The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by StringGhost Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:42 pm

He did say a couple of weeks into September so we need to wait and see first.
Scarf Waving
StringGhost
StringGhost

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 0_star10

http://www.cramlingtonnetwork.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by kimbo Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:58 pm

I imagine some of the Keane stuff has got 'lost in translation' and is a case of Chinese Whispers, but I'd not be surprised to learn that he has a bigger influence than plenty of no 2's in the league. Different people work in different ways, I'm sure it's not as black and white as 'Keane is now running it all'.

Even if it is, then Lambert will have agreed to it.

Scenario - at the end of last season, Lambert was rumoured to be gone. From him using "Villa" instead of "we" or "us" in interviews, to all sorts of rumours that he had said his goodbyes, it was believed that he had as good as left.

He goes off to America and Lerner says, "Look, the sale is going to happen, we just don't know when. Don't be a dick, hang around, save me looking for a new manager. I'll give you a little bit of money to help you out, you know I can't do loads but if something is worth doing we can look at it case by case. I'll sort you a nice fat bonus for helping me out, and if things go well you could get kept on - I'll give you a hell of a reference too".

Lambert replies with, "I need a new backroom staff. Let's talk numbers, I don't need this shit any more, I can't stop eating! But I'll stay on if someone comes in and has a big hand in running things, and I'll hang around to help out you and them".

It's probably not accurate, but if Keane is 'running the show', that is probably not a million miles away from how it happened, including Lambo calling MON and asking what working with Keane is like, followed by a call to Keano saying something along the lines of, "I need a no. 2 to help me out until this takeover happens, fancy it? You can stay with Ireland, I've already spoke to MON; you'll basically be more like my co-manager around the place, but you won't have to put up with the media hassle. If it goes well, you'll look great and we might get kept on by the new owners, and if it doesn't, I'll get the blame, you can go back to Ireland and maybe even TV, and earn yourself some money in the process. That cool?"

Personally I can see a situation where Lambo knows this is probably all just temporary however it's obvious that if we're doing well then they have a fighting chance of staying on. Well, I suppose I can see that scenario because essentially that is the scenario!  Laughing

As for the Lerner hired Eck out of spite theory, I sadly wouldn't be stunned if it was true, but at the same time I think he would have just hired McLaren if that was the case. Unless what happened with McLaren ignited some bitterness in him. Who knows, eh.

Last edited by kimbo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Trinity Kid wrote:Back to the takeover.... A few pages back I made some comments about it being rather embarrassing for this forum that nothing has actually transpired from PDC's info which was backed by forum founders. I have absolutely no problem with any individual saying what they have heard. However, when founder members publicly back it and say "we believe it to be true", that's slightly different in my book. I think it would have been wiser for PDC to come out on his own and then let forum members discuss. That way the integrity of the site can't be questioned. Unless the site is 100% sure without any question it's fact. Again, this is just my opinion and it's good that we can still discuss, if sometimes, heatedly, about a takeover in the takeover thread.

I didn't know that PDC had given dates? And I didin't know that date had passed? Sometime in September was my expectation if any so he's got 3 weeks to go yet?

I don't understand at all is the nature and tone of your post? No one has ever said the info is 100% only that the source of the info is very interesting? PDC, the Mods and Founding Fathers have always been beleive if you want or don't if you want. If they have been told fibs then fair enough I assume they will take whatever their source says with a pinch of salt in future. I don't see how it is embarrassing or how the integrty of the site can be questioned? It's not like they got rich on the back of the rumour?

One thing I do agree with you on TK is your name!

DelboyVilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Trinity Kid wrote:Back to the takeover.... A few pages back I made some comments about it being rather embarrassing for this forum that nothing has actually transpired from PDC's info which was backed by forum founders. I have absolutely no problem with any individual saying what they have heard. However, when founder members publicly back it and say "we believe it to be true", that's slightly different in my book. I think it would have been wiser for PDC to come out on his own and then let forum members discuss. That way the integrity of the site can't be questioned. Unless the site is 100% sure without any question it's fact. Again, this is just my opinion and it's good that we can still discuss, if sometimes, heatedly, about a takeover in the takeover thread.

