The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

U23s/youth watch

+24
VTID85
Wookster
FoxyAV
Fpuppys
The Utterer
rogermuffin69
Admin
villajk
Wriggle
Dazzle
bruka
deadbuzzardalive
Jae1411
De Kuip
Trotters
DelboyVilla
achilles
WendyOz
AstonThriller
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
smetro
Gordonsleftboot
Boldfinger
28 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

U23s/youth watch - Page 3 Empty Re: U23s/youth watch

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:35 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/28/aston-villa-warned-bullying-young-players-u-23-coach-kevin-macdonald/

Aston Villa have been ordered to make “sweeping and vigorous” changes to welfare protection for academy players after a Premier League inquiry found “evidence of bullying, aggressive behaviour and unacceptable language” by Kevin MacDonald, currently Villa’s under-23 coach.

The complaints against MacDonald by a youth player and his family who have asked not to be named led to a stern warning to the club, who were relegated to the Championship last season but were under the Premier League’s jurisdiction when some of the alleged offences were committed.

In 2012, Villa were granted Category One status under the League’s Elite Player Performance Plan. They have been placed on warning and details of MacDonald’s alleged conduct passed to the Football Association for consideration.

In the letter from the Premier League, seen by The Daily Telegraph, the father of a Villa academy player is told: “League officials are expected to have a regular presence in the club over the coming months to assess the club’s progress with implementing these actions. Failure to do so could have significant ramifications for the club.”

Sounds pretty serious, possibly could even lead to MacDonald losing his job.
deadbuzzardalive

U23s/youth watch - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:26 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/28/aston-villa-warned-bullying-young-players-u-23-coach-kevin-macdonald/

Aston Villa have been ordered to make “sweeping and vigorous” changes to welfare protection for academy players after a Premier League inquiry found “evidence of bullying, aggressive behaviour and unacceptable language” by Kevin MacDonald, currently Villa’s under-23 coach.

The complaints against MacDonald by a youth player and his family who have asked not to be named led to a stern warning to the club, who were relegated to the Championship last season but were under the Premier League’s jurisdiction when some of the alleged offences were committed.

In 2012, Villa were granted Category One status under the League’s Elite Player Performance Plan. They have been placed on warning and details of MacDonald’s alleged conduct passed to the Football Association for consideration.

In the letter from the Premier League, seen by The Daily Telegraph, the father of a Villa academy player is told: “League officials are expected to have a regular presence in the club over the coming months to assess the club’s progress with implementing these actions. Failure to do so could have significant ramifications for the club.”

Sounds pretty serious, possibly could even lead to MacDonald losing his job.

Jesus what football coming to......

Bruce will have to watch his step - I noticed him shouting quite aggressively at some of the players from the touch line last night.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:25 am

Perhaps he went back to his mummy and told her all about the nasty Mr MacDonald, exactly the sort of player you want in your team! U23s/youth watch - Page 3 1327487109
achilles
achilles

U23s/youth watch - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:56 am

I think the solution is obvious; get @Villa_Dan down there to expose their little ears to some proper filth and then MacDonald will seem like Mary Poppins.

I'd be interested to know what constitutes "bullying" though. It could come out that Mac has been a proper douchebag that deserves to be reprimanded or it could be that the player who made the complaint is a bit of a snowflake who knows he's not going to make the grade.
Trotters
Trotters

U23s/youth watch - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:16 am

To be fair, I haven't got a lot of time for Mac as his two attempts at being the interim manager have been disastrous!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:12 pm

achilles wrote:To be fair, I haven't got a lot of time for Mac as his two attempts at being the interim manager have been disastrous!

Agreed - but I do rate him as youth team coach
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:53 pm

I'd gladly offer my services Trotters. But only if I was also allowed to bark "clear your fucking lines when defending you stupid bunch of anal warts!" At the 1st team  for 5 minutes.

The part about this story I really don't like is the part about players asking to stay behind for extra training and being told to "fuck off inside." Has KMac lost his interest/passion?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:05 pm

BYE BYE Kmac............ wont be long now.

