The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

+55
DaveAV1
avfc85
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
mefromhere
FoxyAV
KMitch
Mazrim
Villa_Dan
gdale1
B62 Villa
South London Villan
ellisout123
NARLA24
VTID85
4BetLite
WendyOz
The Great white walnut
Trotters
thegaffer6
avfcjoe
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
jeffvilla
Cha Ching
Jae1411
James_Curtis
bazzah
danclare82
EbeneezerGoode
Leafs1201
Villa Ranger
DN1982
ViewFromT2
big ming
GadgetMan
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
Mr_Spadge
Stratfordvilla
Army villain
DomAVFC
Dgrizzle7
Con
AstonThriller
Dansvilla75
villabromsgrove
gdav
Villa jimmy
Born Under The Holte End
Nath11
Saunders82
TED
Keyser Soze
fastbackace
VillaSteve
59 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:05 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Did someone say Adama?

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 BattlestarLorne-Greene-Adama_l
Adrama ?

He'd be great on the touchline though wouldn't he?
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by bazzah Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:18 pm

NARLA24 wrote:I think this last week of the transfer window could get very interesting and we will definately be involved in some more business.

Know something we don't narla?
bazzah

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:38 pm

bazzah wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:I think this last week of the transfer window could get very interesting and we will definately be involved in some more business.

Know something we don't narla?
Just a bit of info bazzah mate. Not definate but very promising.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:15 am

Is there amything in the Michu links?
South London Villan
South London Villan

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:58 am

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/08/24/roma-locked-in-talks-to-sell-adem-ljajic-to-aston-villa/231654/

Can't find any other reports to support this, anyone got any similar whispers?
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:59 am

VTID85 wrote:http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/08/24/roma-locked-in-talks-to-sell-adem-ljajic-to-aston-villa/231654/

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/roma-trattativa-avviata-con-l-aston-villa-per-ljajic-720164
http://www.calciomercato.it/news/345889/calciomercato-roma-trattativa-in-corso-per-ljajic-allaston-villa.html

No idea how legit these Italian sources are, but according to Google, they were created roughly 4 hours ago. There may be legs in this one, boys. Reports out of the blue, foreign sources, and another highly highly rated youngster who we would have thought was out of our league 5 months ago. Ljajic is only 23, which was a shock to me because I remember Man United trying to buy him in 2009. Another fantastic young talent with wonderful technical ability...

Side note: Roma's kits look f'n awesome without a sponsor on the front of them. Both home and away...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:12 am

SSN links Kozak with a move to Celtic. They can have him and racist we can have a centre half.
Stratfordvilla

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Curtis Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:42 am

I don't really understand this one as the lad is another winger. The article I am posting is a good outline of the player. Some parts are irrelevant as its about Dortmund but nonetheless a good read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2525821-strengths-and-weaknesses-of-borussia-dortmund-transfer-target-adem-ljajic

This will work if we play a 4231 with Gana and Sanchez holding and Ljajic/Grealish/Traore behind a striker. Still think we need another striker. Wonder if Remy may be available? Very much doubt it with Costa injury prone but maybe worth an enquiry. And I still go back to Austin who I think his movement off the ball will compliment Grealish's ability to find pockets of space really well.
James_Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:23 am

Ljajic isn't actually as out of the blue as it may seem. Representatives from Roma were at bodymoor heath last month to discuss both ljajic and destro but it went very quiet and then destro went to bologna so it looked dead. Hopefully narla can confirm they were there as he seems to have eyes in BMH. When United tried to sign him he was only 15 or 16 I think
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:25 am

Another winger? Happy days but I really REALLY hope that at pointy end of our ever - growing midfield is a new striker. 

What a window!
Trotters
Trotters

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:07 pm

KMitch wrote:
VTID85 wrote:http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/08/24/roma-locked-in-talks-to-sell-adem-ljajic-to-aston-villa/231654/

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/roma-trattativa-avviata-con-l-aston-villa-per-ljajic-720164
http://www.calciomercato.it/news/345889/calciomercato-roma-trattativa-in-corso-per-ljajic-allaston-villa.html

No idea how legit these Italian sources are, but according to Google, they were created roughly 4 hours ago.  There may be legs in this one, boys.  Reports out of the blue, foreign sources, and another highly highly rated youngster who we would have thought was out of our league 5 months ago.  Ljajic is only 23, which was a shock to me because I remember Man United trying to buy him in 2009.  Another fantastic young talent with wonderful technical ability...

Side note:  Roma's kits look f'n awesome without a sponsor on the front of them.  Both home and away...

