The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+84
smetro
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
HarryAVFC
Dgrizzle7
A.V.F.C
thetrees
The Great white walnut
Isa
bakerbob
Nix999
Cha Ching
viva_la_amo
Dek of Villa
rosco77
River
Andyh
whiteensign
DelboyVilla
Poseidon
lukevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Wigteke
Sean
Gracon73
AVFClee
mefromhere
ember
thinlizzy
Army villain
South London Villan
achilles
VillaBill
prmort
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
B62 Villa
Kakacroom
jd
Saunders
Thinman
Thabucks
Chrissylee1111
jeffvilla
KMitch
Dions_Bald_Head
Peter Withe's Shin
Withes Sweatbands
NARLA24
Wookster
Morgan Villa
Saunders82
snitum
Villa jimmy
VTID85
villainjock
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
plastic
Sky
The Utterer
Dansvilla75
Dazzle
bazzah
Suits
UnclePanda
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Green Villan
avfc85
ejs1111
Mooseman
Synopsis
villabromsgrove
danclare82
AstonThriller
GadgetMan
omariqy
gdav
DaveAV1
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
jvilla
kimbo
88 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Thinman Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:06 pm

I've said this before but it's got to the point where I am so irritated with people who continue to support Lambert in the face of all logic, that I almost wish we'd get relegated just to show them how twattishly deluded they have been.

I know it wouldn't work though, there's something not quite right with their thought processes. They can never admit they are wrong. A sad old age beckons them I fear.
Thinman
Thinman

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Synopsis Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:54 pm

They'd still say his hands were tied and the situation was Randys fault not Lamberts and the players though.
Synopsis
Synopsis

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Synopsis wrote:They'd still say his hands were tied and the situation was Randys fault not Lamberts and the players though.
Randy has no imput on team, how they play, who gets picked, and what tactics we use, it's all down to Lambert,
A good manager would have refused to work under Randy, and a few did, that is why we are left with Lambert.
Lambert is allways going on about Dortmund look were they are at the moment, bottom, Lambert must be going to achieve that position.
Army villain
Army villain

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:23 pm

People still defend Lambert??? The football is appalling to watch. I think Lerner is the bigger problem with our club (if he gave a shit he'd do 2 things - 1. sack Lambo, 2. give us some decent cash to spend on players) as long as he is owner nothing will change, but that doesn't excuse Lambert's inept tactics
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:57 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:People still defend Lambert??? The football is appalling to watch. I think Lerner is the bigger problem with our club (if he gave a shit he'd do 2 things - 1. sack Lambo, 2. give us some decent cash to spend on players) as long as he is owner nothing will change, but that doesn't excuse Lambert's inept tactics

It's a strange one really I think because it's obvious that Lambert is the problem and he is clearly the one to blame

BUT

Lerner is the one man who can get rid of Lambert and he isn't doing it

BUT

with the players we have now anybody should be able to get at the very least goals out of the team and so it falls back on Lambert for me!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:02 am

I'm flipping between trying to see the positives one minute to then seeing PL on TV and turning into Victor Meldrew for an hour, then wanting to go to a game one minute as i miss "going up the Villa" to then just as i'm about to buy a ticket remembering the last 50 visits and how furious i was by Half time ...so i don't bother...In fact i can't even bear to watch us live on TV now such is my disdain for the rubbish we are served at the moment and then i spend the rest of the week trying to avoid getting into a chat with someone, anyone in fact as i am sick and tired of trying to make lame excuses for the fact we are so pathetically awful!

Then the weekend approaches again and i literally think "Oh no Villa are playing tomorrow!"

This can't be right can it?! :shock:
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:36 am

Army villain wrote:
Synopsis wrote:They'd still say his hands were tied and the situation was Randys fault not Lamberts and the players though.
Randy has no imput on team, how they play, who gets picked, and what tactics we use, it's all down to Lambert,
A good manager would have refused to work under Randy, and a few did, that is why we are left with Lambert.
Lambert is allways going on about Dortmund look were they are at the moment, bottom, Lambert must be going to achieve that position.

I didn't say I was one of those who does defend him though, quite the opposite, my ideas of what should happen to Lambert involve panel vans, rolls of duct tape, midnight drives into forests and the guy from pulp fiction. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1662365926

Back to (lack of) takeover talk for a second, I can't see one happening in the short term now, like anytime in the next couple of seasons anyway, it seems he has a long term plan to recoup his money assuming we're still in the right division, and to be honest I think thats going to be the way I look at it. If you ask me, he may still be claiming the clubs up for sale but he will probably still be doing so in another 5 years, because in reality, much like Kenwright etc, he isn't really looking to sell anymore.
Synopsis
Synopsis

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:30 pm

The Utterer wrote:I'm flipping between trying to see the positives one minute to then seeing PL on TV and turning into Victor Meldrew for an hour, then wanting to go to a game one minute as i miss "going up the Villa" to then just as i'm about to buy a ticket remembering the last 50 visits and how furious i was by Half time ...so i don't bother...In fact i can't even bear to watch us live on TV now such is my disdain for the rubbish we are served at the moment and then i spend the rest of the week trying to avoid getting into a chat with someone, anyone in fact as i am sick and tired of trying to make lame excuses for the fact we are so pathetically awful!

Then the weekend approaches again and i literally think "Oh no Villa are playing tomorrow!"

This can't be right can it?! :shock:
No but it is the norm.

