The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:39 pm

Welcome to TBAR, Ed. Keane would certainly have connections - at least to Man Utd. I guess that rules them out though (not being anywhere near Top 4 :) )
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:40 pm

edwarfa1 wrote:First time poster here been enjoying and following all the takeover talk:-) just to add a little more fuel to the takeover and it could be nothing but certain back room staff that worked in the MoN years and left during Lambert's early years.... have been re employed from a top four team can't say anymore as family... Could be the Keane connection but positive move. Please do not push on this but wanted to share with you guys UTV
Cheers edwarfa1. Thanks for sharing info. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 3769219917
Welcome by the way, enjoy. Beer Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by edwarfa1 Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:00 am

Thanks guys... My feelings are lambert reduced back room whether for financial reason or not although doubt as not top dollars but fact he has brought back into the fold is a positive... Will do best to find out more without jeopardising jobs all points in right direction.. Growth
edwarfa1

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:03 am

Just hope fox signs up vlaar gabby grealish and delph wouldn't mind see Hutton offered a contract if he continues he's form next 5 games will separate the men from the boys
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:03 am

edwarfa1 wrote:Thanks guys... My feelings are lambert reduced back room whether for financial reason or not although doubt as not top dollars but fact he has brought back into the fold is a positive... Will do best to find out more without jeopardising jobs all points in right direction.. Growth
Cheers pal. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpe_DHuez Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:39 am

Anyone shed any light on this backroom staff movement? Needs some detective work
Alpe_DHuez
Alpe_DHuez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:58 am

edwarfa1 wrote:First time poster here been enjoying and following all the takeover talk:-) just to add a little more fuel to the takeover and it could be nothing but certain back room staff that worked in the MoN years and left during Lambert's early years.... have been re employed from a top four team can't say anymore as family... Could be the Keane connection but positive move. Please do not push on this but wanted to share with you guys UTV

Takeover will be soon done and then the great messiah mon will ride through the streets of Aston on his return. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:01 am

edwarfa1 wrote:Thanks guys... My feelings are lambert reduced back room whether for financial reason or not although doubt as not top dollars but fact he has brought back into the fold is a positive... Will do best to find out more without jeopardising jobs all points in right direction.. Growth

Indeed . A wam welcome - are we talking about one returning member of staff or more?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:32 am

Eastie wrote:

Takeover will be soon  done and then the great messiah mon will ride through the streets of Aston on his return. cheers

I think I'd vomit blood.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:55 am

Eastie wrote:

Takeover will be soon  done and then the great messiah mon will ride through the streets of Aston on his return. cheers

No thanks!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by sligolion Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:04 am

Have to agree with mazrim on this one.MON should never darken our doorstep again.
sligolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:16 am

It was a tongue in cheek comment although pat murphy did say he believes mon has not finished with the premiership .
Irish consortium, would explain keanes arrival ?
Stranger things have happened Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:18 am

Billy Walker wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
Morgan Villa wrote:At the moment we have to stick with Lambert.

Last seasons football was terrible and some of the worst i have ever witnessed.  At the end of the season i wanted him out.  This window of opportunity for me passed when we got to pre season.  Chopping and changing will do us no good and having the same manager has helped us keep up some kind of continuity after MON walked out and then the nightmares that followed.

After calming down and looking at the big picture i feel he has probably done what is expected of him within a tight budget, for us fans it has been painful but in the eyes of others he has excelled and succeeded.  You only have to look at the team sheets last season to see a team of players who were not Premier league players.  Most have been moved on because they served the purpose of filling a squad with players wanting to impress whilst the balance sheet was turned into something more attractive.

Lambert has to deliver in the build up to Xmas and the January transfer window, we now have a strong squad that can get into the top half of the table, if Lambert cannot deliver this then he has to go no excuses. If he gets us into the top half and keeps us there from November to January then maybe we wrote off the manager under extreme circumstances.

Which ever way you look at it pro or anti Lambert we all have to agree he has to deliver this season and he has to deliver fast
When I first read this post it made my blood boil and I really did want to have a rattle at it but for the sake of cordiality I will rein myself in a little.

I'm sure you will be able to find those who would say that due to the previous and current financial constraints Lambert has done what was expected of him and indeed 'excelled and succeeded' in that.

You could also say that using the same excuse again the players purchased by Lambert were not of Premier League standard and we shouldn't have expected anymore than securing our Premier League status by the penultimate game over the last two seasons.

So Benteke and Vlaar weren't signed then on the basis of decent scouting but rather out of pure luck? You see what I'm getting at here? If all of Lambert's choices in the transfer market are going to be excused by poor financial backing then how do you explain his minor successes?

I would explain it by personal choice of player.

