The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 18 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:13 pm

I couldn't see any half decent or up and coming manager touching us in our current state of uncertainty.

I think it's a case of better the devil you know
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 18 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 18 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I couldn't see any half decent or up and coming manager touching us in our current state of uncertainty.

I think it's a case of better the devil you know

Its like having choice of being bitten between a Black Mamba or an Inland Taipan :evil: 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 18 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Outstanding summary of Villa's predicament as it stands today...give that journo a cigar!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/04/premier-league-preview-aston-villa

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Van Gaal tells his players that they played rubbish, he names and shames players and the next time they play they bust a gut to escape his wrath.

Lambert refuses to criticise players, he tells them winning isn't important neither is losing and guess what, next time they play they amble about and play the same old rubbish.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Malandro wrote:
Eastie wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
Coseley Villa wrote:I am sure there are many young coaches around Europe who could in and make a name for themselves , if they got us to say 10th with this bag of shit squad he would be a fucking hero , they would have nothing to lose , but i doubt they would come December when we are bottom of the league , which lets be honest stands a very very good chance

Perhaps, but it entails three people whom know nothing about Football trying to find them, and work under the same restrictions. Lambert can change this because imo, he now holds all the cards, but as already said, does he have the guts to stand up for himself, the club and its supporters?

Lambert can't change it because he hasn't got a clue mate Sad

keep on subject me old mucker  Wink Laughing 

You old rascal, ollie  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:33 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Van Gaal tells his players that they played rubbish, he names and shames players and the next time they play they bust a gut to escape his wrath.

Lambert refuses to criticise players, he tells them winning isn't important neither is losing and guess what, next time they play they amble about and play the same old rubbish.

From what I'm hearing is that Van Gaall is going to do his own style of Lambert's young and hungry policy, Lambert needs to take note.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Green Villan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Van Gaal tells his players that they played rubbish, he names and shames players and the next time they play they bust a gut to escape his wrath.

From what I'm hearing is that Van Gaall is going to do his own style of Lambert's young and hungry policy, Lambert needs to take note.

the difference being theve spent £33mil on a luke shaw, £29mil on Herrera..
We spend £1.5mil on league 1 players ive never heard of

I read today we are linked with a Wolves defender for £5mil..

We are not in the same financial league as Man U
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 18 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:40 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
Green Villan wrote:

the difference being theve spent £33mil on a luke shaw, £29mil on Herrera..
We spend £1.5mil on league 1 players ive never heard of

I read today we are linked with a Wolves defender for £5mil..

We are not in the same financial league as Man U

You can guess the next line !!
Andyh
Andyh

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 18 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:49 pm

We are not in the same financial league as wolves? :)

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Who costs 5m from wolves? Ha!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:39 pm

Eastie wrote:We are not in the same financial league as wolves? :)

Is that you, Mr O'Leary?
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Location : The Lost City: Time was on my side when I was running down the street it was so fine, fine, fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind, mind, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Elagabalus wrote:
Eastie wrote:We are not in the same financial league as wolves? :)

Is that you, Mr O'Leary?
All us Villa fans should shut our mouths because we know nothing, if i remember correctly. O'Leary, what a knob. It would seem to me that the same attitude is surrounding the club at this moment. Not good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Coseley Villa wrote:Paul Lambert does not have the Bottle or grace to quit which tells everyone of the weak and pathetic man he is ,he is only here for the Money and pay-off when he is finally sacked by which time it really hope its not to late because with him in charge there is only one thing coming this season

To be fair didnt he walk away from Norwich?
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Wookster wrote:
Coseley Villa wrote:Paul Lambert does not have the Bottle or grace to quit which tells everyone of the weak and pathetic man he is ,he is only here for the Money and pay-off when he is finally sacked by which time it really hope its not to late because with him in charge there is only one thing coming this season

To be fair didnt he walk away from Norwich?

And Colechester...

On another note, just had a call from the Villa Ticket office trying to offload Newcastle and Hull tickets. Told them that i will not be going to Villa Park until Lerner has gone. The guy did not sound shocked, so i guess there will be plenty of leg room for those two games.

