The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

+37
villajk
danclare82
gdav
Dansvilla75
DaveAV1
Gordonsleftboot
Boldfinger
achilles
Mr_Spadge
Leafs1201
Morpheus
NARLA24
Wriggle
Cha Ching
banneruk
deadbuzzardalive
thinlizzy
UnclePanda
Dazzle
AstonThriller
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
lukevilla
VillaBill
Kakacroom
HarryAVFC
Andyh
Villa_Dan
jvilla
avfc forever
gaffer85
Rawlie
smetro
De Kuip
Trotters
BillytheKid
Dions_Bald_Head
41 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by Morpheus Mon May 30, 2016 10:41 am

The fact is no-one knows who the preferred candidate is. We are basing most of our assumptions on what's stated in the press and they know fuck all.

The only thing we do know is that it won't be Pearson thank goodness.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 30, 2016 11:02 am

Oh bollocks. Looks like bookies have stopped taking bets on Bruce!!!!!
NARLA24
NARLA24

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 30, 2016 11:06 am

NARLA24 wrote:Oh bollocks. Looks like bookies have stopped taking bets on Bruce!!!!!

Back in a bit, just going to kill myself............... Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 3590831400
4BetLite
4BetLite

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 am

Steve Bruce is probably surprisingly very marketable to the Chinese market. Manchester United are massive over there (or so I've read) and he's obviously got that connection.

Pretty sure he's not coming here though.
deadbuzzardalive

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon May 30, 2016 11:20 am

Not seeing any change on the market for Bruce still 10/1 or 12/1 on average im seeing

http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/aston-villa
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 30, 2016 11:24 am

4BetLite wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Oh bollocks. Looks like bookies have stopped taking bets on Bruce!!!!!

Back in a bit, just going to kill myself............... Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 3590831400

Make it a murder/suicide, would you?

Any hopes I have for us will evaporate under Bruce. He wasn't a manager we needed when in deep shit during the season just gone, he's not a manager for our future and he's certainly not someone we need now.
Trotters
Trotters

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 30, 2016 11:26 am

BillytheKid wrote:Not seeing any change on the market for Bruce still 10/1 or 12/1 on average im seeing

Bookie lad over here told me, not 100% but he seemed convinced. Funny old game that bookie lark.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon May 30, 2016 12:23 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Not seeing any change on the market for Bruce still 10/1 or 12/1 on average im seeing

Bookie lad over here told me, not 100% but he seemed convinced. Funny old game that bookie lark.

aaaar i get ya Very Happy Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 3769219917 I will be honest i will prefer RDM than Bruce BUT whoever ends up as our manager i will not be moaning groaning about it i will be at Villa Park next season singing from the Holte End and hoping Bruce or Rdm whoever gets us back where we belong tbh, appreciate you sharing info mate nice one Beer
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 30, 2016 1:20 pm

Trotters wrote:
4BetLite wrote:

Make it a murder/suicide, would you?

Any hopes I have for us will evaporate under Bruce. He wasn't a manager we needed when in deep shit during the season just gone, he's not a manager for our future and he's certainly not someone we need now.

It couldn't be bruce, could it?

Like bruce and black together again, that would be a monumental f@#k up even by Villa standards.

Betting as before, RDM nailed on I think.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Mon May 30, 2016 1:47 pm

Nah, still bets being taken with enough bookies.. the weird thing is, Pearson is still 2nd fave... http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa/next-permanent-manager
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Mon May 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Surely we've got to name a manager this week, it's getting silly now because pre season will be here before we know it, I know massive things are going on but we need clarity on all this and we need it now.

Last edited by Leafs1201 on Mon May 30, 2016 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 30, 2016 3:37 pm

That's how I feel, It's Christmas, and I want my presents now.

In all honesty though, nothing much is happening at this time of year and I guess they have the luxury of taking time to get it right whilst waiting for the sale to go through.

