The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+84
smetro
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
HarryAVFC
Dgrizzle7
A.V.F.C
thetrees
The Great white walnut
Isa
bakerbob
Nix999
Cha Ching
viva_la_amo
Dek of Villa
rosco77
River
Andyh
whiteensign
DelboyVilla
Poseidon
lukevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Wigteke
Sean
Gracon73
AVFClee
mefromhere
ember
thinlizzy
Army villain
South London Villan
achilles
VillaBill
prmort
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
B62 Villa
Kakacroom
jd
Saunders
Thinman
Thabucks
Chrissylee1111
jeffvilla
KMitch
Dions_Bald_Head
Peter Withe's Shin
Withes Sweatbands
NARLA24
Wookster
Morgan Villa
Saunders82
snitum
Villa jimmy
VTID85
villainjock
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
plastic
Sky
The Utterer
Dansvilla75
Dazzle
bazzah
Suits
UnclePanda
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Green Villan
avfc85
ejs1111
Mooseman
Synopsis
villabromsgrove
danclare82
AstonThriller
GadgetMan
omariqy
gdav
DaveAV1
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
jvilla
kimbo
88 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:31 am

GadgetMan wrote:All good points lads...

Anyone got time to do some digging to see how far this supposed interest in Southampton went and why it ended? That may reveal a little more about the man and his ideas of a club.

Seen reference to his "dedication to preserving history" on Forbes....perhaps, just perhaps, the fact that we are co-founders of the football league, playing in an historic stadium and are a club with a rich history and tradition, we may just appeal to this guy!

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:35 am

Mardybum72 wrote:

Anyone got time to do some digging to see how far this supposed interest in Southampton went and why it ended? That may reveal a little more about the man and his ideas of a club.

Seen reference to his "dedication to preserving history" on Forbes....perhaps, just perhaps, the fact that we are co-founders of the football league, playing in an historic stadium and are a club with a rich history and tradition, we may just appeal to this guy!

not getting my hopes up again but i do feel there could well be something in this paul allen link. like the comments you found mardy, many many things about us seem to fit allens interests. claret blue army!

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:37 am

jimbop wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:

not getting my hopes up again but i do feel there could well be something in this paul allen link.  like the comments you found mardy, many many things about us seem to fit allens interests.  claret blue army!

Certainly will not get carried away...I was hooked in a few times last year....this rumour already files in the "too good to be true" folder!

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:37 am

I'm in a strange place with this rumour. On paper I'm going with it more any of last summers rumours. But I was quite disappointed that nothing materialised last summer, so I'm struggling to get any sort of hopes up now.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:38 am

Mardybum72 wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:

not getting my hopes up again but i do feel there could well be something in this paul allen link.  like the comments you found mardy, many many things about us seem to fit allens interests.  claret blue army!

Certainly will not get carried away...I was hooked in a few times last year....this rumour already files in the "too good to be true" folder!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:43 am

Nah - you've got to go full throttle and throw all your emotions into the glorious possibility that AVFC will be back at the top table. A life not lived is not worth living and all that. Plus it provides a good excuse to drink.
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:44 am

jvilla wrote:Nah - you've got to go full throttle and throw all your emotions into the glorious possibility that AVFC will be back at the top table. A life not lived is not worth living and all that. Plus it provides a good excuse to drink.

good shout geeza

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:00 pm

The Allen link just seems plausible, so I'm willing to trust it a little more. We have a guy who already owns sports teams, by all accounts has a lot in common with Lerner in respects to their methods of ownership (Allen doesn't often open his mouth without good cause from what I've read), and would know Lerner - all NFL owners meet numerous times a year to discuss rules, ownership issues etc.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Bit off topic as regards the take over, but I keep seeing articles saying Lambert is in the market for a striker?? I've not seen us linked with one! Any rumours flying around?
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:14 pm

thegaffer6 wrote:Bit off topic as regards the take over, but I keep seeing articles saying Lambert is in the market for a striker?? I've not seen us linked with one! Any rumours flying around?

