The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Olof Mellberg Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:FFP won't be challenged by one of the top clubs as it protects their position, it'll only be challenged if a City-type situation happens and a small club is bought by a crazy billionaire

Exactly, and I just dont see that happening again, it would be too much ''work'' and no ''instant gratification'' not to mention all the legal battles, one billionaire taking on UEFA, with no guarantee of winning, all that would just put people off IMO, which is why so many clubs are either for sale or ''unofficially'' looking for buyers.
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by kimbo Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm not going to get into a big debate but to be honest, there was no point in teams like City & PSG going against it in the short-term, it would have done them more harm than good. But PSG have already questioned the legalities of it, albeit without doing anything official, and consequently I believe that long-term it will be challenged or at least given a significant overhaul.
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:25 pm

That's why I said it would need to be a group action. Tort action groups worry even the biggest multi national companies.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:27 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:That's why I said it would need to be a group action. Tort action groups worry even the biggest multi national companies.

Maybe someone needs to start networking with the smaller clubs to bring about something.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:29 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Green Villan wrote:
kimbo wrote:FFP is already getting re-written because it is virtually an illegal policy. I quite look forward to the day when it goes altogether, because while it may be portrayed as something that looks after the smaller clubs, it is essentially nothing other than maintaining the status quo fro those at the top, and making a bit of cash for UEFA.

It is an issue, but long term it won't be. It's just typical that the window is while we are looking for a buyer. I really hope this doesn't become yet another 'what if' moment for us.

On the plus side, in the unlikely event that we do get bought any time soon, that quite possibly means that whoever it is, is stinkin' rich. In which case, well, cool.

Good post mate, I can't wait for FFP to be scrapped, talk about handicapping.
As always it's UEFA looking after the long established top clubs in Europe, they've even tried to stop Man City and PSG from joining the privileged elite clubs. Rich man's rules, and they are so transparently protectionist they will not survive a serious legal challenge in their current form.

I wouldn't say they tried to stop man city and PSG. In fact I'd say the complete opposite - they bend their own rules for personal gain. Ultimately, city, PSG and Chelsea or Barcelona for that matter won't suffer as a result of FFP rules or sanctions placed. If you have financial muscle then you buy your seat at the top table - some things uefa quite readily welcome...
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Well I see Tom Fox didn't the the unveiling Doogan suggested he would pre Liverpool...
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:34 pm

bazzah wrote:Well I see Tom Fox didn't the the unveiling Doogan suggested he would pre Liverpool...

To be honest I couldn't care about a ticker tape parade type of thing for his unveiling I just want him to come in and get on with the job, I'm tired of media whores.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:41 pm

bazzah wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Green Villan wrote:
kimbo wrote:FFP is already getting re-written because it is virtually an illegal policy. I quite look forward to the day when it goes altogether, because while it may be portrayed as something that looks after the smaller clubs, it is essentially nothing other than maintaining the status quo fro those at the top, and making a bit of cash for UEFA.

It is an issue, but long term it won't be. It's just typical that the window is while we are looking for a buyer. I really hope this doesn't become yet another 'what if' moment for us.

On the plus side, in the unlikely event that we do get bought any time soon, that quite possibly means that whoever it is, is stinkin' rich. In which case, well, cool.

Good post mate, I can't wait for FFP to be scrapped, talk about handicapping.
As always it's UEFA looking after the long established top clubs in Europe, they've even tried to stop Man City and PSG from joining the privileged elite clubs. Rich man's rules, and they are so transparently protectionist they will not survive a serious legal challenge in their current form.

I wouldn't say they tried to stop man city and PSG. In fact I'd say the complete opposite - they bend their own rules for personal gain. Ultimately, city, PSG and Chelsea or Barcelona for that matter won't suffer as a result of FFP rules or sanctions placed. If you have financial muscle then you buy your seat at the top table - some things uefa quite readily welcome...

I think it's somewhere in the middle of all that. But then I have said before on here and elsewhere - if any new owner wants to come and buy us, and they are rich enough, UEFA will let us have a play.

Which is why I don't believe FFP is the issue that some people make out; it IS relevant, but while I live in hope (and can see why certain theories in the past have made people sit up and think) the truth is that, hand on heart, I just don't believe that there is that much interest; and in particular, the real issue is probably that there is not any interest from people rich enough to make a real difference.

That said, I will gladly be proven wrong. I've never once mocked the mods here over their takeover belief - and in fact have defended them to those that have tried - and while it's partly because I believe it's genuinely in good faith, I just think a large part of it is because I so very much want them to be right! :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:42 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:I asked matt law about any takeover and he said just rumours he heard but couldn't confirm the ego quizzed his aswell

Yep, he was a little cagey. Not sure if that's because he knows something, or just hesitant as he went with the original story of US interest that didn't amount to anything.

