The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+84
smetro
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
HarryAVFC
Dgrizzle7
A.V.F.C
thetrees
The Great white walnut
Isa
bakerbob
Nix999
Cha Ching
viva_la_amo
Dek of Villa
rosco77
River
Andyh
whiteensign
DelboyVilla
Poseidon
lukevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Wigteke
Sean
Gracon73
AVFClee
mefromhere
ember
thinlizzy
Army villain
South London Villan
achilles
VillaBill
prmort
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
B62 Villa
Kakacroom
jd
Saunders
Thinman
Thabucks
Chrissylee1111
jeffvilla
KMitch
Dions_Bald_Head
Peter Withe's Shin
Withes Sweatbands
NARLA24
Wookster
Morgan Villa
Saunders82
snitum
Villa jimmy
VTID85
villainjock
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
plastic
Sky
The Utterer
Dansvilla75
Dazzle
bazzah
Suits
UnclePanda
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Green Villan
avfc85
ejs1111
Mooseman
Synopsis
villabromsgrove
danclare82
AstonThriller
GadgetMan
omariqy
gdav
DaveAV1
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
jvilla
kimbo
88 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:05 am

jd wrote:With the Paul Allen rumours out the window, I'm starting to doubt the chances of an Azeri takeover too based on this from Jonny Gould (the origin of the Azeri rumour):

https://twitter.com/jonnygould/status/559991519734931456
That's the problem with Twitter, rumours gather momentum with no factual basis. Twitter is great from a fun perspective, but often we try to build Palaces out of a handful of dust.
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by kimbo Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:09 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
jd wrote:With the Paul Allen rumours out the window, I'm starting to doubt the chances of an Azeri takeover too based on this from Jonny Gould (the origin of the Azeri rumour):

https://twitter.com/jonnygould/status/559991519734931456
That's the problem with Twitter, rumours gather momentum with no factual basis. Twitter is great from a fun perspective, but often we try to build Palaces out of a handful of dust.
Villa have been doing that for the past 4 seasons  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:44 am

No sale on the cards and a Re-Energised Randy Lerner, time to sh*t or get of the pot Lerner. PROVE IT, or get your mothpieces to stop saying it.

Words are cheap. Action speaks much louder. SHOW us you're re-energised....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:48 am

I think I must be almost in a minority of one when I say that I'm looking forward to seeing what RL/TF's plan for AVFC evolves into. I quite like the idea of an "organically" grown Villa with a sound platform for sustained improvement.

I think the chances of a super rich takeover are practically non existent, so I'll settle for a year on year improvement plan if and when it's fully explained to us, and as long as it's feasible.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:55 am

villabromsgrove wrote:I think I must be almost in a minority of one when I say that I'm looking forward to seeing what RL/TF's plan for AVFC evolves into. I quite like the idea of an "organically" grown Villa with a sound platform for sustained improvement.

I think the chances of a super rich takeover are practically non existent, so I'll settle for a year on year improvement plan if and when it's fully explained to us, and as long as it's feasible.  
I don't think you're the only one, I think most of us just want something more concrete from the club, and more evidence that RL is actually doing something. I don't buy that Lambert has had nothing to work with but certainly more investment is needed, and it shouldn't have to be anything that will 'hurt the club' (as Lambert keeps saying) to be helpful and showing intent.

I for one don't believe that a couple more signings in the Sanchez/Gil/Okore level of fees should be anything that is too much to ask, and while wages may be an issue for some players, I'm sure there'll be other options where it won't be.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Twitter is just digital chinese whispers.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:25 pm

kimbo wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I think I must be almost in a minority of one when I say that I'm looking forward to seeing what RL/TF's plan for AVFC evolves into. I quite like the idea of an "organically" grown Villa with a sound platform for sustained improvement.

I don't think you're the only one, I think most of us just want something more concrete from the club, and more evidence that RL is actually doing something. I don't buy that Lambert has had nothing to work with but certainly more investment is needed, and it shouldn't have to be anything that will 'hurt the club' (as Lambert keeps saying) to be helpful and showing intent.

I for one don't believe that a couple more signings in the Sanchez/Gil/Okore level of fees should be anything that is too much to ask, and while wages may be an issue for some players, I'm sure there'll be other options where it won't be.

I agree Kimbo, we do need to see more concrete evidence of Randy's "new found" commitment to Villa, and a couple more key signings would be a very good indicator.

Ever since Randy made his For Sale statement back in May, it's been next to impossible for a Villa fan to do anything but accept the hiatus while waiting for a new owner. It's been a curious period of being in Limbo or suspended animation. AVFC should have communicated a lot better than they have done about our future plans during this period, so that we could forget about waiting for a rich sugar daddy or a fairy godmother and get back to the reality of accepting the status quo.