This post will be up for grabs soon. Get Rowett for it with a view to becoming a future 1st team manager. Build the foundations strong I say.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:04 pm

I don't like the sound of it myself and the story isn't attractive to any young prospects we might try and sign future. I bet the sort of things alleged don't go on at say Southampton, Arsenal or any of the other top academies. That said we shouldn't make judgements on Macdonald yet, as we don't know the full details.

As for Rowett I wouldn't have him anywhere near the youth set-up. We want these youngsters to learn how to play football, doesn't have to be a 'name' coaching, just someone who'll coach them well and develop them for a first team that plays football the right way. And to be fair there's no way that Rowett would join the club as Youth coach anyway.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:45 pm

my tongue was placed so firmly in my cheek, it still hurts
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:25 pm

After our last two results, Rowett will probably get another job before the Villa one becomes available. Will be interesting to see how he does.

As for our youth hopefully eventually we can become a club that has a signature style that's played at every level right up to the first team. Would be nice to become a club that produces many talents for a succesful first team, like Barcelona, Ajax and I'm sure there are less extreme examples too. That's the best way around FFP.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:

The part about this story I really don't like is the part about players asking to stay behind for extra training and being told to "fuck off inside." Has KMac lost his interest/passion?

I didn't see this first time around. I only went off the quote. How many times have we heard about players who were determined to make it so would be first in, last out and always willing to do extra.

If it's true about Mac telling them to fuck off then it shows there's still a continuation of the shit standards of the Lerner era. Although, having said that, the club didn't suffer this from Cuntyhouse when he was accused of similar behaviour with the first team so I can't see them putting up with it now.

Playing devils advocate,  it could also be the player wanted to keep practising bullshit Ronaldinho tricks he was viewing on YouTube when it was time to hit the gym and bulk up.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:24 pm

Bruce has said that with the injuries, he might have to promote a few from the under 23 squad. Khalid Abdo and Corey-Taylor spring to mind.

Also thought Sellars looked pretty decent in pre-season under Sherwood, almost like Sterling type player, not sure what happened to him since then.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Yeah if Bruce is looking at the u23's then there are a few names that come to mind.

Riccardo Calder= Has experience of playing for Doncaster in league one and also had a spell in Scotland in the top division. He's a proper left-sided player, big, strong and quite quick.

Harry Mckirdy= He's not an out and out winger but he can operate in a number of attacking positions. Plays similar to Grealish in that he's got skill and can drift past a player quite easily. Had a spell at Stevenage just recently. He scored a great winner for them HERE

Keinan Davis= Has obviously caught Bruce's eye. He's quick too and a willing runner. Has done well for the youth sides but not sure he's the answer tbh.

Corey-Taylor= Similar to Davis, tall, quick and has a trick or two in his locker. But again he might be too raw for the senior level right now.

Khalid Abdo= Very talented and is one who many think could make the step up. But He's just come back from a long lay-off so not sure he will be risked

Jerrell Sellers= Another who has football league experience having had a spell at Wycombe. He's quick, makes intelligent runs and can certainly finish. Had a long spell on the sidelines aswell though and has just come back. Would be exciting to see what he could do on the left wing of a front three I must say. HERE is a video of him.

Not sure who Bruce will promote tbh. I'd think it would probably be between Calder, Mckirdy and Sellers but you never know.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

U23s/youth watch - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:22 am

I've been very impressed with Calder and Sellars in the games I've seen them play in. I don't think either of them would disgrace themselves at all in the seniors.
De Kuip
De Kuip

U23s/youth watch - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:42 am

De Kuip wrote:I've been very impressed with Calder and Sellars in the games I've seen them play in. I don't think either of them would disgrace themselves at all in the seniors.

And both of them are naturally left-footed so should fit the left-hand side well.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:11 pm

U23s just kicked off against Wolves looking to improve on their 2-0 defeat to Stoke last time out. Having said that the team is very lightweight as Bruce looks to have followed up on his plans to raid the U23s, lots of regulars missing. Samba playing though that will double the average age!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Sellers and Corey Taylor have played in the last four u23 games so them missing tonight is perhaps a sign. Also Mckirdy has played in three of the last four, while Abdo isn't in the u23 squad tonight either. So I suspect two out of those four will be in the squad tomorrow. I'd say with Abdo just coming back from injury it would be a risk to rush him so I think it's out of the other three. My money is on the first two I mentioned tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Wolves 1 (D. Wilson) - Aston Villa 2 (J. Lyden & R. Hale(pen which Lyden won))

Good to see Lyden back.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:15 am

Apparently Lyden was a sub? And made quite a difference when he came on. I really really rate the lad. Let's hope he can stay injury free. He'll work well with Jedi.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:15 am

Aussie midfield - sounds good.
Jordan Lyden is a very good little player, presumably already influenced somewhat by Mile
WendyOz
WendyOz

U23s/youth watch - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:41 am

I didn't expect us to win that given the stripping out of key players and replaced with some really young lads.  Well done guys.
I'm with Thriller in thinking we'll see those missing ones in the squad tonight.
I know some people still cling to the faintest glimmer of hope regarding reaching the playoffs but for me the remaining games are all about bedding in the youth and keeping consistency with the seniors - bloody ironic really as so many of our likely first choice players are injured,  so maybe it's all about the youngsters getting playing time under their belts now.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:36 am

Game details

Match: Wolverhampton Wanderers U23 v Aston Villa U23
Date: March 6, 2017
Competition: Premier League 2
Venue: Molineux    
Kick-off: 7pm
Weather: 6C, mostly cloudy
Attendance: 592

Scoring summary

Donovan Wilson (52 mins)
Jordan Lyden (74 mins)
Rory Hale (86 mins)

Analysis

Jordan Lyden capped his return with a goal as Villa U23s came from behind to see off Wolves at Molineux.

The Australian midfielder levelled with just over 15 minutes remaining before winning a late penalty after being fouled in the box - Rory Hale converting for the victory.

Christopher Samba, who has been training with Villa, started the Premier League Two match while Lyden replaced the 31-year-old defender for the final half an hour following a five-month injury lay-off.

Meanwhile, Bright Enobakhare and Morgan Gibbs-White were named in the Wolves XI, both have sampled senior action in 2016/17.

In a cagey start, it was Samba who almost opened the scoring – meeting Jake Doyle-Hayes’ free-kick but heading wide.

With openings few and far between, the contest opened up and Wanderers went close when Enobakhare’s dangerous cross looked to pick out Aaron Collins but he could not convert.

Viktor Johansson was called into action following a sustained spell of Wolves pressure – Enobakhare again teed up Collins, the goalkeeper equal to his effort.

Scott Sellars’ outfit took the lead on 52 minutes – Wilson, played in by Gibbs-White and finished off a quick counter-attack.

Kevin MacDonald’s side improved, beginning to move the ball quickly and get in behind the hosts’ backline.

They deservedly drew level when Lyden made a fine run and finished emphatically past Harry Burgoyne.

With their tails up, the claret and blues continued to push forward, defender Easah Suliman going close from a set piece.

The visitors were not to be denied and after a sustained spell of pressure – a cross from the left found Lyden who was fouled in the box – Hale kept his cool from the spot.

Line-ups

WOLVES U23: Burgoyne, Simpson, Breslin, Gibbs-White, Upton, Johnson, Collins, Herc, Wilson (Ennis 69), Enobakhare (Levingston 63), Delacoe (Carnat HT). Unused subs: Armstrong, Nazon.

VILLA U23: Johansson, Clark, Samba (Lyden 59), Suliman, Bedeau, Hale, Leggett (C), Doyle-Hayes, Borg (Clarke 32), Calder, Mooney (Knibbs 75). Unused subs: Idem, Linley.

Misconduct summary

Bookings – Wolves
None

Bookings – Villa
None

Officials

Referee: Christopher O’Donell  
Assistant referee 1: Kieran Bailey
Assistant referee 2: Alan Hull
Fourth Official: Timothy Walker
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Beat Brighton 2-0, Davis and Sellars with the goals.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:03 pm

Cheers DBA - forgot they were playing - it was streamed live on the Vila Facebook page as well I think - damn, missed it. Good to see Davis get on the scoresheet, and Sellars just keeps on putting in good performances by the looks of it, that lad can cross and shoot. that's for sure. U23s/youth watch - Page 3 3769219917 U23s/youth watch - Page 3 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next