I nor anyone else would expect any manager to have a 100% rate of success in the transfer market especially while on a limited budget but the majority of Lambert's choices in the transfer market have been so exhaustingly terrible that he has ditched the youth policy in favour of a better balance of youth with Premiership experience while bringing back several of the Bomb Squad members and this was forced upon him not by budget constraints but by awful results which broke all the wrong records at our club.

More importantly this change in transfer policy has been exercised through the same budget constraints which ultimately suggests does it not that the debacle over the past two seasons under Lambert on and off the pitch was more to do with Lambert's personal choice rather than limited finance?

How do you know it wasn't part of Lambert's long term-strategy to, at some point, stop buying "young and hungry" and to then focus on experience in order to supplement the squad?  Villa are now in the position of having a pretty experienced squad (twenty full internationals in a squad of twenty-five) with an average age of approximately twenty-five.   We have some talented players out on loan, too.   From where I am standing Lambert has done a remarkable job of rebuilding the club whilst it has had to financially downsize.   That he has managed to keep the club afloat and in the top flight amid the turmoil is of great credit to him.

I take on board the horrors of some of our performances over the past couple of years but this will happen when a manager comes in with a long-term vision to rebuild.
Buying 'young and hungry' is fine if it is your long term plan is to amalgamate those with more experienced players.

What isn't fine is first alienating your more experienced players already at the club then trying to offload those 'young and hungry'' players when you realise you've spent the majority of your limited budget on shite.

If you see that as long term vision, credible and remarkable then I suggest you go to Spec Savers.

Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:26 am

Agree with morph , totally

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:36 am

Morgan Villa wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
Morgan Villa wrote:At the moment we have to stick with Lambert.

Last seasons football was terrible and some of the worst i have ever witnessed.  At the end of the season i wanted him out.  This window of opportunity for me passed when we got to pre season.  Chopping and changing will do us no good and having the same manager has helped us keep up some kind of continuity after MON walked out and then the nightmares that followed.

After calming down and looking at the big picture i feel he has probably done what is expected of him within a tight budget, for us fans it has been painful but in the eyes of others he has excelled and succeeded.  You only have to look at the team sheets last season to see a team of players who were not Premier league players.  Most have been moved on because they served the purpose of filling a squad with players wanting to impress whilst the balance sheet was turned into something more attractive.

Lambert has to deliver in the build up to Xmas and the January transfer window, we now have a strong squad that can get into the top half of the table, if Lambert cannot deliver this then he has to go no excuses. If he gets us into the top half and keeps us there from November to January then maybe we wrote off the manager under extreme circumstances.

Which ever way you look at it pro or anti Lambert we all have to agree he has to deliver this season and he has to deliver fast
When I first read this post it made my blood boil and I really did want to have a rattle at it but for the sake of cordiality I will rein myself in a little.

I'm sure you will be able to find those who would say that due to the previous and current financial constraints Lambert has done what was expected of him and indeed 'excelled and succeeded' in that.

You could also say that using the same excuse again the players purchased by Lambert were not of Premier League standard and we shouldn't have expected anymore than securing our Premier League status by the penultimate game over the last two seasons.

So Benteke and Vlaar weren't signed then on the basis of decent scouting but rather out of pure luck? You see what I'm getting at here? If all of Lambert's choices in the transfer market are going to be excused by poor financial backing then how do you explain his minor successes?

I would explain it by personal choice of player.

I nor anyone else would expect any manager to have a 100% rate of success in the transfer market especially while on a limited budget but the majority of Lambert's choices in the transfer market have been so exhaustingly terrible that he has ditched the youth policy in favour of a better balance of youth with Premiership experience while bringing back several of the Bomb Squad members and this was forced upon him not by budget constraints but by awful results which broke all the wrong records at our club.

More importantly this change in transfer policy has been exercised through the same budget constraints which ultimately suggests does it not that the debacle over the past two seasons under Lambert on and off the pitch was more to do with Lambert's personal choice rather than limited finance?

I think you have read this as if i am pro Lambert which i am not, for the sake of the club i dont see how removing him now would benefit us.  If however by November the results take a downward spiral then he should be sacked. This would give the new manager time to evaluate any weaknesses so they can bring in re inforcements.  Vlaar and Benteke are only two players on the team sheet.  Lowton, Westwood, Bacuna, Bowery are on considerably less money than the likes of Richardson, Cole and Sanchez.

The last two seasons Lambert may have an excuse but this season he doesn't and he has no where to hide, the squad is much stronger, i think fans patience will be very thin this year, in Lerners eyes Lambert is a wet dream and so in his eyes he has exceeeded because as a season ticket holder i am baffled how we stayed in the Prem last season
Paying less money doesn't excuse rank bad signings so that is a moot argument for a start. You only have to look at Benteke who received an improved contract because he was a good signing and the same will happen with Vlaar.

