The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+64
Jae1411
rosco77
Tyler Durden
FoxyAV
MancVillan
Mr_Spadge
Jamie_Taylor_1985
Dansvilla75
therailboy
Andyh
1Elliot
jvilla
tonyp
UnclePanda
VTID85
Thinman
Synopsis
StaffordsVillan
Dgrizzle7
mikethevillain
Cha Ching
andrew24561
noodles
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
danclare82
Justice league
NARLA24
Peter
Fpuppys
Heisenberg
nickf21
VillaBill
AstonThriller
Keyser Soze
deadbuzzardalive
AVit
debandit
Alf T
lukevilla
Rawlie
Wriggle
gaffer85
Chrissylee1111
smetro
Andrew Baker
Saunders82
HarryAVFC
Barabass
villajk
De Kuip
DaveAV1
4BetLite
The Utterer
BillytheKid
pcfbavfcoman
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
Villa_Dan
Boldfinger
Lammypaul
achilles
DelboyVilla
68 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by BillytheKid Mon May 30, 2016 12:49 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:That article illustrates that Xia's links to the Chinese government go far beyond him being friends with the President's cousin. If he does buy another club, besides Villa, it might a way around FFP, if we can buy and sell players to each-other, for big amounts of money.

Thinking the same here mate, makes perfect sense doesn't it Very Happy

#startingtofeelJizzy
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 30, 2016 1:21 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:That article illustrates that Xia's links to the Chinese government go far beyond him being friends with the President's cousin. If he does buy another club, besides Villa, it might a way around FFP, if we can buy and sell players to each-other, for big amounts of money.

Thinking the same here mate, makes perfect sense doesn't it Very Happy

#startingtofeelJizzy
Starting to feel a lot more positive.
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by noodles Mon May 30, 2016 2:10 pm

I cant open the link to that page could somebody please copy and paste it?? Thank you
noodles

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon May 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Here you are noodles chap this is the link to the Xia article NARLA so kindly posted earlier:-

http://www.weekinchina.com/2016/05/call-for-the-doctor/?dm=facebook

BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by noodles Mon May 30, 2016 2:59 pm

Cheers Billy
noodles

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Very interesting article!

Kid buggers off overseas courtesy of government selection, comes back after being identified by the aforementioned government as being a bit promising, falls arse backwards into government contracts and tries to hire the PM's cousin. Then is the first Chinese bloke to 100% own a European football club with the football being highlighted by the head of government as China's most important sport.

I'm sorry but I see no government connection there at all. Someone please point out to me where all this talk of having government backing comes from.

Because as far as I can tell, he's got as much government support as the McCann's.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon May 30, 2016 5:07 pm

I do find it strange Trotters mate how Xia Jiantong means China unification and construct now i know Chinese name there children more meaningful names sometimes than over here but the odds that the first ever Chinese owner of a western big club has his name referring to the Government after months of China being on the TV and telling us they are investing over here and especially in Birmingham, the odds of this makes me wonder tbh

Then he was part of the Government helping recruit China's young intelligent oversee's university promising students attracting them back to China to help them be stronger, now Xia involved in thos type of work then coming over here and buying us? Makes me wonder tbh

Then the part about Xia mentioning he is buying acquisitions much bigger than Villa, this bit makes me think of Chine and there buying up of business's in Birmingham UK and China's interetss they are buying up.

Xia being friendly with the government and family also tells us his links to them,

Now all this above is more than likely myself and wishful thinking AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 498107619 BUT a bit of optimism never hurt anyone and right now i will sip it up like no tomorrow after the past few years especially AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 1815562058

BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by AVit Mon May 30, 2016 5:34 pm

What got my suspicious mind working was the CNN interview where he denies any involvement of the government. Compared with everything else he said, he was very quick to answer that question. Might have to watch it again to have a check.
AVit

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Mon May 30, 2016 10:49 pm

AVit wrote:What got my suspicious mind working was the CNN interview where he denies any involvement of the government. Compared with everything else he said, he was very quick to answer that question. Might have to watch it again to have a check.

I thought exactly the same. Denying it while making it glaringly obvious!

Let's hope the deal gets finalised quickly so the fun and games can begin!
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 30, 2016 11:02 pm

If Xia does end up spending quite a bit of money on the club, we'll never actually know if it's with the help of the Chinese government, because they or Xia would never admit to it.

Apparently Stoke, Everton and Tottenham interested in Grealish, wouldn't be a great start for Xia if we were to lose him, would send out the wrong message, and I've a feeling he'd do well under Di Matteo.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Tue May 31, 2016 3:23 am

I am confident we can keep players like Grealish, Gana, Ayew and even Amavi if RDM tells Xia he wants to keep then here due to them all having long term contracts, i recall Grealish signing a 4 year deal last year? With a takeover for us now that wards of the desperation factor to sell players for cheap so maybe offers like £20 million plus would be too hard to refuse or if there is a clause inserted like a fee or relegation release fee into players contracts then we would have to sell.

I see many times clubs relegated keeping the majority of there squad especially the better players like Hull last summer rejecting time and time again interest in Robertson and bids for players same at Newcastle and West Ham when they were relegated keeping the better players, this is my take on it and i can see RDM keeping Gana Ayew and Amavi.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 31, 2016 6:31 am

Grealish's problem is his agent is a complete cock.
Gana and Ayew will be off to a premier league side. If they don't leave then it'll be an absolute coup and a massive indication of the owner's intent. And the manager's vision (or is it the other way around?)
Amavi owes us and I'll be utterly gutted if he leaves. From what we've seen of the lad off the pitch he's been brilliant so I'm fairly optimistic he'll do the right thing.

