The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:59 pm

jeffvilla wrote:No sendross playing tonight.  Should be okay for Saturday  great news about of Okore.  Delph did his rep some good tonight. Let's get that bloody contract signed.

Even better news for us is Liverpool will have one eye on the champions league game next week, and to them, that competition means everything Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 498107619
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Chelsea eyeing up Grelaish then. We've offered him 5 grand a week. Ffs. Offer him 50 grand a week, and Delph. Use Gabbys wages to pay them
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38 pm

I'd be totally gobsmacked if we've offered him 5k a week. I don't know the source of that story Harry, but I'd take it with a pinch of salt mate. We'll sign him up, I've no doubt of that. I also think FD will sign, he's a good lad and I think he feels he owes us for sticking by him whilst he's had two major injuries. Ron is the one I think will run down his deal.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Don't know weather i am happy or sad that Delph had a decent game . I remember Young and Milner doing the same thing and we all know what happened
pooligan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:42 pm

pooligan wrote:Don't know weather i am happy or sad that Delph had a decent game . I remember Young and Milner doing the same thing and we all know what happened

I can relate to that. Delph is a proper football lad, so I can't help but be pleased for him. We just need to ensure we sign him up now. It would be mad for RL not to protect his investment. Give him a new contract and he's a 10m + player and an asset on the books. Maybe players are waiting to see what happens Re a takeover. Might be a better deal around the corner, or it may be about stability and the direction/ambition of the club.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Never thought Milner was the type that was happy to sit on the bench. Turns out he is though.

He was truly amazing for us in CM. Would love him back but I think he's happy picking up £££££ sitting on City's bench
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:13 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Never thought Milner was the type that was happy to sit on the bench. Turns out he is though.

He was truly amazing for us in CM. Would love him back but I think he's happy picking up £££££ sitting on City's bench

I've met Milner a few times and I can assure you he's not happy to sit on the bench, he also wants out of Citeh.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:10 am

I remember reading an interview with Delph about him feeling he owes us after how we stuck by him, and that alone is why I am more confident about him staying than leaving. Could be wrong, hope I'm not.

I also believe Grealish genuinely wants to stay, and while the nagging doubt will be there until he signs, I actually believe he will.

Vlaar, I think may well be waiting to see what happens with the club; his stock will probably never be as high as it was this summer, yet he is still here. So if we get a juicy takeover, I think people like him, the two lads already mentioned, Guzan and Benteke will be the base upon which our brave new future will be built. (PLEASE!)

Oh and also Gabby is out of contract soon. Yes, yes he is. Tumbleweed
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:43 am

Green Villan wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Never thought Milner was the type that was happy to sit on the bench. Turns out he is though.

I've met Milner a few times and I can assure you he's not happy to sit on the bench, he also wants out of Citeh.
We should have gone in for Milner in the transfer window. Would have been good business. Maybe January would be a good time ? We will see who is in charge well before then so things may change massively.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:51 am

Grealish (and his family) are massive Villa fans and provided the club make him a fair offer and don't try to take the piss BECAUSE he's a Villa fan, I'm sure he'll sign a new contract.

Gabby: on his day he is still very very good. His day rarely comes around though so I'd be tempted to use his wages on some fresh legs.

Vlaar: if we get new owners with lofty ambitions, I'm sure he'll stay. If not, I'm absolutely sure he'll be off.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:47 am

I'm amazed that people are still talking about Milner! He's won the league and is playing CL footy, yes he's not starting week in week out like he should be but if he leaves City it'll be for a team in a damn sight better shape than the Villa at the moment!

Maybe if a takeover goes through I can see it but not before.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:31 am

I'm still laughing at Heart-Attack Harry's comment at the top of the page. Offer Grealish £50k/week and Delph.