None specific...but the one's we have are she-ite, so makes sense!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:25 pm

thegaffer6 wrote:Bit off topic as regards the take over, but I keep seeing articles saying Lambert is in the market for a striker?? I've not seen us linked with one! Any rumours flying around?

only one ive seen/heard about is hes trying to bring back ian ormandroyd http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/horror_hair/168613/friday-flashback-20-magnificent-assorted-vintage-football-stickers-vol-39.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:47 pm

jimbop wrote:

only one ive seen/heard about is hes trying to bring back ian ormandroyd http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/horror_hair/168613/friday-flashback-20-magnificent-assorted-vintage-football-stickers-vol-39.html

to play central midfield.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:00 pm

To play as corner flag Very Happy
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:13 pm

I'm trying not to jump in both feet on the PA rumour (that's paul Allen not Phillip Anschutz) but it's always nice to be talking about a takeover rather than our religation chances.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:16 pm

Established villa fan on Twitter seems convinced on Azeris - conversation below -

neil holloway ‏
Don't want to sound like an ITK, but have spoken to someone in Baku at Gilan Holding and there seems to be some truth in the takeover #AVFC

Jareth ‏@JarethAVFC
@nfholloway_neil What did they say exactly and how do you know them? Any chance they're just repeating what Jonny Gould started? #avfc

neil holloway ‏
@joegkvilla I worked there for 2 years. The sons are keen on getting their hands on a UK team and Villa seems to be the one.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:24 pm

I can't see a takeover being close given we are looking for a new DoF. You don't waste money on an asset if you are close to selling an asset.
omariqy

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:30 pm

omariqy wrote:I can't see a takeover being close given we are looking for a new DoF.  You don't waste money on an asset if you are close to selling an asset.

Gonna be appointed in the summer according to Fox... meaning they ain't in a hurry - sounds like Fox wanted a story in the press about being pro-active, had they appointed one already, or even appointed an assistant manager I'd be more critical of takeover stories... so that's 2 major roles at a football club left unfilled - why?
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:44 pm

gdav wrote:I'm trying not to jump in both feet on the PA rumour (that's paul Allen not Phillip Anschutz) but it's always nice to be talking about a takeover rather than our religation chances.

too true matey

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Director of Football is very much a foreign model, would Lerner give approval to a change of structure and more salaries to fork out on after 8 years here and announcing he wants to sell? I don't buy that.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:04 pm

thought I'd link this article by Howard Hodgson (in another thread on the forum) he's outlining the positives and why we would be an attractive proposition for a potential buyer. Give it a read and go and comment on the thread.

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t1285-why-aston-villa-is-a-good-investment-opportunity-to-the-right-people
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:29 pm

omariqy wrote:I can't see a takeover being close given we are looking for a new DoF.  You don't waste money on an asset if you are close to selling an asset.

The report said they are "looking to get one in in the summer" though...so until they do bring one in i'm inclined to believe a deal is there to be made.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:31 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

The report said they are "looking to get one in in the summer" though...so until they do bring one in i'm inclined to believe a deal is there to be made.

me too. who knows that a DOF isnt the wish of the new owner??

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:34 pm

It does sound like Fox has taken a job he intends to keep come new owners, he's also well placed to vindicate large sponsorship deals given his track record at Arsenal, and with new owners there may be a few of those incoming to top up the coffers and stay FFP compliant...
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:24 pm

Here's something to ponder
New owner - Paul Allen
New shirt sponsor - Azerbaijan  
Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:53 pm

I really wonder who would be better for the club? on one hand you have Paul Allen who is worth more than Abramovic, has a track record of success in other sports and appears to be a decent guy. Then you have Gilan Holding who are said to have 59 billion in assets and are part of the Azerbaijan government. Not much known about them but the feeling seems to be they would be looking to promote their country much in the same way the Qatar guys at PSG are doing and the Sheik at City too...

Paul would probably be the safe option and would give us enough financial backing to probably have us challenging for the top six or maybe even top four again. With his commitments to other sporting franchises i doubt he'd go wild with us where the funds are concerned...i believe he'd most likely make a big statement early on and give a decent funds but after the first few windows the funds would be on the modest side...that appears to be the way American owners operate when you look at us, Liverpool and Sunderland. Only the Glazers have spent big but that's because a club like Man U demands that sort of expenditure.

Then we have Gilan and with those sort of funds the sky would be the limit really...i'm sure they'd want to make a massive statement. We'd most likely have the same 'Azerbaijan' sponsor as Athletico Madrid which would then give them an opportunity to get around the FFP a little because the sponsor could be as big as they want it to be. I could see them getting in a top quality manager and wanting to challenge for the title!!..And that's why i'd probably favour them more because they wouldn't have any other huge sporting companies to balance us with like Allen would with the SeaHawks.

All in all either one would be epic for this club and perhaps the biggest thing to happen to us since 82.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next