As impossible as it may seem we stayed in the Premiership last season due to three teams being worse than us rather than Lambert being some miracle worker which another poster has just alluded to above.

At any other Premiership club Lambert would have been sacked for some of the worst football I've ever seen our team play due to a catastrophic transfer policy. Lambert is still our manager due to present circumstance rather than any performance level.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:45 am

Absolutely morph - how lambert is in a job is beyond me - it's just the fact the owner has lost interest in the club that has saved lambert - an owner who had a clue or cared would have sacked him several times over .
Get rid -asap!!!!!

I am not a lambert hater - I am an Aston Villa lover Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:54 am

Lerner's sport teams have never been successful. There is no relegation in the NFL, and Villa have so far avoided relegation, that means Lambert has been a success as far as Randy is concerned.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:28 am

And with a remit like that, it's no wonder managers sue Lerner for wrongful dismissal. His public announcement of the sale process and his unwavering support of Lambert under the conditions placed upon him was a gun aimed squarely at his own foot should he try to get rid of him at any stage.

After MoN settling for an undisclosed amount, you'd think it'd be a mistake to learn from.

And that will be a big part of how Lerner will be remembered...failure to learn from awful mistakes.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:32 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Lerner's sport teams have never been successful. There is no relegation in the NFL, and Villa have so far avoided relegation, that means Lambert has been a success as far as Randy is concerned.
Yes villabromsgrove that's a very good point which leads to the expectation level fans v chairman.

I haven't been party to any villa fan since Lerner's cost cutting stating that we should be challenging for Champions League or even finishing in the top six.

We are generally a realistic lot with expectations to suit but I would hazard a guess that there were very few Villa fans who would have accepted or expected two relegation battles when Lambert first came to the club.

Lerner over his last two statements has been very cute in driving down even mid table expectations and actually convincing some of the fan base that Lambert presiding over relegation battles is somehow acceptable for Aston Villa and indeed we have had one poster here who has deemed that a remarkable achievement under the circumstances.

I guarantee you that if we had been relegated Lerner would have sent another statement out to his congregation that relegation was unfortunately inevitable due to no longer being able to compete financially in the Premier League and no blame should be attached to the manager who did the best he could under the circumstances. There would have been no mention of Lambert wasting 35m on absolute crap through his own arrogance and he would have been retained in the Championship.

Those gullible fans would have eaten that up in the very same way they are doing now and would have continued to excuse a chairman who wouldn't rather than couldn't make more investment available while still excusing a manager in the hope that he could get us promoted because he had done it before.

Basically some of us are far too fecking patient for our own good and maybe, just maybe, some of us are continually excepting mediocrity because quite frankly we have become used to it with our claret & Blue specs on.

Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:43 am

The acceptance of something much less than mediocrity is what the noses do - and look at the state they're in.

Under Ellis, the £ signs would have had repeated showings. But the club had certain people firmly in their pocket to control the internet masses and have managed, brilliantly, to lower our expectations without us putting up so much as a whimper in protest.

Over the last few years, it's the only thing they've done fantastically well.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:48 am

Realistically a club like villa should be competing for a top 8 place as minimum .
Too many fans are grateful to be in this league - I think the older fanbase are far more critical as we know and have seen this club win the top trophies .

To see the club struggling to compete with the likes of stoke or hull is depressing - this is a huge club and fanbase - too many are happy just to exist - that has soread from owner to some fans in my opinion.

It breaks my heart that some fans actually think lambert has been a good manager here - the emperor has no clothes Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 1662365926

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:55 am

Top 8. The occasional tilt at CL spots with a top 4 finish once every 5 years. A half decent cup run in one competition and a red hot go in the other with silverware from that once every 4 or 5.

That's my expectation of the club.

A new owner, a switched on CEO and a brilliant manager with a proper scouting network to back him up and there's no reason we shouldn't be able to have a go at the title once every so often (and before you laugh, look at how well Diego Simeone has done).

Now though...well, I don't expect anything at all.

It's pathetic.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Lambert :wanker:
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:02 pm

VillaBill wrote:Lambert :wanker:

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:09 pm

I agree with everyone who has referred to a lowering of fans expectations. It's been about the only thing that Lerner has done successfully …. but, Our current squad means that if we have average luck with injuries, then our bench will be about as strong as our first eleven, and one or two decent players may not even make the match day squad. It sounds good doesn't it, until you realise that our first team still isn't any better than a mid table side.

However, there is a platform for our new owner/s to build on, and the addition of 2/3 really good players each summer will see us able to challenge the top sixth/seventh side in a couple of seasons. That's if we can secure our current best players on new contracts.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next