The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

+55
DaveAV1
avfc85
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
mefromhere
FoxyAV
KMitch
Mazrim
Villa_Dan
gdale1
B62 Villa
South London Villan
ellisout123
NARLA24
VTID85
4BetLite
WendyOz
The Great white walnut
Trotters
thegaffer6
avfcjoe
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
jeffvilla
Cha Ching
Jae1411
James_Curtis
bazzah
danclare82
EbeneezerGoode
Leafs1201
Villa Ranger
DN1982
ViewFromT2
big ming
GadgetMan
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
Mr_Spadge
Stratfordvilla
Army villain
DomAVFC
Dgrizzle7
Con
AstonThriller
Dansvilla75
villabromsgrove
gdav
Villa jimmy
Born Under The Holte End
Nath11
Saunders82
TED
Keyser Soze
fastbackace
VillaSteve
59 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 16 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:15 am

Years of a striker without support.
Now we've got support without a striker.

That about sums it up for me. Lescott in and a striker or give Kozak a go.
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 16 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 16 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by avfc85 Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:21 am

For me our weakest positions are GK, RB, CB, ST - if we can address these in the near future we will have a decent team.
avfc85
avfc85

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:39 pm

I think we would have 8 points instead of the 4 we got, if we'd signed a proper replacement for Benteke in time for the season. Big big mistake by the.club

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:53 pm

We're certainly lacking a cutting edge and it's a big risk to hope it will come with what we already have. I'm tempted by Austin, as much in the fact I'd be worried if he went to anyone we'd regard as similar rivals, WBA for example. Afobe looks good but I've become a bit "Championship wary" recently. There's also an article linking us with Gomis from Swansea, who apparently has a £7m release clause. Opinions anyone?
DaveAV1

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:08 pm

I'd honestly give Sellars a run out as a super sub. Rather him from what I've seen than Gabby.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:25 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:There's also an article linking us with Gomis from Swansea, who apparently has a £7m release clause. Opinions anyone?

He's done something we couldn't...score against Man U to take them 2-1 up!

He'd be a good buy but cannot see it happening. Swansea need striking options since Bony left.
avfcjay

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 16 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Gomis and Ayew would make a great partnership, as proven, shame we have Jordan Ayew and not Andre.

Great second half off football from Swansea and outstanding performance once again by Andre, looks like we brought the runt of the litter.

Back to transfers; I think we will buy a striker by deadline day, just not sure if it will be Austin or Afobe, still think we will look to foreign shores for value for money.

Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:10 am

I am hopeful that our strikers will improve given another 6 to 8 games though not convinced like many on here. Everything crossed we get some in by the deadline but no.1 would be a recognised striker over a defender... although i would like to see another CB and Keeper too ideally.

The Utterer
The Utterer

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 16 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:17 pm

I'd consider Adama Dio Diomande in the Norwegian league. Pretty superb allround forward. Would play him any day infront of Gestede. Proper striker

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adama-diomande/profil/spieler/93145#ath

Just signed for Hull. Bet he will score twice the amount Gestede will do at under half the price.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Just signed for Hull. Bet he will score twice the amount Gestede will do at under half the price.

Yeah, in the fizzy pop league. How many did Gestede score in the Championship last year.....?
Not saying he wasn't a good shout Joppe - you must know that league well, but not a fair comparison really.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 16 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Twice the player Gestede is, but I see your point. Will be cool to see him in the PL in a season or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:38 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Twice the player Gestede is, but I see your point. Will be cool to see him in the PL in a season or two.

Especially if he is as good as you say and he's then playing for us - I'll award you a spotters badge for that one! Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 16 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 16 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:07 am

I put this news in the Sherwood thread. Maybe it should have been here. Reports have started to emerge about Adebayor again like this one

https://www.clubcall.com/tottenham-hotspur/adebayor-still-wanted-at-villa-1781528.html

And then this morning Spurs release this statement

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/emmanuel-adebayor-130915/?source=webgains&siteid=54264

Does this mean that he's a free agent and we could sign him up? Not sure of the rules around this.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:25 am

If we can I think we should...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by gdale1 Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:17 pm

Think he had to be a free agent in the transfer window so we could not sign him till the January window
gdale1
gdale1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Haven't we delivered a squad list to FA already?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:00 pm

To my knowledge although could be wrong free agents can besigmed and added to the squad at any time. They were saying on sky sports on deadline day that the berbatov deal wasn't urgent for that reason. However I don't know if you can remove a player from the squad list and we've registered our full 25. Maybe if we can find a championship loan home for someone like nzogbia we may be able to then sign and register adebayor in his place. But like I say not sure on the details and its all hypothetical anyway
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:32 pm

We would not be able to sign him till January but as I say he will have a number of options now he is a free agent so he'll go where the money is, which won't be us!
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:57 pm

I thought we could sign him, but not play him. This transfer system makes me confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:50 pm

And that's why we need a new fucking keeper. Whenever we need a save made he doesn't have what it takes. Pub player

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:47 pm

Joppe84 wrote:And that's why we need a new fucking keeper. Whenever we need a save made he doesn't have what it takes. Pub player

Yep, and Bunn's no better, as the Notts County game proved. However, to be fair to Bunn, we haven't seen much of him.
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum