The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+102
Kaz
mrshnn
Wigteke
marcxc1983
omariqy
Zidane
pcfbavfcoman
supermon
GodzoneVilla
BournVilla
Villa1967
Saunders
Withes Sweatbands
Leafs1201
Southern Villan
DancinPete
Mikethevillan
Olof Mellberg
Longboy
Jimmycarr
Jae1411
DN1982
allseasmarine
viva_la_amo
philvilla
mini_ beest
Sky
tbarrules
switters
banneruk
roba19
jvilla
Synopsis
Trinity Kid
pooligan
DaveAV1
AVFClee
Saunders82
upthevilla76
ejs1111
Army villain
Malandro
StringGhost
jeffvilla
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Heisenberg
Mr T
johnny noodles
Villarocks666
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
bazzah
James_Curtis
Steveallen79
danclare82
adamvilla51
Chrissylee1111
RoyRace
mickeywya
HarryAVFC
USVillan
StevieAVFC14
Trezzy
sligolion
Mazrim
edwarfa1
lukevilla
Billy Walker
Fpuppys
UnclePanda
gdav
heystally!
Tomy-Flemba
Dions_Bald_Head
De Kuip
Morgan Villa
ember
Alpe_DHuez
Jpmangel
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
davevilla
Green Villan
Denis_B
South London Villan
KMitch
smoke
My Old Man
Villa_Dan
Morpheus
CTVillan
Kakacroom
Coseley Villa
Keyser Soze
VillaBill
phil__
GadgetMan
kimbo
Trotters
villabromsgrove
LVBrit
TheLeftSide
B62 Villa
106 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:33 pm

Just looking at that cake makes me wonder - which dozy twat cut it like that???
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Heisenberg wrote:
Trotters wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
Mr T wrote:No takeover in place business as usual this season unless surprise purchase which looks unlikely at moment no firm interest told ceo will look to put us in a better position financially to attract more interest this comes from a good contact within club
Cheers for the info pal. Good to have you here.
whats your opinion on this  PDC
My opinion is that MrT has shared some information that has been passed to him and shared it on here, to be commended for doing so. Just because what he has heard is not what i have heard does not make it any less important. I am still of the belief that a positive outcome is on the cards, very positive and it will not involve Mr Lerner being at AVFC.

The longer it drags on, the less encouraged I get. But then I'm still bewildered as to what convinced Tom Fox to come here. I look what Dan's source said which was backed up by other info (and if we told you one of the sources, you'd be excited as fuck!) and I cannot help but be convinced that the sun has set on Randy's tenure and it's just a matter of red tape until we see the new guy.

Each day seems like a bloody week though, doesn't it?
Who is Dan? Suspect  And please could you tell again what this source said Popcorn  I need my takeover fix for the day... lol!

PDC: Puerto Dan Carmen.

Sorry for the confusioning.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:38 pm

In an ideal World the need for people to moderate on a public forum should be ridulous as all of us are Villa fans and want the same thing at the end of the day which is a successful club.

Now the problems come that not all fans have the idea of success and how this success should be acheived. Some people are unable to agrue a point or part take in a discussion with lowering themselves to using personal insults.

We therefore need mods to prevent these people from spoiling the forum for everyone else. Different forums are moderated in different ways and TBAR is far less confrontational than many sites and is quite a nice place to sit and post or lurk without listening to page after page of petty arguing.
DelboyVilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:45 pm

Yep!

One thing I do look forward to when we do have a new owner (depending on wealth) is having a discussion about doing it the "right way" or the Man City way".

I read a post earlier about wanting to do it the traditional way. I liked that idea: a mix of local talent with stunning world class players.

But then I can't help but think that it's tradition that will hold us back. Steadfastly holding onto something while the leaders run away, raping and pillaging the league of trophies and money.

So a rich whore with fantastic tits or a poor but classy, ageing milf?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:47 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
johnny noodles wrote:
RoyRace wrote:
Eastie wrote:
StevieAVFC14 wrote:As I believe it was a well balanced response to both Eastie and PDC, interesting quote from another MOD "PS: I wrote this unaware of Eastie's excellent post, but I've posted it to show you that mods do sing from the same hymn sheet. Beer".  So there is no difference of opinion between you Guys.   If no one is able to advise how my well balanced (of course could still being under MOD review), please let me know.  UTV

I can't make any sense of this post - your post was critical and replied to by three people all with the same opinion .
Why are you here ? Just to have a pop at TBAR ?

