The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

+55
DaveAV1
avfc85
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
mefromhere
FoxyAV
KMitch
Mazrim
Villa_Dan
gdale1
B62 Villa
South London Villan
ellisout123
NARLA24
VTID85
4BetLite
WendyOz
The Great white walnut
Trotters
thegaffer6
avfcjoe
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
jeffvilla
Cha Ching
Jae1411
James_Curtis
bazzah
danclare82
EbeneezerGoode
Leafs1201
Villa Ranger
DN1982
ViewFromT2
big ming
GadgetMan
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
Mr_Spadge
Stratfordvilla
Army villain
DomAVFC
Dgrizzle7
Con
AstonThriller
Dansvilla75
villabromsgrove
gdav
Villa jimmy
Born Under The Holte End
Nath11
Saunders82
TED
Keyser Soze
fastbackace
VillaSteve
59 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:57 am

Spot on, Dan. Such a statement is totally counter productive if other clubs think they can weaken Villa by offering lower prices in the knowledge that we HAVE to sell in order buy.

I don't subscribe to this. Sherwood isn't stupid. He's using the media to his advantage.
Trotters
Trotters

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by B62 Villa Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:03 am

Dan, I think there prob is a sell to buy policy, 3 games in and we have pretty much ( bar about £5m) only spent what we have brought in from sales. I just hope TS and TF realise we will still struggle without more key players coming in, perhaps the massive TV cash deal next season will force the issue and get RL to open his wallet once again, because on the evidence so far we are set for a long difficult season
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:20 am

I think if we've broken even on our buying, then given the players Sherwood and his team have brought in and the very clear excitement that these players have injected into the fans, Sherwood would have every right - and a fair bit of leverage - to say to Fox/Lerner that whilst his off-season project is complete, it counted on Gabby being the perfect striker....and he's just not.

Maybe Ayew used up a bit too much money that could have brought in someone closer to the finished article but I do think Sherwood has a good case in asking for the money to finish what has been a pretty fine job!

Time will tell.
Trotters
Trotters

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 am

We usually (I think) spend about £20m on transfers. Which means we have £15m left over if you think Lerner would do the same. If that is the case we are looking at 1 signing (Austin) or 2. 

If 2 we need to prioritise, which for me means Afobe and then either a CB or a RB. Afobe for c£8m, and then chuck £7m at Yedlin from Spurs for RB. I can't think of a CB for that money who would realistically improve us. Maybe we are thinking Afobe for £7m, a RB for $6m and Lescot as cover/experience for £2m??

I'd like us to have the money to chuck a bid in for Heaton but I just don't see it compared to other positions. Guzan is OK enough to play this season behind a solid defence
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:45 am

Rumors of Kozak to Forest.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Victor Moses? Not sure if I'm that excited by this rumour.
Still need a RB and a striker - I'm tempted to say if it's that bloody obvious to everyone on this forum and therefore likely everywhere else, why nothing? Then maybe I'm doing Tim a disservice - for all I know the club are working on those very 2 positions as I write - I guess that's a "wait and see" scenario, but I really do hope we sort something - I'd say striker is paramount, but that's pretty obvious from our displays so far.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:56 pm

Oh and I know this is for another topic, but Ciaran Clarke in the Mail saying Villa have to bounce back from the Palace defeat etc. etc. How about getting some bounce into your boots Clarke - you are allowed to jump when defending FFS. If I'd have been owned in the air by Dann, I'd have my head down quietly working on it never happening again and proving that in my subsequent displays, not flanneling off in the local rag.
I know I'm against the majority of people but I simply do not rate Clarke - not just because of Saturday, I just don't rate him - please prove me wrong Ciaran - you still make too many mistakes that cost us.
And Tim saying that the reason we came away with nothing was due to bad decision making by Amavi - oh, what about Gabby still not being able to win a one-on-one - that not cost us then Tim? Jesus.

Sorry Trotters, should be in the Villa v CP thread I know!! Very Happy
De Kuip
De Kuip

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:22 pm

I don't think the sell to buy thing is transfer fund related. It's more about wages and squad utilisation. We currently have 29 first team squad players and if we go out and buy the 4 positions mentioned above that's Squad of 33 and a good portion of them won't be used so are dead wages. If the rummours coming from Monaco are true that we have said we will pay €18m for abdennour then it can't be funds as even if we shift all the deadwood it won't cover that. I think it's purely down to wages and squad size.
Jae1411

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:00 pm

I think we have to be more patient with regard to signings, with a major overall like VILLA have and needed to go thru it takes time and is incredibly risky.

I've been mulling over this quite a bit and have come to realise that so far TS has gone through the squad changing personnel as much as he can, clearing out the rubbish but retaining  the better (but still not top quality) players and putting them on new contracts, these guys will form the back up to our future stronger squad.

Any future acquisitions must be like for like improvements, with the remainder of the dross moving out. To get top quality players in from good clubs on good contracts in very difficult so we must be patient.

Now the positive bit......... we lost to MU to a deflection and late on to CP due to a mistake. We are not far away and bare this in mind, we have not fielded our best starting lineup YET and these players are all new to each other and this league.