The new manager will need to focus his attention on a goalkeeper and central defence and then keep all of his preferred players well away from the maggots that have infested this club whilst he works on getting rid of them.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue May 31, 2016 7:50 am

Trotters wrote:Grealish's problem is his agent is a complete cock.
Gana and Ayew will be off to a premier league side. If they don't leave then it'll be an absolute coup and a massive indication of the owner's intent. And the manager's vision (or is it the other way around?)
Amavi owes us and I'll be utterly gutted if he leaves. From what we've seen of the lad off the pitch he's been brilliant so I'm fairly optimistic he'll do the right thing.

The new manager will need to focus his attention on a goalkeeper and central defence and then keep all of his preferred players well away from the maggots that have infested this club whilst he works on getting rid of them.

Spot on Trotters.

The thing that bothers me though is that the out going coach will leave player assessment reports for incoming coach. Black was very supportive of a few shit squad members and played them regardless. Lets hope Sir Brian gets involved and has the same opinion as the fans and we do manage to clear out the muppets.
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue May 31, 2016 8:34 am

Trotters wrote:Grealish's problem is his agent is a complete cock.

Grealish's agent is a cock but I think/hope the last season plus having to resort to playing for England U21s after all the pomp surrounding which country he'll choose, added in that his dad wouldn't be able to parade around Solihull in ill-fitting shirts, will keep him around. 

Gana and Ayew will leave but not for less than we paid for them. We might keep one of them, but not both

Amavi we'll keep IMO
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Tue May 31, 2016 8:47 am

To be fair this is not one player in our current squad who you would class as irreplaceable !!

If they want to stay & fight for promotion then fair play but if they want to leave for pastures new then let them go... No point worrying it isn't as though any of them set the world alight last season Rolling Eyes

Please let today be the day that the Fit & Proper jobbie is sorted so that we can at last have something new to discuss ( ie which of the squad we should bin first Laughing )
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Tue May 31, 2016 9:03 am

smetro wrote:I've heard a whisper that the staggering amount of money placed on RDM being placed at very long odds is under investigation. Apparently some bets were £60k when then the odds were 60-1...
Difficult to prove anything Imo - it does seem a bit dubious though
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Tue May 31, 2016 9:05 am

smetro wrote:I've heard a whisper that the staggering amount of money placed on RDM being placed at very long odds is under investigation. Apparently some bets were £60k when then the odds were 60-1...

Have you ever tried to get a bet on something with high odds? Very often the answer is something akin to 'you can have £25 to win' Honestly don't see any UK bookies taking that bet - maybe overseas but most unlikely here, in my experience. But I may be wrong!
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue May 31, 2016 9:08 am

Gordonsleftboot wrote:

Have you ever tried to get a bet on something with high odds? Very often the answer is something akin to 'you can have £25 to win' Honestly don't see any UK bookies taking that bet - maybe overseas but most unlikely here, in my experience. But I may be wrong!

Well there was a bookie on WM saying he had knowledge of £10k bets being placed.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2016 9:56 am

jesus all the moaning about how long the test is taking, surely we want it to be done proper and no stone left unturned??

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue May 31, 2016 10:07 am

Oh for sure Jimbop, i think it's just frustration more than anything as lets be honest the clubs been kinda stuck in no mans land for what feels like ages now. I think also with the huge number of let downs Villa fans have had to endure, for many years now, most are just sat on the edge of their seats not knowing whether to get the party poppers out or whether they are in for yet another, even bigger, let down as regards the ratification of said takeover.

Also there is the creeping fear that the new season is getting closer & closer and with every day that passes it's a day less to sort out what is a monumental mess from top to bottom of the club...to me it feels like as each day passes promotion at the first attempt next season gets just a little more unrealistic.

So on that note ...yes of course we want the test done properly, but BLOODY HURRY UP lol!
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Tue May 31, 2016 10:15 am

jimbop wrote:jesus all the moaning about how long the test is taking, surely we want it to be done proper and no stone left unturned??

yes, I am all for the correct and proper tests being carried out to make sure this is the real deal.

BUT, this is the PL and FL we are talking about.
For a start, I suspect they don't actually have the capability to perform full 'fit & proper due diligence'.
Where are they going to find the resources, the time and the money to perform the sort of 'DD' that frankly, the Villa board should have performed themselves against a potential buyer.

My guess is that they will perform their usual level of checking, but just take a fucking age to do it to make it appear they are being thorough.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2016 10:17 am

The Utterer wrote:Oh for sure Jimbop, i think it's just frustration more than anything as lets be honest the clubs been kinda stuck in no mans land for what feels like ages now. I think also with the huge number of let downs Villa fans have had to endure, for many years now, most are just sat on the edge of their seats not knowing whether to get the party poppers out or whether they are in for yet another, even bigger, let down as regards the ratification of said takeover.

Also there is the creeping fear that the new season is getting closer & closer and with every day that passes it's a day less to sort out what is a monumental mess from top to bottom of the club...to me it feels like as each day passes promotion at the first attempt next season gets just a little more unrealistic.

So on that note ...yes of course we want the test done properly, but BLOODY HURRY UP lol!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3769219917 i cant see it going on longer than this week matey

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue May 31, 2016 10:36 am

Neither can I, my understanding is that the buyer is checked by the club and all necessary details are forwarded to the authorises to be checked, so all leg work already done. Prob holidays and language barrier issues, Randy can't spell his name etc etc
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

To be fair, we have been waiting some 5 years for a new start - I think we all have the patience of saints.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next