The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 31 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:07 pm

From 2006 to 2010 gabby did really well. His form coincided with having quality players around him. As we sold off our top players his form tailed off. I guess it was a mixture of poor service, poorer players around him and his own frustration with being side lined in a much weaker team.

We have a stronger squad this season, and that could mean that Gabby will get the service that he needs to thrive. I think it makes sense to extend his contract at a time when we look like we may be able to properly use his talents again.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 31 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 31 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:12 pm

Wow - who'd have thought that Gabby would have such an impact on the takeover thread... :shock:
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 31 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Gabby wont play well now until 2015 sometime
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 31 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:26 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Gabby wont play well now until 2015 sometime

he already has matey, man of the match. 1 out of 3 games so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Why do fans moan about the slightest thing? They moan we don't sign players then moan it's not the players they want even though they've improved the sqaud. They moan we aren't resigning players then moan it's not the ones they wanted. They want Lerner out then moan when he can't find a buyer. They moan about Faulkner then when he goes moan that we haven't got a CEO place to run the club. Now it's moaning about a couple of journos saying good news coming for Villa fans and it's not a takeover. Some people are that negative regarding the club I'm surprised they can function in normal life. At present we have the best sqaud in a few years we've had a good start to the league we've got a CEO who most think will be a big benefit to the club. We still have our 2 main strikers to come back. New contracts are being offered. Regardless of being up for sale I'd say we are actually in a very healthy position to do well this season. Cheer up you could be a bluenose!
DN1982

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 31 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:57 pm

DN1982 wrote:Why do fans moan about the slightest thing? They moan we don't sign players then moan it's not the players they want even though they've improved the sqaud. They moan we aren't resigning players then moan it's not the ones they wanted. They want Lerner out then moan when he can't find a buyer. They moan about Faulkner then when he goes moan that we haven't got a CEO place to run the club. Now it's moaning about a couple of journos saying good news coming for Villa fans and  it's not a takeover. Some people are that negative regarding the club I'm surprised they can function in normal life. At present we have the best sqaud in a few years we've had a good start to the league we've got a CEO who most think will be a big benefit to the club. We still have our 2 main strikers to come back. New contracts are being offered. Regardless of being up for sale I'd say we are actually in a very healthy position to do well this season. Cheer up you could be a bluenose!

Couldn't of said it better myself!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:05 pm

DN1982 wrote:Why do fans moan about the slightest thing? They moan we don't sign players then moan it's not the players they want even though they've improved the sqaud. They moan we aren't resigning players then moan it's not the ones they wanted. They want Lerner out then moan when he can't find a buyer. They moan about Faulkner then when he goes moan that we haven't got a CEO place to run the club. Now it's moaning about a couple of journos saying good news coming for Villa fans and  it's not a takeover. Some people are that negative regarding the club I'm surprised they can function in normal life. At present we have the best sqaud in a few years we've had a good start to the league we've got a CEO who most think will be a big benefit to the club. We still have our 2 main strikers to come back. New contracts are being offered. Regardless of being up for sale I'd say we are actually in a very healthy position to do well this season. Cheer up you could be a bluenose!

matey, this is SO SO TRUE, could not of put it better myself, some people just love to moan, id even go the extent of some people hoping for bad decisions/failure etc. best statement I have read in ages matey. Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:19 pm

jimbop wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Gabby wont play well now until 2015 sometime

he already has matey, man of the match.  1 out of 3 games so far.

Exactly. one or two good performance a year is all he seems to put in. The last one I can remember was pool away in jan. he scored against Hull, and did Ok

So thats that for 2014 with gabby

Can you imagine how useless he will be when his pace runs out ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Wow - who'd have thought that Gabby would have such an impact on the takeover thread...  :shock:

Lol so true. The thread needs renaming to "Gabby's taken over"...
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:38 pm

So Hull, Newcastle and Spurs up for sale apparently. Let's hope we are actually sold eh. Trent on VT saying nothing is even close with no serious interest.
omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:39 pm

omariqy wrote:So Hull, Newcastle and Spurs up for sale apparently.  Let's hope we are actually sold eh. Trent on VT saying nothing is even close with no serious interest.

starting to think the same now mate myself, nowt happening for the foreseeable.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:55 pm

Yes, there is definitely a difference between getting frustrated and voicing that frustration, and just moaning for the sake of moaning.

I first noticed in 1992-1993 when I was 12. We were such a good side, played brilliant football, exciting to watch, and yet a certain section of the fan base would moan about Earl Barrett like he was Satan. Funny thing is, he was not even a natural right back, he was first and foremost a centre back, he was as 100% as they come, and there is not a Villa team I have seen since that he would not get in to.

