The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+84
smetro
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
HarryAVFC
Dgrizzle7
A.V.F.C
thetrees
The Great white walnut
Isa
bakerbob
Nix999
Cha Ching
viva_la_amo
Dek of Villa
rosco77
River
Andyh
whiteensign
DelboyVilla
Poseidon
lukevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Wigteke
Sean
Gracon73
AVFClee
mefromhere
ember
thinlizzy
Army villain
South London Villan
achilles
VillaBill
prmort
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
B62 Villa
Kakacroom
jd
Saunders
Thinman
Thabucks
Chrissylee1111
jeffvilla
KMitch
Dions_Bald_Head
Peter Withe's Shin
Withes Sweatbands
NARLA24
Wookster
Morgan Villa
Saunders82
snitum
Villa jimmy
VTID85
villainjock
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
plastic
Sky
The Utterer
Dansvilla75
Dazzle
bazzah
Suits
UnclePanda
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Green Villan
avfc85
ejs1111
Mooseman
Synopsis
villabromsgrove
danclare82
AstonThriller
GadgetMan
omariqy
gdav
DaveAV1
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
jvilla
kimbo
88 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:16 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:NARLA, spot on with your "Randy flying in Thursday" info. The Daily Mail will be hanging on your every word now! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3769219917
Yeah, was spot on mate. A little bird told me.

These journos love scouring forums for 'their' news. I didn't post it on Twitter for that reason. Spot on matey. Apparently flew out to Paris now. What's there I wonder (other than nice shops and restaurants)

VB remember RL set up a company for the purchase of AV. Could it be that the other jet was........nah! Haha!! I'm dying to know what's happening. So nosey!
Seems to be quite a lot going on matey.

Yep, I think we may see news in the next few weeks (if not sooner) just a case of hoping RL cements his legacy by selling to the right individuals now.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:46 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:NARLA, spot on with your "Randy flying in Thursday" info. The Daily Mail will be hanging on your every word now! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3769219917
Yeah, was spot on mate. A little bird told me.

These journos love scouring forums for 'their' news. I didn't post it on Twitter for that reason. Spot on matey. Apparently flew out to Paris now. What's there I wonder (other than nice shops and restaurants)

VB remember RL set up a company for the purchase of AV. Could it be that the other jet was........nah! Haha!! I'm dying to know what's happening. So nosey!
Seems to be quite a lot going on matey.

Yep, I think we may see news in the next few weeks (if not sooner) just a case of hoping RL cements his legacy by selling to the right individuals now.

If Lerner sells to a "GOOD" buyer, it'll be the first time he's made a correct decision. Worrying isn't it! Very Happy
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:55 pm

So if his Jets off to Paris is there anyway of checking if any of the possible buyers have connections or planes also going there? Maybe he's sent his Jet to pick them up on the sly whilst he takes the spotlight away to VP or Bodymoor Heath Popcorn
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:09 pm

Lots of names being thrown out there. Some we have heard from before ,some are new. Seems Journo's are getting their knickers in a twist.
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:07 pm

jvilla wrote:
South London Villan wrote:Any rumours with the Cruise Ship guy floating about this time?

IT WAS DEFINITELY HIM IN THAT PHOTO!!!!

I haven't let go of that one. A quick google and in Feb our Micky was still selling shares

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2015/02/articles/executives/micky-arison-sells-433700000-worth-of-carnival-stock/

Could it be him?

ha ha ha how fookin funny would it be if it was

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:32 pm

I still like VB's Usamaov (is that how its' spelt?) theory of last summer. Even more plausible now Fox is here and it was him that told him to join us. Maybe now Tom has his feet under the table and his the inside scoop, he's convinced him to make a bid, maybe the plan all along haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:32 pm

What do we think of Randy's flying visit? Four hours doing what? Then off to Paris for some serious shopping! It's interesting rather than exciting at the moment. Roll on Saturday when we've got some proper football to talk about. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Just a couple of baseless throwaway comments (like most of my posts Very Happy ). Since Tom Fox came to Villa I've often wondered whether he was chatting up Qatar Airlines as major sponsors. With the World Cup in Qatar in 2022 it kind of makes sense.

Here's where it get's a bit daft .... Randy has flown to Paris, and Qatar Sports Investments own Paris St Germain. Just saying!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:19 pm

I really want to get on board with the takeover, could someone please tell me what information has been supplied and by who?
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:34 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I really want to get on board with the takeover, could someone please tell me what information has been supplied and by who?
None and no one Chrissylee.

All we're doing is having a bit of fun with the newspapers attempts to attract attention.

The only verifiably correct bit of info was that supplied by our very own Narla on Tuesday, when he told us that Randy would be flying in today. As I've said before no one knows for sure what's happening but when has that ever stopped us having fun speculating? Moxey and Percy may be right, but there is absolutely nothing to back it up at the moment.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:02 pm

I said before that Usmanov probably wouldn't happen just because it's too good to be true. But on paper it's easy to make an argument that it could be true. Now that Tom Fox is here, it's even easier to do so.

