The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:35 am

It would explain the brilliant first half against Hull. And seven points from nine.

Also ties in with my earlier comment that we've heard there's a completely different mood at BMH at the moment (especially compared to when Cuntyhouse and Karsa were there).

Regardless of his prior managerial record, he's a winner on the football pitch and, if nothing else, he will instil a winning attitude amongst our players.

Last edited by Trotters on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:36 am

Trotters wrote:I thought that, too. I wonder if Fox will have to leak elsewhere. Can't see the Telegraph giving too much of a shit about a midlands team. At least for now! :)

John Percy at the telegraph has been pretty spot on re villa all summer. If I had to guess, I'd say his contact was Keane and not Fox. He's stories have been coming out and on the money since Keane arrived. Before that, very hit and miss. Although they were the first paper to run with the takeover story. I agree, from a meds point of view I can see these guys being first. Matt Law also writes for them and he's a villa fan.

I'd love to share with you what our local journo's think of the club, quite telling and speaks volumes. I hope Fox knows that having a good relationship with the local media is a must and sorts that out.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:40 am

Trotters wrote:It's a shame really. As far as I know, there aren't many places that are willing to discuss a takeover because that's a TBAR thing and other forums seem to be in denial about it all.

But then, I suppose the poor North Koreans are told to ignore how much fun the South Koreans are having. Same thing.

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 404689_252183304850400_100001761972963_588139_911909276_n

They look like they have just won a season ticket for the Bloose!
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:41 am

One last thing for me before I shoot off to physio.

With regards to any info passed on, It's done so on the assumption we're all adults and will make our own minds up on the level of accuracy and validity, so believe, don't believe, it all adds to the discussion and very much welcome, just be polite with your views is all we ask. Very Happy

Ok time to get my spine strecthed and pulled. Play nicely...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:43 am

Your phone autocorrected "sphincter" to "spine".
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:45 am

TheEgo wrote:
jvilla wrote:The telegraph I tells yer will be the one to watch, think Fox uses them to leak info. Delph to be offered proper wages also, none of this says Lerner to me, not a sniff - owner in name only I reckon...

Interesting you say that as I posted some info on the Grealish thread yesterday AM saying he'd been offered a deal and  it would all be sorted. The mail then ran with the same info on the evenimg. Given that info I got seems to bang on, i'll also share what else was said (I didn't see fit before as it seems a little out there)

Paul Lambert is a the front for the club to keep the status quo, but Keane is far more involved than any of us would imagine. It goes as far as picking the team. What do we all make to that? Discuss...
As far as Lambert being nothing more than a figurehead now, how would that benefit anyone. We'd have the same stability with Keane as Manager considering that he has had time to settle at the club. I also couldn't see Lambert putting up with decisions on the team being taken out of his hands. I'm sure that would breach any contract in place.

However where I do think Keane has had more of an influence is in the summer transfer window with the signings of Richardson and Cleverly who might have gone elsewhere without Keane's influence.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:47 am

My first reaction was "if it's true why the hell would Lambert put up with it?" Although I guess if I was continuing to earn what Lambert earns, I'd put up with a lot as well.

I'm not convinced, but someone close enough to Villa to have the Grealish contract news (before the Mail) thinks it's true.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul mcgrath(GOD) Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:48 am

Cheers ego.i find it odd though that keane is picking the team!surely Lambo would have walked?
Paul mcgrath(GOD)

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:51 am

That was my first thought too. But maybe he's been promised a nice shiny gold watch and a large box of £100 notes to help him get over the disappointment.

Plus it wouldn't look too good for him in the media, would it.

So shut up, take the credit for the good start, count your money and look forward to your new job somewhere far from here.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:54 am

TheEgo wrote:
jvilla wrote:The telegraph I tells yer will be the one to watch, think Fox uses them to leak info. Delph to be offered proper wages also, none of this says Lerner to me, not a sniff - owner in name only I reckon...

Interesting you say that as I posted some info on the Grealish thread yesterday AM saying he'd been offered a deal and  it would all be sorted. The mail then ran with the same info on the evenimg. Given that info I got seems to bang on, i'll also share what else was said (I didn't see fit before as it seems a little out there)

Paul Lambert is a the front for the club to keep the status quo, but Keane is far more involved than any of us would imagine. It goes as far as picking the team. What do we all make to that? Discuss...

Don't believe that at all since it would cause a split in the squad and the tactics are pure Lambert.

I do believe however, Lambert is merely seeing things through for the time being. Remember that no loyalty in football quote?

Well Vlaar stopped, so it was definitely not aimed at him.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Curtis Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:56 am

Morpheus wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

As far as Lambert being nothing more than a figurehead now, how would that benefit anyone. We'd have the same stability with Keane as Manager considering that he has had time to settle at the club. I also couldn't see Lambert putting up with decisions on the team being taken out of his hands. I'm sure that would breach any contract in place.

However where I do think Keane has had more of an influence is in the summer transfer window with the signings of Richardson and Cleverly who might have gone elsewhere without Keane's influence.

Didn't I read a few months back that Culverhouse and Karsa pretty much picked the team also?
James_Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:56 am

villabromsgrove wrote:My first reaction was "if it's true why the hell would Lambert put up with it?" Although I guess if I was continuing to earn what Lambert earns, I'd put up with a lot as well.

