The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+92
Synopsis
Randy
KMitch
Trysullvilla
LVBrit
Leafs1201
danclare82
holtehero
MrAstonVilla
mickeywya
De Kuip
ember
1Elliot
marko63
worcesterkev
pcfbavfcoman
jeffvilla
rosco77
The Utterer
gdale1
GhostDad
Wriggle
Villas Trudge
Dazzle
avfcjoe
jbone88
StringGhost
TED
plastic
George
omariqy
mark_draper
TheTechniqueSMC
snakevilla
kimbo
UnclePanda
Trainspotter
Jimmycarr
Wookster
avfcjay
DelboyVilla
GodzoneVilla
James_Curtis
Suits
Peter
HarryAVFC
deadbuzzardalive
brummieboy
Army villain
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
Mazrim
clarryblue
DaveAV1
DN1982
tbarrules
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
andrew24561
Trotters
gdav
lukevilla
AVFClee
Poseidon
gaffer85
Dansvilla75
South London Villan
LukeWilliamsOBE
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Andyh
Chrissylee1111
snitum
Thabucks
fastbackace
Born Under The Holte End
Keyser Soze
avfc85
B62 Villa
Jamie Gray
NARLA24
Villa82
Villa_Dan
Dgrizzle7
Fpuppys
bazzah
jvilla
ViewFromT2
villabromsgrove
hawk190601
GadgetMan
96 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:12 pm

Villa82 wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:doesn't come up on a google search...so guessing he took it today maybe?

Thanks! I hoped it was a photo of a model of "the new stand"
"The Nike Stand" ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Jamie Gray Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:27 pm

No point redeveloping the North stand & increasing the capacity until there's a demand for it. A semi full stadium looks naff
Jamie Gray

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:37 pm

The North stand is now looking tired and outdated, and is need of redeveloping. But I agree with Jamie, we don't currently have the demand for a bigger capacity, we can't fill VP now so why would we go bigger, so I wouldn't expand but I would build a new north stand keeping the capacity at around 40k, but design it so expansion would be a possibility when and if there was a demand for it. VP is so much better when full rather than playing in a bigger ground with so many empty seats. Villa finished BOTTOM of the league in terms of % of fans attending to capacity ratio ie we had more empty seats per game than any other club in the top flight.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:42 pm

The north stand doesn't need redeveloping it needs a refurb, as i've said many times on other forums a few hundred thousand is nothing to a football like ours, reclad it, paint it, do up the boxes, refit the sign etc etc. It was built in 1976, not 1876 it just needs reinvestment like a house.
avfc85
avfc85

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:No point redeveloping the North stand & increasing the capacity until there's a demand for it. A semi full stadium looks naff

I think a cosmetic redevelopment would help. Get rid of that awful concrete at the back and maybe fill the corners in for now. I saw some plans for the north stand that were made 2 years back, looked superb. As you say, no point doing a full redevelopment until we can fill the bugger. It's an eye sore as it err 'stands' though ha!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Chaps, Collymore said 'infrastructure' then clarified it with 'talent, people' i.e. not bricks and mortar - why he snapped the stand I don't know unless he wanted to prove where he had just been.
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Just noticed at the bottom of the official website that we have a new 2nd tier partner called iHotelGroup.  After a bit of googling it seems this is the "Intercontinental Hotel Group" who are British based/owned.  This seems to have replaced our official travel partners Asia Travel Online?  I'm pretty sure that no announcement has been made regarding this partnership (earlier this week we had 365 and Betfair partnered)?  Whether this is takeover or infrastructure or "Plan B" related or just part of the overall "organic growth agenda" - your guess is as good as mine - but it looks as though Charlie W and Tom F have been fairly active since being appointed.  Whether it's with Randy's remit or under someone else's remains to be seen....

Last edited by bazzah on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:49 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:No point redeveloping the North stand & increasing the capacity until there's a demand for it. A semi full stadium looks naff

I think a cosmetic redevelopment would help. Get rid of that awful concrete at the back and maybe fill the corners in for now. I saw some plans for the north stand that were made 2 years back, looked superb. As you say, no point doing a full redevelopment until we can fill the bugger. It's an eye sore as it err 'stands' though ha!
A fascia board makeover with a couple of AVFC features could cheaply improve this B6 eyesore.
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:49 pm

jvilla wrote:Chaps, Collymore said 'infrastructure' then clarified it with 'talent, people' i.e. not bricks and mortar - why he snapped the stand I don't know unless he wanted to prove where he had just been.

My take on it would be he's deliberately put it out there and then deleted for extra attention, it's what people do to milk a situation. No way did he think "oh perhaps I shouldn't have posted that" he totally knows what he's doing. Anyway if true great, it can only point to a new regime and exciting plans IMO. SC has been on about Lerner selling up and how it's needed so I can't see him seeing him staying on as a good thing.

New times await us!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:51 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

A fascia board makeover with a couple of AVFC features could cheaply improve this B6 eyesore.

Spot on VB!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Only one thing Collymore likes more than attention. Dogging.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Anyone know if Safe Standing is going to be introduced next year? will they use Villa park as guinea pigs for PL trials? My guess is it's in need of revamping but for the time being it's just a good clean up.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:02 pm

avfc85 wrote:The north stand doesn't need redeveloping it needs a refurb, as i've said many times on other forums a few hundred thousand is nothing to a football like ours, reclad it, paint it, do up the boxes, refit the sign etc etc. It was built in 1976, not 1876 it just needs reinvestment like a house.