If we win the cup and end up in Europe then we do have a bit of an issue with FFP being stricter than if we're not in Europe, however either way we clearly need a forward-thinking board that can make the most of every last revenue opportunity out there. Tom Fox is leading that already and I just hope we can get to the forefront of commercial creativity, because we need every last bloody penny we can get!
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:19 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:I really want to get on board with the takeover, could someone please tell me what information has been supplied and by who?
None and no one Chrissylee.

All we're doing is having a bit of fun with the newspapers attempts to attract attention.

The only verifiably correct bit of info was that supplied by our very own Narla on Tuesday, when he told us that Randy would be flying in today. As I've said before no one knows for sure what's happening but when has that ever stopped us having fun speculating? Moxey and Percy may be right, but there is absolutely nothing to back it up at the moment.

Dont think they aloud to own 2 clubs?!
lukevilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:28 am

Just to throw my own 2 bobs worth in. My eldest lad used to work for Meryll Lynch and is best mates with a guy working on the Villa deal. The last info I had a couple of days ago is that there are interested parties but nothing has been agreed. Who these ' Interested parties' are is a very closely guarded secret. I've just re-read that and vote for it in the Most pointless post of all time poll. Sorry, I'll get me coat
The Great white walnut
The Great white walnut

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:08 am

At least there are parties looking. New TV money and 25% off the original price might (SHOULD) make Villa very attractive.

I wonder, should we win the FA Cup final, if Lerner will sign off on a deal AFTER the game thus being able to leave a legacy of his own that has some value.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Truth is the press know very little, they've only just caught on to the fact that RL's home is part of the retail package (I knew that and had actual physical evidence of it a YEAR ago) So they are been fed little scraps and trying to fill in the many blanks themselves.

This is what I know, this time (almost last year) RL would have accepted a bid of 150m this was LAST year, that included the club, the ground, BMH, players etc and his home, not much has changed, he still wants roughly that, accept now I think interested parties can bid knowing most of the hard work has been done (the debt reduction) and there is real light ahead and a much better infrastructure in place.

In short we are far better value for 150 million than we were this time last year, hence the *speculated* solid interest and reports of due diligence, I'm not at all surprised and fully expect to see us sold in May (ish)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:52 am

One thing that may or may not be relevant is that Randy Lerner's jet arrived directly from California, not a regular point of origin for him. So if the 'talks' are the highest priority on his agenda at the moment, they may have taken place there.
Its departure to Paris may have been without him, as it may have gone for a check, or even assessment for resale, although I didn't see it on any reports from there, and in theory it would be back to get him, and it hasn't been back.
thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:21 am

Do people think a sale will still happen if we go down?? Surely Lerner wouldn't want to take that much of a hit to his wallet??
gdav
gdav

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:12 am

Still don't think anything will happen till the summer, when everything will be sorted one way or another.
Scenarios may be put into place for certain eventualities so that the process can be sorted as quickly as possible once the season ends.
achilles
achilles

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:33 am

I think also that every game we lose, therefore increasing the odds on relegation, makes any sale less viable and probable. There's every possibility that Lerner will have a Championship club on his hands that no one will want to buy.
Thinman
Thinman

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:57 am

Maybe. Or maybe the buyers are looking at a solid club with healthy foundations & some good assets & look at a long term investment which, if we go down merely affects the price.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:43 pm

What do people think the price difference between a Premiership Club and a Championship Club is?

Villa are supposedly valued as £150 million as a Premiership Club, so what is it valued as a Championship Club?

It is interesting as I am just wondering what Villa have riding on us staying up?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:53 pm

thetrees wrote:One thing that may or may not be relevant is that Randy Lerner's jet arrived directly from California, not a regular point of origin for him. So if the 'talks' are the highest priority on his agenda at the moment, they may have taken place there.
Its departure to Paris may have been without him, as it may have gone for a check, or even assessment for resale, although I didn't see it on any reports from there, and in theory it would be back to get him, and it hasn't been back.
Thanks trees, it's interesting that Randy flew from California. Anything different adds a little bit of extra hope. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:21 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
thetrees wrote:One thing that may or may not be relevant is that Randy Lerner's jet arrived directly from California, not a regular point of origin for him. So if the 'talks' are the highest priority on his agenda at the moment, they may have taken place there.
Thanks trees, it's interesting that Randy flew from California. Anything different adds a little bit of extra hope. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3769219917

Yeah thanks Trees, it's always good to get info on RL and where he's come from going too, all adds to the general fn for us wannabe Sherlock Holmes 8)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:50 pm

said to the mrs last night its a massive game for villa tomorrow, her reply was" youve been saying for the last 3 years nearly every game for villa is massive! says it all really dont it!

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:56 pm

jimbop wrote:said to the mrs last night its a massive game for villa tomorrow, her reply was" youve been saying for the last 3 years nearly every game for villa is massive! says it all really dont it!
Ha, yeah. It's true though, it feels like for the past 4/5 years, every 2-3 weeks from about February onwards we've got 'our biggest game in years'  :shock:
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next