The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+117
Sean
Macca68
jvilla
MinnyVilla
Rawlie
villashrew
BatemansBusinessCard
R1chuk
jamavfc1
didiersix
supermon
larvin86
ejs1111
Villa1967
pcfbavfcoman
Hornso
bakerbob
tbarrules
danclare82
JCH
Jim
marko63
GhostDad
UnclePanda
AVFClee
boltblaster
Jo64
davevilla
andrew24561
The Utterer
Synopsis
Dek of Villa
Mr_Spadge
B62 Villa
jd
Villa_Dan
RoyRace
lawman1248
Mazrim
Saunders
Longboy
The Great white walnut
villasubmariner
DN1982
Wigteke
therailboy
pablo23uk
Kakacroom
lukevilla
South London Villan
Leafs1201
Morgan Villa
Steveallen79
gaffer85
roba19
VillaBill
BournVilla
Government Agencey
Jimmycarr
Andyh
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
omariqy
kimbo
USVillan
De Kuip
tonyp
Jpmangel
gdav
Villarocks666
Olofsbeard
Green Villan
Fpuppys
Classof13
Heisenberg
My Old Man
CoE82
Saunders82
Olof Mellberg
Trezzy
thinlizzy
Morpheus
bazzah
AVFCTT
initforthevilla
DelboyVilla
banneruk
UrmstonVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Denis_B
TED
johnny from donny
Mr Beast
Wookster
heystally!
Keyser Soze
mickeywya
James_Curtis
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
mini_ beest
Coseley Villa
Southern Villan
viva_la_amo
Thinman
Suits
Malandro
TheLeftSide
Withes Sweatbands
thetrees
Muzz
mrshnn
GodzoneVilla
Trotters
ember
AstonThriller
clarryblue
villabromsgrove
121 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Andyh Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:29 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Andyh wrote:
Denis_B wrote:Selling Bent and Gabby and bringing one striker in would be a good move

Unfortunately, I can see a slight flaw in your suggestion

Buyers? :shock:
Precisely. Even if we could offload them both, the funds raised wouldn't buy anything of quality.
When Shane Long is going for £12m then you know the world has gone mad.
(Although Balloteli for £16m is incredible value, if you can manage his madness).

Last edited by Andyh on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andyh
Andyh

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Dek of Villa Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:30 pm

From my previous experience, Paul Franks and BBC WM haven't got a clue what's going on at the Villa and that's why they are at times, anti Villa and quick to put us down.

I can't see why Lerner would change his mind and even less that he has.

As always with the Villa nothing is easy but time will give us the answers.....We just have to be patient.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Dek of Villa wrote:From my previous experience, Paul Franks and BBC WM haven't got a clue what's going on at the Villa and that's why they are at times, anti Villa and quick to put us down.

As always with the Villa nothing is easy but time will give us the answers.....We just have to be patient.

Here..here.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:39 pm

My Old Man wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I totally see where you guys are coming from re. Tom Fox, but I can't see how his particular skills will be useful to Randy's need for short term cover. Why would Lerner suddenly decide to make a 'long term' type appointment, when he's not seemed to be interested in the future of AVFC since the Houllier/McLeish debacles?

Well, Lerner being Flattered by Fox chosing us statement, tells me hes not Lerners appointment Wink
I thought that at the time. Strange words if you've actually head hunted the guy yourself. :scratch:
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:41 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I totally see where you guys are coming from re. Tom Fox, but I can't see how his particular skills will be useful to Randy's need for short term cover. Why would Lerner suddenly decide to make a 'long term' type appointment, when he's not seemed to be interested in the future of AVFC since the Houllier/McLeish debacles?

Well, Lerner being Flattered by Fox chosing us statement, tells me hes not Lerners appointment Wink
I thought that at the time. Strange words if you've actually head hunted the guy yourself. :scratch:

And the start date of September 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:57 pm

TheEgo wrote:Spadge, just for clarity, the link to Usmanov, was pure speculation and a little fun for those involved....
No, I loved the link, the work that went into it, the speculation. I think pretty much everything (except maybe PDC's latest ITK) which is bandied around in this thread is speculation. I love reading it, even if I don't post that often. :)

TheEgo wrote:How do you see a 'project and vision' to someone when you want out? I'm just not convinced Fox would leave a very good post at L'Arse (on 500k) to come to a club like villa where so little is stable and with so many uncertainties.

I agree, maybe I overlooked the instability at the club, but I still think it could just be 'career planning' on his part.

2 ways to read it.
1 - There is a takeover in the works, and this was part of the deal
2 - He is an ambitious bloke, who wants a serious CEO title on his CV, as a stepping stone to his next position.

I think 1 and 2 both have merit.
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:08 pm

There was something I thought with regards to Lerner's statement about the CEO Position after PF left then the Fox announcement.

It seemed to me that when that Russell fellow was appointed it smacked of Lerner putting someone in the position simply to handle to day to day until a buyer could be found, then his statement about being flattered Fox was interested could be read as Fox came to them and asked about the position after PF left and not that they actively recruited him...

Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Last time I listened to WM was the summer heading into MON's 3rd season. They were talking about how there was something 'fundamentally wrong at Aston Villa' because 'no-one wants to go there' and we should 'expect to go into the new season with no new faces'.

Next day we signed two players and that wasn't the end of our business. It was just typical MON doing it all late on.

From that day I decided I'd never waste my time on them again, and from whatever snippets I have read since then about what they have said regarding Villa, they are about as in the loop as TalkSport (JG aside) as they are basically the same thing - a once respectable radio station that is now mostly designed to get reactions from people rather than actually say anything worthwhile.

Well, I enjoyed that little rant....