It certainly needs looking at otherwise we will get left behind.  VP used to be the 4-6th largest stadium (in terms of capacity).  Soon we will be behind west ham and Tottenham when they move into theirs.  Regardless of whether it fills or not - the offices are dated and old and in need of modernisation (apparently) and imo the attendance needs to be raised for 2 main reasons:

-  It shows the potential to players / events organisers of how many they could (if things go well) be performing in front of.
-  It markets Villa Park as a viable venue for other commercial events.

Again, it's a simple fact - if the stadium looks naff when there are a load of empty seats - simply reduce the ticket prices to sell more tickets.  This model has been covered on various forums to the hilt - but surely the more people that pass through the turnstiles, the more revenue the club would generate with the sale of food, merchandise, programs etc...

And if tickets don't sell, close an entire section of a stand, e.g. the north upper.  An empty stand looks 'better' than a smattering of empty seats across the whole stadium.... But anyway - that's a debate for another thread....
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:11 pm

bazzah wrote:
avfc85 wrote:The north stand doesn't need redeveloping it needs a refurb, as i've said many times on other forums a few hundred thousand is nothing to a football like ours, reclad it, paint it, do up the boxes, refit the sign etc etc. It was built in 1976, not 1876 it just needs reinvestment like a house.

It certainly needs looking at otherwise we will get left behind.  VP used to be the 4-6th largest stadium (in terms of capacity).  Soon we will be behind west ham and Tottenham when they move into theirs.  Regardless of whether it fills or not - the offices are dated and old and in need of modernisation (apparently) and imo the attendance needs to be raised for 2 main reasons:

-  It shows the potential to players / events organisers of how many they could (if things go well) be performing in front of.
-  It markets Villa Park as a viable venue for other commercial events.

Again, it's a simple fact - if the stadium looks naff when they're are a load of empty seats - simply reduce the ticket prices to sell more tickets.  This model has been covered on various forums to the hilt - but surely the more people that pass through the turnstiles, the more revenue the club would generate with the sale of food, merchandise, programs etc...

And it tickets don't sell, close an entire section of a stand, e.g. the north upper.  An empty stand looks 'better' than a smattering of empty seats across the whole stadium.... But anyway - that's a debate for another thread....

I agree but lowering ticket prices is part of the solution but as every other club you have different types of supporters - hardcore who go home and away without question, you'll have fans that expects some entertainment before they part with their hard earned, the problem we have had for the past few years is the football has been atrocious, the funds dried up, the chairman went into hiding and the people running the club were amateurish, both AM and PL were a PR's nightmare no charisma and no connection to us fans the biggest flaw is they didn't succeed. Tim Sherwood is the total opposite, he is someone you can relate too, is going to try and play attacking football and will hopefully start to bring fans back, as under MON the crowds were decent as we had a chairman showing ambition and a team to be proud of you get the balance right and the attendances will rise again.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:13 pm

"Build it and they will come"
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm

I've always liked the idea of this but you have to get it right on the pitch first and then fill it.AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 North_stand_zoom_wc2018_bidbookAVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4633499722_6e06a233b2_o
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Born Under The Holte End wrote:I've always liked the idea of this but you have to get it right on the pitch first and then fill it.AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 North_stand_zoom_wc2018_bidbookAVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4633499722_6e06a233b2_o

Hope that's not the safe standing section on the top, Shit scared of heights.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Fpuppys wrote:
Born Under The Holte End wrote:I've always liked the idea of this but you have to get it right on the pitch first and then fill it.AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 North_stand_zoom_wc2018_bidbookAVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4633499722_6e06a233b2_o

Hope that's not the safe standing section on the top, Shit scared of heights.

I love this idea!! ADD safe standing in the lower area's, as well as the lower holte end.

Make this place rock again. Get some signs and stuff like Dortmond, hell, even something small like crystal palace and their fanatics.
First though, get in some good signings and get us a midtable finish, bring some of the ST holders back and get the place fuller then get the added corners. Get safe standing at lower tiers of Holte end and North stand.
fastbackace
fastbackace

Back to top Go down

Post by Thabucks Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:53 pm

I was told by general krulak that Randy loved the fact villa park was so unique in the modern game with four distinct stands. He said the plans in place would continue and respect that. Didn't say much else other than it would also be similar to Chelsea's shed end with a museum, club shop, resturants, big conference facilities but minus the flats. If and when demand dictates a full rebuild, I hope the new owners feel the same and stick to the four stand alone stands.
Thabucks

Back to top Go down

Post by snitum Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Still nothing happening in regards to a takeover then?
snitum

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:05 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:"Build it and they will come"

I think that's what they said about the Eden Project in Cornwall, you have to rely on being self sufficient and not rely on Lottery funding. It will be very intresting  in how Wet Spam cope in putting bums on seats.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:35 pm

Not certain how true it is but other sites are saying its Arison and VP is closing next Wednesday for the new owners to visit.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Which other sites CL1111?
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Its on the villa blog
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Its on the villa blog

a great big Lol - worst villa site ever !!!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next