The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:29 am

Paul mcgrath(GOD) wrote:From reading your last few posts PDC.it sounds like your expecting some sort of announcement pretty soon?
Just looking at it with eyes open mate. Scouting system overhaul to get in better players. Lerner will not pay top wages for top players, so why overhaul scouting system ? Who will fund it ?

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:30 am

PDC Lion wrote:
Paul mcgrath(GOD) wrote:From reading your last few posts PDC.it sounds like your expecting some sort of announcement pretty soon?
Just looking at it with eyes open mate. Scouting system overhaul to get in better players. Lerner will not pay top wages for top players, so why overhaul scouting system ? Who will fund it ?
Unless of course it has nothing to do with Lerner at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:58 am

PDC Lion wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:

Dude, as if you quoted yourself! You'll be speaking in the 3rd person next! "PDC is telling you there'll be a takeover" etc Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:01 pm

kimbo wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:

Dude, as if you quoted yourself! You'll be speaking in the 3rd person next! "PDC is telling you there'll be a takeover" etc Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 498107619
Pressed the quote instead of edit button mate. Very Happy I'll get my coat

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Curtis Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Trotters wrote:
James_Curtis wrote:
Trotters wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:I am a huge fan of the site. I am also a member of a few villa forums, this is the best by a long shot. On most sites you get shot down in flames for any rumour, but all things are considered on here.

With regards to lambert, I am not a fan. He has a serious problems telling his players that their performance is not good enough. How many times have we had 30% pos and he thought that it was acceptable. I also have no idea what he says to them at half time, we always come out looking terrible, and don't get me stared on his subs.

He's the exact opposite of Ron Saunders, huh? <30% possession, hoofball, a loss and "The lads were brilliant and we go again". Tony Morley used to shred oppositions down his flank and yet in response to his expectation of playing the following Saturday, Ron would say "If selected".

As for his half-time talks, I suspect it's more an attempt at personal motivation whilst his opposite number is changing his tactics. Lambert's boys come out all pumped up to go again only to find that things have changed and receive no direction as to how to counter that.

Personally I am not a Lambert 'fan' however I do think he has done a reasonable job (Hear me out). Basically with the squad we have had over the last couple of years the lower half of the table isn't too far off where we should be. I know people will say that Lambert has brought these players which is 100% true and he has spent money however because the wage bill has had to be cut it is unrepresentative. As a former scout for a premier league club I understand how these things work and I am sure there would have been numerous names on Lamberts list and I scouted a lot of players on the continent however my club at the time couldn't afford to pay the wages so it all comes down to you cant attract top players unless you are willing to pay big wages.

Additionally I think it is unfair to say that if it wasn't for lucky results against Man city etc we would have gone down because remember what Sunderland did at the end of the season. Indeed I would like him to be proactive and change a game but realistically with the players we have its not that easy. To make a run for the cup would be greatly appreciated by us all I think but this is a huge season for Lambert. He has his time to bed in, get his squad and yes he had made a good start to the season the next few games against the big boys will test us. Last season we counter attacked the better teams, if we play the same style this season with our seemingly better defence we may just nick a few points. Anyway Up the villa!

None of us really know what happens behind the scenes but, as I've said before, I do believe it's a case of making your mind up about a manager and then highlighting the points that back up your decision whilst ignoring/countering the points that disprove your case.

For me, I imagine that Lerner has told Lambert previously that he's implementing austerity measures and Lambert just blindly agreed - because that supports my stance on the man. It could well be that Lambert pointed out in a very heated manner the dangers of going down such extreme paths. But that doesn't support my argument so I'll just assume that he put his tail between his legs and walked sheepishly out of Lerner's office muttering "We go again". :)

I'll be very interested to hear more from you with your scouting hat on as, I'm certain, will others. It'd certainly give us a perspective we've not had before so feel free to give us your 2 cents. I was most intrigued/surprised when it came to light that Westwood's former manager called him in to say Villa were interested and the lad questioned if they'd got the wrong player. Only to be told the Villa had a 30+ page dossier on him. That's a glimpse of the scenes we just don't get to see much of.

