The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+117
Sean
Macca68
jvilla
MinnyVilla
Rawlie
villashrew
BatemansBusinessCard
R1chuk
jamavfc1
didiersix
supermon
larvin86
ejs1111
Villa1967
pcfbavfcoman
Hornso
bakerbob
tbarrules
danclare82
JCH
Jim
marko63
GhostDad
UnclePanda
AVFClee
boltblaster
Jo64
davevilla
andrew24561
The Utterer
Synopsis
Dek of Villa
Mr_Spadge
B62 Villa
jd
Villa_Dan
RoyRace
lawman1248
Mazrim
Saunders
Longboy
The Great white walnut
villasubmariner
DN1982
Wigteke
therailboy
pablo23uk
Kakacroom
lukevilla
South London Villan
Leafs1201
Morgan Villa
Steveallen79
gaffer85
roba19
VillaBill
BournVilla
Government Agencey
Jimmycarr
Andyh
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
omariqy
kimbo
USVillan
De Kuip
tonyp
Jpmangel
gdav
Villarocks666
Olofsbeard
Green Villan
Fpuppys
Classof13
Heisenberg
My Old Man
CoE82
Saunders82
Olof Mellberg
Trezzy
thinlizzy
Morpheus
bazzah
AVFCTT
initforthevilla
DelboyVilla
banneruk
UrmstonVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Denis_B
TED
johnny from donny
Mr Beast
Wookster
heystally!
Keyser Soze
mickeywya
James_Curtis
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
mini_ beest
Coseley Villa
Southern Villan
viva_la_amo
Thinman
Suits
Malandro
TheLeftSide
Withes Sweatbands
thetrees
Muzz
mrshnn
GodzoneVilla
Trotters
ember
AstonThriller
clarryblue
villabromsgrove
121 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Paul mcgrath(GOD) Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:51 am

Sorry trotters.
Paul mcgrath(GOD)

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by thetrees Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 am

Trotters wrote:
thetrees wrote:No sign of the owner being in attendance for today's game.
And, before anyone asks, I don't know whether he is still in Sardinia.

General question, if I may... I know you have the ability to know who owns what aircraft and to tell where it's going/where it's been. But do you also know who is on board?

Like you've said he's in Sardinia. So you've tracked his jet there but how do you know he's on it? Edumacated guess or are you actually at the airport seeing who gets on/off?

In general, no. If I see a passenger list it is generally by accident, and I would never reveal it.

People like Abramovich and Usmanov own several jets, so when one moves, it could have anyone on board. In the case of Randy Lerner, this is very much his personal private jet, so any movement is 99% certain to have him on board.
The only time that it has been at BHX without him on board was when he sent it to pick up OGS and his wife.
Plus, if he didn't go to Olbia, then the jet would likely have come straight back, because he would still be in Birmingham.
In terms of seeing people on/off, after 8 years of being watched, Randy Lerner's aircraft now parks with the door away from view, and the occupants are driven straight out.
thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:55 am

All good.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:57 am

thetrees wrote:
Trotters wrote:
thetrees wrote:No sign of the owner being in attendance for today's game.
And, before anyone asks, I don't know whether he is still in Sardinia.

General question, if I may... I know you have the ability to know who owns what aircraft and to tell where it's going/where it's been. But do you also know who is on board?

Like you've said he's in Sardinia. So you've tracked his jet there but how do you know he's on it? Edumacated guess or are you actually at the airport seeing who gets on/off?

In general, no.  If I see a passenger list it is generally by accident, and I would never reveal it.

People like Abramovich and Usmanov own several jets, so when one moves, it could have anyone on board. In the case of Randy Lerner, this is very much his personal private jet, so any movement is 99% certain to have him on board.
The only time that it has been at BHX without him on board was when he sent it to pick up OGS and his wife.
Plus, if he didn't go to Olbia, then the jet would likely have come straight back, because he would still be in Birmingham.
In terms of seeing people on/off, after 8 years of being watched, Randy Lerner's aircraft now parks with the door away from view, and the occupants are driven straight out.

Lovely. Thank you!