Feel sorry for them, since their boss has left them trying to flog a dead horse.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:31 pm

The lowest attendances for a league game for many years at home is all they can expect, and rightly so.

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:36 pm

I hate this argument. He is not "weak" or "pathetic" for trying his best under the circumstances. Whether you like him or not, he has been given a brief from his manager and employer, and he has done all asked of him. If he walked as soon as it got difficult, that would be weak and pathetic. If he walked early despite knowing the situation, then Id be calling him worse that you did. I believe he is doing the job thats asked of him, regardless if your opinion is in agreement with it or not. Yes, Im sure his wages are a reason hes stayed in the job (Ill be honest, I dont particularly like my job, I am there for the money, am I weak and pathetic? And, yes, if I was offered more money to do the same job elsewhere, Id take it in a heartbeat) but I dont think its the be all and end all.

One thing is for certain, this season will be interesting!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Can we try not to refer to other issues or individuals please on other forums - we have worked hard to try and get TBAR into a friendly environment and don't really need to be making reference to other sites - thanks !

Back to top Go down

Post by BournVilla Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:59 pm

UnclePanda wrote:

I hate this argument. He is not "weak" or "pathetic" for trying his best under the circumstances. Whether you like him or not, he has been given a brief from his manager and employer, and he has done all asked of him. If he walked as soon as it got difficult, that would be weak and pathetic. If he walked early despite knowing the situation, then Id be calling him worse that you did. I believe he is doing the job thats asked of him, regardless if your opinion is in agreement with it or not. Yes, Im sure his wages are a reason hes stayed in the job (Ill be honest, I dont particularly like my job, I am there for the money, am I weak and pathetic? And, yes, if I was offered more money to do the same job elsewhere, Id take it in a heartbeat) but I dont think its the be all and end all.

One thing is for certain, this season will be interesting!

Not so long ago managers who were clearly out of their depth would do the decent thing resign and walk out of the club with their head held high. Not anymore though. People like Lambert linger on like a bad smell waiting for their big fat pay out.
He deserves all the stick he gets in my opinion.
BournVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:40 pm

PDC Lion wrote:The lowest attendances for a league game for many years at home is all they can expect, and rightly so.

isn't this the time, the team needs as much support as possible , I don't think anyone is happy with how things have gone this summer and most of us realise it is going to be a long, long season , I don't go to a game to support the Chairman or the manager its the team , VTID ! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooseman Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:48 pm

Me personally will go and support the team but will not buy anything in the ground until takeover is done and dusted, love villa hate Lerner!UTV
Mooseman
Mooseman

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:52 pm

Mooseman wrote:Me personally will go and support the team but will not buy anything in the ground until takeover is done and dusted, love villa hate Lerner!UTV

The chips are shite anyway  Sad 
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:16 pm

VillaBill wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:The lowest attendances for a league game for many years at home is all they can expect, and rightly so.

isn't this the time, the team needs as much support as possible , I don't think anyone is happy with how things have gone this summer and most of us realise it is going to be a long, long season , I don't go to a game to support the Chairman or the manager its the team , VTID ! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

I really couldn't give a shit if we got relegated, I REFUSE to pay Lerner any more of my money no matter it be 2p or £200 he will get nothing more from me!
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jpmangel Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:19 pm

You know what they say when the chips are down....or as my dad used to say, if worse comes to worse.....we're fucked!
Jpmangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Longboy Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:20 pm

VillaBill wrote:
Mooseman wrote:Me personally will go and support the team but will not buy anything in the ground until takeover is done and dusted, love villa hate Lerner!UTV

The chips are shite anyway  Sad 

I won't even do that, not going to spend a penny at that place until we get some sensible leadership (on or off the pitch)!

The scary thing is 2 years on there are people looking at CNZ and Mutton with fresh eyes as if they are the saviours of the club....£80 odd mill from the PL alone (ignoring the countless billions we get from Macron  silent) and them + the stellar signings of Senderdross and Cole and we are expected to "turn up and support the lads"?!?!

Nah balls to that, loyalty works both ways!
Longboy
Longboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next