Personally I have never filed a 30+ page report on any player as that was the job of the chief scout. How the scouting system works is the manager would notify the chief scout of a position, preferred age, first teamer/backup player etc then he would delegate that out to us (Normal scouts). My area was Germany, Netherlands and Belgium so I would visit numerous games then I would identify 7/8 players that I think should be pursued further. Then the chief scout and I would liaise with the manager to discuss each player in detail and how they would fit into a system, then it would be whittled down to three players and if I was given the green light I would further scout these three and produce a comprehensive match report spanning a minimum of 500 minutes of football for each player. If at that point I still believed in the player then the chief scout would oversee my work and produce an independent report spanning 270 minutes of football (or 3 matches) and that final 20-30 page dossier would be sent to the manager for a second meeting. The manager would read through the dossier which included detailed technical analysis of the players movements, vision and other attributes. In my experiences at three clubs the manager/assistant manager goes on to watch the player along with the chief scout and usually a manager will know in the first 10/15 minutes whether he has a gut instinct for a player. If he likes what he sees he will watch other players that other scouts have earmarked and produce a list of 1,2,3 players he wants to sign which is then passed on to the chief exec for further pursuit of a player.
James_Curtis

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:08 pm

When are we going to get delph Vlaar and Grealish signed up ?

Lamberk and Gabby we will hopefully never see again when there contract runs out in the summer
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny noodles Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:13 pm

RoyRace wrote:
Eastie wrote:
StevieAVFC14 wrote:As I believe it was a well balanced response to both Eastie and PDC, interesting quote from another MOD "PS: I wrote this unaware of Eastie's excellent post, but I've posted it to show you that mods do sing from the same hymn sheet. Beer".  So there is no difference of opinion between you Guys.   If no one is able to advise how my well balanced (of course could still being under MOD review), please let me know.  UTV

I can't make any sense of this post - your post was critical and replied to by three people all with the same opinion .
Why are you here ? Just to have a pop at TBAR ?

With respect the three people with the same opinion were all Mods and this does seem to be happening a lot on here recently i.e mods supporting each other against others valid opinions.

When I joined this site I did so because it was all about debating the post and not the poster.

Nowadays, it seems that if somebody posts on here with a differing opinion to a mod, other mods join in and debate the poster.

Really like this site but I have felt this vibe a lot recently and it would be a shame to end up like many of the other Villa forums.

As I said this is feedback to you guys with respect as somebody that has been on here for a long time.

Just my opinion though.

That's my opinion also
johnny noodles
johnny noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:18 pm

johnny noodles wrote:
RoyRace wrote:
Eastie wrote:
StevieAVFC14 wrote:As I believe it was a well balanced response to both Eastie and PDC, interesting quote from another MOD "PS: I wrote this unaware of Eastie's excellent post, but I've posted it to show you that mods do sing from the same hymn sheet. Beer".  So there is no difference of opinion between you Guys.   If no one is able to advise how my well balanced (of course could still being under MOD review), please let me know.  UTV

I can't make any sense of this post - your post was critical and replied to by three people all with the same opinion .

With respect the three people with the same opinion were all Mods and this does seem to be happening a lot on here recently i.e mods supporting each other against others valid opinions.

When I joined this site I did so because it was all about debating the post and not the poster.

Nowadays, it seems that if somebody posts on here with a differing opinion to a mod, other mods join in and debate the poster.

Really like this site but I have felt this vibe a lot recently and it would be a shame to end up like many of the other Villa forums.

As I said this is feedback to you guys with respect as somebody that has been on here for a long time.

Just my opinion though.

That's my opinion also

Gonna say these guys make a valid point. The Mods do seem quick to support each other and opposing opinions are being painted as simply "anti-TBAR" of late - I don't see why Viva got banned because, unless he's been sending PMs or posting where I can't see, all he seemed to do was stick to the "no takeover" line with the same determination as others have stuck to the "takeover is afoot" line

That said, I still prefer this place to other forums
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr T Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:04 pm

No takeover in place business as usual this season unless surprise purchase which looks unlikely at moment no firm interest told ceo will look to put us in a better position financially to attract more interest this comes from a good contact within club
Mr T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Mr T wrote:No takeover in place business as usual this season unless surprise purchase which looks unlikely at moment no firm interest told ceo will look to put us in a better position financially to attract more interest this comes from a good contact within club
Cheers for the info pal. Good to have you here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:19 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Mr T wrote:No takeover in place business as usual this season unless surprise purchase which looks unlikely at moment no firm interest told ceo will look to put us in a better position financially to attract more interest this comes from a good contact within club
whats your opinion on this  PDC
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:23 pm

Well thats good to hear Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 1558371468
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
johnny noodles wrote:
RoyRace wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Just my opinion though.