ANYWAY, point being that I don't see how Lerner has changed his mind... He said he was focussing on us going into the new season, and clearly we are operating as close to business as usual as we can, and he also said the takeover process is ongoing, which I am sure it is, regardless of how well or not it is going.

To suggest otherwise, as a journalist, just seems deliberately misleading or simple plain idiocy. Probably both.

Last edited by kimbo on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Overuse of the word 'worthwhile' in a sentence. Shoddy.)
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Dek of Villa wrote:From my previous experience, Paul Franks and BBC WM haven't got a clue what's going on at the Villa and that's why they are at times, anti Villa and quick to put us down.

Why do you feel WM are anti Villa, I found Paul Franks very critical of us last season , but I agreed with most of it , we were shite, worst team I have ever seen at VP ! ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:27 pm

For some years I've been of the opinion that Lerner isn't really sure from one month to the next what he should do for the best. His default position has been to do nothing, or as little as possible. This sudden burst of activity is so unlike him that it begs the question …. What has galvanised him into action? Is it fear of totally f*cking his investment? Is it a new found desire to get things right this time? Is it a transition to a new owner?

When he said recently that he was going to concentrate totally on getting the team ready for this new season, he also said that there were some positive takeover things ongoing (or some such words), so if he was telling the truth then he's not been driven to this activity by absolutely no interest in AVFC by possible bidders. What the hell's happening Randy?! I won't be holding my breath while waiting for a reply.

Last edited by villabromsgrove on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:40 pm

VillaBill wrote:

Why do you feel WM are anti Villa, I found Paul Franks very critical of us last season , but I agreed with most of it , we were shite, worst team I have ever seen at VP ! ?

But when we were doing much better under MON they were critical too.
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Radio WM should read Radio Black Country as when i used to listen they were always mainly about Wolverhampton & Baggies with plenty of Walsall thrown in for good measure. The after match phone ins were always fair enough and pretty balanced though i felt but i havn't listened to it for several years so dunno if it's the same still?
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:16 pm

I stopped listening to WM a few years back because I felt they were critical of all the Midlands teams trying to provoke reaction to fill their sport's programmes and phone ins. Lazy journalism I wouldn't believe a word they say, they know nothing and in my opinion are not reputable there are too many changes to previous managerial stance which lead me to believe a take over is all but completed I'm not itk it's just my firm belief
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by Villarocks666 Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Right, In Sunny Spain here and managed to get wifi. What have I missed? Oh, nowt! Come on randy, get yet bags packed.
Villarocks666
Villarocks666

Back to top Go down

Post by davevilla Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:37 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:But we don't play a diamond, we play a 433 mainly and need creative players in those positions. Wiemann isn't going to do that, he needs to be replaced by someone like Sinclair

You need to watch more closely, unless injuries prevent it Lambert always plays a diamond, he always has at every club and did last season. Keane may change his mind but given that we have bought in, or bought back, fullbacks who like to attack I doubt it.
davevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Villarocks666 wrote:Right, In Sunny Spain here and managed to get wifi. What have I missed? Oh, nowt! Come on randy, get yet bags packed.
Watch this space with the transfer deadline approaching! Have some sangria for me will you. Laughing Beer Drink
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villarocks666 Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:55 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Villarocks666 wrote:Right, In Sunny Spain here and managed to get wifi. What have I missed? Oh, nowt! Come on randy, get yet bags packed.
Watch this space with the transfer deadline approaching! Have some sangria for me will you. Laughing Beer Drink

I'll have a sangria and a San Miguel VB
Villarocks666
Villarocks666

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Villarocks666 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

I'll have a sangria and a San Miguel VB
Estrella Damm for me then! Have a good holiday. Beer
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by BournVilla Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:20 pm

TheEgo wrote:
VillaBill wrote:Paul Franks on WM said that Lerner had changed his mind regarding selling ?
Would explain the decision to sign Fox & the long term contracts given to Sanchez & Cissokho ?
Who knows what goes on at the Villa ?

Personally I think had he of changed his mind, he would of said and probably attended the game Saturday. He wants out for certain. WM know nothing re villa.

Personally I hope he hasn't changed his mind because if this summer's transfer activity is anything to go by then his only ambition is to stay in the Premier League. Let's hope he sells up to someone who actually wants us to compete and not just survive.
BournVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:17 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:But we don't play a diamond, we play a 433 mainly and need creative players in those positions. Wiemann isn't going to do that, he needs to be replaced by someone like Sinclair

He's trying to get the right people in to play the diamond. Sanchez sitting deep and Cole in the no10 spot at the top of the diamond. Have a read back over his career, what you're wishing for is unlikey to happen under Lambert
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:42 pm

VillaBill wrote:Paul Franks on WM said that Lerner had changed his mind regarding selling ?
Would explain the decision to sign Fox & the long term contracts given to Sanchez & Cissokho ?
Who knows what goes on at the Villa ?

Well if he's planning on long term projects there's an urgency to tie up Delph & Vlaar
Wookster
Wookster

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Did he say Lerner had changed his mind or ask the question whether Lerner had changed his mind?
Huge difference between the two .
I can't see wm having any knowledge inside villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:49 pm

The notion that he has changed his mind is absurd, I think his statements and actions have been pretty definitive.

As good as I think our collection of signings has been, we are still near bottom of transfer spending in the league
Malandro
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:21 pm

If he has changed his mind i will get the elephant gun ready Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 20 1715320296

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo64 Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Whenever I listen to the football phone in on WM, Paul Franks just asks questions generally, trying to play devils advocate and prompt fans to ring in...., they are not much better than the Birmingham Mail.
Jo64
Jo64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next