The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:51 pm

@mark_draper wrote:
@Dgrizzle7 wrote:
@Jamie Gray wrote:Hello all, pleasure to be amongst fellow Villa fans. It's been brought to my attention that my name was being mentioned on here, which is absolutely no problem at all, but I thought it might help if I addressed a few queries & speculations, especially at the moment with so many wild rumours regarding the future of our club.

Firstly, yes it's true that I hear various things off the record. It doesn't take a rocket science to figure out how with my father, along with the fact that my step Dad is a current football league manager. I also know a few players & ex players, but I would never claim to be ingrained into the day to day football society. I'm a normal bloke, with a normal job, 35, family etc etc. Most of the stuff I hear I never mention, or even hint at, it could result in law suits! (The stuff that doesn't make the papers is frightening). Some stuff I can't mention specifically, but I can alude to & some stuff it's neither here nor there whether I can mention it or not, and in these circumstances I've no problem sharing it with my fellow fans. With regards to Howard, he's a good guy & has become someone I'm friendly with, but in my experience he only tends to share things he's happy to be made public, so chances are if he's told me then you'll hear it too. If I'm hinting at things on Twitter, it hasn't come from him. With regards to a perfectly reasonable comment that i perhaps shouldn't be hinting if I didn't want speculation, my answer to that would be that as a fan I know how frustrating it can be at times & the genuine stress it causes wondering & worrying about our clubs future & it seems the decent thing that even if specifics can't be mentioned, to try and reflect some hope or a state of mind. It certainly wasn't to tease or to gloat, but perhaps I'm being naive? I can't deny though that I've shocked at the level of speculation following some pretty vague & indirect tweets, I'm not sure what my day job has to do with anything, but I do understand that there's a lot of folk desperate for information& clinging to any snipetts out there. It's natural & I do the same all the time, as I'm far from ITK about every little thing going on at Villa, plus the fact that nothing is certain until it's signed & sealed. Just because something doesn't happen, doesn't mean it wasn't on the cards at some point. To give an example of how difficult it can be get accurate information, on the day Randy announced he was selling my Dad was told his announcement would be that he wasn't selling. Crazy if you think about it!
Anyway, enough waffle from me, hope this in some small way explains a few things, although I still haven't confirmed if I know something or not!! Ha ha. I don't think it's particularly difficult to see that one way or another things are going to change this Summer & hopefully in a very positive way. UTV

Great read fella

Are you joking - hasn't told us anything we didn't already know.

Lets face it guys, we are doomed, and stuck with Lerner for the forseeable future!

theres no need to read this thread then is there, were doomed. unreal.

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks for clarifying Jamie Gray, hopefully we get some good news soon.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:56 pm

I'm wondering if mark_draper and Harry are actually one in the same person?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:57 pm

@ViewFromT2 wrote:I'm wondering if mark_draper and Harry are actually one in the same person?

possibly, the doom and gloom and negativity is shocking. seems to me the comments are purely for a reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:58 pm

jimbop wrote:
@ViewFromT2 wrote:Chrissylee1111 has been quiet since teasing us all the other day hasn't he?

i was thinkin exactly the same!!

Me too, I was looking forward to an update, any small crumb of hope will do.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Welcome Jamie, whatever happens this summer as far as AVFC is concerned there is one sure thing .... we will have an exciting and maybe occasionally frustrating time debating everything here on TBAR.

Feel free to post whatever's on your mind whether it be fact, opinion or just good old fashioned speculation. We keep it friendly on here so although it might get boisterous at times it should never be an unpleasant experience.

I hope this is the first of many more posts and discussions. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:03 pm

jimbop wrote:
@ViewFromT2 wrote:I'm wondering if mark_draper and Harry are actually one in the same person?

possibly, the doom and gloom and negativity is shocking.  seems to me the comments are purely for a reaction.

You guys are unbelieveable !!! Can't you see that Sherwood isobviously even worse than Lambert, he's going to let half the squad go including Benteke (who we'll preobably end up getting no money for) and sign all Conference North players. There is no takeover on the horizon and even if there were one it would be a load of English guys who have no money to spend at all so what's the point in it all ? I for one think we should paint VP black and embrace the gloom.
bruka

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:05 pm

@bruka wrote:
jimbop wrote:

possibly, the doom and gloom and negativity is shocking.  seems to me the comments are purely for a reaction.