I'm not convinced, but someone close enough to Villa to have the Grealish contract news (before the Mail) thinks it's true.

The stories always were that Culverhouse and Karsa took training and picked the team last year so maybe this is true and maybe Lambert asked Keane to pick the team? After the nasty goings on last year I don't think Lambert is in a strong position at the moment?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:58 am

My Old Man wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

Don't believe that at all since it would cause a split in the squad and the tactics are pure Lambert.

I do believe however, Lambert is merely seeing things through for the time being. Remember that no loyalty in football quote?

Well Vlaar stopped, so it was definitely not aimed at him.

No it wasn't. Not many people left it could have been aimed at, is there?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:01 am

Trotters wrote:Your phone autocorrected "sphincter" to "spine".

Damn ios8 I'm off to have my sphincter pulled and stretched Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 1420239857 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 1662365926
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:01 am

Paul mcgrath(GOD) wrote:Cheers ego.i find it odd though that keane is picking the team!surely Lambo would have walked?
My feelings as well, but this bit of info is purely for general discussion, all the mods are treating this with a healthy dollop of scepticism.

Everyone please note that this info was tagged on the back of the Grealish contract news (which appears correct), which is the only reason that it's been passed on. It makes an interesting debating point, but that's all at the moment.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:05 am

Paul mcgrath(GOD) wrote:Cheers ego.i find it odd though that keane is picking the team!surely Lambo would have walked?

That's what I thought/think too. This person is VERY close to the Grealish situation, so unless something's been embelished that's what was said. I wouldn't rule anythng out re villa and Lerner, we appointed McCleish remember (oh and that was rumoured to be an act of sheer defiance and bloody mindedness by Lerner, to show people he couldnt be told what to do)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:05 am

James_Curtis wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

Didn't I read a few months back that Culverhouse and Karsa pretty much picked the team also?
If that was true then what was Lambert being paid for?

Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:09 am

Morpheus wrote:
James_Curtis wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

If that was true then what was Lambert being paid for?

Been Lerner's fall guy and spokesperson. This is one area where I do have a little sympathy for PL. He's faced all the takeover Palm and uncertainty around the future, pretty much on his own. Quite what faulkner was doing, I'll never know?! Let's hope we see a stronger and more vocal CEO in Tom Fox.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:09 am

TheEgo wrote:

Interesting. It would explain why PL seems to need "strong characters" as his right-hand men & that'll be why he was saved from the boot when the terrible 2 were ousted last season. It also would explain what was so attractive to RK about the job - all of the control without any public responsibility (no wonder he gave such a gleeful 'best of both worlds' comment in the media last week).

If things really are in transition at the moment, then I'd say we're in quite a reasonable position - a few points on the board, fairly contented squad, good players waiting to return, better mix of experience & "managers" with something to (desperately) prove.

Could, & has been, a lot worse.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:20 am

I assume Keane takes training everyday so he will see who is playing well or not so he should be telling Lambert who to pick. It's then up to Lambert to make the final decision isn't that how all clubs work?? So far this season the status quo has done well only when we changed has it been a flat performance make of that what you will. I just hope they both keep working well together as I think the next 5 games will test the team and the management. Hopefully the new contracts can be sorted ASAP and that'll add to the feel good factor at BMH.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:31 am

TheEgo wrote:

That's what I thought/think too. This person is VERY close to the Grealish situation, so unless something's been embelished that's what was said. I wouldn't rule anythng out re villa and Lerner, we appointed McCleish remember (oh and that was rumoured to be an act of sheer defiance and bloody mindedness by Lerner, to show people he couldnt be told what to do)

I still dont buy it. Not doubting your info, but things sometimes get mixed up.

If he were to say that Lambert is merely "caretaking" then with what we already know or think we know, then you could believe it.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:44 am

TheEgo wrote:

Well, if that bit is true it is as clear an illustration as you will ever see that sometimes very rich people can behave with breathtaking stupidity. Lucky bastard that his dad was rich, with his judgement and behaviour he'd be a very poor man right now if he came from a regular background .
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Lambert has always worked that way. When he came to us the Norwich fans wanted culverhouse to get the job as he did the day to day work anyway. Lambert still lived in Scotland and commuted.

I find it highly unlikely that Keane picks the team but he will have a heavy influence on it as he will run training everyday.

Last edited by Jae1411 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by StringGhost Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Looks like tom is getting to work in the background on players contracts.
Scarf Waving
StringGhost
StringGhost

http://www.cramlingtonnetwork.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Kid Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:36 pm

Back to the takeover.... A few pages back I made some comments about it being rather embarrassing for this forum that nothing has actually transpired from PDC's info which was backed by forum founders. I have absolutely no problem with any individual saying what they have heard. However, when founder members publicly back it and say "we believe it to be true", that's slightly different in my book. I think it would have been wiser for PDC to come out on his own and then let forum members discuss. That way the integrity of the site can't be questioned. Unless the site is 100% sure without any question it's fact. Again, this is just my opinion and it's good that we can still discuss, if sometimes, heatedly, about a takeover in the takeover thread.
Trinity Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next