RL/TF/PL's plan is probably not what a lot of fans want, but it looks like it's what is actually going to happen .... so just this once Villa, why not come out and confirm it so we can all get back to supporting Villa in our own way, rather than being swayed every other day by some new groundless Twitter rumour.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Well that's that then Laughing

I am clinging to the hope that we stay up this season, then with contracts for several players, who are clogging the wage bill with zero coming back the other way, such as Bent, Herd, Nzogbia, Given and i'm sure i've missed one or two...leaving finally we are able to start manouvering as we should be in the transfer market this summer.

I mean how much in wages do that little lot take up?

Then we may of course move a few fringe players on like Lowton, Enda Stevens etc as well as losing Vlaar probably.. this will further create space on the wage bill and lets not forget in the squad! We are afterall limited to a certain number of players ..What is it 25?

So all in all this would create space in the squad for maybe 6 to 10 players!! And a hefty chunk of space on the wage bill too!

Now couple this with the second influx of big TV money and the fact the club is by all accounts now self sufficient and you can maybe see why Delph is so positive about the future! I do believe this is the summer the club has been awaiting.

Why would Randy leave at this juncture?! Doesn't make sense to me. I think this is what TF has maybe realised, he sees the huge opportunity ahead, has highlighted it to Randy hence his becoming re energised etc...

If this is the case a HUGE summer is coming up but we must stay in the division of course!

Scarf Waving

The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Sounds great and is all well and good, BUT we need some visual evidence of that now. IF RL is re-energised, he needs to come put and say so himself and explain the farcical statement he put out last summer. Getting TF and PL to keep saying it means nothing. How are we re-energised? Purely because we have a new CEO with a plan? We had a 5 year plan 8 years ago. Look where that got us...I'm not knocking your words, I too love the idea of doing it three right way, but what is it and how are we going to do it? Time for Randy RL speak or show us. I'm sick of all the rhetoric coming out of VP Whilst seemingly everything stays the same. Re-energised? When was the last time he was here? October? November?

We've heard both Tom fox and Delph say there's a big future for us, well what is it? All I see is the same crap each week with lovely wooly words and little action to bsck it up. SHOW US Randy. Rant over
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:53 pm

The Utterer wrote:Well that's that then Laughing

I am clinging to the hope that we stay up this season, then with contracts for several players, who are clogging the wage bill with zero coming back the other way, such as Bent, Herd, Nzogbia, Given and i'm sure i've missed one or two...leaving finally we are able to start manouvering as we should be in the transfer market this summer.

I mean how much in wages do that little lot take up?

Then we may of course move a few fringe players on like Lowton, Enda Stevens etc as well as losing Vlaar probably.. this will further create space on the wage bill and lets not forget in the squad! We are afterall limited to a certain number of players ..What is it 25?

So all in all this would create space in the squad for maybe 6 to 10 players!! And a hefty chunk of space on the wage bill too!

Now couple this with the second influx of big TV money and the fact the club is by all accounts now self sufficient and you can maybe see why Delph is so positive about the future! I do believe this is the summer the club has been awaiting.

Why would Randy leave at this juncture?! Doesn't make sense to me. I think this is what TF has maybe realised, he sees the huge opportunity ahead, has highlighted it to Randy hence his becoming re energised etc...

If this is the case a HUGE summer is coming up but we must stay in the division of course!

Scarf Waving

Top post! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3769219917

I think you've covered everything that RL/TF/PL are currently thinking and planning for, and with the recent quality additions (Sanchez and Gil) it gives us hope that we're at last identifying, targeting and signing quality players. Hopefully there will be more of this in the summer. All we've got to do is survive! Gulp!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Not sure why so many people really believe we may go down...we are a far better side than we were a year ago....and more so than the year before. Add to that the fact there are several very poor sides below us, I just don't see relegation being possible this season.
In fact, I would go so far as to say Newcastle are more likely to go down than we are, looking at he uncertainty up there, they blow up every year anyway....so if/when it happens this year, they ain't out of danger yet...
Hull, Burnley, Leicester, Sunderland. QPR, West Brom, Newcastle, Crystal Palace and quite possibly Everton will all finish below us in my opinion.

edit: and if the stories emerging from Stoke are true, and Bojan is out for the season....we will most likely catch them aswell!

edit 2: After the next 2 games we have 6 games that I consider 'winnable'. we are more than capable of picking up 10-14 points from those 6 games which will take all the pressure of the tough fixtures in April.

Last edited by Mardybum72 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:Not sure why so many people really believe we may go down...we are a far better side than we were a year ago....and more so than the year before. Add to that the fact there are several very poor sides below us, I just don't see relegation being possible this season.
In fact, I would go so far as to say Newcastle are more likely to go down than we are, looking at he uncertainty up there, they blow up every year anyway....so if/when it happens this year, they ain't out of danger yet...
Hull, Burnley, Leicester, Sunderland. QPR, West Brom, Newcastle, Crystal Palace and quite possibly Everton will all finish below us in my opinion.

edit: and if the stories emerging from Stoke are true, and Bojan is out for the season....we will most likely catch them aswell!
Personally, I think it's mostly a lack of goals. If we can sort that and keep doing a reasonable defensive job then we should - should! - be swimming in the dull-but-much-more-pleasant-than-a-relegation-dogfight waters of mid-table mediocrity.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by plastic Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:50 pm

kimbo wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:Not sure why so many people really believe we may go down...we are a far better side than we were a year ago....and more so than the year before. Add to that the fact there are several very poor sides below us, I just don't see relegation being possible this season.

