The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 26 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by B62 Villa Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:14 pm

272 matches 68 goals, for around £50k pw that's an awful return, yes he does hzve other attributes he brings to the table, but 4 years!!
I take it we have no shining new owner waiting in the wings, or surely we wouldn't have offered Gabby 4 more years.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 26 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 26 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Withes Sweatbands Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Takeover or not and whether you think it's justified or not something has definitely changed in relation to the outlook of the club .. At the end of last season I think tying gabby up on a 4 year lucrative contract which it is undoubtedly iwould have been a big no go ... I'd love to know what's going on ... Just for Delphi and vlarr now ....
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 26 Shit_g10

He should just quit.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 26 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:18 pm

This club has been bent over for the best part of 5 years and seemingly another 4 more years by Gabby.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:19 pm

I like gabby, we all know that he is not the best finisher but his pace scares most defenders. I am hoping that he proves a few doubters wrong.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:24 pm

We should be selling him not giving him a four year contract.

For me just as bad a deal as the Given contract. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 26 1715320296 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 26 1715320296 :wanker: :x Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 26 1015550615 🤦
Morpheus
Morpheus

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 26 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I like gabby, we all know that he is not the best finisher but his pace scares most defenders. I am hoping that he proves a few doubters wrong.

Might just be me but he hasn't used his pace to scare defenders for 3 years since he bulked up and stopped running or working hard
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 26 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:25 pm

I think he will do well this season, I am normally wrong though lol
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Trezzy wrote:um??? im a Gabby fan but this shows theres no big money coming into the club any time soon

Well not exactly!

We wanted Gabby to drop his wage demands to fit into the clubs structure, which i am pretty sure would of been declined by his agent,hence the delay. Now money has been found from somewhere and there seems to be a change in our dealings recently. New CEO getting Randy to smell the coffee or new investment/owner?

Last edited by My Old Man on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I like gabby, we all know that he is not the best finisher but his pace scares most defenders. I am hoping that he proves a few doubters wrong.

His pace may do today and in the past, but hes 28 next month probably has 2 years or so at his peak left, Id be ok with signing him for 2 years on a reduced salary, but the big media build up, and a 4 year deal....if hes still on big wages and hes still here at 31-32 be money that would be better suited elsewhere IMO.
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trezzy Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:28 pm

MOM, I hear what your saying bud but what im saying is that Gabby is not a top striker.. again, im a fan of Gabby and have been since day one and im delighted he has signed a new deal but if I were a new owner I would be thinking how I win over the fans quickly and that for me would be to spend big money on a striker..

I hope im very very wrong
Trezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Things like this always make me feel happy to know I will always find work - if the fucking morons who run these marketing campaigns can be paid to do so then I'll be fine!

Twitter Q&As should be banned
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Lol villa_dan. It was never going to go well.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:34 pm

4 years: is that one year for each goal he scored last season Wink (actually it sounds like it's a 3 yr extension to current deal)

I don't mind Gabby. I think it's good that one of our most senior players is someone who came through the ranks at the club, so in that sense I'm happy for him to stay on. And we can be a bit harsh on his goal rate when you consider that he's probably played more games for us out wide than as central striker (esp the last few years).

on the flipside, I think there's a danger he's become a bit comfortable here & will be even more so now. he's got this new deal without showing any real consistency in form.

The most positive aspect is that this suggests we're working on contracts for those that need them. Gabby was always going to be the easiest to sign up 'cause we know he's gonna be perfectly happy to play out his career here. The others have more to consider but hopefully will follow suit soon.
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Trezzy wrote:MOM, I hear what your saying bud but what im saying is that Gabby is not a top striker.. again, im a fan of Gabby and have been since day one and im delighted he has signed a new deal but if I were a new owner I would be thinking how I win over the fans quickly and that for me would be to spend big money on a striker..

I hope im very very wrong

Depends when any new owner comes in and whether they are keeping Lambert on for the season. Also like you say concerning Gabby not being a "top striker" then the fact we have found this extra cash for him and not sold him to bring in a cheaper alternative (wage wise) for me, is a good sign for the future.

There has been a fundamental change in how we were operating, that has to be good? 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:42 pm

switters wrote:

on the flipside, I think there's a danger he's become a bit comfortable here & will be even more so now. he's got this new deal without showing any real consistency in form.

What...with Roy Keane around?

Keane would have had some input in this, and if he is happy with Gabby aswell as Lambert, then something must be in the water at Bodymoor, since on the playing side we seem quite bouncy at the moment.

Do the players know something we dont?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:45 pm

No.

I think Lerner is doing what is required at the moment.

I think this has nothing to do with new ownership or anything even remotely close to that.

tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Have to say I'm not impressed at this turn of events."Good news"? No. Just "News" working on "Disappointing news". I'm afraid I don't subscribe to the sentimentality that apparently he has towards the club and that which a lot of fans definitely have towards him because he "Is one of us".

Of course he wants to play for us. He's comfortable here and we pay him a stupendous weekly wage for being actually not all that good. For a forward his strike rate isn't good enough and he has Zog levels of football intelligence.

I'm "One of us" and not all that good but I shouldn't be handed a four year deal either. I have no clue why we are handing this guy a four year deal unless he has taken an absolutely massive pay cut - and what are the chances of that?
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Doug Ellis is on WM, and he knows nothing about the takeover and is pleading with the fans to attend the games.
If there is a takeover going on, he is being kept out the loop.
Saunders

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:00 pm

It's not looking good for the takeover. I wonder if PDC has anymore news on it?
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:It's not looking good for the takeover. I wonder if PDC has anymore news on it?
My source says it is still on. So i believe them 100%

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Really hope your source is on the money with this one pal. Today's tweets really were journalists taking the piss out of us.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:08 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:Really hope your source is on the money with this one pal. Today's tweets really were journalists taking the piss out of us.

Journos, in general, only just about rank above politicians in my eyes - lying, self-serving, ambulance-chasing tossers
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by philvilla Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:09 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:It's not looking good for the takeover. I wonder if PDC has anymore news on it?
My source says it is still on. So i believe them 100%

You've certainly put your bollocks on the line with this one!!!!
philvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next