The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC youth and the academy

+7
lukevilla
NARLA24
DaveAV1
Villa_Dan
4BetLite
Rawlie
FoxyAV
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AVFC youth and the academy Empty AVFC youth and the academy

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:58 pm

I thought it might be a good idea for having this as its own thread. I tried finding an old one, but no luck.

Anyway, our youngsters should be a real option for us in the championship. We create a lot of talent, but for some reason we are not very good at giving them first team football.

While I think it's ace to see Albrighton at top of the table, it's also slightly annoying. Looking at our options next season I can see the list under as contenders for first team football.

Kevin Toner CB/LB
Donacien CB
Suliman CB/LB
Calder LB/LM
Robinson Striker
Sellars Striker
Hepburn-Murphy Striker
Sarkic Goalkeeper
Niall Mason CM prob
Andre Green Winger

Then maybe we can add:
Grealish
Lyden
Gardner
Baker
Clark

I'm not saying they are all good enough, but surely they will be an option. I have no idea how good Sarkic is for instance, but I'd rather see him fumble the ball a bit than Bunn. And the most important bit here is that several of these players have experience in the championship now.

If we could get rid of 7-8 shite players from the first team, buy 3-4 and get a few of these lads in, I might actually enjoy watching us play again.

Last edited by Joppe84 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

AVFC youth and the academy Empty Re: AVFC youth and the academy

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:05 pm

I'm honestly not sure Gabby is a better option in the championship than Sellars or Robinson.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:52 am

Bearing in mind there's zero fight left in our central defence, we play a striker without wingers, Gil doesn't appear to be doing anything, Cissokho had a nightmare against Chelsea and we don't have Hutton (do we want Bacuna or Richards at RB?), is now the time to top up the squad with players from the reserves?

Something crazy like Andre Green and Corey Blackett-Taylor on the wings, Gestede and Ayew up front, Veretout and Gueye in the middle, Bunn in goal (Guzan is finished) Okore and Clark in central defence (if fit) and RB and LB from the academy. So the core down the centre is made up of the better senior players with youth out wide in defence and attack.

If we lose then it doesn't matter, we are going to lose if the likes of Sanchez, Westwood, Guzan, Lescott, Bacuna and Richards play, and if we start Gestede down the middle without any supply.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

AVFC youth and the academy 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:06 am

No, play the team that has gotten us relegated for the actual relegation. I want those fucking KUNTS on the pitch for when we actually go down. They deserve the ignominy of the occasion and having their faces on film for history to judge their utter shiteness and lack of respect, ability and decency. Fuck them. Play them all until we go down.

Then play the kids. Give them a taste of the Prem and give them the hunger to get promoted.
Rawlie
Rawlie

AVFC youth and the academy 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:11 am

Start Bunn and play unchanged for 90 mins, then bring on Guzan and Bacuna at 90.

Black to then make them all stand on the edge of the holte end for 15 mins after game.
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC youth and the academy 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:32 am

Didn't the U21s lose to 9 man Baggies the other night? They might at least show the passion our first team is lacking but talent is in short supply everywhere at Villa Park lately
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:41 pm

To be fair we have a tendency to loan out every talented player we have.

This is something I've never understood. If I were the manager I'd give 16-17-18 year olds cameos every single match.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:42 pm

I'm not sure about every single match joppe, but I agree with your general point. There's a place for loaning out players, but we seem to just let them all go out. How do they learn to play a certain style? Ok we are in a mess and disjointed all over the club, but surely the aim is to produce first team players and so there should be a style of play right through the club. If it's good enough for Barcelona......
DaveAV1

AVFC youth and the academy 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:34 pm

Daniel Johnsen has done really well in the championship. 16 goals from midfield im 50 or so matches? It's ridiculous how the best players we will face are our own recently released youth players

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:08 am

Dave wrote:but surely the aim is to produce first team players and so there should be a style of play right through the club.

Exactly. And I think Lyden, Robinson, Sellars, Donacien, Toner, Green, Hepburn-Murphy, Suliman, Calder - they might not make it. But if they ever will they need to be given first team football now and then to feed the ambition and drive. We spend so much money on the academy and I'm not sure we are getting a whole lot out of it. Especially compared to how much we SHOULD get out of it.

Lets use the Nextgen team as an example. They were the best U19 team in Europe. I bet Chelsea, Juventus and all the other teams we faced have managed to get a few of those youngsters into solid footballers by bleeding them into the first team. Have we gotten anything from a single one? I assume Grealish was one of them, but apart from a party animal? It's shocking.

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue May 10, 2016 10:23 am

Lets all get behind the young lads tonight as they play Arsenal at the Emirates. C´mon you young Lions
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/captains-message-aston-villas-under-11309228
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC youth and the academy 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue May 10, 2016 11:40 am

NARLA24 wrote:Lets all get behind the young lads tonight as they play Arsenal at the Emirates. C´mon you young Lions
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/captains-message-aston-villas-under-11309228

Oh balls, I thought it was on Sunday, no idea why! Anyone know if it's televised anywhere or do we have to put up with the rubbish Villa official commentary?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue May 10, 2016 2:45 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Lets all get behind the young lads tonight as they play Arsenal at the Emirates. C´mon you young Lions

Oh balls, I thought it was on Sunday, no idea why! Anyone know if it's televised anywhere or do we have to put up with the rubbish Villa official commentary?

Never mind the TV, just bought tickets for the match, I'm looking forward to this.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue May 10, 2016 2:53 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Never mind the TV, just bought tickets for the match, I'm looking forward to this.
Nice one. Enjoy fella and keep us up to date with the score
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue May 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Winning so i believe. Cannot believe no one has a stream with this game on!!!!!
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Tue May 10, 2016 7:54 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/live you need to sign up but its free! Scarf Waving
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue May 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Half time 1-1
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue May 10, 2016 8:06 pm

lukevilla wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/live you need to sign up but its free! Scarf Waving
Cheers mate. All done
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue May 10, 2016 8:23 pm

2-1 down
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Tue May 10, 2016 8:29 pm

What's score now narla
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue May 10, 2016 11:30 pm

Ended 3 - 1 to Arsenal.

Arsenal fielded Santi Cazorla, Calum Chambers, Francis Coquelin and Joel Campbell to make sure that they won something this season!

Good performance by Villa U21's.
achilles
achilles

AVFC youth and the academy 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed May 11, 2016 1:01 am

It was a good performance. On the one hand I think we should have played Ayew and Gueye but on the other, the U21s deserved to play that match without help. Andre Green looked good but was replaced by Corey Blakett-Taylor, who I think should have started. The latter came on on the left wing but moved to the right later in the match, I think both of them would have been much more effective. Blackett-Taylor was particularly good, it's unbelievable to think in the first team we've had Hutton and Bacuna on the right wing, and Richardson on the left, while we've had him available. He's going to be very good for us in the Championship. Everyone else played well but he really stood out.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 11, 2016 1:16 am

Did Arsenal use that lad they stole of us?

The result aside, that's a good showing against a very decent arsenal side. A shame their own league meant they didn't get a run in place of the senior team dickheads.

Thanks for the review, Foxy!
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC youth and the academy 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next