The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 10 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Voice of reason Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:53 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:So any takeover news today or is the whole 1st Aug talk just another date?
Let me reiterate some of my previous posts into 1

NO ONE other than Lerner knows what is REALLY going on.
The club is poorly organised
The scouting is non existent
The football management is amongst the worst it has been in nearly 3 decades
The infrastructure at the club is more brittle than than sugar as is the spine of the team
We have no winners in our management, on the pitch, in the board room or in our commercial governance
The Lerner trust are running this show (for themselves)
The Lerner Trust are Venture Capitalists (without prejudice)
Randy Lerner is out of his depth
Mr Lerner has no passion for Aston Villa and what Aston Villa means
THERE IS NO TAKEOVER ANYWHERE IN THE OFFING
The manager has no idea about the football powerhouses in terms of finding players
We have a bunch of greedy, lazy, fat, lazy, money grabbing, lazy, never good enough for the top 10, lazy, players who don't care about anyone but themselves (only in it for money)
We need 8 to 10 players but most of the affordable players of the quality that we need have already moved
No one wants to come to us on £25k per week when the average (for the quality we need) is nearer £60k

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

And even those who hate us know it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2712959/Paul-Lambert-faces-chance-saloon-Aston-Villa-Roy-Keane-Joe-Cole-Co-help.html

Last edited by Voice of reason on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Voice of reason
Voice of reason

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 10 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by HarryAVFC Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Yes. We should replace Vlaar with a top defender. Don't sell unless we know we can do that
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:04 pm

Voice of reason wrote:
Jimmycarr wrote:So any takeover news today or is the whole 1st Aug talk just another date?

The infrastructure at the club is more brittle than than sugar as is the spine of the team
We have no winners in our management, on the pitch, in the board room or in our commercial governance
The manager has no idea about the football powerhouses in terms of finding players
We have a bunch of greedy, lazy, fat, lazy, money grabbing, lazy, never good enough for the top 10, lazy, players who don't care about anyone but themselves (only in it for money)
We need 8 to 10 players but most of the affordable players of the quality that we need have already moved
No one wants to come to us on £25k per week when the average (for the quality we need) is nearer £60k

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2712959/Paul-Lambert-faces-chance-saloon-Aston-Villa-Roy-Keane-Joe-Cole-Co-help.html

So in summary, only randy and you know what is going on
Malandro
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidvilla73 Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Optimistic about next year then!
Davidvilla73

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Malandro wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

What a positive post!
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Voice of reason wrote:

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

What a load of crap!

just picked 2 of your pathetic rants..

"We have no winners in our management"...Lambert won champs league, keane won everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The manager has no idea about the football powerhouses in terms of finding players".....Christian Benteke, Jores Okore....for next to no money!!!

This is a peaceful forum....if it wasn't, I'd seriously like to tell you to go and boil yer head, we don't need or want 'fans' like you!!!!!

#muppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of reason Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:44 pm

R1chuk wrote:
Malandro wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

What a positive post!

Other than a nice kit, what is there to be positive about?

Go on, I dare you to provide some unequivocal, clearly substantiated facts as to why we Aston Villa fans should have even one ounce of positive expectation about the coming season.

Not foolishness like:

we could be blues
We could be in Pompey's shoes
we are still in the premiership (for how long)
We are not owned by Jim Bobb the local corner shop owner

What clear evidence and defined proof do we have to be positive?
Voice of reason
Voice of reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Voice of reason wrote:
R1chuk wrote:
Malandro wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

What a positive post!

Other than a nice kit, what is there to be positive about?

Go on, I dare you to provide some unequivocal, clearly substantiated facts as to why we Aston Villa fans should have even one ounce of positive expectation about the coming season.

Not foolishness like:

we could be blues
We could be in Pompey's shoes
we are still in the premiership (for how long)
We are not owned by Jim Bobb the local corner shop owner

What clear evidence and defined proof do we have to be positive?

seriously mate...fuck off!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of reason Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

What a load of crap!

"We have no winners in our management"...Lambert won champs league, keane won everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The manager has no idea about the football powerhouses in terms of finding players".....Christian Benteke, Jores Okore....for next to no money!!!

This is a peaceful forum....if it wasn't, I'd seriously like to tell you to go and boil yer head, we don't need or want 'fans' like you!!!!!

#muppet

As a former semi pro, currently Chartered Accountant and cousin to a former Villa and England star, I think I may know a thing or two about Football and I am sorry I will not bury my head in the sand and go along with the hype, spin and media manipulation that is currently being trotted out!

Last edited by Voice of reason on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Voice of reason
Voice of reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Voice of reason wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

What a load of crap!

#muppet

As a former semi pro, currently Chartered Account and cousin to a former Villa and England star, I think I may know a thing or two about Football and I am sorry I will not bury my head in the sand and go along with the hype, spin and media manipulation that is currently bring trotted out!

save your bullshit "what you used to be"...if you wanna play that game, you will lose...trust me! I dropped down to semi pro level, that's all I'm saying.....nobody is burying their head...we all know we are in dire straits...your post is just pathetic though....in my humble opinion!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Mardybum. You're out of order.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:27 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
Voice of reason wrote:

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

What a load of crap!

