The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by BournVilla Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 pm

TheEgo wrote:
BournVilla wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
BournVilla wrote:
TheEgo wrote:Matt Lowton is/was always destined to leave sadly (for me anyway) had lots of personal problems at VP due to not settling. Maybe somewhere like boro is a happy compromise for him and his family. His wife moved back to Sheffield early last season and then he was caught between his wife/family and a football career. I feel for him, yes he earns a big amount of cash, but he's also a human being. With the right coaching (let's face it the whole defence have been positionally poor) he would have been and still can be a good player. A loan back to Sheffield would make more sense to me.

Isn't the Lowton loan the one IncogAVFC has been on about the last few days? Perhaps he knows a bit more about the Villa than you've been giving him credit for.

If you genuinely mean that you need to give your head a wobble. It's been in the papers that Lowton, Luna, Tonev and a few other may go out on loan. Don't need to be itk to run with that. I prefer to look at the things he's said and then deleted. Keane not happening. Ki Done Bendtner done and then not done and would sign as soon as villa got rid of bent and Hutton (Hutton now looks first choice) jamaco as new sponsers (even though jamaco twitter feed said not a chance) player signed today and various comments as to takeover happening, not happening, Lerner reinvesting. All guesswork and BS but hey, maybe he does know more? Oh and he works at VP and when asked to identify major works going on right now, couldn't say what it was. Said 4G which was installed last seaosn. There's loads of contractors that you can see from the Expessway, so I'm guessing he'd see them being based at VP. In short he's full of shit. Don't let any of that stop YOU believing though. Just my opinion  affraid I know more than him and I don't know an awful lot. Maybe you're him hahaha!!  Tumbleweed

Why do supposed ITKs get you so wound up? You've been hounding that Incog person for ages. Why don't you just let it go like the vast majority of Villa fans do? It's no big deal if he's making stuff up or not. Hardly worth you getting your knickers in a twist so much.

Hounding? Haha! I've been having a laugh. Not once have I been abusive and it certainly doesn't cause me to get my knickers in a twist. If you're going to out yourself out there with an account like that you have to expect to get people giving it to you a little. Why do you care so much? Are you his dad? Or as I said before maybe you're him. Sweet that you wish to defend him though. Pet hate of mine when people need to bring stuff onto forums off twitter. It has no bearing on here.

First of all I never claimed you were abusive to anyone, nor am I his dad. If Incog bothers you that much just ignore him.
By the way I never Tweet but I do post on here, and seeing that you have the same username across the social media platform I thought it wouldn't be a problem commenting on it here. I didn't realise I was breaking some kind of unwritten rule?
BournVilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by River Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:38 pm

Morgan Villa wrote:
BournVilla wrote:
Morgan Villa wrote:
BournVilla wrote:
Morgan Villa wrote:Thought his link up play with CNZ and Wiemann was central to our success in Lamberts first season.

What? What bloody success?

That team should have been relegated, we played good football for one half of every game from the Newcastle game onwards.

That was not success. It was the bare minimum required to stay in the league. Absolutely nothing to do with success.  It was a dreadful season from start to finish.

I think you are reading too much into what i am saying, most of our successful play in Lamberts  first season was down to those three players lnking well. Its no coincidence Wiemann had such a bad season last year as CNZ and Lowton were injured or dropped. I thought from the Newcastle game in Lamberts first season nwards weplayedsome half decent football for one half of a game. That does not mean anything more or anything less.  If you want to read more nto it or twist it then that is your perogative.

I think a lot of us were pretty optimistic after the 1st season. We were playing some decent football at the end and Benteke was on fire. Last year though was just absolutely awful and any good done in the last few months of Lambert's 1st year was undone and forgotten. But lets not rewrite history - many players looked like they were ready to step up a year ago - Lowton, Sylla, Weimann, Westwood but they completely regressed last year.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by BournVilla Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:43 pm

The end of Lambert's first season never fooled me. Premier League history is littered with perennially poor teams finding a bit of form at the end of the season only to start the next season as shit as they started the previous. Lambert's Villa is no different. I'm just surprised so many Villa fans fell for the hype.
BournVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:44 pm

River wrote:
Morgan Villa wrote:
BournVilla wrote:
Morgan Villa wrote:
BournVilla wrote:
Morgan Villa wrote:Thought his link up play with CNZ and Wiemann was central to our success in Lamberts first season.

What? What bloody success?

That team should have been relegated, we played good football for one half of every game from the Newcastle game onwards.

That was not success. It was the bare minimum required to stay in the league. Absolutely nothing to do with success.  It was a dreadful season from start to finish.

I think you are reading too much into what i am saying, most of our successful play in Lamberts  first season was down to those three players lnking well. Its no coincidence Wiemann had such a bad season last year as CNZ and Lowton were injured or dropped. I thought from the Newcastle game in Lamberts first season nwards weplayedsome half decent football for one half of a game. That does not mean anything more or anything less.  If you want to read more nto it or twist it then that is your perogative.

I think a lot of us were pretty optimistic after the 1st season. We were playing some decent football at the end and Benteke was on fire. Last year though was just absolutely awful and any good done in the last few months of Lambert's 1st year was undone and forgotten. But lets not rewrite history - many players looked like they were ready to step up a year ago - Lowton, Sylla, Weimann, Westwood but they completely regressed last year.

