The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Mooseman Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Aston villa our club is accused of being fickle, but the shite served up over the last few years and still average 36k and as for the away support exceptional, who ever takes villa over is taking over a very special club our club! Utv
Mooseman
Mooseman

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:22 pm

jeffvilla wrote:Fair play harry, my thinking is on the same line support the team and try not to think about the inept management
 Scarf Waving

Its hard to do that when you are losing to Bradford lol Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:22 pm

TheEgo wrote:Hey Mardy,

Just as you disagree with others, some may disagree with you. Let's not be like the club and try and gag people  8) there's a lot of unhappy fans right now and whilst there's levels of dissent, I think everyone should be entitled to air theirs.

That said I'm not sure any protests would work. It certainly won't bring a buyer out of the woodwork. Lerner appears not to give a damn, as he dwindles amongst his own.

Sorry mate but I can't agree, we're all unhappy to a point but the vibe on this thread is toxic. I hope to god that all the people that are saying they are staying away from games, actually do.
I'm done with this forum mate I'm afraid, really enjoyed it and had some great chats with some really good, genuine fans, but I'm sick to death of the negativity, it's poisonous. Worst is, most have absolutely nothing constructive to say, just whinging for whinging sake....even had a bloke on here the weekend justifying his slagging of the club, because he used to play semi-pro level....I mean, you couldn't make it up!!

it's still pre-season for fucks sake!!!!

All the best to one and all UTV

Scarf Waving  Scarf Waving  Scarf Waving 

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:28 pm

Ah come on MardyBum. It's a difficult time for the club and people are clearly dismayed. It's certainly not toxic on here though. Read the last couple of posts. Even Harry has a season ticket (sorry Harry) you'll find, most forums are pretty fed up right now. Go and spend 5 mins on twitter and you'll feel loads better haha!!

We don't want to see you go mate, you've had a lot of great points to add. Give it some more thought dude.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BournVilla Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
TheEgo wrote:Hey Mardy,

Just as you disagree with others, some may disagree with you. Let's not be like the club and try and gag people  8) there's a lot of unhappy fans right now and whilst there's levels of dissent, I think everyone should be entitled to air theirs.

That said I'm not sure any protests would work. It certainly won't bring a buyer out of the woodwork. Lerner appears not to give a damn, as he dwindles amongst his own.

Sorry mate but I can't agree, we're all unhappy to a point but the vibe on this thread is toxic. I hope to god that all the people that are saying they are staying away from games, actually do.
I'm done with this forum mate I'm afraid, really enjoyed it and had some great chats with some really good, genuine fans, but I'm sick to death of the negativity, it's poisonous. Worst is, most have absolutely nothing constructive to say, just whinging for whinging sake....even had a bloke on here the weekend justifying his slagging of the club, because he used to play semi-pro level....I mean, you couldn't make it up!!

it's still pre-season for fucks sake!!!!

All the best to one and all UTV

Scarf Waving  Scarf Waving  Scarf Waving 

"Whinging for whinging sake"?
So i take it you haven't seen the Villa play over the last 4 seasons then?
BournVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:30 pm

My Old Man wrote:
jeffvilla wrote:Fair play harry, my thinking is on the same line support the team and try not to think about the inept management
 Scarf Waving

Its hard to do that when you are losing to Bradford lol Laughing 

We lose to pretty much everyone

I think Lambert knows that the fans have now had it with him. We know, and he knows the only reason he is still manager is because our chairman has no interest

No more Lambert songs, positive or negative. There doesn't need to be. He knows he's shite, we know he's shite and soon as a new owner comes in, he's out of here
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:20 pm

The king of the villa fans decides if u deserve to be a villa fan.....  I'll get my coat

Night all I'm going to sleep happier tonight.  cheers
gdav
gdav

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:28 am

It wouldnt be so bad if i didnt have to pay £60 for a return train ticket to go to Villa park and thats without the tickets so usally cost between £100-150 everytime i go  :shock: 
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:42 am

It's a valid point Luke. With how the economy is, cuts have to be made in many houses and when looking at it objectively (or the mrs etc) can you really justify based in the last few years? The outlay isn't representative of the entertainment on offer.

I do know villa are one of the cheapest EPL tickets and probably why we were still able to average 36k last season. Really don't think it will be as high this season.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:53 am

TheEgo wrote:It's a valid point Luke. With how the economy is, cuts have to be made in many houses and when looking at it objectively (or the mrs etc) can you really justify based in the last few years? The outlay isn't representative of the entertainment on offer.

