The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Trezzy Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:03 am

So gabby has. Taken a pay cut.. Ho dear...no take over happening is there
Trezzy

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:26 am

Trezzy wrote:So gabby has. Taken a pay cut.. Ho dear...no take over happening is there

I am as much of a non believer as a believer now with regards to a takeover to be honest. I don't think this contract is indicative either way. A new owner would have to be Chelsea/Man City class to just throw a contract at Gabby on the same or better terms than his old one. Any sane football minded person would look at his performance and realise that in no way could they justify 50+K a week for what Gabby offers. I would place more weight into how much of a paycut he has accepted. Hearing what others have to say about his personality, I can't imagine he would take more than a 10k cut?? Even at 40k a week for 4 years he is incredibly well paid.

Now if they offered him a 4yr deal at 10k a week, a nice typical Lerner type contract, then I would agree, no takeover. However no way would Gabby have signed that surely. In a world where Shane Long can demand a fee of 12m - then I would imagine that Gabby could get some decent terms in January when signing a pre contract with another club.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:28 am

Last season when the kids were on display and struggling, he was one of the few players I was happy to see with the ball, knowing he'd likely keep it, fend off an opposition player and pass to someone in a claret and blue shirt.

He still has enough toe to scare full backs and is a decent enough player.

Four years though? He's not going to get faster, he's learned maybe all he can learn so likely won't be getting better and I think his best role would be as an impact sub....the very last thing a tired full back will want to see coming on the pitch is Agbonlahor.

Still, I'm glad it ain't my money that's paying for him.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:08 am

Trotters wrote:Last season when the kids were on display and struggling, he was one of the few players I was happy to see with the ball, knowing he'd likely keep it, fend off an opposition player and pass to someone in a claret and blue shirt.

He still has enough toe to scare full backs and is a decent enough player.

Four years though? He's not going to get faster, he's learned maybe all he can learn so likely won't be getting better and I think his best role would be as an impact sub....the very last thing a tired full back will want to see coming on the pitch is Agbonlahor.

Still, I'm glad it ain't my money that's paying for him.

True but glad its not my money paying Benteke, delph, vlaar lol!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:16 am

As an investment though (taking into consideration their performances which will indirectly reflect the money gained from TV rights as well as their future worth should we get rid at the right time), those three are probably not bad.

But Gabby's overall contribution to the side and his future value (bugger all) means he isn't a performing asset to the club. On a business level, it's money that would be better invested elsewhere.

But I don't think the club could afford to offload him at the moment because the backlash from the fans (and remember, not all come on internerd forums to talk about this) would be vile. You can see from the tweets that the popular perception is that he's very highly valued and the club would more than likely see not renewing s contract as yet another bullet in their PR foot.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:55 am

As has been stated a good deal for Gabby, but also in the camp, buggered if we do, buggered if we dont, apart from wages he cost us no fee, so no fee at the end of his time with us, even stevens.
Still has something to offer at the level we are now and will do probably for this season and maybe part of next, before becoming a completely busted flush.
Is this related to a take over, God only knows, but I guarantee you that if contracts were not addressed, including Gabbys all hell would break loose.
As for wanting to shoot the messengers, for god sake it is an internet forum, why people post information, whether it is for their own self fulfillment, they enjoy winding people up by making things up, or they are Villa fans who have contacts and get told stuff they feel should be shared make your own mind up, but if it upsets you to the point where the people who put this site together, to give us yet another place (cant have enough of them) to discuss Villa related news, opinions, gossip, that they get accuse of being liars, well I just think you are on the wrong site.
There are plenty out there that every time a takeover related item comes up, all they want to do is take the piss out of here, so to be with like minded souls, maybe thats where you should go to.
Mods keep the snippets coming, if it happens great if not WTF, we will still all support the Villa and if I want to see what you guys are up to or not is down to me.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:27 am

Having thought about it, I don't think it's the fact Gabby has got his new contract which is bothering people but that we've got more important players who need nailing down. If Vlaar and Delph had already been signed up then Gabby signing also would've been met with a bit more upbeat reactions IMO

That said, I get the feeling that out of Gabby, Vlaar, Delph, and Grealish it would've been Gabby whose contract was simplest (and not just because Gabby needs it written in 1 syllable words)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:43 am

If the takeover was announced yesterday and gabby gots his contract today I bet ya not as many would be complaining
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:44 am

I imagine his paycut is evened out with performance related bonuses etc, meaning its not really a cut as such.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:13 am

lukevilla wrote:Each to there own but im happy Gabby has signed a new contract!

and me matey, its great to have someone villa through and through, fair enough he needs to pull his finger out a bit, 3 games played,man of the match on one already, unplayable actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:24 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Having thought about it, I don't think it's the fact Gabby has got his new contract which is bothering people but that we've got more important players who need nailing down. If Vlaar and Delph had already been signed up then Gabby signing also would've been met with a bit more upbeat reactions IMO

That said, I get the feeling that out of Gabby, Vlaar, Delph, and Grealish it would've been Gabby whose contract was simplest (and not just because Gabby needs it written in 1 syllable words)

Spot on mate. This is not so much to do with Gabby it's more to do with the frustration of hearing Gabby had signed as if it's big news when we are desperate for Grealish and Delph to stay and for a takeover to be announced!
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:57 am