I think Lowton was dropped because of things going on behind the scenes, i also like Westwood his passing stats dipped a bit last season but they were still good. In his first season at VP he was one of the best passers in the league according to some stats i read. He needs a big tackler to work with and for me he is a better midfielder than Delph or KEA.
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:48 pm

BournVilla wrote:The end of Lambert's first season never fooled me. Premier League history is littered with perennially poor teams finding a bit of form at the end of the season only to start the next season as shit as they started the previous. Lambert's Villa is no different. I'm just surprised so many Villa fans fell for the hype.

I struggle with that. We were genuinely playing good, attacking football and looked a threat. We were not hoofing it and getting lucky. We played so well particularly against Stoke away and Sunderland at home. We should have beaten Chelsea at home too. There looked a purpose and a plan. But last year Lambert seemed to change everything and we were the worst Villa team I can remember. The man needs to go no doubt, but there was good reason to be hopeful after his first season.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:50 pm

BournVilla wrote:The end of Lambert's first season never fooled me. Premier League history is littered with perennially poor teams finding a bit of form at the end of the season only to start the next season as shit as they started the previous. Lambert's Villa is no different. I'm just surprised so many Villa fans fell for the hype.

I think it looked like we had something to build on, the season was divided in two. The first half was  the lowest of the low, some people will say the Chelsea thrashing was the low point but for me losing 3-0 at home to Wigan was appalling. Then we played Newcastle and it was not for Krul and some dirty tactics by the geordies we would have won. We then beat Sunderland 6-1  and had a great game against QPR.  We dominated teams for one half of a game with some great football but then in the other half we were awful.  Yes for most fans it looked like we were building something, that something was an illusion and we were shit last year. The Man City win did not feel like a win at all it felt lucky like most of last seasons results in our favour
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 am

We've been shite for 2 seasons apart from probably 15 games in all
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:14 am

BV

There are no rules, hence me saying it's MY pet hate. Nothing to do with here or any rules. It felt like you we're digging. Using the words "hounding" doesn't imply a positive to me. As I said, you put yourself out there as openly as he has, you except you will get criticised when things don't happen like you've said. These accounts do it for attention, so I'm sure he doesn't mind the attention he gets.

Anyway I've no problem here, you just 'read' as being a bit angsty so I responded. No big deal. I'd personally prefer twitter remains on twitter (you're welcome to PM me if things bother you) I just don't think this forum or thread is the place for it.

Not my call to make, just an opinion mate.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:17 am

Well, it August the 1st guys! Happy new takeover to all of you...oh wait :shock: 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:20 am

Who the hell said there was any significance with 1st of August?
Mazrim
Mazrim

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:21 am

Mazrim wrote:Who the hell said there was any significance with 1st of August?

Its kinda folklore now Laughing 

Somebody on here i think.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:22 am

Mazrim wrote:Who the hell said there was any significance with 1st of August?

Someone, somewhere on the Internet haha! I've booked the day off  affraid 
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:24 am

Its like xmas without the turkey!
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:36 am

We know deep down bugger alls happening today, but we'll hope and pray just like the last 90 days or so for hopeful exciting news...:)
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:41 am

Spot on Olof
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by River Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:42 am

Just realised we gave Lowton a new contract 12 months ago. 1 year at Middlesbrough, 3 in the new bomb squad.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:31 am

This map just popped up on my Facebook page. Some of the numbers on there are just fantastic.

So Bill or Larry please.

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 JsrI6CGQ16wealthiest-person-by-state-map
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:51 am

Wouldn't say no to Sheldon or Phil either haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by River Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:57 am

Bank balance is not everything. A consortium of smart folk is better than one egotistical, flawed billionaire.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:03 am

TheEgo wrote:Wouldn't say no to Sheldon or Phil either haha!!
Oh hell yes you'd say no to Sheldon Adelson. The guy is corrupt as all get out and bordering on insanity.

Phil Knight, obviously, has problems with his company being tied in to so many other League clubs.

And f*ck right off if you want either of the Koch brothers to own Villa. They're too busy spending their billions on misguided political issues.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:07 am

Hahahaha! Love the passion. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:04 am

USVillan wrote:
And f*ck right off if you want either of the Koch brothers to own Villa. They're too busy spending their billions on misguided political issues.

What am I going to do with all the 'We want Koch!' posters I've ordered?
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Location : The Lost City: Time was on my side when I was running down the street it was so fine, fine, fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind, mind, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrshnn Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:37 am

its 2.36pm here in shanghai and still not heard a thing , i guess still early there.
probably nothing happening and we will start season as we finished despondent and fretful about the coming season.
mrshnn
mrshnn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:50 am

Well maybe we should defer this 1st August rumour thing until Monday 4th August as all the major info seems to be released on Mondays  Neutral .....If nothing else it gives us a few more days with a minuscule couple of atoms worth of hope  :) 
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:12 am

Something needs to happen …. I've just had a nervous look at our opening fixtures, and it's quite likely that we will go to Spurs for our tenth game of the season at the beginning of November with only three or four points in the bag.

If there is no buyer then Randy has to spend some money.

I'm not feeling too optimistic!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next