The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:38 am

Seemed like a lively night in here last night. Some very good points (and rather depressing made) made.

So August 1st is gone. When do we throw in the towel with regards to a takeover?

Will it happen before the transfer window slams shut? If not will it then be until January or longer? Thoughts on a postcard please...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Mazrim Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:44 am

Yes and inexplicably, Lambert is still here and we've added hardly anything to the squad. Even a new manager might have given us some sort of impetus, but no. We have to hope that Roy Keane will inject some steel into the players rather than piss most of them off.

We can't even say Lerner is sticking with Lambert out of loyalty and belief. More likely it's due to saving money. So his ownership of this great footballing institution is now bordering on negligence.

A decision has to be made, or hopefully, a fools hope, has been made. If the takeover isn't happening this close season, find some funding from somewhere, anywhere. Because this squad is not strong enough to keep us clear of another relegation battle.

It's like owning a listed building, then hiring gobshite cowboys to do the building work.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:45 am

B62 Villa wrote:Fair point I was at craven cottage that day, awesome away support, complete apathy and lack of ideas and effort on the pitch.
Lambert, Lerner and many of our players are a complete disgrace

Is was like that all season. There was never a clear game plan. He's a terrible manager

Anyone know If there is streaming of today's game ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:48 am

We need a couple of fast direct wingers in this month big time.? Last season we had no threat to anyone, no creativity. A CM also

We must also have the worst full back options in the league by far. That needs sorting. Bennett is god awful, Lowton is going. That leaves Mutton and Stevens. Not good

Still a lot of work to be done this month.
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:48 am

Once we hit the last week of the transfer window, if we don't have a new owner then we're a boat doing nothing but drifting. Even through pre-season, Lambert is showing signs that he's clueless in both team selection and tactics. Survival will be 50/50.

We have the squad to easily capture a top half finish but I can't see Lambert getting us there.

Our cruel fixture list will definitely go against us because if we fail to get a respectable haul of points in the first ten games - and we won't - then the pressure on Lambert will be immense and when he's under pressure he does stupid, stupid things.

So a new owner in the next few weeks please otherwise, we are up shit creek without a canoe, let alone a paddle.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:51 am

This is depressing...
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:52 am

The Ego
Regarding a takeover, I'd be amazed if anything happens now until next Summer, I think what happened at Fulham last season served as a warning regards mid season takeovers, especially at clubs who are perennial strugglers( which we now are), as they could see their investment disappear out of the lucrative premier league. So all will wait to see if we survive, or if there are better options coming onto the market. Randy has ensured we aren't a very attractive proposition, and showed his desperation to offload.
Given that the season starts in 2 saturdays time, with the transfer window closing shortly after, I feel nothing is in the pipeline at present, so our only hope is Randy opens his wallet, which also looks unlikely, given the crap we're bringing in.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:59 am

TheEgo wrote:Seemed like a lively night in here last night. Some very good points (and rather depressing made) made.

So August 1st is gone. When do we throw in the towel with regards to a takeover?

Will it happen before the transfer window slams shut? If not will it then be until January or longer? Thoughts on a postcard please...

itll happen when it hgappens. nothing we can do about it. the only reason ive thought about it is forums & social media!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:02 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:We've added to the team which stayed up last year but are still going down according to some. I don't get it.

My thoughts....

Yes we have added some ''depth'' to the squad, which in todays market we got some good depth for next to nothing so its great business from the ££££ sense. We havent improved any in terms of quality though.

We are so reliant on Benteke for goals, he could be out until October/November, yet add on another month to get sharp and match fit, almost looking like we could miss him for half a season.

Vlaar improves our defense and we really struggle without him, Vlaars good but not great, and with Okore we could have a decent defensive partnership, However my gut feeling is Vlaar will be off, why? Hes 29, about to sign his last long term deal while hes in his prime... Coming off a good WC showing...he may not want to leave but im sure his agent is telling him he can get a bigger ££££ elsewhere AND play in a much better team somewhere on the globe that is moving forewords.... Aston Villa arent until ownership is sorted... so reluctantly I expect him to move on...careers are short and players take opportunities these days when they come, if Vlaar was 23 he may stay, 29...time to cash in and grab his opportunity while hes still in his prime.

We have a brutal first 10 games that could see us getting 3/4 points on the board, we would be in the bottom 3 and I dont think we would recover from an awful start, not many teams do, Palace did last year by replacing the manager and getting it right. Fans would be looking for blood and rightly so, Mumbles will be struggling to keep everything together, a CEO that only sees a balance sheet and is oblivious to football and Lerner hiding in the States....Lerner wont sack Lambert simply because he would have to pay him off, then have the hassle of recruiting another thats better with a sales pitch of ''There is no money and I dont want to be here pitch, but keep us up''

We get the bomb squad back, which could be a big addition, who knows....Hutton was terrible under McLeish and Bent couldnt even get in the Fulham team when they were crying out for points in the back end of last year a young 19 Woodrow or something was their Striker instead... If their heads are right and we play to their strength and they have genuinely let by gones be by gones at the way the club has treated them and want to be here and fight for the cause, and Bent is still the Bent we bought and under Houiller and still perform at that level then great...