Sale is paramount also, so the decision makers can get in and sit with the new manager and wade through the club structure and squad to highlight what the plan is.

We also need good scouts at the euro's, there are gems to be found every tournament. The manager needs to look at what we already have too.

The quicker we act, the better shot we have at going up 1st try.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Mon May 30, 2016 3:48 pm

The really painful thing is We really DON'T need to name the manager that quickly. The most important thing is that Villa are sitting on 90 points+ by this time next year.

To do that, our manager needs to assemble and rebuild our squad, meaning;
- allocate transfer funds
- ship on dead-wood
- decide on contract extensions
- Define and sort a Scouting priorities

None of these are URGENT. they are all important, and I wish that they'd hurry the $&@* up. But If it's done in the next 2 weeks, that's plenty of time.

And I'm mostly saying this because I'm jumping up and down waiting for them to announce our new manager!!! Hurry up Villa!!!

One last thought; For the last couple of years, I've increasingly dreaded announcements from Villa, as we got one decision wrong after another.

Xia represents a change in all that, so maybe I'm extra impatient because it's really a chance to see what the new look Aston Villa is all about...
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon May 30, 2016 4:08 pm

Apparently even the players don't know when to report back for pre-season as nothing has been decided yet!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon May 30, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm hoping tomorrow is the day. Xia already pretty much confirmed that it's gonna be RDM so hopefully Roberto can get his staff sorted out (Eddie Newton and Steve Holland). I get the feeling he might want to replicate the same coaching staff he had at Chelsea as much as possible although getting Holland might be tough as Abromovic rates him apparently.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon May 30, 2016 7:32 pm

I'm sure work is being done behind the scenes.
The players will have their 2/3 weeks off then report back.
Everyone knows we need a pre season and it is probably already booked, just waiting for confirmation that the sale is complete.
Anyway it may be a ploy from DR X - don't tell the players when to return back hoping that half of them don't make it.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 30, 2016 8:24 pm

Boldfinger wrote:I'm sure work is being done behind the scenes.
Everyone knows we need a pre season and it is probably already booked, just waiting for confirmation that the sale is complete.
Anyway it may be a ploy from DR X - don't tell the players when to return back hoping that half of them don't make it.
Hopefully half of them will get lost in Dubai, wankers.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Mon May 30, 2016 8:45 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:I'm sure work is being done behind the scenes.
Hopefully half of them will get lost in Dubai, wankers.
Can they afford Dubai on Championship money? Maybe they are in Skeggy?
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon May 30, 2016 9:19 pm

Sadly Gordon they can still comfortably afford it. Deserve it, now that's a different story.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Mon May 30, 2016 10:53 pm

I don't mind the time all of t his is taking, I just hope the new manager knows he has the job and is spending his time going through all of last seasons game tapes to see exactly what crap he needs to overhaul and get rid of! Imagine if he says "I'll take a look at everyone in preseason and then decide on what's needed"....
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dansvilla75 Tue May 31, 2016 6:10 pm

^^I think thats the point, the manager will know who he is and most likely will be doing his prep now including bank room staff so he can hit the ground running. The doc simply cant announce this until he has dotted the I's.
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue May 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Can't believe any of that, if the manager is already known then announce him!

What is the point of delaying the announcement UNLESS the manager Hollis wants and Mr X want are different!
In this scenario neither manager will be doing anything until they are appointed as it could be a total waste of time for them!

This is Aston Villa FC we are talking about here and they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!

We were relegated in February when Villa decided not to sign any players, four months later and we still just plod along with the cliff looming!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Tue May 31, 2016 7:30 pm

I doubt it's the club holding things up. I'd say chosen manager wont set foot near the place until Lerner has officially slithered home.
I'd be waiting to see Xia's name on the contract before decapping the fountain pen.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue May 31, 2016 11:04 pm

Collymore tweeting congrats to RDM.
Has he just saw the above sun article or does he know?
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next