I was trying to work out money to see if I could do Newcastle away involving a stay over with Premier (I assume most fans have used these for away days, if not I do recommend them, they're a good bunch) and then I just thought about what the game itself would probably be like, and I figured, why am I contemplating not being able to afford something else just yet when it involves going to watch something that is likely to ruin the night out afterwards anyway? So I'm not bothering.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:32 pm

Synopsis wrote:
Army villain wrote:

I didn't say I was one of those who does defend him though, quite the opposite, my ideas of what should happen to Lambert involve panel vans, rolls of duct tape, midnight drives into forests and the guy from pulp fiction. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1662365926

Back to (lack of) takeover talk for a second, I can't see one happening in the short term now, like anytime in the next couple of seasons anyway, it seems he has a long term plan to recoup his money assuming we're still in the right division, and to be honest I think thats going to be the way I look at it. If you ask me, he may still be claiming the clubs up for sale but he will probably still be doing so in another 5 years, because in reality, much like Kenwright etc, he isn't really looking to sell anymore.
I don't think it is like Kenwright though, I think he stays because he loves it, where as Lerner's decision is completely financial. If he could find someone willing to pay over the odds tomorrow, he'd sell us. Kenwright, maybe if it was enough to put Everton into the Man City level of finances he might, but only because unlike Lerner, I think Kenwright genuinely loves the football club that he owns.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:56 pm

kimbo wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Army villain wrote:

I don't think it is like Kenwright though, I think he stays because he loves it, where as Lerner's decision is completely financial. If he could find someone willing to pay over the odds tomorrow, he'd sell us. Kenwright, maybe if it was enough to put Everton into the Man City level of finances he might, but only because unlike Lerner, I think Kenwright genuinely loves the football club that he owns.

But but Lerner has a tattoo Tumbleweed
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Its Lambert's fault where we are. Its now down to lack of funds. With the players we have we should be in around 12 position simple as that
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:18 pm

If we were to sack Lambert it won't happen until we take on a technical director. Lerner would be aware his decision in the past have backfired and Fox is an expert on the commercial side and not football. I don't think either are capable of finding a new manager a d both are well aware of this
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:54 pm

We're all football fans so the most important thing to us is the football. I've begun to believe that RL/TF think that structure is the most important thing, and when that's sorted the football will take care of itself. Needless to say I disagree.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:06 am

thinlizzy wrote:Its Lambert's fault where we are. Its now down to lack of funds. With the players we have we should be in around 12 position simple as that

I disagree, Burnley are the only club to spend less than us this season so we this shows we do not have any right to think of ourselves as a 12th placed club, Lambert is not good enough but no manager will come here with a reputation of being good in the game with this owner's running of the club, we are a shambles and Lerner is using Lambert to take the flack as he did Mcleish, our club is just hanging by a thread, relegation is a massive worry due to what happens to club's nowadays when relegated, gone are the days of yoyo clubs bouncing back up.
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:33 am

If Fox is with Lerner in thinking that Lambert is the right man for the job then Fox himself becomes part of the problem and not part of the solution, on a different note today is a sad day for me as I'm taking my 6 year old boy to his first ever football match and always longed for the day I'd take my son to Villa Park to watch the mighty Villa, but I'm taking him just up the road to Watford instead, I just can't force myself to spend any money at all whilst Lerner is still there killing my beloved club, gutted.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:39 pm

I was thinking about this the other day,

1. Watching Villa is truly a painful experience now in my opinion.
2. Thousands of fans actually pay to experience this week in week out.

Does that mean as Villa fans we are akin to those folks who don themselves in black leather studded pants and smack each other with horrid spikey things and pay for the privilege? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1420239857

The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:51 pm

The Utterer wrote:I was thinking about this the other day,

Does that mean as Villa fans we are akin to those folks who don themselves in black leather studded pants and smack each other with horrid spikey things and pay for the privilege? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1420239857

It's all just escapism, filling a need/void in life. So yes, very much so  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:45 pm

I find this post quite insulting .... in future please don't compare us to Villa fans! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1715320296 Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:28 pm

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Kinky buggers AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 498107619
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:01 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

I find this post quite insulting .... in future please don't compare us to Villa fans! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 1715320296 Very Happy

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 693198913 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 19 498107619
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:00 pm

We have a new CCO - http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4477030,00.html

He last worked on the Baku 2015 European games getting the sponsorship money in

Maybe the Azeris are more than talking to AVFC....

ALSO - no DOF or assistant manager yet appointed. Yet we get a CCO for the first time in the club's history. If I were an Azeri owner of AVFC I would probably employ the last guy I used to get sponsorship in for my last successful project.

We can but dream.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:07 pm

jvilla wrote:We have a new CCO - http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4477030,00.html

He last worked on the Baku 2015 European games getting the sponsorship money in

Maybe the Azeris are more than talking to AVFC....

ALSO - no DOF or assistant manager yet appointed. Yet we get a CCO for the first time in the club's history. If I were an Azeri owner of AVFC I would probably employ the last guy I used to get sponsorship in for my last successful project.

We can but dream.

Perhaps we should turn your post around and say that if Randy doesn't currently intend to sell, who will our major corporate sponsor be? Could it be the Azeris?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Either way, this guy, who is now working for us at board level, last worked for the all powerful Azeris we were linked with previously - if Randy had avoided any deal with the Azeris as had been touted as what happened, why would he then employ someone with such close links to them? Nailed on. Very Happy (at least I always think that until proven otherwise)
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:21 pm

jvilla wrote:Either way, this guy, who is now working for us at board level, last worked for the all powerful Azeris we were linked with previously - if Randy had avoided any deal with the Azeris as had been touted as what happened, why would he then employ someone with such close links to them? Nailed on. Very Happy (at least I always think that until proven otherwise)
When we appoint an AVFC Minister of Emergency Situations, I will agree with you! Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next