Glad Gabby signed - offers us an outlet and we aren't blessed with pace. He suits our style of play on the counter. Hopefully this deal will give him fresh impetus to "go again". Grealish will sign - he seems to have good people around advising him what's best for his development. Delph and vlaar contracts are more complex - they are current full internationals and negotiations will take a while. Delph has said the right things and like grealish recognises he still has a way to go to develop. Playing regular football is the right approach - he won't get that at a "bigger club". Vlaar is 30; has one last chance to play champions league football, if someone comes in for him that can offer that it may be a regret for him if he doesn't take the offer. He's the club captain, I can't imagine he's on as much as Gabby, but he'll claim that he deserves to be. Randy and Fox will have to do the mathematics. A club with assets is worth more than a club without. Tying them down on long term deals could make a significant difference to the sale price of the club.
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:09 am

I am glad Gabby has signed, when he runs at defender he frightens the bejebious out of them. There in lies mistakes where we could profit from. We all know that Gabby blows hot and cold, but by jiminy when he is fire he is one of the best there is. He is also happy to track back and take the ball off of the opposition's forwards. Four years was probably a bit much, but I am happy he will still be around. The team is better with him than without, and how much would it cost to get an equivalent striker? Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 1815562058 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 1815562058  bouncy bouncy just for the hell of it.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:16 am

jeffvilla wrote:I am glad Gabby has signed, when he runs at defender he frightens the bejebious out of them. There in lies mistakes where we could profit from. We all know that Gabby blows hot and cold, but by jiminy when he is fire he is one of the best there is. He is also happy to track back and take the ball off of the opposition's forwards. Four years was probably a bit much, but I am happy he will still be around. The team is better with him than without, and how much would it cost to get an equivalent striker? Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 1815562058 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 1815562058  bouncy bouncy just for the hell of it.

thankfully another whos not also a gabby hater!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:18 am

gabby provides defenders with a problem - he should not be a fixture though a bit of competition will keep him on his toes
Zidane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:20 am

Zidane wrote:gabby provides defenders with a problem - he should not be a fixture though a bit of competition will keep him on his toes

defo, think I read on here some people talking aboiut his wages " must be near 100g now etc etc" he has taken a pay CUT to sign a new deal, why wouldn't anyone not want a player who loves the club so much to stay, even if he just sits in the dressing room at half time I would want him here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:31 am

Jimbop I think we'd all love to earn 50-60 grand per week not being great at our job but being paid just because we're well liked.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:33 am

Morpheus wrote:Jimbop I think we'd all love to earn 50-60 grand per week not being great at our job but being paid just because we're well liked.

true but I just think hes good for the club, if he pulls his finger out we have a player who is unplayable, the same could of been said about delph being kept for so long whilst not even kicking a ball

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:36 am

When Benteke returns, he'll need Gabby to take defenders off his back. It's a job that GA does well.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:37 am

gabby wont be anywhere near those levels now - the o'neill days are gone if they were still here they would all have signed up by now - the problem for us is not what gabby is worth but what it would cost to replace him - Tom Fox would not have cared about how long hes been at Villa just whats right for the club
Zidane

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:45 am

Pace upsets opposition managers, they have to plan differently to combat it. I'm just trying to think how many genuinely quick front men there are in the Premiership?

Before Gabby we had Darius Vassell, and to a lesser extent Julian Joachim, so Villa have had the speed threat for a long time.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:02 am

jimbop wrote:
jeffvilla wrote:I am glad Gabby has signed, when he runs at defender he frightens the bejebious out of them. There in lies mistakes where we could profit from. We all know that Gabby blows hot and cold, but by jiminy when he is fire he is one of the best there is. He is also happy to track back and take the ball off of the opposition's forwards. Four years was probably a bit much, but I am happy he will still be around. The team is better with him than without, and how much would it cost to get an equivalent striker? Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 1815562058 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 30 1815562058  bouncy bouncy just for the hell of it.

Harsh, Jimbop. I don't think anyone's a Gabby hater (maybe Villa_Dan :) ). I just think there's a bit of frustration with the way the club seems to be managed and the way it was tweeted like it was something special.

As has been said, if the club held a press conference where Tom Fox announced a new owner where his first statement was to say he's secured Grealish, Vlaar, Delph and Gabby on long term deals, we'd all be over the moon and hi-5'ing each other. As it stands, we just want to hi-5 Lerner.

In the face.

With a brick.

Twice.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:12 am

Trotters wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Harsh, Jimbop. I don't think anyone's a Gabby hater (maybe Villa_Dan :) ). I just think there's a bit of frustration with the way the club seems to be managed and the way it was tweeted like it was something special.

As has been said, if the club held a press conference where Tom Fox announced a new owner where his first statement was to say he's secured Grealish, Vlaar, Delph and Gabby on long term deals, we'd all be over the moon and hi-5'ing each other. As it stands, we just want to hi-5 Lerner.  

In the face.

With a brick.

Twice.

lol! fair points matey, it was a joke how they made out it was a big thing when all it was was inevitable

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:22 am

Trotters wrote:
jimbop wrote:

In the face.

With a brick.

Twice.

I'm not a Gabby hater. I just don't think he is good enough, and he's a fucking moron.

Before the Hull match I said to my mate "Gabby is due a good game, he manages 1 every 8 he's played" and it came true! He is inconsistent and often makes the wrong decision, he bulked up and lost the edge his speed gave him. I'd rather Weimann started and Gabby sat on the bench to come on with 20mins left.

Can't really disagree with the rest of your post though!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:23 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
Trotters wrote:
jimbop wrote:

In the face.

With a brick.

Twice.

I'm not a Gabby hater. I just don't think he is good enough, and he's a fucking moron.

Before the Hull match I said to my mate "Gabby is due a good game, he manages 1 every 8 he's played" and it came true! He is inconsistent and often makes the wrong decision, he bulked up and lost the edge his speed gave him. I'd rather Weimann started and Gabby sat on the bench to come on with 20mins left.

Can't really disagree with the rest of your post though!

fair enough matey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next