The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+117
Sean
Macca68
jvilla
MinnyVilla
Rawlie
villashrew
BatemansBusinessCard
R1chuk
jamavfc1
didiersix
supermon
larvin86
ejs1111
Villa1967
pcfbavfcoman
Hornso
bakerbob
tbarrules
danclare82
JCH
Jim
marko63
GhostDad
UnclePanda
AVFClee
boltblaster
Jo64
davevilla
andrew24561
The Utterer
Synopsis
Dek of Villa
Mr_Spadge
B62 Villa
jd
Villa_Dan
RoyRace
lawman1248
Mazrim
Saunders
Longboy
The Great white walnut
villasubmariner
DN1982
Wigteke
therailboy
pablo23uk
Kakacroom
lukevilla
South London Villan
Leafs1201
Morgan Villa
Steveallen79
gaffer85
roba19
VillaBill
BournVilla
Government Agencey
Jimmycarr
Andyh
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
omariqy
kimbo
USVillan
De Kuip
tonyp
Jpmangel
gdav
Villarocks666
Olofsbeard
Green Villan
Fpuppys
Classof13
Heisenberg
My Old Man
CoE82
Saunders82
Olof Mellberg
Trezzy
thinlizzy
Morpheus
bazzah
AVFCTT
initforthevilla
DelboyVilla
banneruk
UrmstonVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Denis_B
TED
johnny from donny
Mr Beast
Wookster
heystally!
Keyser Soze
mickeywya
James_Curtis
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
mini_ beest
Coseley Villa
Southern Villan
viva_la_amo
Thinman
Suits
Malandro
TheLeftSide
Withes Sweatbands
thetrees
Muzz
mrshnn
GodzoneVilla
Trotters
ember
AstonThriller
clarryblue
villabromsgrove
121 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by boltblaster Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Does it matter if Lerner changes his mind or we get a new owner as long as someone invests and we have a ssustainable plan for improvement on the pitch
boltblaster

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Fox not starting his role until September some time then

Wasn't the info given on here saying that a takeover could happen in September? This was even before anything on Fox came out

Is he starting his role with the new owners ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:53 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Fox not starting his role until September some time then

Wasn't the info given on here saying that a takeover could happen in September? This was even before anything on Fox came out

I hope so mate.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:05 pm

No way do we need Randy Lerner staying on as owner, this is bs has to be, on Sky they have said today that Lambert is still looking for additions but with the club up for sale he has to ask Lerner if it's ok to bring anybody in on his say so and for cheap, now does this sound like a change of heart from him? Nope, same as let's hope PDC is right and this takeover is happening.
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:23 pm

AVFClee wrote:No way do we need Randy Lerner staying on as owner, this is bs has to be, on Sky they have said today that Lambert is still looking for additions but with the club up for sale he has to ask Lerner if it's ok to bring anybody in on his say so and for cheap, now does this sound like a change of heart from him? Nope, same as let's hope PDC is right and this takeover is happening.

Hope you're good mate :)

I just can't see Lerner having a change of heart after all the trouble and strife he has caused by cutting funds and basically saying he was desperate to get out. Roll on takeover, I'm feeling a bit optimistic thanks to PDC Wink
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:39 pm

I do hope PDC is right but there has been a complete about turn in recent weeks !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:40 pm

As I claim to have said ages ago I just have a feeling we'll hear more once the transfer window closes as I feel any new owners don't want to be screwed with over inflated transfer fees from clubs thinking we can afford whatever they want to charge! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 3769219917
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:43 pm

I don't get why they would wait until after the window to take is over thouGh. Can't they splash the cash for us this week ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:45 pm

If they are megga rich owners, then money shouldn't be an object :)
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Olofsbeard Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:56 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:If they are megga rich owners, then money shouldn't be an object :)

A lot of people are rich because of good business planning and being savvy in their dealings!
You'll burn through money like nothing if you just spend it because it's there! Look at spuds and the bale money.
Olofsbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Olofsbeard wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:If they are megga rich owners, then money shouldn't be an object :)

A lot of people are rich because of good business planning and being savvy in their dealings!
You'll burn through money like nothing if you just spend it because it's there! Look at spuds and the bale money.

