The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 29 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Morpheus Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Morpheus
Morpheus

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 29 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 29 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:41 pm

villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 29 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 pm

I like Gabby, over the last few years i feel he has been expected to do 8 x 100 metre sprints a game. He badgers opposing defenders, his weakness is he misses clear cut chances. We are better for having him than not.

Whether a takeover is happening now or not, i feel we are now operating as a company working well within our turnover, and are offering contracts to our better players
Morgan Villa

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 29 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:55 pm

With Gabby it's his lack of movement that does my head in but you could see against Hull he came to life after his goal Hopefully he's got high confidence now with a contract for life and a goal in his last game. If he's at it he's pace is unstoppable and he could easily play alongside Benteke like he did with Carew. Out of the 4 he was the only one consistently at BMH since the window closed so hopefully the others are next up. We have a good big squad with lots of options and depth for the first time in ages. A couple of good results in our next 5 games would do our confidence the world of good.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:14 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Nice one!
Much better though this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6xSbPjybok

I remember watching the game on my own as my parents were taking part in a musical with the local Choral Society. This annoyed me no end as my father was a plop fan and had ribbed me for days leading up to the game that we would indeed get stuffed.

I missed his reaction watching me running around the living room shouting like a madman when the goal went in and then running up and down the front street when the final whistle went shouting 'up the Villa' and 'we're f**king brilliant!!

Thankfully the neighbours just laughed as everyone knew I was the only Villa fan in the street, yet everyone in those days watched the European Cup Final. Even the ladies in our lives could be persuaded.

When my parents returned in the early hours of the morning even though I was in bed I was still awake with excitement and my father just walked into my bedroom, the light from the hallway making him but a shadow, he reached out his hand and firmly shook my own accompanied by a well done. He then left my room without saying another word.

It was probably the only time my late father and i ever hand shook out of respect for the Villa and is something I will never forget.Scarf Waving
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Great story Morph :)
Green Villan
Green Villan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 29 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:25 pm

Morpheus wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Nice one!
Much better though this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6xSbPjybok

I remember watching the game on my own as my parents were taking part in a musical with the local Choral Society. This annoyed me no end as my father was a plop fan and had ribbed me for days leading up to the game that we would indeed get stuffed.

I missed his reaction watching me running around the living room shouting like a madman when the goal went in and then running up and down the front street when the final whistle went shouting 'up the Villa' and 'we're f**king brilliant!!

Thankfully the neighbours just laughed as everyone knew I was the only Villa fan in the street, yet everyone in those days watched the European Cup Final. Even the ladies in our lives could be persuaded.

When my parents returned in the early hours of the morning even though I was in bed I was still awake with excitement and my father just walked into my bedroom, the light from the hallway making him but a shadow, he reached out his hand and firmly shook my own accompanied by a well done. He then left my room without saying another word.

It was probably the only time my late father and i ever hand shook out of respect for the Villa and is something I will never forget.Scarf Waving    
I'm crying into my Horlicks! Good times Morph, good times. Thanks for sharing.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:38 pm

It's been an interesting day and I'd like to thank everyone that has posted, for the manner in which points and opinions were put forward. I'm off to bed with a good book and a mug of Horlicks. Catch you guys tomorrow.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Was a little disappointed that it wasn't takeover news but I'm happy gabby is here to stay it's well deserved , he's not a world beater but well worth a contract for us , Pdc i do believe u think it's the truth and I hope ur right
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Gabby gives us options - end of.

Now about this takeover; it seems that Mr Fox has some money to spend...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Gabby gives us options - end of.

Maybe he might hit the loan market......

We should try and get Salah on loan.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Green Villan wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Gabby gives us options - end of.

Maybe he might hit the loan market......

We should try and get Salah on loan.