I'm sure there's some kind of racial discrimination act to ensure those sorts of things no longer happen. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:17 am

Get get the feeling these contract offers could come with a new owner would be good pr to get the fans going
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:24 am

If there was no new owner on the horizon would Lerner have not already offered Vlaar, Delph and Grealish new contracts? It's not as if we haven't been signing people at all this summer so there's no reason to not offer them new deals unless something is going on behind the scenes and Lambo has had a word in their ears that a contract will be offered
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathal Coughlan's Dog Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:41 am

kimbo wrote:I remember reading an interview with Delph about him feeling he owes us after how we stuck by him, and that alone is why I am more confident about him staying than leaving. Could be wrong, hope I'm not.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fabian-delph-id-love-aston-6225138

This interview?
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Cathal Coughlan's Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Kid Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:08 am

Morning fellow villains. I've been watching this thread almost since it started. The fact that the contents of most recent pages are about anything but a takeover tells me that nothing is happening I'm afraid. I'm seriously beginning to question the validity of PDC's tip off's and we've already been dropped from a great height by 'admin'. It's still a great website but the tumbleweeds are flowing right through this thread now. I do hope I'm wrong but I suspect I'm not. Willing to apologise if a takeover happens this month of course. This would be the second time the founding fathers have publicly backed a tip off and if it proves to be another let down then I think that's rather embarrassing. Saying it was said in good faith doesn't cut it. The management of the forum backed and sang out loud what now appears to be just nonsense..was it not their original policy to get any tip off confirmed and reconfirmed by multiple sources before going public? Just my thoughts guys, for what they're worth. Bye for now.
Trinity Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:55 am

Please do not restrict your bye bye to just "for now" on our account.....

Last edited by De Kuip on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:56 am

Trinity Kid wrote:Morning fellow villains. I've been watching this thread almost since it started. The fact that the contents of most recent pages are about anything but a takeover tells me that nothing is happening I'm afraid. I'm seriously beginning to question the validity of PDC's tip off's and we've already been dropped from a great height by 'admin'. It's still a great website but the tumbleweeds are flowing right through this thread now. I do hope I'm wrong but I suspect I'm not. Willing to apologise if a takeover happens this month of course. This would be the second time the founding fathers have publicly backed a tip off and if it proves to be another let down then I think that's rather embarrassing. Saying it was said in good faith doesn't cut it. The management of the forum backed and sang out loud what now appears to be just nonsense..was it not their original policy to get any tip off confirmed and reconfirmed by multiple sources before going public? Just my thoughts guys, for what they're worth. Bye for now.

good points matey, I think its brave to put out their hearings, but they are also villa fans aswell, whom are just as excited for sumet to happen as we are, they have heard sumet in good faith and past it on in good faith, they've never said its 100% but have said its reliable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:24 am

Hmm. No answer to this really. If the rumour turns out to be true then we're all happy because we all knew first (-ish) & we had that happy feeling for longer; if it turns out to be nixed then we feel disappointed & cruddy.

I guess them's the breaks if you want to dip your toes into the heady world of rumour & speculation forums. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 1375627042

Or you can go for a steady life & just rely the official news breaks on the BBC website.

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:26 am

Who needs mods guys, thanks. We're a lot more careful now than in the Admin era. We do hear things and because we're Villa fans we share what we hear. PDC has known his contact for years and trusts them implicitly. Other sources also provide info, and we make sure that if we pass it on we clearly ask you to be aware, and make your own mind up on it's veracity or otherwise.

We believe something is happening. We don't have names or details, our info is not from just one source, and it's been consistent.

We could be wrong, people could have been misinformed, but given one name (gobsmacking source, in Trotters own words), we believe that the info is likely to be correct.

No guarantees, no refunds, just honest sharing of well placed info. If a majority of posters don't want our guys to share this with you then we will listen to the majority view.