So I realised back then that if people are going to find something to get angry about when we're *that* good, they'll never be happy. Hell, back in '82 some of them probably moaned that Withe shinned it off the post....

kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 31 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:00 pm

On the point re. other clubs being for sale:

Maybe there's no money to be made out of football anymore and the bubble has burst despite the TV money that clubs acquire? All owners (with the exception of sheikh mansoor) possibly look to football clubs as a vehicle for their other commercial interests. Once this has been exhausted than what's there to do? As a business man you want to make aprofit on what you acquired. The three clubs mentioned could probably sell more than what they were bought for. Now the key for making profit is how much you have invested; to an extent protecting assets and the value of the club (similar to what randy's strategy currently is). Alam at Hull has established the premier status of the club, and has protected the asset by signing established known premier league players. With all due respect, they have reached a glass ceiling and their value has peaked. Spurs have always managed their books well - renowned for being a selling club. With a new stadium on the horizon and a bill to fit, levy knows that an initial loss will need to be accepted if adopting the Arsenal Emirates model to pay for it over time. Newcastle have experienced a period of stability, Ashley has used them as a vehicle for sportsdirect, but now that's exhausted and it's unlikely that Newcastle will play top European football to promote his ventures abroad, what's next for his ownership? I think the demographics of football club ownership has now changed. It's more short term. Businessmen will look at how to make a quick buck before pulling out at the peak by selling for profit.

Last edited by bazzah on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:03 pm

kimbo wrote:

Yes, there is definitely a difference between getting frustrated and voicing that frustration, and just moaning for the sake of moaning.

I first noticed in 1992-1993 when I was 12. We were such a good side, played brilliant football, exciting to watch, and yet a certain section of the fan base would moan about Earl Barrett like he was Satan. Funny thing is, he was not even a natural right back, he was first and foremost a centre back, he was as 100% as they come, and there is not a Villa team I have seen since that he would not get in to.

So I realised back then that if people are going to find something to get angry about when we're *that* good, they'll never be happy. Hell, back in '82 some of them probably moaned that Withe shinned it off the post....

very well said kimbo, thought it was only me who thought like this. some people on here would win a million pound on the lottery, then complain that the jackpot was 1.1m the week before. :evil:

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:12 pm

All together always look on the bright side of life do do    do do    dododo dar doo Drumroll Please Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana  In the words of the song happy happy happy. Positive people we are third in the league at the moment, the squad not looking too bad, and we might or might not have a new owner.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:14 pm

jeffvilla wrote:All together always look on the bright side of life do do    do do    dododo dar doo Drumroll Please Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana  In the words of the song happy happy happy. Positive people we are third in the league at the moment, the squad not looking too bad, and we might or might not have a new owner.

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:17 pm

Yawn with the snidey digs! I'm a better fan blah blah, you're a better fan blah blah, oh look you don't moan, you want a million quid?

Last edited by Green Villan on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Green Villan wrote:Yawn with the snidey digs! I'm a beeter fan blah blah, you're a better fan blah blah, oh look you don't moan, you want a million quid?

Yeah. In cash.
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 31 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Green Villan wrote:Yawn with the snidey digs! I'm a better fan blah blah, you're a better fan blah blah, oh look you don't moan, you want a million quid?

not snidey digs at all mate, if you have a read a lot of people saying the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:22 pm

I've left other sites because of this higher than you, better fan than you crap, fans can moan if they want, you going to loose sleep? The clicky crap is already starting.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:23 pm

If there is a million quid up for grabs yes please Very Happy
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Green Villan wrote:I've left other sites because of this higher than you, better fan than you crap, fans can moan if they want, you going to loose sleep? The clicky crap is already starting.

ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:27 pm

I'm getting pretty annoyed with being accused of moaning for moaning sake, I moan for a reason which you always seem to neglect and just start spouting the usual "stop moaning and be positive", I've not once posted telling people they should stop being positive when I don't agree with them.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Green Villan wrote:I'm getting pretty annoyed with being accused of moaning for moaning sake, I moan for a reason which you always seem to neglect and just start spouting the usual "stop moaning and be positive", I've not once posted telling people they should stop being positive when I don't agree with them.

I never mentioned any names matey, all to their own of course it is, it just gets tiresome at times when it seems the villa cant do anything right. I think you have very valid points that you post on here, hence the reason I read them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:34 pm

jimbop wrote:
Green Villan wrote:I'm getting pretty annoyed with being accused of moaning for moaning sake, I moan for a reason which you always seem to neglect and just start spouting the usual "stop moaning and be positive", I've not once posted telling people they should stop being positive when I don't agree with them.

I never mentioned any names matey, all to their own of course it is, it just gets tiresome at times when it seems the villa cant do anything right.  I think you have very valid points that you post on here, hence the reason I read them.

I try to stay positive but when someone (the club) keeps stamping on your foot you tend not to smile any more.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next