When January? Hopefully we will be sold by then and be in a safe enough position to plan for the future. Loans are ok but only if you have a chance of signing them. Once sold we should be looking longer term for signings and development.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Kid Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Delboy, I was giving my opinion. One which I can comfortably say is an opinion shared by others. That you don't agree is fine. Correct, no dates were given. I would love it to happen tomorrow and be proved a doubting Thomas. I just find it strange that a blockbuster headline .." Bid Accepted" hasn't been added to in anyway or with any further info. It's a bit open ended, like the same poster said, I think we can assume the next time Randy speaks will be in ref to the takeover.... derr! There's certainly no tone or intention to my post though I would like ask you what you meant when you said you agree with my name TK?
Trinity Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:16 pm

To be honest mate I wouldn't mind going in for Salah on a permanent if we can foot the monies.

E2A: If we did get Salah or a similar type we could let Grealish play in the CAM role.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:21 pm

For me, while not being impressed with Gabby just lately, I don't mind him being offered a new contract. We have signed ALOT worse of the past few years, why not keep the devil we know. I agree with all the points about his important goals and being played out of position.

I am much more interested in the terms of the contract. If we knew those it would be much more telling about the budget the club is operating under and therefore add / diminish evidence of possible takeover.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:24 pm

GodzoneVilla wrote:For me, while not being impressed with Gabby just lately, I don't mind him being offered a new contract. We have signed ALOT worse of the past few years, why not keep the devil we know. I agree with all the points about his important goals and being played out of position.

I am much more interested in the terms of the contract. If we knew those it would be much more telling about the budget the club is operating under and therefore add / diminish evidence of possible takeover.

The day Randy is open with the fans will be one cold day in hell Wink
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Green Villan wrote:To be honest mate I wouldn't mind going in for Salah on a permanent if we can foot the monies.

E2A: If we did get Salah or a similar type we could let Grealish play in the CAM role.

Permanent!? He would cost more than our whole summer spending mate.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:29 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:
Green Villan wrote:To be honest mate I wouldn't mind going in for Salah on a permanent if we can foot the monies.

I don't think he would though, it may end up down to wages but I don't think the initial would be the problem, I do however think Salah is worth the coin.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Green Villan wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:

I don't think he would though, it may end up down to wages but I don't think the initial would be the problem, I do however think Salah is worth the coin.

I reckon they'd want at least 10M and could probably get that or more.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by supermon Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:31 pm

No news on takeover then Sad got well excited when i saw 48 pages Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 29 1662365926
supermon

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:14 pm

I believe his last contract was not performance based, i hope this one is
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:18 am

Well, We have competition if certain Papers are to be believed, Mirror reporting Spurs are up for sale for a massive £1 Billion, and Newcastle are also up for sale according to the Telegraph as Ashley wants to increase his stake in Rangers...

Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:24 am

Morgan Villa wrote:I like Gabby, over the last few years i feel he has been expected to do 8 x 100 metre sprints a game.  He badgers opposing defenders, his weakness is he misses clear cut chances.  We are better for having him than not.

Whether a takeover is happening now or not, i feel we are now operating as a company working well within our turnover, and are offering contracts to our better players

i'm in the pro Gabby camp aswell.

When hes fully fit and played in his proper position running at defenders, hes a big threat. Defenders hate pace forwards running at them and Gabby doubly so, because he is strong. Yes, the last couple of seasons he has been below par, but remember his form has suffered because of injury and Lamberts persistence in thinking hes a winger.

Hes not a world beater, but if played properly he's an asset.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 am

Olof Mellberg wrote:Well, We have competition if certain Papers are to be believed, Mirror reporting Spurs are up for sale for a massive £1 Billion, and Newcastle are also up for sale according to the Telegraph as Ashley wants to increase his stake in Rangers...

Newcastle have been up for sale for a while now, and Spurs?

Not sure on that one other than i reckon every club outside of Man City and Chelsea are up for sale for the right offer Wink
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:35 am

Olof Mellberg wrote:Well, We have competition if certain Papers are to be believed, Mirror reporting Spurs are up for sale for a massive £1 Billion, and Newcastle are also up for sale according to the Telegraph as Ashley wants to increase his stake in Rangers...

Not too much of a competition in fairness. For 1 billion you get a team 3rd best in London and not in the champions league? - not much more of an attractive proposition than us for $200mill and not in London. Well, the barcodes have been for sale for ages anyway.

Besides if certain sources are to be believed there is no competition because our takeover has been agreed Laughing
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next