The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

+37
villajk
danclare82
gdav
Dansvilla75
DaveAV1
Gordonsleftboot
Boldfinger
achilles
Mr_Spadge
Leafs1201
Morpheus
NARLA24
Wriggle
Cha Ching
banneruk
deadbuzzardalive
thinlizzy
UnclePanda
Dazzle
AstonThriller
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
lukevilla
VillaBill
Kakacroom
HarryAVFC
Andyh
Villa_Dan
jvilla
avfc forever
gaffer85
Rawlie
smetro
De Kuip
Trotters
BillytheKid
Dions_Bald_Head
41 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? Empty Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri May 27, 2016 10:02 pm

Well if Gabby does join Brighton, the job just got easier.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by BillytheKid Fri May 27, 2016 11:29 pm

I don't see the worry with RDM as manager, he will know coming here having money to spend to rebuild and mould his own team and have funding as Xia has said when we get promoted to challenge for the top 6 now that is ambition and will create such a buzz from players to manager all knowing they are building towards something special and the sky is the limit imo that goes a long way just the knowing the owner and club have the ambition and money to go for it spreads infectiously,

I don't think Moyes will be sneaked in at the last minute although wouldn't mind, we need to be mindful that if Xia is unhappy during the campaign he can sack any manager he likes and replace them with so many games to play in the Championship 46 i believe any new manager would have around 15/20 games to get wins on the board and show development or i think will be axed and replaced under 20 games if not in the mix for the top spots imo.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by Trotters Sat May 28, 2016 12:17 am

If Pearson has gone to Derby and we get RDM, I know what opposition I'll be putting as my first game in the fixture contest!
Trotters
Trotters

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat May 28, 2016 8:26 am

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Well if Gabby does join Brighton, the job just got easier.

He probably thinks he's joining west Bromwich albion  not Brighton and Hove albion and is happy as in staying local he can continue his full membership of Ali Kebabas down the road from VP. If he stops eating kebabs, shares in the horses lips and chicken shins industry will plummet.....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 28, 2016 9:22 am

PMSL at twiiter

From european nights to manager in tights #norobertoatvilla
smetro
smetro

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Sat May 28, 2016 10:24 am

Christ on a bike... reading this has been painful. Last time I looked we were a Championship side, albeit one with history and size, that finished rock fucking bottom of a league which included Watford, Bournemouth, Sunderland and Albion. Any other year we'd be linked with turds like McLaren, Adkins, McDermott and Clough (not the good one). This year it's Moyes, Di Matteo and Pearson. Ok, the former favourite Moyes has apparently ruled himself out (seeing what Everton will do?) and Pearson clearly didn't get the gig, but Di Matteo is not in anyway shape or form a poor manager. Pearson would have done a job, too. To be honest, I think getting Di Matteo is more than we could have expected when we went through the trap door.
Rawlie
Rawlie

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Sat May 28, 2016 10:27 am

Rawlie wrote:Christ on a bike... reading this has been painful. Last time I looked we were a Championship side, albeit one with history and size, that finished rock fucking bottom of a league which included Watford, Bournemouth, Sunderland and Albion. Any other year we'd be linked with turds like McLaren, Adkins, McDermott and Clough (not the good one). This year it's Moyes, Di Matteo and Pearson. Ok, the former favourite Moyes has apparently ruled himself out (seeing what Everton will do?) and Pearson clearly didn't get the gig, but Di Matteo is not in anyway shape or form a poor manager. Pearson would have done a job, too. To be honest, I think getting Di Matteo is more than we could have expected when we went through the trap door.

Spot on mate who do we really expect us to get when we're in this shit
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 28, 2016 11:55 am

I agree. If, when the final whistle blew at The Emirates, we were told it was likely our next manager had exprience in the English game - as player and manager - was no stranger to getting teams promoted, had managed some of the most egotistical dickheads in the game, had won the champions league and managed in Europe (thus extending his contacts as well as experience), we would have laughed in unison at the absurdity of it.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Sat May 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Although RDM wasn't my first choice I agree with Delboy let's support him and back him.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 28, 2016 5:19 pm

RDM or Lambert or Mcleish? I think RDM will be like fresh air into the club and add some energy into the players.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Sat May 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Dazzle wrote:Place me on record as saying I think Xia's first fuck up is appointing Di Matteo over Pearson. All I see elsewhere on this forum is some weird type of adolescent exclamations of "we're back!". Well, yes we are...........back in the 2nd tier of English football for the first time in nearly thirty years under the ownership of a guy/people who wants recognition in China, whilst seemingly ignoring the like of Brian Little. Lord I hope this doesn't end up how I strongly think it might.

