements that there have been no due diligence are open to question - Denis stated it as fact rather than opinion - I would strongly question that statement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:01 pm

Many people are of the opinion something big is happening behind the scenes- hopefully we will see if they are correct pretty soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 pm

I really HOPE I am wrong - IF (the BIG IF) I am wrong there is still nothing near - I am only repeating what I have been told, like others on here.

Like all the rest it is posted with good intent - you don't HAVe to believe anything I or anyone else says but there is NO evidence of anything BIG happening
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:09 pm

Eastie wrote:Many people are of the opinion something big is happening behind the scenes- hopefully we will see if they are correct pretty soon.

Something is different like i said in my post, a total change of policy by the club again.  We only want Young and hungry.  We only want Premier ship experience and no lng term contracts. We are signing players on four year contracts. We have gone from league one players to Fulham freebies to players with a bit more quality, something has changed from when we signed Richardson, Senderos amd Cole to sgning cissokoho to some it does not look a big diiference but to me it is.
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:14 pm

Denis_B wrote:I really HOPE I am wrong - IF (the BIG IF) I am wrong there is still nothing near - I am only repeating what I have been told, like others on here.

Like all the rest it is posted with good intent - you don't HAVe to believe anything I or anyone else says but there is NO evidence of anything BIG happening

Not doubting your integrity mate - we will wait and see , we cannot do anything other than that for the time being.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:31 pm

@GaryLineker: Seems that Tony Pulis is walking away from Crystal Palace. Extraordinary turn of events just 2 days before the start of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa jimmy Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Eastie wrote:@GaryLineker: Seems that Tony Pulis is walking away from Crystal Palace. Extraordinary turn of events just 2 days before the start of the season.

Seems he is unhappy with the palace transfer policy! He would be screwed with ours!
Villa jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Tapped up by another club?

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:52 pm

People saying get Pulis in seem to have forgotten the dross he played at Stoke! Lamberts style hasn't been anywhere as bad as what Stoke fans put up with!! I hope there is something big happening as I'm get less and less confident of Delph or Vlaar signing otherwise
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:00 pm

But Stoke were never in the releagation troubles we have had for years!
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:01 pm

I'd take Pulis over lambert in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't have said that 2 years ago which just shows how that fucker has ground me (and others) down.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:14 pm

I'd take Pulis over Lambert but I'd rather we had a non-shit manager who didn't play hoof ball.
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Get a bet on Pullis to leave Palace. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:19 pm

I'd take pulis over lambert too - but there are very few I wouldn't take over lambert .

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:44 pm

McLeish?
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:01 pm

He is one of the few!
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Pulls gone

Post by Stratfordvilla Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:18 pm

I'd have him. Organised and motivated teams. Rubbish football, but we are used to that
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:24 pm

He has left palace according to bbc sport
holtehero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next