The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:52 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:
Jimmycarr wrote:So any takeover news today or is the whole 1st Aug talk just another date?
Let me reiterate some of my previous posts into 1

NO ONE other than Lerner knows what is REALLY going on.
The club is poorly organised
The scouting is non existent
The football management is amongst the worst it has been in nearly 3 decades
The infrastructure at the club is more brittle than than sugar as is the spine of the team
We have no winners in our management, on the pitch, in the board room or in our commercial governance
The Lerner trust are running this show (for themselves)
The Lerner Trust are Venture Capitalists (without prejudice)
Randy Lerner is out of his depth
Mr Lerner has no passion for Aston Villa and what Aston Villa means
THERE IS NO TAKEOVER ANYWHERE IN THE OFFING
The manager has no idea about the football powerhouses in terms of finding players
We have a bunch of greedy, lazy, fat, lazy, money grabbing, lazy, never good enough for the top 10, lazy, players who don't care about anyone but themselves (only in it for money)
We need 8 to 10 players but most of the affordable players of the quality that we need have already moved
No one wants to come to us on £25k per week when the average (for the quality we need) is nearer £60k

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

And even those who hate us know it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2712959/Paul-Lambert-faces-chance-saloon-Aston-Villa-Roy-Keane-Joe-Cole-Co-help.html

What a load of crap!

just picked 2 of your pathetic rants..

"We have no winners in our management"...Lambert won champs league, keane won everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The manager has no idea about the football powerhouses in terms of finding players".....Christian Benteke, Jores Okore....for next to no money!!!

This is a peaceful forum....if it wasn't, I'd seriously like to tell you to go and boil yer head, we don't need or want 'fans' like you!!!!!

#muppet

Hes entitled to his view Mardy, and just because it differs from yours, it does not make him less a fan. He is feeling down beat about the club and although some points are wide of the mark, theirs not much to shout about at the moment with little prospect of things getting better.

Its his way of venting his spleen.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:56 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:We've added to the team which stayed up last year but are still going down according to some. I don't get it.

Im worried to be honest. I think we need more to stop myself worrying, and we need certain contracts sorted asap. I dont think we will go down, but Lerner needs to step up to the plate because its a risky policy he has undertaken.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:03 am

Villa_Dan wrote:We've added to the team which stayed up last year but are still going down according to some. I don't get it.

It's a team that lost 12 home games. It's a tea led my an awful manager. We've bought two plAyers that were relegated with Fulham, one of them Fulham didn't even want to keep inJanuary. And joe Cole already injured.i wouldn't say we' are stronger.teams like Stoke and Palace who we should be competing against are though. As long as Lambert is. In. Barge, we will never improve. How he duck did he manage to lose 12 home games and get the same amount of point in his second season then Mcliesh did I his first? Unbelibely bad
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:04 am

Ok so that's the 1st Aug ticked off the list, what's the new date now to cling to?
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:04 am

Excuse the spelling please and Duck = fuck :)
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:05 am

Jimmycarr wrote:Ok so that's the 1st Aug ticked off the list, what's the new date now to cling to?

Some time In 2015.
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:14 am

Even if we dont go down that dosent mean we have had a good season! Personaly think we will do better than last season but that is nothing to shout from the roof tops about!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:31 am

lukevilla wrote:Even if we dont go down that dosent mean we have had a good season! Personaly think we will do better than last season but that is nothing to shout from the roof tops about!

I did that predictor thing and hand us finishing 9th on 50 points, and i was being as bad to us has much as i could :twisted: 

In a way, playing all the top teams as we are twice, is a good thing since the games that follow are all winnable. Playing them early is also good because teams dont usually get up to full speed until around November, so its conceivable we could get lucky in one or two of them.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:49 am

We've added very little in quality. Who knows when we'll get Benteke back to full fitness. Will we keep our best defender? The midfield is kitten soft and we're very light on fullbacks.
Sorry, I don't really see how we've strengthened at all. We just haven't.

We're basically hoping that some phased out players can come back strong, that we can keep key players and keep them fit. Guzan, Benteke, Vlaar etc.
And in my opinion we still need to buy at least one, preferably two quality midfielders and at least one decent full back. Otherwise we're in for another dogfight and we might not scrape enough points together this time, much as it galls me to say it. I'm not saying we'll go down but we're flirting with the fates too much for a club this size.

Randy needs to spend some proper money or find a buyer who will, sharpish.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:56 am

Jimmycarr wrote:Ok so that's the 1st Aug ticked off the list, what's the new date now to cling to?

I'm thinking January 8th. Clearly this Aug 1st was a misunderstanding from our trusted ITK's as in America 1/8 is actually 8/1. January window is going to be fun Crying or Very sad 
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:21 am

I can't say I whole heartedly agree with Voice's post and there are plenty of easy arguments against it - a couple of which have been pointed out already.

However, I think his post is an indication that fans have now had a gutful of the club managing our expectations downwards season upon season and want the real Aston Villa to stand up.

So on that front, I understand his rant. And it was a good one! :)

I can sit hear and type out the positives and what we have to look forward to but even the positives have their foundations in sand because the club has a shocking reputation of fucking everything up massively. Even if we finished in 4th place I'd still be nervous as hell about next season because the wrong players would be sold or bombed out, the wrong decisions would be made about building for the future and the wrong appointments made.