You guys are unbelieveable !!! Can't you see that Sherwood isobviously even worse than Lambert, he's going to let half the squad go including Benteke (who we'll preobably end up getting no money for) and sign all Conference North players. There is no takeover on the horizon and even if there were one it would be a load of English guys who have no money to spend at all so what's the point in it all ? I for one think we should paint VP black and embrace the gloom.

Fishing
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:14 pm

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 498107619
@bruka wrote:
jimbop wrote:

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 498107619
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:19 pm

We'll get the team running out to the funeral march for every home game too !
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:19 pm

@ViewFromT2 wrote:
@GadgetMan wrote:We are notoriously late in revealing kit deals, nothing to see here imo

Disagree....but hey ho!

Current kit was released this time last year

Just looked we unveiled it on Father's Day, so yes not too far off! Only meant we are later in contrast to most other teams, but as you say hey ho! It's no biggie! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Are you trying to tell me Andy Grays' son is 35 ? - Jesus where have those years gone ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:26 pm

@Jamie Gray wrote:Hello all, pleasure to be amongst fellow Villa fans. It's been brought to my attention that my name was being mentioned on here, which is absolutely no problem at all, but I thought it might help if I addressed a few queries & speculations, especially at the moment with so many wild rumours regarding the future of our club.

Firstly, yes it's true that I hear various things off the record. It doesn't take a rocket science to figure out how with my father, along with the fact that my step Dad is a current football league manager. I also know a few players & ex players, but I would never claim to be ingrained into the day to day football society. I'm a normal bloke, with a normal job, 35, family etc etc. Most of the stuff I hear I never mention, or even hint at, it could result in law suits! (The stuff that doesn't make the papers is frightening). Some stuff I can't mention specifically, but I can alude to & some stuff it's neither here nor there whether I can mention it or not, and in these circumstances I've no problem sharing it with my fellow fans. With regards to Howard, he's a good guy & has become someone I'm friendly with, but in my experience he only tends to share things he's happy to be made public, so chances are if he's told me then you'll hear it too. If I'm hinting at things on Twitter, it hasn't come from him. With regards to a perfectly reasonable comment that i perhaps shouldn't be hinting if I didn't want speculation, my answer to that would be that as a fan I know how frustrating it can be at times & the genuine stress it causes wondering & worrying about our clubs future & it seems the decent thing that even if specifics can't be mentioned, to try and reflect some hope or a state of mind. It certainly wasn't to tease or to gloat, but perhaps I'm being naive? I can't deny though that I've shocked at the level of speculation following some pretty vague & indirect tweets, I'm not sure what my day job has to do with anything, but I do understand that there's a lot of folk desperate for information& clinging to any snipetts out there. It's natural & I do the same all the time, as I'm far from ITK about every little thing going on at Villa, plus the fact that nothing is certain until it's signed & sealed. Just because something doesn't happen, doesn't mean it wasn't on the cards at some point. To give an example of how difficult it can be get accurate information, on the day Randy announced he was selling my Dad was told his announcement would be that he wasn't selling. Crazy if you think about it!
Anyway, enough waffle from me, hope this in some small way explains a few things, although I still haven't confirmed if I know something or not!! Ha ha. I don't think it's particularly difficult to see that one way or another things are going to change this Summer & hopefully in a very positive way. UTV

Cheers for that clarification mate, good to have you on TBAR.....Now we've enticed you hear, you should stick around and fret and speculate with the rest of us ha!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3769219917 Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:29 pm

@mark_draper wrote:
@Dgrizzle7 wrote:

Great read fella

Are you joking - hasn't told us anything we didn't already know.

Lets face it guys, we are doomed, and stuck with Lerner for the forseeable future!

A 'great read' isn't purely determined by what you've gleaned by way of ITK to be fair mate. Many things make a post a great read. People that think we're doomed may see yours as a great read Very Happy Horses for courses haha!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:29 pm

@ViewFromT2 wrote:Chrissylee1111 has been quiet since teasing us all the other day hasn't he?

But if he doesn't know the name of the bidder, then your going to look a bit daft drip feeding updates that aren't really updates.

Personally when bona fide info leaks out - it tends to grow - that story hasn't. I don't beleive we will hear any more of it. Hope I m wrong - cos things are looking grim.