#muppet

As a former semi pro, currently Chartered Account and cousin to a former Villa and England star, I think I may know a thing or two about Football and I am sorry I will not bury my head in the sand and go along with the hype, spin and media manipulation that is currently bring trotted out!

save your bullshit "what you used to be"...if you wanna play that game, you will lose...trust me! I dropped down to semi pro level, that's all I'm saying.....nobody is burying their head...we all know we are in dire straits...your post is just pathetic though....in my humble opinion!

Agreed. What is the point of this post: To motivate us to gather into a mob to crash down the gates at Villa Park & make demands? To make sure we don't have any hope or optimism going into the new season?

I understand feeling hopeless & annoyed & I understand the need to vent it but if things are that bad for you then take a break from it all (easy to do out of season) & stop trying to bring us all down with your 'dose of realism' which - as has been pointed out - is at least partially based on opinion.

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving 
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Yeah, I disagreed with a few things Voice of reason said but things are shit so people are frustrated and will vent. Nobody gets to tell other fans that their club doesn't need them though. That's just bollocks.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Mazrim wrote:Yeah, I disagreed with a few things Voice of reason said but things are shit so people are frustrated and will vent. Nobody gets to tell other fans that their club doesn't need them though. That's just bollocks.

well I certainly wouldn't miss wank fans like that buddy, but each to their own...you may wanna sit and listen to that bollox...your prerogative, I have the right to disagree, and express it...without expecting to be deemed 'out of order'...who put you in charge by the way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
Mazrim wrote:Yeah, I disagreed with a few things Voice of reason said but things are shit so people are frustrated and will vent. Nobody gets to tell other fans that their club doesn't need them though. That's just bollocks.

well I certainly wouldn't miss wank fans like that buddy, but each to their own...you may wanna sit and listen to that bollox...your prerogative, I have the right to disagree, and express it...without expecting to be deemed 'out of order'...who put you in charge by the way?

A bit hypocritical I think. I'm not the one deciding who deserves to be a Villa fan or not and telling people to fuck off. It's not what you're saying, it's how you express it.

Last edited by Mazrim on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 pm

To be fair to voice of reason, things are pretty dire at Villa

Don't know why people are mentioning what level of football they played at though. Makes no difference to Villa
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:46 pm

It's important not to tear into each other at times like this, which are bad enough.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Mazrim wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:

A bit hypocritical I think. I'm not the one deciding who deserves to be a Villa fan or not and telling people to fuck off.

well to my mind, he's no fan if he speaks that way!

and by 'fuck off', I meant fuck off with the pessimism. As if things ain't bad enough!!

I'm guessing he's the type that slags the players and the manager during the game.....that's if he even goes to the games...probably sits and moans at Soccer Saturday, lol!!!
Then rings Tom Ross and bleats about how crap we are....lol

I just think if you only have negativity running through your veins, a) I feel sorry for you and b) keep it to yourself, or maybe ring the Samaritans!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:To be fair to voice of reason, things are pretty dire at Villa

Don't know why people are mentioning what level of football they played at though. Makes no difference to Villa

agreed 100%...which is why I felt the need to ram it down his throat as soon as I read it....!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Fans will vent their spleen though. Sometimes it's the only way of dealing with it. I don't want to read it, I want to read about how were excited about the players were going to sign, tactics, who makes the team and so on but I understand it. Because at the moment it looks like we'll be struggling again and it pretty much dominates everything else.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Voice of reason wrote:

AND WE ARE GOING DOWN

I hate to read it, and it saddens me the state this once premier league big gun is in, but I agree with this post 110%  Crying or Very sad 
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Mazrim wrote:Fans will vent their spleen though. Sometimes it's the only way of dealing with it. I don't want to read it, I want to read about how were excited about the players were going to sign, tactics, who makes the team and so on but I understand it. Because at the moment it looks like we'll be struggling again and it pretty much dominates everything else.

I know pal, and I don't usually react to the negativity...but inside I am still villa to the core, and no matter what is happening on or off the pitch, I feel the need to defend my club when faced with this kind of abuse....it just feels so much worse when it's our own fans giving it...like treason. I would feel the same if we were challenging for the title, or dropping to the conference...anyone attacks my club, I have to fight back!

I'm as frustrated as the next man...but never will I ever speak that way about my club, never....we are Aston Villa!

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:04 pm

I understand that.
They're not attacking Villa though, they're attacking the situation. All the more because of the passion they have for the club.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:30 pm

There's pessimism about the situation & then there's outright depressive pessimism about the future. Okay, we're all justified in moaning about what's going on, but it irritates me when people suddenly turn Mystic Meg & say that we'll lose loads of games & go down - I just skip it.

Sleep 
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:52 pm

We've added to the team which stayed up last year but are still going down according to some. I don't get it.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next