If Matts heard rumors, maybe there is something brewing beneath the surface and something is happening after all, granted could still be a long way off, but where there is smoke, their is a fire somewhere Very Happy
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:17 pm

It was matt law who brom the initial takeover rumours 6+ months ago, since then it seems that he was right with his info at the time, a takeover was on but never come to fruition for multiple reasons, since then randy has been looking for a buyer but.....

With hull (nuthob chairman) stating they are up for sale & Newcastle & Everton being up for sale too, there is clearly no value in taking over a club that is not in London
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Jim wrote:It was matt law who brom the initial takeover rumours 6+ months ago, since then it seems that he was right with his info at the time, a takeover was on but never come to fruition for multiple reasons, since then randy has been looking for a buyer but.....

With hull (nuthob chairman) stating they are up for sale & Newcastle & Everton being up for sale too, there is clearly no value in taking over a club that is not in London

Mike ashley had come out today and said Newcastle aren't for sale until the end of next season at the very earliest so all this talk of Newcastle being up for sale is wrong .. and Everton too in my opinion .....
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Tottenham and Newcastle are not for sale, well officially at least. Spurs have said there is no truth in the rumours about an American buyout and has said that negotiations were only about attracting investment for re-development of White Heart Lane.

Ashley has also denied selling his stake at Newcastle for Rangers, and re-affirmed that his commitment is to Newcastle only.

Scratch them two from the list of clubs looking for new owners.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Well it's the glorious twelth and sweet FA
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:52 pm

My Old Man wrote:Tottenham and Newcastle are not for sale, well officially at least. Spurs have said there is no truth in the rumours about an American buyout and has said that negotiations were only about attracting investment for re-development of White Heart Lane.

Ashley has also denied selling his stake at Newcastle for Rangers, and re-affirmed that his commitment is to Newcastle only.

Was just reading an article from those barcode barstewards, didn't take them long to insult Villa fans, bunch of idiots.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Denis_B wrote:Well it's the glorious twelth and sweet FA

come for another moan and go at the forum, your just like a Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 Shit-emoticon that won't flush.

Seriously some people just need to get a life. Very Happy
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:06 pm

I have come round to the fact that a takeover is not going to happen anytime soon. Most of our signings have been on the free, so this can not be a deciding factor. I understand that we will always have rumours but there has been nothing concrete, not even a name. PDC has really gone out on a limb to bring us the news but I just can not see it happen. I keep asking myself that if I were buying villa I would have allowed the manager to spend a decent amount of money, what can he possibly gain from waiting until September?
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Have we heard from Tom Fox at all? I thought he was supposed to at least be unveiled or do an interview before the Liverpool game, which would have answered a few questions where we are takeover wise.
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:07 pm

I think Tom Fox has changed his mind lol.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Green Villan wrote:
My Old Man wrote:Tottenham and Newcastle are not for sale, well officially at least. Spurs have said there is no truth in the rumours about an American buyout and has said that negotiations were only about attracting investment for re-development of White Heart Lane.

Was just reading an article from those barcode barstewards, didn't take them long to insult Villa fans, bunch of idiots.

Thickest bunch of neandathal dwarfs on the planet. They make Small Heathens sound like Dons Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 1420239857
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Olof Mellberg wrote:Have we heard from Tom Fox at all? I thought he was supposed to at least be unveiled or do an interview before the Liverpool game, which would have answered a few questions where we are takeover wise.

Is it really that important that he does or he doesn't? the main thing is that he's focused on his job and cracking on.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:18 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I think Tom Fox has changed his mind lol.

Or he is keeping a low profile in case he lets something slip in the presser. Imagine it, almost all of the questions will be those that the club will want to keep away from. I think it indicates they have a secret they are hiding, otherwise why keep out of the limelight?

Have any of the locaL media met him yet?

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:23 pm

Green Villan wrote:
Olof Mellberg wrote:Have we heard from Tom Fox at all? I thought he was supposed to at least be unveiled or do an interview before the Liverpool game, which would have answered a few questions where we are takeover wise.

Is it really that important that he does or he doesn't? the main thing is that he's focused on his job and cracking on.

Im not saying it is, but We was told he would be, It just arouses my curiosity that we was told he would be.......but then......didnt....
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Denis_B wrote:Well it's the glorious twelth and sweet FA

The 12th was mentioned as Tom Fox's potential start date, that was all.

If you're going to have a pathetic dig at people, at least base it on something factual.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:28 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:I think Tom Fox has changed his mind lol.

Or he is keeping a low profile in case he lets something slip in the presser. Imagine it, almost all of the questions will be those that the club will want to keep away from. I think it indicates they have a secret they are hiding, otherwise why keep out of the limelight?

Have any of the locaL media met him yet?

Nothing in any media at all, nothing in any local media. I think this is a tadge strange. No statement, nothing. It is like he has locked himself away from everything.

Last edited by PDC Lion on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Olof Mellberg wrote:
Green Villan wrote:

Im not saying it is, but We was told he would be, It just arouses my curiosity that we was told he would be.......but then......didnt....

I'm not too bothered about it to be honest bud, just seems very Villa.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next