The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 Danbachman-up-a-creek-without-a-paddle

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Mooseman Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Longboy wrote:
VillaBill wrote:
Mooseman wrote:Me personally will go and support the team but will not buy anything in the ground until takeover is done and dusted, love villa hate Lerner!UTV

The chips are shite anyway  Sad 

I won't even do that, not going to spend a penny at that place until we get some sensible leadership (on or off the pitch)!

The scary thing is 2 years on there are people looking at CNZ and Mutton with fresh eyes as if they are the saviours of the club....£80 odd mill from the PL alone (ignoring the countless billions we get from Macron   silent) and them + the stellar signings of Senderdross and Cole and we are expected to "turn up and support the lads"?!?!

Nah balls to that, loyalty works both ways!
i respect your stand a lot of my mates say very much the same thing,but me I'm a sucker for punishment will go and support the villa and me money down the addies before and after the game!
Mooseman
Mooseman

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostDad Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Mooseman wrote:Me personally will go and support the team but will not buy anything in the ground until takeover is done and dusted, love villa hate Lerner!UTV
You'll be a stronger man than me then if you resist the allure of the Balti Pie.
GhostDad
GhostDad

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Green Villan wrote:
VillaBill wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:The lowest attendances for a league game for many years at home is all they can expect, and rightly so.

isn't this the time, the team needs as much support as possible , I don't think anyone is happy with how things have gone this summer and most of us realise it is going to be a long, long season , I don't go to a game to support the Chairman or the manager its the team , VTID ! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

I really couldn't give a shit if we got relegated, I REFUSE to pay Lerner any more of my money no matter it be 2p or £200 he will get nothing more from me!

Same here, i havent renewed my season ticket for the last 3 season and i wont get one this season, to me the hiring of McGash was the final straw, to go with all the cut backs, i may go to the odd game here or there, but thats will only be if i use my brothers season ticket as he's another mug that has renewed so i won't be costing me nothing. Very Happy 
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Mooseman wrote:
Longboy wrote:
VillaBill wrote:

The chips are shite anyway  Sad 

I won't even do that, not going to spend a penny at that place until we get some sensible leadership (on or off the pitch)!

The scary thing is 2 years on there are people looking at CNZ and Mutton with fresh eyes as if they are the saviours of the club....£80 odd mill from the PL alone (ignoring the countless billions we get from Macron   silent) and them + the stellar signings of Senderdross and Cole and we are expected to "turn up and support the lads"?!?!

Nah balls to that, loyalty works both ways!
i respect your stand a lot of my mates say very much the same thing,but me I'm a sucker for punishment will go and support the villa and me money down the addies before and after the game!

Fair play.

They dont deserve loyal fans like you. Me, ive not the liked the atmosphere down at Villa Park over the last few seasons. Started to feel like a them and us situation, a mere customer rather than a fan. I stopped mid season, but will continue to follow club away, where i feel a part of the club.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:54 pm

GhostDad wrote:
You'll be a stronger man than me then if you resist the allure of the Balti Pie.

Sod the Balti pies. You can buy the same things at Iceland,and they are cheaper 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooseman Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:57 pm

My Old Man wrote:
GhostDad wrote:

Sod the Balti pies. You can buy the same things at Iceland,and they are cheaper 8)
the balti pie will be hard to resist especially after 4 or 5 pints down the addies, lol
Mooseman
Mooseman

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Mooseman wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
GhostDad wrote:

the balti pie will be hard to resist especially after 4 or 5 pints down the addies, lol

Haha...i can vouch for that lol 8) 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostDad Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:05 pm

My Old Man wrote:
GhostDad wrote:

Well that maybe, but it means you have to go to Iceland which costs you a little of your soul.
GhostDad
GhostDad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:15 pm

It hurts me when i hear of Loyal supporters speaking in this way, and i guess it is a sign of how poor we have become.

I personally would find it hard if not impossible not to go! i have a ST and renewed at the first opportunity and i attend every home game in every competition. and i have been served shite!

I did 10 away games last year also and although the days as a social event were always quality, more often than not you have to endure a long coach journey home stewing in the alcohol you have drank!

Part of being a Fan of Aston Villa i guess!

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Loyalvillan wrote:It hurts me when i hear of Loyal supporters speaking in this way, and i guess it is a sign of how poor we have become.

I personally would find it hard if not impossible not to go! i have a ST and renewed at the first opportunity and i attend every home game in every competition. and i have been served shite!

I did 10 away games last year also and although the days as a social event were always quality, more often than not you have to endure a long coach journey home stewing in the alcohol you have drank!

You sir deserve a medal. I genuinely take my hat off to you. That is some commitment/investment. We/you deserve much much more than is currently on offer.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:42 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Loyalvillan wrote:It hurts me when i hear of Loyal supporters speaking in this way, and i guess it is a sign of how poor we have become.

You sir deserve a medal. I genuinely take my hat off to you. That is some commitment/investment. We/you deserve much much more than is currently on offer.

lol thanks for that, but i was not trying to get praise (although all is welcome!! Laughing ) i was trying to say that i would follow Villa be it in the EPL, Championship or conference! its in my blood as it is in many's, and we just cant let go no matter how painful it is!

AVFC - Is a way of life!

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Just a quick reminder to current and new members to check out the competition thread. https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/f15-competitions

There's a TBAR prediction league for the coming season with a GREAT prize, as well as TBAR Fantasy Football league. Go and have a look, Both take a just a few minutes to register and with the season edging closer you want to be set up and ready to go.

It  may come in handy for a little fun if/when things get tough this season. Plus you get to have bragging rights on the forum.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:49 pm

Loyalvillan wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

lol thanks for that, but i was not trying to get praise (although all is welcome!! Laughing ) i was trying to say that i would follow Villa be it in the EPL, Championship or conference! its in my blood as it is in many's, and we just cant let go no matter how painful it is!

AVFC - Is a way of life!

Absolutely mate, didn't think you were looking for it. That said our support has been great this far, to average 36k still with the utter dross on offer shows just how loyal we've been. I have to admit to going less and less now (more down to personal circumstances) however I'd struggle to muster up the enthusiasm this term. I still kick every ball whilst watching on a dodgy stream each week that I can't go. It's in the blood.

You didn't chose, you were chosen.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:58 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
Coseley Villa wrote:Paul Lambert does not have the Bottle or grace to quit which tells everyone of the weak and pathetic man he is ,he is only here for the Money and pay-off when he is finally sacked by which time it really hope its not to late because with him in charge there is only one thing coming this season

I hate this argument. He is not "weak" or "pathetic" for trying his best under the circumstances. Whether you like him or not, he has been given a brief from his manager and employer, and he has done all asked of him. If he walked as soon as it got difficult, that would be weak and pathetic. If he walked early despite knowing the situation, then Id be calling him worse that you did. I believe he is doing the job thats asked of him, regardless if your opinion is in agreement with it or not. Yes, Im sure his wages are a reason hes stayed in the job (Ill be honest, I dont particularly like my job, I am there for the money, am I weak and pathetic? And, yes, if I was offered more money to do the same job elsewhere, Id take it in a heartbeat) but I dont think its the be all and end all.

One thing is for certain, this season will be interesting!

S.P.O.T. O.N.

this forum (well this thread) has become very embarrassing the last few days.....glad to see there is still sense around.

Said it before, I'll say it again (as he has been mentioned on here recently)...O'Leary was right about a fair few fans.

I've heard everything on here from staying away, to organising a protest to not buying a shirt....from grown men for god's sake. fuckin grow up and stop bleatin!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Green Villan wrote:
VillaBill wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:The lowest attendances for a league game for many years at home is all they can expect, and rightly so.

isn't this the time, the team needs as much support as possible , I don't think anyone is happy with how things have gone this summer and most of us realise it is going to be a long, long season , I don't go to a game to support the Chairman or the manager its the team , VTID ! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

I really couldn't give a shit if we got relegated, I REFUSE to pay Lerner any more of my money no matter it be 2p or £200 he will get nothing more from me!