So its not all bad news, were a million miles better then last year, the biggest concern for me is, and I do like him, TS, the substitutions vs MU & CP were mistakes, no doubt, and he hadn't got an answer to combat CP after the break........that along with his loyalty towards a few players that should not start is the big issue for me.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:15 pm

Spot on 4Bet, that's a really good summary of our present situation.

If, and I know it's always an if, we beat Sunderland then we will have 6 points from 4 games. Those 4 games are a fair representation of a cross section of quality in the PL. I know football doesn't work this way, but for arguments sake, if we continue to get 6 points every 4 games that would give us 57 points. That would be a very acceptable return for this season.

Chuck in winning both cups and that would be ok before we fine tune the squad for our asualt on winning the league next season. :)
DaveAV1

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:44 pm

For reference, a couple of months back I said that if you take the points Sherwood's team and had won over his time in charge and multiply them out over a full season that equals 57...

And I'd be happy with that progress as I believe 57 points will equal somewhere around 12th
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:49 pm

De Kuip wrote:How about getting some bounce into your boots Clarke - you are allowed to jump when defending FFS.

He has mostly removed the hugging from his defending but this time he was doing it when he should have been a) watching the ball and b) getting to it first himself.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:57 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
De Kuip wrote:How about getting some bounce into your boots Clarke - you are allowed to jump when defending FFS.

He has mostly removed the hugging from his defending but this time he was doing it when he should have been a) watching the ball and b) getting to it first himself.

Yeah I agree Foxy - not saying he isn't improving but God those mistakes irk me! I agree with 4bet and I think he's as good as we have at present but hopefully will be a squad player when we sign someone better.

As an ex-defender who played a few years in the Premiership*, I hate to see defenders not jumping - of course, I never made a mistake when I played ha ha Very Happy Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 1420239857

* South Devon Premiership Very Happy
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:56 pm

Looks like Lescott will be the central defensive addition.

Wonder who will end up with the No.10 shirt. My money on a last minute deal for Adebayor.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:09 pm

big ming wrote:Looks like Lescott will be the central defensive addition.

Wonder who will end up with the No.10 shirt. My money on a last minute deal for Adebayor.

Agreed. I don't remember there being any official "Deal Dead" headlines after such a high profile enquiry/negotiation.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Will it be Richards and Lescott as the central pairing with Amavi left and Okore right?
Whilst Bacuna hasn't been too bad his defensive qualiy is lacking. Richards went forward a bit more on Saturday, still think Dwight Gayle would be a better optio for us than Gabby.
Palace accepted £6 mill from Bristol City, he is better than Championship.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:44 pm

South London Villan wrote:Will it be Richards and Lescott as the central pairing with Amavi left and Okore right?
Whilst Bacuna hasn't been too bad his defensive qualiy is lacking. Richards went forward a bit more on Saturday, still think Dwight Gayle would be a better optio for us than Gabby.

Good shout about Okore, Bacuna is at home okay, away from home need someone stronger and better positional sense, Gayle too 1 dimensional for me I would punt a loan deal on Remy.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:01 pm

avfc85 wrote:
South London Villan wrote:Will it be Richards and Lescott as the central pairing with Amavi left and Okore right?

Good shout about Okore, Bacuna is at home okay, away from home need someone stronger and better positional sense, Gayle too 1 dimensional for me I would punt a loan deal on Remy.

I know what you are saying but I think he will suit our style of play. He has been Palace's top goalscorer for the last 2 seasons and he only started 17 games out of 49.

He is pacey and has a good work rate, runs at defenders and gets in front of them as well. £6 mill and reasonable wages he would do better for us than Gabby is at the moment and for whatever reason TS won't play Kozak.

Ayew might come good but this boy has done it in the PL already, can't see us getting someone like Remy but reckon he would again be a good addition but his loan fee and wages would probably be out of our range for 1 season.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:10 pm

I'd take Gayle in a heartbeat. He is like Weimann with a footballing brain.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:49 pm

He caused us problems and with the pace of Sinclair, Amavi, Traore, Grealish at least he would be able to keep up with them.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:06 pm

I understand that we have deadwood to shift, but I have to stress the importance of signing another striker.

Afobe would be fine for me. If we're looking at the ten pound bucket because Lerner refuses to spend (AGAIN), then I'd consider Adama Dio Diomande in the Norwegian league. Pretty superb allround forward. Would play him any day infront of Gestede. Proper striker

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adama-diomande/profil/spieler/93145#ath

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I understand that we have deadwood to shift, but I have to stress the importance of signing another striker.

Afobe would be fine for me. If we're looking at the ten pound bucket because Lerner refuses to spend (AGAIN), then I'd consider Adama Dio Diomande in the Norwegian league. Pretty superb allround forward. Would play him any day infront of Gestede. Proper striker

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adama-diomande/profil/spieler/93145#ath

I like the name!
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:45 pm

I think this last week of the transfer window could get very interesting and we will definately be involved in some more business.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Did someone say Adama?

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 BattlestarLorne-Greene-Adama_l
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:56 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Did someone say Adama?

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 12 BattlestarLorne-Greene-Adama_l
Adrama ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next