I do know villa are one of the cheapest EPL tickets and probably why we were still able to average 36k last season. Really don't think it will be as high this season.

I dont blame Villa for this for once lol but blame bloddy national rail  Crying or Very sad 
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:07 am

The cost of a game is what amazes me. If it was a fiver to get in then sod the chairman and the clown manager, get down there and support the team we love.

But the prices are gob-smacking. You get no value for money, little by way of entertainment - in fact, judging by the vast majority of last season, fans should get paid to watch that shit.

Mardybum has had a moan that the atmosphere is toxic and it's only pre-season but I can't think of one single positive to cling onto that says maybe, just maybe, this season will be different.

There were two sides out out against the Americanese teams: one looked pretty good, passing the ball around, changing the pace, having a proper go; the other looked like clueless, unprofessional, hoofball artists. And that seems to be the team that Lambert will be starting with given that, with just two weeks to go until proper kick off, it was the team to face Groningen.

It's toxic in here for a reason: hope is going out the window.

Things might look very very different come the final whistle against Stoke but I don't think anyone really believes that it's going to be anything but a hard, long, depressing season.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:13 am

Oh, as for Lambert, I don't blame him for not leaving. Why would he? A cushy job with lots of money and no pressure from his bosses (Lerner isn't there and Russell doesn't know a thing about football so it's not like he's in a pressure cooker).

He has a ready-made excuse for his next potential employers that he had limited tools to work with and he can make up any old shit that went on behind the scenes to justify his results. Add to that, he stuck with Villa through thick and thin because the chairman was absent so he was effectively running the football club from top to bottom on his own.

How good will that look on his CV?

He's going nowhere and, let's be honest, none of us would either.
I don't blame him for that. I blame him for his proven inability to pick the best players in the best positions. I blame him for not being able to change the complexion of a game when things aren't going our way. I blame him for wasting very limited resources (he's now on his 4th left back) and not strengthening in the right areas. I blame him for not having the tactical awareness to beat lower league shit in the cups, especially when we were knocking on Wembley's door.

I blame him for a lot of things but I can't blame him for hanging around.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:23 am

Trotters wrote:Oh, as for Lambert, I don't blame him for not leaving. Why would he? A cushy job with lots of money and no pressure from his bosses (Lerner isn't there and Russell doesn't know a thing about football so it's not like he's in a pressure cooker).

He has a ready-made excuse for his next potential employers that he had limited tools to work with and he can make up any old shit that went on behind the scenes to justify his results. Add to that, he stuck with Villa through thick and thin because the chairman was absent so he was effectively running the football club from top to bottom on his own.

How good will that look on his CV?

He's going nowhere and, let's be honest, none of us would either.
I don't blame him for that. I blame him for his proven inability to pick the best players in the best positions. I blame him for not being able to change the complexion of a game when things aren't going our way. I blame him for wasting very limited resources (he's now on his 4th left back) and not strengthening in the right areas. I blame him for not having the tactical awareness to beat lower league shit in the cups, especially when we were knocking on Wembley's door.

I blame him for a lot of things but I can't blame him for hanging around.

I hope i don't get criticized for this post got a feeling i will but just got to post my thoughts. I would firstly like to say i would be absolutely devastated if we go down and 110% don't want to go down so this post may sound weird but here goes anyway! I just dont see the bloddy point of keep being in a releagation battle it is just so tiring keep being down there and so depressing i sometimes think that if we are in the championship that we may see the old Villa back i do feel bad for saying this but just wish Lerner would be a decent owner for once and back Lambert or sack him and if he did sack him back the new manager. Even Milner on loan would improve us greatly its just so upsetting to watch the club you love and cant do anything abut it  No The worse thing is that most games i wake up and am confident we going to get a result and end up very disapointed, im sure fans could accept the shit results if we look to be playing better football even if it was like the way martinez did at wigan! Sorry for the rant maybe i will feel better if we can start the season well! Up the Villa!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:32 am

Going down won't serve any purpose. Ten years ago it may have served to clear the decks, get new management in and push back into the top flight.

Now, it'd just be devastating for this club as we've already cleared the decks, Lerner won't sack Lambert as it'll cost him money and, given that it's clear he won't spend money, we'll never attract the players to get us back up again.