"I really couldn't give a shit if we got relegated"

just read that a few times.....unbelievable!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:07 pm

CoE82 wrote:
Green Villan wrote:
VillaBill wrote:

Same here, i havent renewed my season ticket for the last 3 season and i wont get one this season, to me the hiring of McGash was the final straw, to go with all the cut backs, i may go to the odd game here or there, but thats will only be if i use my brothers season ticket as he's another mug that has renewed so i won't be costing me nothing. Very Happy 

"he's another mug that has renewed "

charming....so any fan that continues to support their team no matter what...is a mug?....what does that make you then pal?

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Hey Mardy,

Just as you disagree with others, some may disagree with you. Let's not be like the club and try and gag people  8) there's a lot of unhappy fans right now and whilst there's levels of dissent, I think everyone should be entitled to air theirs.

That said I'm not sure any protests would work. It certainly won't bring a buyer out of the woodwork. Lerner appears not to give a damn, as he dwindles amongst his own.

*just noticed a couple of more posts, same applies for us all guys. Let's try and be tolerant of others views, even if we don't agree.

Last edited by TheEgo on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

I've renewed. My family has renewed. My missus even got convinced to buy her first season ticket and head to Stoke with me.

I've always held the view that I support the club and the team, not who owns us or manages us.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:14 pm

My personal view is that whether stay at home or go to VP it's a personal choice. There is no right or wrong, just choices.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:15 pm

I've already renewed my season ticket. I'll support the players for 90 mins and hope they can get 3 points although I hate most our players, I hate our manager and owner but I still love the match days, I love the fans I sit around at Villa Park, I still love AVFC, just hate most the people who are representing it.

Support them for 90 mins, then rip them apart on blogs after :)
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BournVilla Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
UnclePanda wrote:
Coseley Villa wrote:Paul Lambert does not have the Bottle or grace to quit which tells everyone of the weak and pathetic man he is ,he is only here for the Money and pay-off when he is finally sacked by which time it really hope its not to late because with him in charge there is only one thing coming this season

I hate this argument. He is not "weak" or "pathetic" for trying his best under the circumstances. Whether you like him or not, he has been given a brief from his manager and employer, and he has done all asked of him. If he walked as soon as it got difficult, that would be weak and pathetic. If he walked early despite knowing the situation, then Id be calling him worse that you did. I believe he is doing the job thats asked of him, regardless if your opinion is in agreement with it or not. Yes, Im sure his wages are a reason hes stayed in the job (Ill be honest, I dont particularly like my job, I am there for the money, am I weak and pathetic? And, yes, if I was offered more money to do the same job elsewhere, Id take it in a heartbeat) but I dont think its the be all and end all.

One thing is for certain, this season will be interesting!

S.P.O.T. O.N.

this forum (well this thread) has become very embarrassing the last few days.....glad to see there is still sense around.

Said it before, I'll say it again (as he has been mentioned on here recently)...O'Leary was right about a fair few fans.

I've heard everything on here from staying away, to organising a protest to not buying a shirt....from grown men for god's sake. fuckin grow up and stop bleatin!!!!

Football fans are fickle by default, we didn't need a spineless tosser like O'Leary to enlighten us.
Us fans support the club through thick and thin and if they want to criticise or "bleat" then so be it. They've earned the right to have their say. These last 4 years have been a stain on Aston Villa's history and it's all down to the incompetence of Randy Lerner. We are about to go into our 5th consecutive relegation battle on the trot. Happy about that are you? If not then don't pretend otherwise, and even more importantly don't have a go at fans who question the club. They've earned the right to "bleat".
BournVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Going to games to support the team because you care about the club; not going to games to make a statement to the owners because you care about the club.

We all have one thing in common, just different ideas about how to show it.

Now let's all share a drink...

...& cry into it.

Scarf Waving Beer Scarf Waving Drink 
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Fair play harry, my thinking is on the same line support the team and try not to think about the inept management
 Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:20 pm

Very well said DBH. Depressingly so haha!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next