The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+84
smetro
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
HarryAVFC
Dgrizzle7
A.V.F.C
thetrees
The Great white walnut
Isa
bakerbob
Nix999
Cha Ching
viva_la_amo
Dek of Villa
rosco77
River
Andyh
whiteensign
DelboyVilla
Poseidon
lukevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Wigteke
Sean
Gracon73
AVFClee
mefromhere
ember
thinlizzy
Army villain
South London Villan
achilles
VillaBill
prmort
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
B62 Villa
Kakacroom
jd
Saunders
Thinman
Thabucks
Chrissylee1111
jeffvilla
KMitch
Dions_Bald_Head
Peter Withe's Shin
Withes Sweatbands
NARLA24
Wookster
Morgan Villa
Saunders82
snitum
Villa jimmy
VTID85
villainjock
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
plastic
Sky
The Utterer
Dansvilla75
Dazzle
bazzah
Suits
UnclePanda
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Green Villan
avfc85
ejs1111
Mooseman
Synopsis
villabromsgrove
danclare82
AstonThriller
GadgetMan
omariqy
gdav
DaveAV1
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
jvilla
kimbo
88 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:33 pm

jvilla wrote:Either way, this guy, who is now working for us at board level, last worked for the all powerful Azeris we were linked with previously - if Randy had avoided any deal with the Azeris as had been touted as what happened, why would he then employ someone with such close links to them? Nailed on. Very Happy (at least I always think that until proven otherwise)

I'm kinda thinking Tom Fox knows this guy extremely well from his spell in norf larndun!

Little to nothing to do with potential new owners in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:40 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
jvilla wrote:Either way, this guy, who is now working for us at board level, last worked for the all powerful Azeris we were linked with previously - if Randy had avoided any deal with the Azeris as had been touted as what happened, why would he then employ someone with such close links to them? Nailed on. Very Happy (at least I always think that until proven otherwise)

I'm kinda thinking Tom Fox knows this guy extremely well from his spell in norf larndun!

Little to nothing to do with potential new owners in my opinion.
I think there was a long list of applicants for this job, and interviews took place in London a few weeks ago. CW wasn't just handed the job due to being known to TF, although it may have helped.
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Agreed Mardy, if anything I would go as far as to say this is the only guy in Baku we have been speaking to, and the fact the club has had meetings with this guy while he was working out in Azerbaijan ended up getting twisted into we're being bought by some Azeri guy.

This to me puts any links to Azeris buying the club further from the truth than they ever have been before.
Synopsis
Synopsis

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Synopsis wrote:Agreed Mardy, if anything I would go as far as to say this is the only guy in Baku we have been speaking to, and the fact the club has had meetings with this guy while he was working out in Azerbaijan ended up getting twisted into we're being bought by some Azeri guy.

This to me puts any links to Azeris buying the club further from the truth than they ever have been before.  

^^ totally this ^^

However, it will be great to see what sort of kit deals he manages to bring in for us. The Dafabet deal is up this summer, and the Macron deal at the end of next season I believe.
I wonder if we too will enjoy different shirt sponsors for cup games?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracon73 Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:10 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Agreed Mardy, if anything I would go as far as to say this is the only guy in Baku we have been speaking to, and the fact the club has had meetings with this guy while he was working out in Azerbaijan ended up getting twisted into we're being bought by some Azeri guy.

^^ totally this ^^

However, it will be great to see what sort of kit deals he manages to bring in for us. The Dafabet deal is up this summer, and the Macron deal at the end of next season I believe.
I wonder if we too will enjoy different shirt sponsors for cup games?

This weekend could put pay to that, let's hope not! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 238524133
Gracon73
Gracon73

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:44 pm

The new CCO was earning 350k at Spurs, but was sacked (we'll ignore that bit) So he's a big hitter and has a good reputation. We're thinking and acting big off the pitch, if only that transcended to on field matters. How good will these guys be in the Championship I wonder? Will Mr Fox want CEO of a Championship club on his CV? I'm waiting for this bigger plan that we all can't see to kick in.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:46 pm

This is pretty darn relevant to Lerner staying/potential buyers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31357409

Premier League TV rights: Sky and BT pay £5.1bn for live games

Sky and BT Sport will pay the Premier League £5.136bn to share live TV rights for three seasons from 2016-17.

Sky have been granted five of the seven match packages on offer, including the first Friday evening games and both Sunday packages.

Under the contract, which represents a 70% increase on Sky and BT's current deal, 168 games will be shown live, at an average cost of £10.2m.

Premier League boss Richard Scudamore refused to give details of payments.

He also said he had given no thought to the overseas rights for the same period, which have not been sold.

"Burnley are bigger economically than Ajax, which says a lot about how our league is made up," said chief executive Scudamore.

"Clubs will have to address ticket prices to make sure the stadia remain full. Maybe there will be increased hard work for the clubs."
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Clubs will have to address ticket prices to make sure the stadia remain full.