I kinda hope Rany announce the new chairman - and does his 'planning for next season speech' - at least we know where we are.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:30 pm

jimbop wrote:

Apologies for having an opinion.

Things aren't rosy at VP. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

We didn't attract a top, top manager for a reason. Not that I'm unhappy with Sherwood, far from it, but we have to be realistic here. Sherwood was never going to turn down the chance to manage Aston Villa.

We need massive changes and with the likes of Vlaar, Cleverley and Benteke seemingly on their way out - that would suggest nothing is immenent from changing. That's not doom & gloom, it's just being realistic.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:32 pm

@smetro wrote:Are you trying to tell me Andy Grays' son is 35 ? - Jesus where have those years gone ?

Doesn't look a day over either AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 498107619
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:35 pm

@mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

We didn't attract a top, top manager for a reason. Not that I'm unhappy with Sherwood, far from it, but we have to be realistic here. Sherwood was never going to turn down the chance to manage Aston Villa.

We need massive changes and with the likes of Vlaar, Cleverley and Benteke seemingly on their way out - that would suggest nothing is immenent from changing. That's not doom & gloom, it's just being realistic.

I agree with most of what you say.

However wouldn't things improve if we had an owner who knew how to run a football club ? - Granted it wouldn't be a spectactular, but look at the job Peace has done at WBA. An owner who provides nominal funds with a degree of footballing nous would be a step in the right direction.....and in time thats what I am expecting. I don't expect anything this summer.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:36 pm

@mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Your opinion is very welcome, it's just a gentle ribbing mate, it is a tad apocalyptic isn't it?! I can see how and why you think the way you do, I just don't share your view. It's the 6th June and a long time to go before we need to see it as 'rats jumping off a sinking ship' imo At least with your mindset you'll be in for a nice surprise and not bitter disappointment like some of us.....See a positive out of a negative ha! Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:38 pm

@mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Unfortunately your comments are realistic given the current state of play at Villa.

The reason why your view is unpopular (imo) is probably because a number of us worry that you're right, which doesn't fit in with our need to be optimistic that we will finally get things right.

We've had five terrible seasons with relegation being an imminent threat. As fan's it is almost impossible to accept that things could be as bad again if not worse next season. We HAVE to believe that a Billionaire will not continue to be suicidally stupid with the future of the club that we love! We have to get it right!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:40 pm

@smetro wrote:
@mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

However wouldn't things improve if we had an owner who knew how to run a football club ? - Granted it wouldn't be a spectactular, but look at the job Peace has done at WBA. An owner who provides nominal funds with a degree of footballing nous would be a step in the right direction.....and in time thats what I am expecting. I don't expect anything this summer.

I agree, we don't need billions (although it would be nice) We need a savvy owner with steady investment and a knowledgeable board and manager etc! If I had to stick a quid on one name that's already been mentioned to deliver that I'd say Bob Rich. He was linked many times last summer, has business here and his jet was recently in Southampton when Villa were playing (and in Birmingham a few times last year, but then he owns a business in Kidderminster, so could be nothing) to mean he seems like the type of guy we will realistically get and would probably be ok with all the above.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:45 pm

@smetro wrote:
@mark_draper wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Peace isn't great at all. He's deeply disliked by the Albion fans I know, and since he's been chairman in 2002 they've been relegated, promoted, relegated, promoted, relegated, promoted, relegated, promoted, and has gone through 9 managers in 13 years. This is the longest they've stayed in the top flight and he's selling up on the back off it!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:45 pm

No, I am still here and will stick with what my friend said. Trust me, I have been very pessimistic when it comes to the takeover in the past, but I honestly now believe we are sold.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:47 pm

@Chrissylee1111 wrote:No, I am still here and will stick with what my friend said. Trust me, I have been very pessimistic when it comes to the takeover in the past, but I honestly now believe we are sold.
AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:49 pm

@Chrissylee1111 wrote:No, I am still here and will stick with what my friend said. Trust me, I have been very pessimistic when it comes to the takeover in the past, but I honestly now believe we are sold.

Glad you still here bud...and yes, I had a flick through your history (sorry....always suspicious I am!)...and yes, you have been 100% consistent in your view, until this week!

I really really hope you're right and your arsenal supporting mate isn't on the wind up...which is a possibility in reality.

Last edited by ViewFromT2 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum