The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

U23s/youth watch

+24
VTID85
Wookster
FoxyAV
Fpuppys
The Utterer
rogermuffin69
Admin
villajk
Wriggle
Dazzle
bruka
deadbuzzardalive
Jae1411
De Kuip
Trotters
DelboyVilla
achilles
WendyOz
AstonThriller
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
smetro
Gordonsleftboot
Boldfinger
28 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

U23s/youth watch - Page 4 Empty Re: U23s/youth watch

Post by De Kuip Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Game details

Match: Aston Villa U23 v Brighton and Hove Albion U23
Date: March 13, 2017
Competition: Premier League 2
Venue: Villa Park
Kick-off: 7pm
Weather: 12C, partly cloudy  
Attendance: 334  

Scoring summary

Jerell Sellars (5mins)
Keinan Davis (6 mins)

Analysis

Jerell Sellars and Keinan Davis were on target as our U23s secured a comfortable victory over Brighton in B6.

The claret and blues raced into a two-goal lead within the opening six minutes.

Sellars finished emphatically from Davis’ cross.

Provider then turned goalscorer just one minute later – Davis' low strike from 20 yards beating Christian Walton.

To their credit, the hosts did not rest on their laurels and the goalscorers were a constant threat and both were inches away from adding to their tally.

They were confident in their play – Jack Clarke and Jake Doyle-Hayes assured alongside some of their upper-age group peers.

Albion looked comfortable enough in possession but were not potent enough in the final third.

They came out of the traps at the start of the second half, though – Jayson Molumby’s power-driver edged inches wide of Viktor Johansson’s goal.

There was a let off moments later, Dessie Hutchinson firing over following a fine run from Tyler Hornby-Forbes.

Sellars demonstrated dazzling close control to fashion an attack - goalkeeper Walton pushing his cross around the post before only a last-ditch block denied substitute Callum O'Hare from close-range.

Sweden U19 stopper Johansson once again showed his talents saving well from James Tilley after the Seagulls forward had cut inside to seal Villa's third win in four matches.

Line-ups

VILLA U23: Johansson, Clark, Suliman, Bedeau, Leggett (C), Hale, Doyle-Hayes, Blackett-Taylor, Sellars, Clarke (O’Hare 57), Davis (Abdo 82). Unused subs: Boucher, Linley, Sundman.

BRIGHTON U23: Walton, Collar, White, Hall, Adekugbe (Cox 10), Hornby-Forbes (Mandroiu 64), Molumby, Hutchinson (C), J.Davies, Tilley, Wright (Cardwell 75). Unused subs: Sanchez, Dallison.

Misconduct summary

Bookings – Villa
Rory Hale
Jacob Bedeau

Bookings – Brighton
Jayson Molumby

Officials

Referee: David Rock
Assistant referee 1: Jack Shepherd
Assistant referee 2: Oliver Bickle
Fourth Official: Samuel Lewis
De Kuip
De Kuip

U23s/youth watch - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:51 am

Game details

Match: Aston Villa U23 v Brighton and Hove Albion U23
Date: March 13, 2017
Competition: Premier League 2
Venue: Villa Park
Kick-off: 7pm
Weather: 12C, partly cloudy
Attendance: 334

Scoring summary

Jerell Sellars (5mins)
Keinan Davis (6 mins)

Analysis

Jerell Sellars and Keinan Davis were on target as our U23s secured a comfortable victory over Brighton in B6.

The claret and blues raced into a two-goal lead within the opening six minutes.

Sellars, whose 2016/17 season has been blighted by injury, finished emphatically from Davis’ cross.

Provider then turned goalscorer just one minute later – Davis' low strike from 20 yards beating Christian Walton.

To their credit, the hosts did not rest on their laurels and the goalscorers were a constant threat and both were inches away from adding to their tally.

They were confident in their play – Jack Clarke and Jake Doyle-Hayes assured alongside some of their upper-age group peers.

Albion looked comfortable enough in possession but were not potent enough in the final third.

They came out of the traps at the start of the second half, though – Jayson Molumby’s power-driver edged inches wide of Viktor Johansson’s goal.

There was a let off moments later, Dessie Hutchinson firing over following a fine run from Tyler Hornby-Forbes.

Sellars demonstrated dazzling close control to fashion an attack - goalkeeper Walton pushing his cross around the post before only a last-ditch block denied substitute Callum O'Hare from close-range.

Sweden U19 stopper Johansson once again showed his talents saving well from James Tilley after the Seagulls forward had cut inside to seal Villa's third win in four matches.

Line-ups

VILLA U23: Johansson, Clark, Suliman, Bedeau, Leggett (C), Hale, Doyle-Hayes, Blackett-Taylor, Sellars, Clarke (O’Hare 57), Davis (Abdo 82). Unused subs: Boucher, Linley, Sundman.

BRIGHTON U23: Walton, Collar, White, Hall, Adekugbe (Cox 10), Hornby-Forbes (Mandroiu 64), Molumby, Hutchinson (C), J.Davies, Tilley, Wright (Cardwell 75). Unused subs: Sanchez, Dallison.

Misconduct summary

Bookings – Villa
Rory Hale
Jacob Bedeau

Bookings – Brighton
Jayson Molumby

Officials

Referee: David Rock
Assistant referee 1: Jack Shepherd
Assistant referee 2: Oliver Bickle
Fourth Official: Samuel Lewis
achilles
achilles

U23s/youth watch - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Double barreled names are becoming very popular in the young players these days???
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:56 pm

Bookings-Villa won't have much of a Career with us. Not mentioned in the match analysis. Must do better.
Trotters
Trotters

U23s/youth watch - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Bit surprised by this...

Jerell Sellars‏Verified account @RelSellars 40m
Emotional day for me leaving villa, things never really worked out here.. But love to everybody that supports/believes in me! #ToBeContinued

Looked a decent player.
deadbuzzardalive

U23s/youth watch - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon May 01, 2017 11:22 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bit surprised by this...

Jerell Sellars‏Verified account @RelSellars 40m
Emotional day for me leaving villa, things never really worked out here.. But love to everybody that supports/believes in me! #ToBeContinued

Looked a decent player.
Blimey that's a shock. Yep looked good in the games I saw so not sure the reasons but wish the lad well.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue May 02, 2017 9:41 am

Think that might come back to haunt us as I think he was one of the better ones, although he has had injury problems but I wish him all the best for his future!

However it does highlight the discrepancy between the youths who we just disgard willy nilly and the first team squad who we give stupid contracts to over rated players and then can't get rid of them!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Tue May 02, 2017 10:05 am

I'm not as shocked as I thought I'd be really. Looked a good player but Hepburn Murphy, Davies and even o'hare have shot passed him this season. Even blackett Taylor and green are ahead of him in the wide forward positions too. I think injuries may have set him back too much to break through
Jae1411

U23s/youth watch - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue May 09, 2017 5:10 pm

smetro wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:It was Round who said he wanted to give the club an idendity, and have it so the that there would be a definite style of play, played by everyone from the development teams all the way to the first team. We haven't seen any evidence for it though.

Round is probably the most important man at the club on the footballing side of things but we never get to hear from him, in the same way that we do fom Xia and Bruce. So we're kind of blind to what he's actually done, or what he intends to do, except the few snippets we heard when first joining. Would be useful to get some kind of update from him.

I think round is finding his feet. I haven't followed that closely but the u23's u18's seem to have done quite well this term - so maybe some credit to round there. I do recall one interview where round said something like "Steve Bruce runs the first team as he see's fit "- everything else comes under Rounds remit if he's building that part well maybe he will get a greater say in the next manager. I think Bruce was a 'ship steadier' appointment - long term i think round is looking for a more modern type manager.

Moved my reply to the U23s thread so as not to take the transfer thread off topic...

Not sure about the u18s, but the u23s missed just missed out on a play-off place, and seems like the club are being quite ruthless as, Leggett (captain), Mason and Sellars and Rory Hale have all been released with a few others. Calder and Cowans are also coming to the end of their contracts this summer as well. Players like McKirdy and Lyden are in their twenties now so I wouldn't be surprised to see them move on.

Seems like there's a big shake going on, wouldn't be surprised to see a new coaching set-up brought in either.

Hopefully next season we will see more of the likes of Green, Davis and Hepburn-Murphy in the first team. Hepburn-Murphy apparently has a very similar scoring record in reserve football as Abraham has for Chelsea, hopefully he can make a similar impact, just needs to stay fit.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Riccardo Calder and Henry Cowans have now both been released. That's nine players now from the u23s that have been released. Think we might be seeing a few signings like the Bedeau transfer to make up the numbers.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:15 am

A lot of the England under 20 side that just won the World Cup aren't getting playing time for their teams. Maybe we should be looking into loaning some of them.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:07 pm

O'Hare is class. Looks absolutely effin brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:08 am

More importantly he and Hogan have something going on and if we're going to be playing a 4-4-1-1 Bruce will... play Samba there instead.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:00 am

Is Suliman at the club now or loaned out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:25 am

Joppe84 wrote:Is Suliman at the club now or loaned out?

Still with us I think. Not appeared much in pre-season due to England - european cup exploits. Captain of the U19's - or similar
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Almost considered a new thread for the new season, but it's also useful to scroll back at times so I've kept this one.
Villa v West Brom is underway, will it be a goal-fest like last season's 3-3?
Talking point is really the addition of Ohare which I'm shocked at as I expected him to feature tomorrow for the seniors. Also of note is the omission of RHM which indicates he will at least be on the bench for tomorrow's defeat against Reading.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Villa off to a good start - O'Hare and Suliman both close before Lyden converts a penalty to put Villa 1-0 up at Banks's Stadium.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Doyle-Hayes got two assists and a goal tonight, Davis with the other.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:17 pm

Sounds like we were good value for the 3-1 win. Attacking football with lots of chances created and good finishing. Sarkic saved a penalty as well.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:55 am

Quite a few missing from the u23 squad today including Mitch Clark and Doyle-Hayes, and others, so looks like they might be involved tomorrow.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:17 pm

I'd like to see Doyle-Hayes start tomorrow. The lad looks like a brilliant prospect to me. Him and Jedi in the middle with O'Hare in the number ten role would be more than decent against Wigan I think. Disappointed Esah and Jacob are playing today. Would have liked to have seen one of them get some experience alongside Samba aswell.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

U23s/youth watch - Page 4 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:25 pm

I'll be disappointed if I see O'hare named tomorrow unless he's an unused or very little used sub, as I'd like to see him start/in the squad for Friday. Davis surely won't feature tomorrow, he's a shoe-in for Friday. I expect Clarke/Doyle-Hayes to feature tomorrow but not Friday.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:26 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Quite a few missing from the u23 squad today including Mitch Clark and Doyle-Hayes, and others, so looks like they might be involved tomorrow.

Where is the squad named?
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Gordonsleftboot wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Quite a few missing from the u23 squad today including Mitch Clark and Doyle-Hayes, and others, so looks like they might be involved tomorrow.

U23s/youth watch - Page 4 DHv55ZLXkAAXICo

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:46 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
Gordonsleftboot wrote:

U23s/youth watch - Page 4 DHv55ZLXkAAXICo

Many thanks. Does anyone know if Audrey is injured again?
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next