Im pretty sure they said sometime in September at least the first few weeks, in which case there's plenty of time. And if the info is wrong, who gives a flying fcuk?

Plenty of other forums out there you can use Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 3769219917
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:11 pm

@SkySportsPeteO: Some good news coming up for Aston Villa fans. #avfc

Wonder what this could be?!
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:15 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:

I didn't know that PDC had given dates? And I didin't know that date had passed? Sometime in September was my expectation if any so he's got 3 weeks to go yet?

I don't understand at all is the nature and tone of your post? No one has ever said the info is 100% only that the source of the info is very interesting? PDC, the Mods and Founding Fathers have always been beleive if you want or don't if you want. If they have been told fibs then fair enough I assume they will take whatever their source says with a pinch of salt in future. I don't see how it is embarrassing or how the integrty of the site can be questioned? It's not like they got rich on the back of the rumour?

One thing I do agree with you on TK is your name!

I will never even slightly understand getting 'heated' about it.

If people think there is no takeover due, that's their call. For the record, I have no reason to think one is due, so that is my stance with a big fat dollop of 'hope I'm wrong' in there.

But if people are on here banging on about it....

1) They think the mods are lying, and didn't get any info. So why the fuck are they wasting their time visiting a website run by 'liars'? If people think the mods are lying to get people to the site, surely the way to get back at them is to, y'know, NOT come on the site?
2) If they don't think that the mods are lying, then they did get info, yes? If so, then do what I and many others have done; take the 'passed in good faith' stance and hang around; if not, then we sort of revert back to point 1) - the source is the liar, and therefore why are people wasting time coming on here?

I post on here because I enjoy it. I was a regular on VT for a while a good few years ago, but stopped when all that 'red pen' nonsense was introduced. Not just because of that, but it was the proverbial straw. There are plenty of Villa sites that I am not fond of so I don't visit them, why would I? Some are actually hidden on my NewsNow feed so I don't even have to see them!

If people are getting angry about this site, or have major questions about the integrity of the site, then the genuine question is why come on here?

Seriously, that is not rhetorical; I am actually asking a question.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:@SkySportsPeteO: Some good news coming up for Aston Villa fans. #avfc

Interesting. Probably a new deal for someone?
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:@SkySportsPeteO: Some good news coming up for Aston Villa fans. #avfc

Contracts i reckon.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Who's PeteO?
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Longboy Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Lambert has signed a new 8 year deal? Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 1715320296
Longboy
Longboy

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:26 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:Who's PeteO?

Pete Colley?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Longboy wrote:

Lambert has signed a new 8 year deal? Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 1715320296

Dont do that! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 1420239857
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trezzy Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Gabby has signed a new deal
Trezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Trezzy wrote:Gabby has signed a new deal

Official or Sarcasm? :shock:
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:30 pm

There are talks that Gabby has signed. I'm not bothered if he has, I don't hate him or anything! I am just a lot more bothered about the other 3.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Just a bit of potential good news. Benteke may well play on Saturday

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Seems things are on the up!
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:33 pm

My Old Man wrote:

Pete Colley?

Pete O'Rourke :)

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPeteO
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

PDC Lion wrote:Just a bit of potential good news. Benteke may well play on Saturday

Really? That would be surprising. Hope he isn't being rushed back again.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

PDC Lion wrote:Just a bit of potential good news. Benteke may well play on Saturday

I hope not. We rushed him back last time, give him another 3-4 weeks to get back to 100% rather than chucking him straight back in
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

kimbo wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

Pete Colley?

Pete O'Rourke  :)

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPeteO

Embarassed
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:36 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:

Really? That would be surprising. Hope he isn't being rushed back again.

There were rumours before the start of the season that he was ahead of schedule and could feature during September.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:

I hope not. We rushed him back last time, give him another 3-4 weeks to get back to 100% rather than chucking him straight back in
He is fully fit Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:38 pm

So in 2 days Grealish, Delph and Gabby are all offered new contracts? Who is agreeing these??
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:39 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

He is fully fit Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 3769219917

I guess he must be if he plays but they said that last season and he looked off the pace until Arsenal at home.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next