Just need Lambert to play to our players strengths I guess...

Finally, If no takeover happens it will affect performances on the pitch, they always do because of ''Uncertainty'' regarding the whole affair, nobody knows about their futures long term or whats happening to the club, human nature to be a bit distracted, part of the reason Newcastle got relegated in 08 or 09?

However if a takeover happens and we do spend some money then all my above points will be moot in terms of relegation, and I really hope they prove that, my gut feeling is just what ive wrote above Sad

Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Good post Olof. If Vlaar goes and Benteke isn't available until after our first dozen games, then we could be rooted to the bottom of the table.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:17 pm

B62 cheers for that. I largely agree. I think it's none or never (well until next summer) the one hope I cling onto is the idea that maybe there is someone interested and there's been a big stand off over the price and either party will give to see this deal done before the window closes. I can see RL getting twitchy and saying "screw it, have it for x amount, just to get away) if we were that lucky I think we will then see lambert given time (which won't be long) to sort it.

Straw clutching much? Haha!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:20 pm

I'm resigned to lerner , lambert leading us into the abyss - my only hope is that roy Keane is wearing the trousers and lambert taking a back seat Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:40 pm

Randy made a big point about being the "custodian" of Villa. By his own admission he has a duty of care. If he knows he's not selling before the transfer window ends then he must spend a proportion of the TV money on a couple of much needed signings. You can argue that the TV money belongs to Lerner, but it was earned by Villa and the Villa support. TV money would be non existent if Stadiums were empty.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:19 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Randy made a big point about being the "custodian" of Villa. By his own admission he has a duty of care. If he knows he's not selling before the transfer window ends then he must spend a proportion of the TV money on a couple of much needed signings. You can argue that the TV money belongs to Lerner, but it was earned by Villa and the Villa support. TV money would be non existent if Stadiums were empty.

His only loyalty is in getting back the families investment by any means necessary. His lack of interest last January tell us he does not give a fuck about the club because a custodian would not of done that. He got lucky. I bet he has even factored in relegation, hence why the TV money has gone missing.

I really hope that our fans give him all the grief they can starting at Stoke. Leave the Manager, target the real culprit in all this sorry saga.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Everton and Newcastle continue to invest, whilst being up for sale, Randy is just asset stripping and pocketing the massive amounts of TV cash. It's beyond negligent, the sooner this carpet bagger is gone the better.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:51 pm

B62 Villa wrote:Everton and Newcastle continue to invest, whilst being up for sale, Randy is just asset stripping and pocketing the massive amounts of TV cash. It's beyond negligent, the sooner this carpet bagger is gone the better.

His reign becomes more of a nightmare each day - who could ever have imagined 4 years ago it would turn out so dreadful Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Eastie wrote:
B62 Villa wrote:Everton and Newcastle continue to invest, whilst being up for sale, Randy is just asset stripping and pocketing the massive amounts of TV cash. It's beyond negligent, the sooner this carpet bagger is gone the better.

His reign becomes more of a nightmare each day - who could ever have imagined 4 years ago it would turn out so dreadful Sad
There will be a lot of pissed off people at VP for the first home game if nothing changes soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:06 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:

There will be a lot of pissed off people at VP for the first home game if nothing changes soon.

There will be a lot of of pissed off people at Stoke. They dont deserve our loyalty, but then we are the only ones that actually care, hence why we tend to show it negatively sometimes :twisted:
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:07 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Lerner has got off lightly so far due to Lambert's ineptness. I can see it getting very rough down VP unless we get off to a good start.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:09 pm

My Old Man wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:

There will be a lot of of pissed off people at Stoke. They dont deserve our loyalty, but then we are the only ones that actually care, hence why we tend to show it negatively sometimes :twisted:
Best away following in the country Villa fans are. This is just not good enough for our club, to be dragged about like this. Disgraceful.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:09 pm

TheEgo wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Lerner has got off lightly so far due to Lambert's ineptness. I can see it getting very rough down VP unless we get off to a good start.

Theres that, and the fact he is not Doug. People wanted it to be so much different, that they have excused a lot of Lerners cock-ups because of that.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Too right PDC.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:14 pm

My Old Man wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Theres that, and the fact he is not Doug. People wanted it to be so much different, that they have excused a lot of Lerners cock-ups because of that.

Yes I agree, the same as lambert being given so much grace as he wasn't/isn't McLeish. Will all mean nothing of we start badly. Will be toxic very quickly at VP. I still hold out hope Lerner will say "screw it" and cut his losses.

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:21 pm

TheEgo wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Yes I agree, the same as lambert being given so much grace as he wasn't/isn't McLeish. Will all mean nothing of we start badly. Will be toxic very quickly at VP. I still hold out hope Lerner will say "screw it" and cut his losses.

I think one of the main reasons lerner has got away with it is that people know he isn't there to hear it anyway .

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:26 pm

It continually makes me smile how people go on about Everton and Newcastle being for sale. I admit that if an offer is made deemed as being suitable then their owners may sell but I 100 prevent do not think they are for sale as Villa are...

Would Everton have shelled out 28 million of they were actively looking for a buyer like villa .. absolutely not so I wish people would stop comparing our situation to Everton and Newcastle cos it's nothing like it ....
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next