TBAR is a forum for all Villa fans, you're welcome to disagree with anything and everything if that's what floats your boat. All we ask is that you do it respectfully.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:32 am

Trinity Kid wrote:Morning fellow villains. I've been watching this thread almost since it started. The fact that the contents of most recent pages are about anything but a takeover tells me that nothing is happening I'm afraid. I'm seriously beginning to question the validity of PDC's tip off's and we've already been dropped from a great height by 'admin'. It's still a great website but the tumbleweeds are flowing right through this thread now. I do hope I'm wrong but I suspect I'm not. Willing to apologise if a takeover happens this month of course. This would be the second time the founding fathers have publicly backed a tip off and if it proves to be another let down then I think that's rather embarrassing. Saying it was said in good faith doesn't cut it. The management of the forum backed and sang out loud what now appears to be just nonsense..was it not their original policy to get any tip off confirmed and reconfirmed by multiple sources before going public? Just my thoughts guys, for what they're worth. Bye for now.

Or maybe it's best that nobody says anything they hear just in case it's wrong then eh?! :shock: Then we could all sit there depressed and bored coz nobody was brave enough to say anything like on most of the other depression centres...Doh! i mean fan sites i used to frequent where you get chastised for daring to be creative in your thinking or saying something you heard from a good source which later proves to have changed direction or timescale.... The thing with this site is folks UNDERSTAND that some things said are liable to changes of this kind and therefore don't sit in the wings silently waiting to pounce as soon as we think something has been shown to
a: Have changed
b: Had the timescale altered for one of a miriad of reasons.
c: Been info fed out by the club for some reason best known to them.
d: Been accurate at the time but changed as this is lets face it a liquid situation & guess what!... Liquid situations do actually change usually!
e: etc etc etc

Still each to their own. Personally i am not bothered one iota whether PDC's comments are still accurate or not and here's why...BECAUSE HE IS NOT CONTROLLING MATTERS RANDY LERNER, MERRIL LYNCH AND WHOEVER A NEW BUYER, IF THERE STILL IS ONE, WAS ONE, MAYBE ONE OR WHATEVER IS! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 1715320296

One things for sure and thats that i won't be going back to reading the boring depressing and stale other Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 1015550615 sites. Surely fan sites are about speculation, gossip and general good banter about Aston Villa fc and life in general? What is the point of just hawking around and jumping in to try to discredit people at the first opportunity? If someone has heard something and has a track record of being correct with info then i would prefer they posted what they heard but understand of course it may change or turn out incorrect..on the other hand it may prove correct too.. who knows? But i don't get this wave of "RUMOUR POLICE" who just sit there not contributing but as soon as they think a rumour has been shown to have changed or been incorrect come steaming in trying to discredit the person or even worse the site in general 🤦

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:39 am

Trinity Kid wrote:Saying it was said in good faith doesn't cut it.

I completely disagree.

Simply put, it is down to each person how they take this information. Do you complain to every newspaper, radio station and social network account when a transfer rumour doesn't occur?
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:54 am

I believe that the reason it is so quiet is because there is something happening. I work for a large international company that has recently made 2 massive acquisitions for £100' of millions.
A very small, hand picked team dealt with it, no more than 5 people knew what was going on and the lawyers, accountants and bankers involved know that it is more than their jobs worth and their reputation in working on other big acquisitions to let anything slip. Again, very few hand picked team would be working on it on that side.
Anyone buying us wouldn't want to jeopardise the deal by having information leak and risk being gazumped.
Frustrating as it is, I think all we can do is sit, wait and hope it is over soon. Just like buying a house, the solicitors will always find something to make it look as though they are doing something and protract things to justify their fees.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:00 am

Cathal Coughlan's Dog wrote:
kimbo wrote:I remember reading an interview with Delph about him feeling he owes us after how we stuck by him, and that alone is why I am more confident about him staying than leaving. Could be wrong, hope I'm not.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fabian-delph-id-love-aston-6225138

This interview?

I seem to remember Downing giving an similar interview 2 weeks before he signed for the bin dippers Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 16 50815218
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:03 am

I wonder how many of Delph's England team mates have had words in his ear?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next