With respect the three people with the same opinion were all Mods and this does seem to be happening a lot on here recently i.e mods supporting each other against others valid opinions.

When I joined this site I did so because it was all about debating the post and not the poster.

Nowadays, it seems that if somebody posts on here with a differing opinion to a mod, other mods join in and debate the poster.

Really like this site but I have felt this vibe a lot recently and it would be a shame to end up like many of the other Villa forums.

As I said this is feedback to you guys with respect as somebody that has been on here for a long time.

Just my opinion though.

That's my opinion also

Gonna say these guys make a valid point. The Mods do seem quick to support each other and opposing opinions are being painted as simply "anti-TBAR" of late - I don't see why Viva got banned because, unless he's been sending PMs or posting where I can't see, all he seemed to do was stick to the "no takeover" line with the same determination as others have stuck to the "takeover is afoot" line

That said, I still prefer this place to other forums

I think any conflict that arises is due to people bringing other peoples integrity into question, or at least it comes across like that sometimes. I think the site got a lot of grief in its early days for putting its neck out on the line, and once bitten twice shy, with the best form of defence being attack.

Its understandable when you are being accused of lying or making things up in the hope of making this site more popular. Thats a slur that would upset everyone whom posts here regularly.

Yeah that is pretty much how I see it. To bring Viva up like he has done nothing but debated a point ignores the fact that whatever way you try to paint it, he called the mods a bunch of liars; and that's naturally going to go down like a lead balloon.

I have very little belief that a takeover is on; I have not closed the door on that hope but I just see virtually nothing to suggest otherwise. However I am not privy to the info that the mods have received so maybe I would see things differently if I were (don't worry, I'm not asking to!) and I'm certainly not going to accuse anyone of lying, be it the mods, Viva and his sponsor friend, Mr T with his first post or anyone else, unless I see good reason to. There are certain proven liars (or, at the very least, people who pass on duff information) on Twitter - TransTweet, Incog etc etc - but I don't think anyone on here is lying (at least not any more; maybe there were a few in the early summer... Dancing Banana and all that....) and I don't like seeing such accusations aimed at people, so if it was aimed directly at me I'd be royally fucked off, to say the least. Consequently I can't blame those internet milk monitor types for taking such a stance.
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi guys - last post for a while - due to family bereavement I will be off site for a month or so - hoping the takeover is done by my return - best wishes, mark!

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Just looking at that cake makes me wonder - which dozy twat cut it like that???

Ha, I'm glad I wasn't alone in thinking that! Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Eastie wrote:Hi guys - last post for a while - due to family bereavement I will be off site for a month or so - hoping the takeover is done by my return - best wishes, mark!

Sorry to hear that bud
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Eastie wrote:Hi guys - last post for a while - due to family bereavement I will be off site for a month or so - hoping the takeover is done by my return - best wishes, mark!

All the best dude, stay strong.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Take care Eastie, and pop in behind the scenes (when you feel up to it) Best of luck mate.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:56 pm

I'm sure you can appreciate that we can't say who PDC's source is - fact is, I don't even know - he (or she?) hasn't been the only one to come forward with almost identical info over the last few weeks. One of these came out not too long ago and I had a "holy fuck" moment when I saw the name (no, don't ask :) )

That this person and Dan's source were saying pretty much the same things is what is keeping me from going to the toilet on a regular basis.

Add in why Fox is here and our sudden ability to attract a player like Sanchez and go so far as to buying him out of two contracts then we have a situation.

The question for me now is what's holding it up? Hope long do legal matters take? How long does stock market stuff take (if that's what's needed)? Are there cooling off periods? Has there been an agreed hand-over timeframe? How long does "fit and proper" take?

I have no clue to any of those answers or even if they're the right questions. But I still feel that something is most definitely up.

Last edited by Trotters on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:57 pm

kimbo wrote:Yeah that is pretty much how I see it. To bring Viva up like he has done nothing but debated a point ignores the fact that whatever way you try to paint it, he called the mods a bunch of liars; and that's naturally going to go down like a lead balloon.

I didn't see him call them liars, if that's the case then they've every reason to defend their standpoint
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Yes stay strong Eastie sad news.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
kimbo wrote:Yeah that is pretty much how I see it. To bring Viva up like he has done nothing but debated a point ignores the fact that whatever way you try to paint it, he called the mods a bunch of liars; and that's naturally going to go down like a lead balloon.