If we go down, that's it. Lights out. We would be bollocksed.

As it stands, well have to deal with the very real threat of relegation until a new owner comes in with new ideas and new money.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:41 am

Trotters wrote:Going down won't serve any purpose. Ten years ago it may have served to clear the decks, get new management in and push back into the top flight.

Now, it'd just be devastating for this club as we've already cleared the decks, Lerner won't sack Lambert as it'll cost him money and, given that it's clear he won't spend money, we'll never attract the players to get us back up again.

If we go down, that's it. Lights out. We would be bollocksed.

As it stands, well have to deal with the very real threat of relegation until a new owner comes in with new ideas and new money.

I know that just depressing that its looking like at the best Lerner just trying to finish 17th every season  Crying or Very sad Just fed up of the whole situation and one of the best things i thought about staying up last season was thinking we would get new owners and we could push for the top 10 i wouldnt of had crazy expections from the off!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:43 am

My Old Man wrote:
GhostDad wrote:
Mooseman wrote:Me personally will go and support the team but will not buy anything in the ground until takeover is done and dusted, love villa hate Lerner!UTV
You'll be a stronger man than me then if you resist the allure of the Balti Pie.

Sod the Balti pies. You can buy the same things at Iceland,and they are cheaper 8)
Costs a bloody fortune to fly to Iceland, just to get a pie, and then they re always fish pies. Yak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:24 am

the only hope I cling to, is why would he make such a definitive statement? He more or less said "you wont hear from me again until its done"

He reminds me of Mason Verger, from Hannibal
Malandro
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:31 am

Malandro wrote:the only hope I cling to, is why would he make such a definitive statement? He more or less said "you wont hear from me again until its done"

Class comparison matey. Do you reckon Lerner has the wild bore ready, for Lambert's legs? Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:58 am

Trotters is right, relegation would be start of a very long dark age for us, other than Newcastle, who has gone down and come back stronger? Newcastle are an exception, they had a very good team who went down because of off field turmoil, they kept a majority of the squad and walked the championship, brought in a quality scouting team and with decent sensible investment are now a million miles away from us.

Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:17 am

Hi all,

We've put together something for our members to kill some time on the bus/train to work, something to look at when the boss isn't about to make the 9 to 5 a bit less tedious and keep you fed with your Villa fix.

As you'll see, it has a several Villa articles, a few villa-related premier league pieces and some general premier league news. Simply click on the article that catches your eye and it'll open fully in a new window for you to read.

So have a flip through and let us know your thoughts as to whether it's something you'd like to see more of.

http://flip.it/Usa6s
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:28 am

If it means we don't get relegated, then I will reluctantly take the shit Lambert & Lerner dish out (again) this season until the inevitable finally does happen and they are gone.

I've been involved with relegation before with the Villa and believe me not only is it painful, it stinks and there is nothing to be gained from it. And let's not forget that with football clubs, the bigger you are then the bigger the slide into oblivion.

But one thing is for sure, I will never forgive Lerner for discarding Aston Villa FC out of his pram like a spoilt brat who got feed up with his toy.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:33 am

Trotters wrote:Hi all,

We've put together something for our members to kill some time on the bus/train to work, something to look at when the boss isn't about to make the 9 to 5 a bit less tedious and keep you fed with your Villa fix.

As you'll see, it has a several Villa articles, a few villa-related premier league pieces and some general premier league news. Simply click on the article that catches your eye and it'll open fully in a new window for you to read.

So have a flip through and let us know your thoughts as to whether it's something you'd like to see more of.

http://flip.it/Usa6s

Just enjoyed looking at that Trotters and in my opinion,, I think it's really well put together and interesting and something I will go back to and read!......Well done and thanks for the hard work involved.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:35 am

Thank you for saying so. Well probably get one up each fortnight or maybe each week depending on how much newsworthy stuff is going around.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:50 am

PDC Lion wrote:
Malandro wrote:the only hope I cling to, is why would he make such a definitive statement? He more or less said "you wont hear from me again until its done"

Class comparison matey. Do you reckon Lerner has the wild bore ready, for Lambert's legs? Very Happy 

I hope so.

Who is Cordell then? The General?
Malandro
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by AVit Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 am

I see Randy is back in town.

Not that it probably means much.
AVit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next