Olbia...sounds too much like Olbiun to me.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul mcgrath(GOD) Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:00 am

Cheers trees.i only wanted to know if his jet had come back to bhx .thought he Might be back for the game today,Thats all.thanks for the info.
Paul mcgrath(GOD)

Back to top Go down

Post by thetrees Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:01 am

Trotters wrote:
thetrees wrote:
Trotters wrote:
I know MoN had his media mates but he's long since gone and I assume Trent still gets reasonable info?

They all have their media mates, as they need to 'leak' things from an 'unattributed source' from time to time. I don't doubt that the HH in question was/is such a 'mate' to Lambert, given the info that came out.

Trent being friendly with MON ties in, as he got the right arse when I posted that our President Emeritus was publicly describing the MON departure as a "firing"

Then several months later MON received compensation. Strange that!

There was no doubt he was fired after it came out that he was touting himself to the Liverpool big-wigs for the manager's job at Anfield. The copious amounts of shit that was lined up ready to be thrown at the fan was firmly thrown when they contacted Randy to make sure that he was ok with MoN talking to them.

Such a shame that he didn't go there.
We would have had the double joy of him screwing up Liverpool, and the Villa support would have been united in the condemnation of him, instead of the split that blighted our support for so long.

Fortunately he is (nearly) dim and distant history.
thetrees

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:34 am

Hmmm, the fact our owner doesn't appear to be attending says a lot to me.
If he were in the throes if 'giving it another go' then surely today is the perfect game.
For a start, he is/was in the 'region'.
Then, there is almost the feeling of a fesh start at the club. Decent players coming in, a new quality CEO, a great result last week.
He could have said volumes by being here, without saying a word.
By not being here maybe he's sending out a different message, maybe he's confirming he really doesn't give a fuck !
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Classof13 Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:46 am

thetrees wrote:
Trotters wrote:
thetrees wrote:
Trotters wrote:
I know MoN had his media mates but he's long since gone and I assume Trent still gets reasonable info?

They all have their media mates, as they need to 'leak' things from an 'unattributed source' from time to time. I don't doubt that the HH in question was/is such a 'mate' to Lambert, given the info that came out.

Trent being friendly with MON ties in, as he got the right arse when I posted that our President Emeritus was publicly describing the MON departure as a "firing"

Then several months later MON received compensation. Strange that!

There was no doubt he was fired after it came out that he was touting himself to the Liverpool big-wigs for the manager's job at Anfield. The copious amounts of shit that was lined up ready to be thrown at the fan was firmly thrown when they contacted Randy to make sure that he was ok with MoN talking to them.

Such a shame that he didn't go there.
We would have had the double joy of him screwing up Liverpool, and the Villa support would have been united in the condemnation of him, instead of the split that blighted our support for so long.

Fortunately he is (nearly) dim and distant history.

Sorry don't buy that MON was "fired" for touting himself to Liverpool as the a scousers already had Roy Hodgson way before MON left.

Also wasn't his compensation claim for constructive dismissal which would suggest he feels he was forced to resign.

Last edited by Classof13 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Predictive text)
Classof13
Classof13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:57 am

Classof13, please read PM.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:57 am

He wasn't fired for that reason alone. Randy had had enough of the spending and MoN wanted McGeedy. He was told to offload some players first.

So he did.....James Milner!

Then put his hand out for money. Randy = pissed right off.

MoN knew the writing was on the wall, he knew there was no more money until he sold the un-sellable players and, being a chequebook manager, had to run.

So he ran to Merseyside.

Buy it, don't buy it....your call.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Classof13 Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:02 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Classof13, please read PM.

Read it, so I am not allowed to request that all the nonsense is deleted and people keep to thread? Or is it agree with you guys or go?
Classof13
Classof13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:09 am

So you were sent a PM and you decide to address it in public?

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:10 am

Classof13 wrote:

Read it, so I am not allowed to request that all the nonsense is deleted and people keep to thread? Or is it agree with you guys or go?

A few posts in and you're demanding stuff gets deleted and that posters on here far longer than you toe the line you set?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:11 am

Trotters wrote:He wasn't fired for that reason alone. Randy had had enough of the spending and MoN wanted McGeedy. He was told to offload some players first.

MoN knew the writing was on the wall, he knew there was no more money until he sold the un-sellable players and, being a chequebook manager, had to run.