I didn't see him call them liars, if that's the case then they've every reason to defend their standpoint

Fairy Nuff. I think it was something like "brave to make up lies just to get people to the site" or something, but anyway, yeah. All's good! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 3769219917
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyRace Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:03 pm

Talkshite saying that Delph starting tonight.

Sign him up Foxy!!!
RoyRace
RoyRace

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:04 pm

It was something like that he said. And then told Ego he had an obligation to disagree with him about Cleverley coming in. An obligation?? What the actual fuck?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:05 pm

RoyRace wrote:Talkshite saying that Delph starting tonight.

Sign him up Foxy!!!

His call up has come at the worst time. He'll be getting tapped up fo sho!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
johnny noodles wrote:
RoyRace wrote:
Eastie wrote:
StevieAVFC14 wrote:As I believe it was a well balanced response to both Eastie and PDC, interesting quote from another MOD "PS: I wrote this unaware of Eastie's excellent post, but I've posted it to show you that mods do sing from the same hymn sheet. Beer".  So there is no difference of opinion between you Guys.   If no one is able to advise how my well balanced (of course could still being under MOD review), please let me know.  UTV

I can't make any sense of this post - your post was critical and replied to by three people all with the same opinion .
Why are you here ? Just to have a pop at TBAR ?

With respect the three people with the same opinion were all Mods and this does seem to be happening a lot on here recently i.e mods supporting each other against others valid opinions.

When I joined this site I did so because it was all about debating the post and not the poster.

Nowadays, it seems that if somebody posts on here with a differing opinion to a mod, other mods join in and debate the poster.

Really like this site but I have felt this vibe a lot recently and it would be a shame to end up like many of the other Villa forums.

As I said this is feedback to you guys with respect as somebody that has been on here for a long time.

Just my opinion though.

That's my opinion also

Gonna say these guys make a valid point. The Mods do seem quick to support each other and opposing opinions are being painted as simply "anti-TBAR" of late - I don't see why Viva got banned because, unless he's been sending PMs or posting where I can't see, all he seemed to do was stick to the "no takeover" line with the same determination as others have stuck to the "takeover is afoot" line

That said, I still prefer this place to other forums

Have to disagree. The mods have been nothing but respectful and impartial to the membership on here. Problems arise when new posters attack the site or other members for having a different opinion and start being assholes, behavior that is rampant on other forums. I personally was attacked by an administrator of another Villa site, which I was a member of for 5-6 years, for having an opposing viewpoint and left for TBAR. I haven't seen anything like that here and I have to tip my hat to the staff here for the way they have dealt with issues that have cropped up.
KMitch
KMitch

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Take care Eastie stay strong mate.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:16 pm

We ain't perfect. Far from it. But we try to listen and learn.

Cheers for the comment though.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:16 pm

I've just had a bit of ITK from my source at the garage …. my new 64 reg car is just coming off the transporter as we speak. You heard it here first on TBAR. cheers
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:20 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I've just had a bit of ITK from my source at the garage …. my new 64 reg car is just coming off the transporter as we speak. You heard it here first on TBAR. cheers
Aston Martin ?

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi guys,

Some real food for thought over the last few pages. Some great posts and valid points raised. We do genuinely value feedback, we may not always agree with it, but we value it none the less. I think we're genuine decent guys, doing the best we can and like all prone to errors, the key is learning from them and being willing to do so. We work hard to make sure were as fair as possible. Anyone that follows my twitter account, will see I'm far less diplomatic on there Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 1662365926

For good or bad, we do have the best of intentions. Viva was/is largely a decent guy, but when you call people liars (twice) and then proclaim you're only on here as it amuses you when you're bored, you're going to get the reaction you're seemingly after eventually. That being said, it was a temporary ban and he's very welcome to return if he wishes too. The number of post, versus the number of actual issues are very low on this site and I like to think that's because by and large we have a good bunch of people who tend to sort stuff out themselves. That's credit to you guys.

I don't know what's going to happen re the takeover, however I categorically know any info has been passed on in good faith, so it does sting when people say you've lied. There's been wrong about something and then there's lying. They're worlds apart.

Anyway, we've taken on board all your points, good and bad and we'll continue to grow and improve along with the site.

Keep posting and a big welcome to our new posters. I particularly loved the insight into the scouting role, fascinating!

Anyway UTV Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:33 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I've just had a bit of ITK from my source at the garage …. my new 64 reg car is just coming off the transporter as we speak. You heard it here first on TBAR. cheers
Aston Martin ?
I wish
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:46 pm

Bentley? Mercedes slk sports? BMW X6? go on lets us know. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 1815562058 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 13 1815562058
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next