Personally, I think it's mostly a lack of goals. If we can sort that and keep doing a reasonable defensive job then we should - should! - be swimming in the dull-but-much-more-pleasant-than-a-relegation-dogfight waters of mid-table mediocrity.

Whether or not we're playing better football or are a 'better side' we simply don't score enough, which means we won't win games which means we'll go down if this doesn't change. I rather play terrible football and grind out wins that lovely passing football that pleasing to the eye and not win. Although they're miles ahead of us look at Arsenal. Its beautiful stuff they play but I'd rather be a Chelsea fan and know I'm likely to win the league even if its not exciting. Obviously, these are rubbish comparisons but goals are what matter and we've only got 11 in the PL....that's a bloody calamity!!
plastic

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Goals win games, simple as. If we adopted this attitude then we would probably be in the top 10. It seem that we are afraid to hit a ball from out side the box. I have said to my lad many a time if we had 20 shots on goal and one goes in, then we have a chance of winning 1 -0
Gil showed us that on Sunday, two strikes one goal. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Fabian Delph: "Fabian Delph wants to take Aston Villa to Champions League"

I'm assuming he has received a nice hefty signing on bonus and can now afford to buy each the first team squad a ticket for the final this year. Top man!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 1815562058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:44 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:Fabian Delph: "Fabian Delph wants to take Aston Villa to Champions League"

I'm assuming he has received a nice hefty signing on bonus and can now afford to buy each the first team squad a ticket for the final this year. Top man!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 1815562058

where it say this mardy??? also, in his interview he did say lets just finish this season.....

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:15 pm

jimbop wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:Fabian Delph: "Fabian Delph wants to take Aston Villa to Champions League"

where it say this mardy??? also, in his interview he did say lets just finish this season.....

Like just had to finish last season and the season before that and the one before that etc etc! That's the only pattern I see hear. Tom Fox can be a commercial mastermind, but the reality is, until we're a damn sight better on the pitch (where is all really matters most) then we're going nowhere fast. It's whether between RL and TF they have the football knowledge prowess to make the right decsions that benefit on field fortunes. Another big summer awaits, how many years have we been saying that for now?

I personally think we will survivem but let me paint you a scenario. We just survive ie safety is assured last few weeks, thus meaning the board pull the trigger and fire the useless buffoon and we rebuild OR we are a little more comfortable than that and do it with a month or so to spare and finish 13/14th and then the board see enough to keep PL, what do you choose?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:18 pm

I don't think that RL/TF will sack PL even if we're relegated GM. They have a plan and it involves Paul Lambert. In fact his total control over football and coaching will mean that he has a say in decision making, even if and when a DoF is appointed (strangely to oversee non football related areas).
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:44 pm

If Lerner is so re-energised why can't he be bothered to turn up and watch the team, the sooner this complete and utter clown sells up and disappears in to thin air the better.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:53 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I don't think that RL/TF will sack PL even if we're relegated GM. They have a plan and it involves Paul Lambert. In fact his total control over football and coaching will mean that he has a say in decision making, even if and when a DoF is appointed (strangely to oversee non football related areas).

IF he takes us down, then he would have failed, simple! Mcleish was sacked for far less. IF we as fans allow that scenario to happen then we deserve what we get imo. "Settling" as we are, is playing right into RL's hands. He needs to see a united and 're-energised' (I'm sure I've heard that somewhere) fan base... Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Couldn't agree more GM.
Green Villan
Green Villan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:12 am

Given herd Stevens Lowton luna sylla tonev n,zogbia Bennett bent could possibly clear some wages up in the summer for signings compare to this year
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:43 am

TF coming out again and saying that he can't see RL selling just yet.

Shows how much anyone actually knows about what is going on re the sale of the club. Lots of rumours on here and other places that a sale had been agreed for the summer. Everything at the moment points to the opposite.
omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:56 am

Tom Fox has confirmed our worst fears in an article on the BBC, Lambert is going nowhere and nor is Randy, who he he states is not a motivated seller, and is having fun with AVFC, between them they see a common goal.
Unfortunately for the fans, our goals are different, we want success on the football pitch, we want a decent team that gives it also and actually challenges more than relegation, all these carpetbaggers are interested in is feathering their own nests, Randy isn't re energised, his bank balance is with the sky money, which rolls in every year to the tune of £70m and upwards.
This means we will continue along this path, which won't lead us anywhere but the championship within the next three years
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:57 am

Tom Fox in interview today basically saying Randy is currently not a willing seller, that the statement made last May was more or less a reaction to feeling down!
Dazzle
Dazzle

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next