That's my opinion also

Gonna say these guys make a valid point. The Mods do seem quick to support each other and opposing opinions are being painted as simply "anti-TBAR" of late - I don't see why Viva got banned because, unless he's been sending PMs or posting where I can't see, all he seemed to do was stick to the "no takeover" line with the same determination as others have stuck to the "takeover is afoot" line

That said, I still prefer this place to other forums

I think any conflict that arises is due to people bringing other peoples integrity into question, or at least it comes across like that sometimes. I think the site got a lot of grief in its early days for putting its neck out on the line, and once bitten twice shy, with the best form of defence being attack.

Its understandable when you are being accused of lying or making things up in the hope of making this site more popular. Thats a slur that would upset everyone whom posts here regularly.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Kakacroom wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
My opinion is that MrT has shared some information that has been passed to him and shared it on here, to be commended for doing so. Just because what he has heard is not what i have heard does not make it any less important. I am still of the belief that a positive outcome is on the cards, very positive and it will not involve Mr Lerner being at AVFC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:41 pm

We do take on board constructive criticism - I think regarding mods seen to be backing each other - for a long time I was the only mod about at certain times of the day - we have since recruited the excellent additions of  Theego and villabromsgrove  and sometimes have 3 or more mods on at any one point - any decision to back someone's opinion is a personal decision and not because they are supporting a follow mod .

Anyone with concerns is more than welcome to pm me or any mod at any time .

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:57 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
My opinion is that MrT has shared some information that has been passed to him and shared it on here, to be commended for doing so. Just because what he has heard is not what i have heard does not make it any less important. I am still of the belief that a positive outcome is on the cards, very positive and it will not involve Mr Lerner being at AVFC.
PDC your the only one who interests me on this site so keep the info coming :moon:
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Thank you kakacroom Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:09 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:

The longer it drags on, the less encouraged I get. But then I'm still bewildered as to what convinced Tom Fox to come here. I look what Dan's source said which was backed up by other info (and if we told you one of the sources, you'd be excited as fuck!) and I cannot help but be convinced that the sun has set on Randy's tenure and it's just a matter of red tape until we see the new guy.

Each day seems like a bloody week though, doesn't it?
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Trotters wrote:But then I'm still bewildered as to what convinced Tom Fox to come here

This is the only thing giving me hope that something is in the works. I can't understand him joining the Villa to work with Lerner and I'm clinging to that fact like a fat fucker clings to cake
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Mmmmmm........cake.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Trotters wrote:But then I'm still bewildered as to what convinced Tom Fox to come here

This is the only thing giving me hope that something is in the works. I can't understand him joining the Villa to work with Lerner and I'm clinging to that fact like a fat fucker clings to cake
Im not fat but give me cake every day Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Trotters wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:

The longer it drags on, the less encouraged I get. But then I'm still bewildered as to what convinced Tom Fox to come here. I look what Dan's source said which was backed up by other info (and if we told you one of the sources, you'd be excited as fuck!) and I cannot help but be convinced that the sun has set on Randy's tenure and it's just a matter of red tape until we see the new guy.

Each day seems like a bloody week though, doesn't it?
Who is Dan? Suspect And please could you tell again what this source said Popcorn I need my takeover fix for the day... lol!
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Trotters wrote:Mmmmmm........cake.

PDC Lion wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

I'ma  little concerned that you both latched onto the cake part of my post
Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 Diabeetus_f26d77_2341583
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:29 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

I *am* fat, and I don't cling to no cake, I eat the fecker.

Last edited by kimbo on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Trotters wrote:Mmmmmm........cake.

PDC Lion wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

I'ma  little concerned that you both latched onto the cake part of my post
Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 Diabeetus_f26d77_2341583
Where did you get that picture of me from ? and that's my cake so leave alone. Dancing Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next