So he ran to Merseyside.

Let's put it this way, MoN was not very popular with a large section of the squad or staff. He was a control freak whom would throw his toys out of the pram if he never got his way. Not usually itk, but that comes from two well known people. It was always going to end that way.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:11 am

Classof13 wrote:

Another pm sent , can we respond by PM on this.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:20 am

So Tandy not attending our first home game of the season for the expected reveal of Mr Fox as our new CEO, now that really has to raise alarm bells to even the most synovial among us that something is afoot. As I said waaaaayyy back in the day my belief is still that we're sold, to who, haven't a breeze, but reckon it'll all be kept on the Q.T. until the transfer window is closed so as not to over inflate transfer funds.
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 am

No one has said he's not attending. Only that it would seem that he's not from the movement/booking (??) of his jet.

The beauty of private jets (I should imagine, it's been a while since I had mine) is that you can get on at a minutes notice and go anywhere you like. If his jet is still parked up at 2pm then I'd say he's not coming.

Too early to say for certain at this stage, in my opinion.

However, I don't think anyone is going to die from surprise if he doesn't show up.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:24 am

Jimmycarr wrote:So Tandy not attending our first home game of the season for the expected reveal of Mr Fox as our new CEO, now that really has to raise alarm bells to even the most synovial among us that something is afoot. As I said waaaaayyy back in the day my belief is still that we're sold, to who, haven't a breeze, but reckon it'll all be kept on the Q.T. until the transfer window is closed so as not to over inflate transfer funds.

Have you read Lambert's comments regarding this in the Evening Mail?

Maybe its just me, but it sounded like he is not really in the loop. Lerners comments were also very strange.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:27 am

Do you have a linky thingy, MOM?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:29 am

Thanks for that summary regarding PDCs source. I do have one last question if you don't mind? Do you know why the source was not able to say why the previous takeover didn't happen? It's strange how he knew a deal was done but doesn't know why it collapsed?

Could it be that the source has various sources? Some good, some not so good?
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:30 am

Trotters wrote:Do you have a linky thingy, MOM?

I'm on the tablet at the moment and its a pain, so no Laughing
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Government Agencey Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:39 am

Trotters wrote:He missed the rumour that we were up for sale months before it was official  because he wasn't on the site then. Dunno how he missed the rumour that Sanchez was a done deal,  though. And that a new ceo was to be announced. No one else reports this stuff like we do.

Not looking to start an argument, so correct me if I'm wrong. But I thought Harj Johal was first with Sanchez and Jonny Gould was first with the CEO talk.No?
Government Agencey
Government Agencey

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:40 am

My Old Man wrote:
Trotters wrote:He wasn't fired for that reason alone. Randy had had enough of the spending and MoN wanted McGeedy. He was told to offload some players first.

So he ran to Merseyside.

Let's put it this way, MoN was not very popular with a large section of the squad or staff. He was a control freak whom would throw his toys out of the pram if he never got his way. Not usually itk, but that comes from two well known people. It was always going to end that way.

This is what I've always thought. Lerner obviously valued MON which is why he sanctioned all his ridiculous signings and agents must have also took advantage by getting very high wages for their client as they knew MON must get his man.

He did the same thing at Sunderland but didn't get so lucky on the pitch. That may sound harsh but I do think we were always punching above our weight under MON. An injury crisis to key players might have actually been a blessing in disguise.

Or a prudent manager like Wemger who respects what the club can afford would have been ideal. But they are hard to come by.
viva_la_amo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 am

viva_la_amo wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

So he ran to Merseyside.

This is what I've always thought. Lerner obviously valued MON which is why he sanctioned all his ridiculous signings and agents must have also took advantage by getting very high wages for their client as they knew MON must get his man.

He did the same thing at Sunderland but didn't get so lucky on the pitch. That may sound harsh but I do think we were always punching above our weight under MON. An injury crisis to key players might have actually been a blessing in disguise.

Or a prudent manager like Wemger who respects what the club can afford would have been ideal. But they are hard to come by.
Is this ITK VLA? We've got Tom Fox and he's bringing in Wenger! Very Happy 
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by BournVilla Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 am

So he ran to Merseyside.

O'Neill didn't sell Milner.
BournVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next