Officially placed.

RDM took bottom of the league WBA to promotion the year after, sacking off 25 players and bringing in 13. Let alone the champions league win and nearly getting promotion with MK Dons. All done while only at these clubs as manager a short while. He is perfect for us right now.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Well said jvilla mate Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? 3769219917
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Sat May 28, 2016 10:17 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Well said jvilla mate Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? 3769219917

Thanks mate, 100% believe it too. This club has destroyed its fans over a decade, so when Tony Xia comes in with his optimistic views albeit based on his own confidence as a manager of people, I for one am happy to go for it. That Tony bloke knows his markets. He is a bit of a genius.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 28, 2016 10:23 pm

jvilla wrote:
Dazzle wrote:Place me on record as saying I think Xia's first fuck up is appointing Di Matteo over Pearson. All I see elsewhere on this forum is some weird type of adolescent exclamations of "we're back!". Well, yes we are...........back in the 2nd tier of English football for the first time in nearly thirty years under the ownership of a guy/people who wants recognition in China, whilst seemingly ignoring the like of Brian Little. Lord I hope this doesn't end up how I strongly think it might.

Officially placed.

RDM took bottom of the league WBA to promotion the year after, sacking off 25 players and bringing in 13. Let alone the champions league win and nearly getting promotion with MK Dons. All done while only at these clubs as manager a short while. He is perfect for us right now.

Fair enough - I take it there can be no excuses if we are not promoted next season then.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Sat May 28, 2016 10:27 pm

smetro wrote:
jvilla wrote:

Officially placed.

Fair enough - I take it there can be no excuses if we are not promoted next season then.

Tony also. I think it is just (in the championship) an admission of talent over graft, looking at today's play off final, the minimal talent won over all the cloggers. If we can keep our edgier players (Ayew, traore, amavi, Greliash he better bloody stay) we will cut through this league when we need to.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 28, 2016 10:32 pm

jvilla wrote:
smetro wrote:
jvilla wrote:

Officially placed.

Tony also. I think it is just (in the championship) an admission of talent over graft, looking at today's play off final, the minimal talent won over all the cloggers. If we can keep our edgier players (Ayew, traore, amavi, Greliash he better bloody stay) we will cut through this league when we need to.

I disagree - I think we need a couple of no nonsense centre backs first and foremost.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat May 28, 2016 10:54 pm

If Tony isn't bullshitting and we do have £40-50m to spend then any manager who isn't literally retarded would get a team promoted.

The big test for Tony and RDM would be our first season back. Spending significant money, on the right players etc.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Sat May 28, 2016 11:02 pm

It pains me to say it but I'd take Bruce over RdM on a 12 month rolling contract.

Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 28, 2016 11:04 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:If Tony isn't bullshitting and we do have £40-50m to spend then any manager who isn't literally retarded would get a team promoted.

The big test for Tony and RDM would be our first season back. Spending significant money, on the right players etc.

Agree. We are in the same league as Burton Albion FFS. Rowett got Scum hovering around the play offs with very little dosh. TBH the proceeds of player sales should be enough to keep us in the mix.

I fear however we will hover just outside the play off zone - giving us hope - but in reality not good enough.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Andyh wrote:It pains me to say it but I'd take Bruce over RdM on a 12 month rolling contract.

Im resigned to RDM now TBH. I wouldn't rule out a DOF either - in fact i think its probable, and perhaps why RDM has been chosen as he is familar with such a structure.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat May 28, 2016 11:54 pm

Bruce says he will have talks over his future 

Generally think he's on his way
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Sat May 28, 2016 11:57 pm

We will proberly sell all the frenchies and that's our transfer budget
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 29, 2016 12:06 am

Interesting stats from jvilla. If turfing out 25 players who got you relegated and replacing them with league winning ones isn't rebuilding the club, I don't know what is.

That would have involved replacing the scouting staff, the coaches, the way they do everything. Get that wrong and you're going nowhere - as we found out!

As for Bruce; if I didn't want Moyes because he's yet another jock, a shit manager and has freaky eyes, I certainly don't want a close-enough-to-being-a-jock, shit manager and with an entirely freaky head.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sun May 29, 2016 12:37 am

At least with Hull going up should rule out Mr Potato Head
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun May 29, 2016 12:42 am

Don't be so sure. He's said he will have halls about his future
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next