Agree with you about the kit KMitch - I was just thinking how awesome that would be as a Villa away kit with a white base with claret and blue diagonal stripes - I'd buy it (especially if no sponsor - how cool would that be??!!) Scarf Waving
De Kuip
De Kuip

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:24 pm

As far as I can see - if we sign another midfielder - Tim can play his preferred formation of 2-7-1 Wink

Just need to buy the 1 up front now.............................................................
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:46 pm

Trotters wrote:Another winger? Happy days but I really REALLY hope that at pointy end of our ever - growing midfield is a new striker. 

What a window!

I think Sherwood might convert Gil into a target man if we get another winger Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 1420239857
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Depth... We looked completely toothless in the first two matches without any creativity on the field. That changed last game, with Grealish and Traore, but I still think Sherwood wants to load up those creative positions, in case we have an injury crisis. Sinclair, Ljiajic, Gil, Grealish, and Traore is a very strong group of creative players.

What about playing Sinclair up top?
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:51 pm

KMitch wrote:....Ljiajic.....

Gesundheit.
Trotters
Trotters

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:57 pm

KMitch wrote:Depth...  We looked completely toothless in the first two matches without any creativity on the field.  That changed last game, with Grealish and Traore, but I still think Sherwood wants to load up those creative positions, in case we have an injury crisis.  Sinclair, Ljiajic, Gil, Grealish, and Traore is a very strong group of creative players.

What about playing Sinclair up top?

I'm hoping sinclair plays as a stricker further into the season the sooner Gabby is benched the better.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Jae1411 wrote:Ljajic isn't actually as out of the blue as it may seem. Representatives from Roma were at bodymoor heath last month to discuss both ljajic and destro but it went very quiet and then destro went to bologna so it looked dead. Hopefully narla can confirm they were there as he seems to have eyes in BMH. When United tried to sign him he was only 15 or 16 I think
Eyes all over it Jae1411
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 238524133
Trotters wrote:
KMitch wrote:....Ljiajic.....

Gesundheit.

Lol... Hey, he'll fit right in with "Clarke" and "Guzman"
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:48 pm

The Express: "Aston Villa line up another Liverpool target..."

Seriously? That's your headline? If Liverpool were actually "targeting" any of these players, they'd actually get them, wouldn't you think? Even stories completely unrelated to Liverpool somehow are spun to keep them in the headlines. The media wankfest with them is unbelievable.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:15 pm

KMitch wrote:The Express: "Aston Villa line up another Liverpool target..."

Seriously?  That's your headline?  If Liverpool were actually "targeting" any of these players, they'd actually get them, wouldn't you think?  Even stories completely unrelated to Liverpool somehow are spun to keep them in the headlines. The media wankfest with them is unbelievable.

Pisses me off massively as well, sucking up to the bin-dippers all the time, lazy, lazy journalism.

I think they are blinded by the glare from Brendan Rodgers' teeth - I saw a documentary on the race for the atomic bomb last week and the flash from the detonation of the test bomb didn't come close.......................

Although to be fair I do like Scouse guacamole (mushy peas) with my fish & chips................... Laughing
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:27 pm

De Kuip wrote:As far as I can see - if we sign another midfielder - Tim can play his preferred formation of 2-7-1 Wink

Just need to buy the 1 up front now.............................................................

If TS sticks with Guzan I'm all for having another keeper on with him
4BetLite
4BetLite

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 13 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:46 pm

If we pull off signing Ljajic and Lescott, Sherwood will have signed an entire new team, minus a keeper this offseason

Crespo - Richards - Lescott - Amavi
Veretout - Gueye
Adama - Ljajic - Sinclair
Gestede/Ayew

I just hope they gel and and all work out soon, unlike when Di Canio and Sunderland tried this a few seasons back.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:51 pm

I'll be chuffed if we sign Ljajic, however I just hope Sherwood has a plan for a striker. With Kozak off to Celtic, Robinson on loan all season and with Gestede being a bit one-dimensional in the current setup and not to mention Flabby being useless...we will be stuffed if either get injured.

I'd like to see Ayew or Sinclair tried up front tonight with Jack, Adama and a another behind perhaps?

It's a shame we didn't pursue that Anthony Martial from Monaco, could have been a good player for us.
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:58 pm

I still think the plan is to sign Adebayor on deadline day. Pretty sure he'd bang them in for us left and right with the creativity we have in the team now. I think he wants to come to us, but Levy is playing hardball with the fee, as usual, and we'll call his bluff at the last moment.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next