We are a club in limbo and going nowhere. This club is like one of those grand old houses you see on one of those renovation shows on the the lifestyle channel - completely run down and knackered but with a few spots of encouragement here and there. The kind of place where some clever bastard comes in and turns it all around with seeming consummate ease. At the moment, Randy is just sweeping shit from one room to the other until the clever bastard comes in.

I forget what my point was now....

Something about not telling each other to fuck off, probably.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:59 am

Great post trotters and sooner or later the new owners will take over and do so. In the meantime we need to pull together and show what we are made of collectively. I like a good moan at times but have a firm belief life is what you make it and to influence the things in your control. Utv
Zidane

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:09 am

Well the the day we were all waiting for, august 1 has come and gone and surprise,surprise,surprise not even a smell of a takeover. The new season is now only 2 weeks away, a takeover just ain't going to happen folks. I think we will bring in 2 more players probably ki and Moses and that's it. It will be squeaky bottom time all season and next may we will be still dreaming of a messiah to bring us to the promised land of a top 6 finish
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:04 am

Cheer up thinlizzy those two would be good additions if okore can stay fit we will be more solid with more cutting edge all is not lost fella utv
Zidane

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:45 am

Zidane wrote:Cheer up thinlizzy those two would be good additions if okore can stay fit we will be more solid with more cutting edge all is not lost fella utv

Yea, your right, we need to be realistic and optimistic, I suppose I was dreaming of a takeover by a multi billionaire and all that nonsense. Realistically if Lambert and Keane can manage the players we have properly a top 12 finish is not beyond belief
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:00 am

River wrote:

I'm thinking January 8th. Clearly this Aug 1st was a misunderstanding from our trusted ITK's as in America 1/8 is actually 8/1. January window is going to be fun Crying or Very sad 

They don't do a lot of work in the States on 8th January due to the Elvis Day celebrations.
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Location : The Lost City: Time was on my side when I was running down the street it was so fine, fine, fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind, mind, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:10 am

Compare the feelings of most fans going into the new season.
All the hope, expectation and excitement for all those other clubs, and yet we will be going in totally depressed and dreading the worst.

Disinterested owner, shit manager, poor squad and the greatest hope and expectation is that we don't get relegated.

It absolutely fucking criminal that Aston Villa FC in in this state.

Last edited by Andyh on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:11 am

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 238524133 Realistically we are heading into the new season, with what we have, and that is a frightening thought. We are in a survival battle, which has already started.
We haven't added any quality to the team, only bringing in 3 free transfers, none of which get the juices flowing or fill me with confidence we will be any better than the last two disasterous campaigns, under this clueless regime.
There are very few positives coming out of B6, but plenty to be worried about. These are tough times, and without a takeover and heavy investment things will continue to get worse.
Let's pray that the youth in the squad step up to the challenge, and the players in the bomb squad can forgive and perform.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:32 am

Andyh wrote:Compare the feelings of most fans going into the new season.
All the hope, expectation and excitement for all those other clubs, and yet we will be going in totally depressed and dreading the worst.

Disinterested owner, shit manager, poor squad and the greatest hope and expectation is that we don't get relegated.

It absolutely fucking criminal that Aston Villa FC in in this state.

A sorry state of affairs indeed Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:35 am

Very sadly, I'm unable to disagree with any of the three contributions immediately above.
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Location : The Lost City: Time was on my side when I was running down the street it was so fine, fine, fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind, mind, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:41 am

Saw a description of Villa in the Daily mail that made me chuckle,
"On their day they can beat anyone(Arsenal away), but the next they look like they would be punching above their weight in the Championship"
I think far too much was made of our wins against the Gunners, City and Saints, they could and prob should turned out different, and those are bonus points, what counter acts those wins were the losses to nearly all our relegation rivals, even palace did the double over us.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:42 am

Zidane wrote:Cheer up thinlizzy those two would be good additions if okore can stay fit we will be more solid with more cutting edge all is not lost fella utv

They would be reasonable acquisitions. However, what's the betting we lose Vlaar and Delph, because that's what we do...one step forward and two back. I may be wrong here, but the reason they have took this long in sorting out a contract is because we have no intention of due to wage restrictions, and despite the the clubs never ending bullshit.

Like I said earlier, the anger and frustration is building and its going to explode dramaticly between Lambert's eyes and very early. Patience has ran out with a lot of fans and the club are simply adding to it with their laid back, everything is going to be fine attitude. We are not stupid, we all know we have huge problems, but see no evidence of them being remedied.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:47 am

B62 Villa wrote:Saw a description of Villa in the Daily mail that made me chuckle,
"On their day they can beat anyone(Arsenal away), but the next they look like they would be punching above their weight in the Championship"
I think far too much was made of our wins against the Gunners, City and Saints, they could and prob should turned out different, and those are bonus points, what counter acts those wins were the losses to nearly all our relegation rivals, even palace did the double over us.

Never mind Palace, flipping Fulham made us look complete mugs in both matches.
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:23 am

Fair point I was at craven cottage that day, awesome away support, complete apathy and lack of ideas and effort on the pitch.
Lambert, Lerner and many of our players are a complete disgrace
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:38 am

Your main point is even fairer! We need to be able to beat the dross more regularly because we can't afford to rely on lucky results again this season.
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next