Put more football on TV but expect attendances to stay high? Is this bloke moronic - does he think we believe him? The league and Sky/BT don't care a jot for the match-going fans. Otherwise they wouldn't have Monday night games which stop some youngsters attending, or which are hundreds of miles away for away fans
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm The States they have/had a rule that only sold out games would be televised, as they recognised that a half empty ground didn't make good TV. Maybe Scudsmore is alluding to something along those lines?
DaveAV1

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:02 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm The States they have/had a rule that only sold out games would be televised, as they recognised that a half empty ground didn't make good TV. Maybe Scudsmore is alluding to something along those lines?

But the announce the TV game sometimes months in advance, because they have to move them from Saturday at 3pm. With the NFL pretty much all the teams kick off at one of two time slots on a Sunday
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Pi55ing in the wind i know but hopefully for the clubs who don't sell out every game (ie us) the relevant chairman may reduce ticket costs ?

VillaBill
VillaBill

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Good point Dan.

VB I do think there is an opportunity for a club to be bold and slash ticket prices. Managed properly and with a proper PR strategy I think financially it could even boost income.

Perhaps however it should be done because it's the right thing to do.

Football fans aren't the same as audiences of other forms of entertainment. Yes we can vote with our feet and not attend, but we can't choose to watch another team instead. If you're a theatre goer you pick and choose your performances and only go to those you like the sound of. For that reason alone, we deserve reward and respect. Football is awash with money because millions of people love the game throughout the world. Those of us who go to games are part of the theatre. We're not just passive watchers, we have a direct input into the spectacle as it unfolds. And yet the only real beneficiaries of this huge financial gain are the players, surely it's time the fans had a bit back too?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:29 pm

Agreed Dave , the "product" would be even more attractive with no empty seats, we didn't even sell out when the Champions elect were in town , admittedly we have been served up some shite this year but the gate on Saturday was poor !

the game needs the crowd , its part of the theatre !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by snitum Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:42 pm

Sceptical about the new CCO. If he wasn't good enough for spurs, and if Tom Fox wasn't good enough for arsenal, then why are they good enough for us? It seems like a whole lot of time is being wasted hiring people who aren't going to sort out how the team are playing, with the premise that we will still be in the league next season.
snitum

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 pm

In his defence - and I'm royally fucked off with Tom Fox given his comments/stance on Lambert - by coming here he was taking a better job. He was perfectly good enough for Arsenal, he did a tremendous job, but Chief Executive is a different/higher/more demanding role.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 pm

As I said before, Fox is a useless twat.
Green Villan
Green Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:26 pm

snitum wrote:Sceptical about the new CCO. If he wasn't good enough for spurs, and if Tom Fox wasn't good enough for arsenal, then why are they good enough for us? It seems like a whole lot of time is being wasted hiring people who aren't going to sort out how the team are playing, with the premise that we will still be in the league next season.

To be fair, the number of people Levy has sacked to protect himself is ridiculous so I wouldn't use that as an example. Look at the 9 different managers Levy has canned who would be good enough for us
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:30 pm

Just seen Lambert on SSN and he looks a beaten man. I think he should just resign and do himself a favour.
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Morgan Villa wrote:Just seen Lambert on SSN and he looks a beaten man. I think he should just resign and do himself a favour.

He's too stupid to be thin skinned but perhaps not too stupid to resign.

He's not going nowhere, unfortunately the club is - to the Championship.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Fox will be a good CEO for us in the long term but he needs to act quick, get some balls and tell Lerner that Lambert has to go. Bring in Sid Cowans who knows what it's like to wear the shirt and put some pride back into this club.
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:09 pm

It's odd....surely Fox won't want to be trying to sell a second-rate villa to second-rate sponsors in a second-rate league? Same with the new CCO. So they've nothing to lose by convincing Lerner to get rid of Lambert.

Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:15 pm

If we get relegated the price drops even further, surely Lerner and Fox know this? I dread to think of the type of chancers we will attract in the Championship. What on earth are they doing to our club? I'll say no more, as that's as polite I can be.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Thinman wrote:
Morgan Villa wrote:Just seen Lambert on SSN and he looks a beaten man. I think he should just resign and do himself a favour.

He's too stupid to be thin skinned but perhaps not too stupid to resign.

He's not going nowhere, unfortunately the club is - to the Championship.

He looked close to tears, i dont hate him but i have felt since halfway through last season he is not the right man to manage Aston Villa. I do believe he can goto a lower league club and build up the momentum and get them into the Premier league. I would put him in the next tier down to Warnock, Macarthy and McLeish. That is not an insult as these guys are good managers just not Premier League ones.
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 pm

GadgetMan wrote:If we get relegated the price drops even further, surely Lerner and Fox know this? I dread to think of the type of chancers we will attract in the Championship. What on earth are they doing to our club? I'll say no more, as that's as polite I can be.

I dont think he cares i think he is selling the club due to the loss in value to his children should he die. I would be interested to know US tax laws on oversees investment failures. We get relegated he writes us off and then sells us on the cheap. What ever happens it is apparent that Lerner does not give a shit about the club and that Fox is just another soundbite to make it look alright so us the punters keep on blindly spending. Sick of the whole thing if i am honest
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:10 am

Apparently RL is on holiday somewhere in the Caribbean (Barbados? Can't remember) clearly gives not an ounce of a shit. What a legacy he will leave behind. cheers Randy. Bright future indeed....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next