Or like that prick who won the lottery and is now signing on the dole....
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeftSide Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:01 pm

I don't get why wait until window closed? If they don't want to pay over inflated prices then what they going to do in January ? Sell us again?
Don't buy it, unless they are new owners that want to run us as tight as a Randy is currently then all of a sudden the takeover won't be as appealing, and we just need to hope that fox does a great job.
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:05 pm

It's about being savvy. Citeh tried blowing the competition out the water when they came in. The same day the deal was announced they put in a £90m pound bid for Kaka. It didn't work and the ended up signing Robiniho in the eleventh hour, and it was rumoured that he thought there was only one Manchester club, one that plays in red. Citeh realised the need to build, and the CEO at the time, Gary Cook, seemed to be central to building the club from within and commercially - crucial for FFP in our world.

Maybe that's the vision of Tom Fox and the*new owners*?
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:18 pm

I know the owners won't be on City's level, but I'm hoping they are willing to allow us to spend 40/50 mill in the first few windows and pay high wages just to get us back competing for top 6 again. Then when the basis is there, they can build more efficiently

A lot of money needs to spent on our squad just to get us 6th place again, let alone higher

Fox is a great at sponsership deals etc, but does also know his football ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:20 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:I know the owners won't be on City's level, but I'm hoping they are willing to allow us to spend 40/50 mill in the first few windows and pay high wages just to get us back competing for top 6 again. Then when the basis is there, they can build more efficiently

A lot of money needs to spent on our squad just to get us 6th place again, let alone higher

Someone said that Fox would get a footy person in to help, hope so.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:31 pm

[quote="Green Villan"]
HarryAVFC wrote:I know the owners won't be on City's level, but I'm hoping they are willing to allow us to spend 40/50 mill in the first few windows and pay high wages just to get us back competing for top 6 again. Then when the basis is there, they can build more efficiently

Someone said that Fox would get a footy person in to help, hope so.[/quote

Even better if true. Someone great at commercial deals like Fox is, and someone hopefully who knows his football inside out . Those two with new owners, could be a great start
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:34 pm

Has anyone got any suggestions on who would be the best footy person to get in?
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by pablo23uk Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:35 pm

It doesn't make sense to do the deal and then wait for the window to close.
pablo23uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:43 pm

pablo23uk wrote:It doesn't make sense to do the deal and then wait for the window to close.

I'm hoping that there are things going on in the background regarding players in.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:09 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Fox not starting his role until September some time then

Noone will know til its announced
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostDad Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Green Villan wrote:Has anyone got any suggestions on who would be the best footy person to get in?

Hows about this chap?

photo ay_113755533.jpg
GhostDad
GhostDad

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:45 pm

GhostDad wrote:
Green Villan wrote:Has anyone got any suggestions on who would be the best footy person to get in?

Hows about this chap?

photo ay_113755533.jpg

Who the feck is that?
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostDad Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:54 pm

A man with very big feet. Over the head
GhostDad
GhostDad

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:55 pm

Green Villan wrote:
GhostDad wrote:

Hows about this chap?

photo ay_113755533.jpg

Who the feck is that?
Bigfoot?
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Mr_Spadge wrote:
TheEgo wrote:Spadge, just for clarity, the link to Usmanov, was pure speculation and a little fun for those involved....
No, I loved the link, the work that went into it, the speculation.  I think pretty much everything (except maybe PDC's latest ITK) which is bandied around in this thread is speculation.  I love reading it, even if I don't post that often.  :)

TheEgo wrote:How do you see a 'project and vision' to someone when you want out? I'm just not convinced Fox would leave a very good post at L'Arse (on 500k) to come to a club like villa where so little is stable and with so many uncertainties.

I agree, maybe I overlooked the instability at the club, but I still think it could just be 'career planning' on his part.

2 ways to read it.  
1 - There is a takeover in the works, and this was part of the deal
2 - He is an ambitious bloke, who wants a serious CEO title on his CV, as a stepping stone to his next position.  

I think 1 and 2 both have merit.

Fair enough, can't really argue with any of that. Let's just hope for all our sakes it's option 1.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next