The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+92
Synopsis
Randy
KMitch
Trysullvilla
LVBrit
Leafs1201
danclare82
holtehero
MrAstonVilla
mickeywya
De Kuip
ember
1Elliot
marko63
worcesterkev
pcfbavfcoman
jeffvilla
rosco77
The Utterer
gdale1
GhostDad
Wriggle
Villas Trudge
Dazzle
avfcjoe
jbone88
StringGhost
TED
plastic
George
omariqy
mark_draper
TheTechniqueSMC
snakevilla
kimbo
UnclePanda
Trainspotter
Jimmycarr
Wookster
avfcjay
DelboyVilla
GodzoneVilla
James_Curtis
Suits
Peter
HarryAVFC
deadbuzzardalive
brummieboy
Army villain
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
Mazrim
clarryblue
DaveAV1
DN1982
tbarrules
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
andrew24561
Trotters
gdav
lukevilla
AVFClee
Poseidon
gaffer85
Dansvilla75
South London Villan
LukeWilliamsOBE
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Andyh
Chrissylee1111
snitum
Thabucks
fastbackace
Born Under The Holte End
Keyser Soze
avfc85
B62 Villa
Jamie Gray
NARLA24
Villa82
Villa_Dan
Dgrizzle7
Fpuppys
bazzah
jvilla
ViewFromT2
villabromsgrove
hawk190601
GadgetMan
96 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:31 pm

snakevilla wrote:I don't care about my job..they come and go..an incorrect label as a racist is what hurts, still its off topic so I'll leave it there ,as for takeover I think it will be a late deal like Lerner and some late deals done at over the odds prices

Bloody hell mate, that's quite an eventful few months. My thoughts are with you. Fingers crossed you get the all clear on your balls and your reputation AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:34 pm

jvilla wrote:Right, I'm gonna throw this out there. WHERE IS HOWARD HODGSON?

The man loves social media, he was last seen in early June sharing his wedding anniversary photos with the wider world (at an expensive London hotel, naturally) - he craves attention, yet has completely fallen off the social media spectrum.

Has he been abducted?

He's alive and well (ish) I know he's hurt his neck (carrying his wallet I think) busy working down in Poole and just having a rest from Twitter, it's a bit full on at time, even I took a break with my ego!! I'll pass on your regards haha!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Trying times Jimbop - you're part of a big gang of cybermates. All the best.
AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:05 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
snakevilla wrote:I don't care about my job..they come and go..an incorrect label as a racist is what hurts, still its off topic so I'll leave it there ,as for takeover I think it will be a late deal like Lerner and some late deals done at over the odds prices

Bloody hell mate, that's quite an eventful few months. My thoughts are with you. Fingers crossed you get the all clear on your balls and your reputation AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917

all the best for your results snakevilla. my prayers are also with you

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:23 pm

De Kuip wrote:Oh, and message to KMitch and any other of our American cousins - forgive me for using terms like Yanks and septics - Mrs DK is dual citizenship USA & Austrian - there's just so much material for me to work with there, that I get a bit blase about slang terms - no offence intended. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917

No offense taken. I personally find the term "Yank" hilarious, probably just as you Brits find our term for you, "limey", equally as humorous. Also, out of my 10 years supporting Villa from message boards, I don't think I have ever read anything which has crossed the line with me.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917
KMitch
KMitch

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:37 pm

KMitch wrote:
De Kuip wrote:Oh, and message to KMitch and any other of our American cousins - forgive me for using terms like Yanks and septics - Mrs DK is dual citizenship USA & Austrian - there's just so much material for me to work with there, that I get a bit blase about slang terms - no offence intended. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917

No offense taken.  I personally find the term "Yank" hilarious, probably just as you Brits find our term for you, "limey", equally as humorous.  Also, out of my 10 years supporting Villa from message boards, I don't think I have ever read anything which has crossed the line with me.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917

That sounds like an open challenge to me.......
VTID85

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:56 pm

jimbop wrote:it was at this point last year that people on here started arguing and a reminder had to be given.  WE ARE ALL PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR CLUB AND ALL WANT THE SAME. TO SEE US UP THERE AGAIN.  SO CHILL WINSTONS.  to put things into perspective, my little boy arrived on the 12th june, an hour after he was born I was told my dad has a brain tumour and has a matter of months to live. so please lets chill boys and girls!

Bloody hell mate, bitter sweet that.

What I can say from experience is to tell your lad stories of your old man. My mum's father died when I was 3 months old of cancer at 33 years old. I don't remember him, but I know his face from pictures and know who he was from stories, he knew me and I know him. That's what matters.

Assuming I have a son his middle name will be in his memory.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:18 am

Things have picked up abit in Here today.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 498107619
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:37 am

jimbop/villasnake-
things heal with time, get lighter and better, persevere to the day when the pastors gone seem like memories of times with different points in your life, remember the good, because the memories will fall into meaning of how the overall of each had the desired effect on you both.

Hold your heads up, walk through the mud to the sandy beaches with the sounds of waves.
fastbackace
fastbackace

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:37 am

Both delighted & gutted for you Jimbop
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:41 am

The concerning thing for me, is that it appears a lot of those players linked were being bought with money thought to be incoming from CB. Why would a regular international in gueye, who has played in the french league since a lad, be struggling to get a work permit?

Why have all the links to these quality players gone? I made the assumption that it was new owners money being splashed. No it looks like links on the promise of CB and FD? money.

Without those sales we sign Bunn? I have no problem with this signing alone - a 2nd / 3rd choice keeper on a fraction of wages that given was. I am just a bit worried about that being the standard of players we will be getting. Grr Villa you are a fustrating thing most of the times.

However, Jimbop puts it all in perspective aye? - On a serious not Jimbop I can empathise. I emmigrated to NZ from Brum in 2003. In 2006 my first boy was born. Mom and Dad came over to visit and within 3 weeks of being here Dad was having trouble breathing. He went to doc's here and was eventually diagnosed with mesothilioma (that asbestos lung cancer thing). He died 3 months later. Totally unexpected was a shock and it took a while to get understand why it was happening. In the end I became grateful that Dad got to see his only (at the time) grandchild. It's a small silver lining to cling to (not much I know man.)
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:05 am

I was hitting a point of real negativity earlier this week thinking if nothing comes out of this meeting then it's likely we'll be stuck with Lerner for the forseable future.

However, having thought more on GM's post a few pages (or more?) back about the hold up possibly being more about the buyer's timing than any stuffing about from Lerner, I'm a little more optimistic.

This premise makes a lot more sense than any other - including "No Takeover" - as there are simply too many people with too many connections saying that things are about to change.

So who is out there that is (or has been) shuffling their position and/or finances? Arison and the selling off of the shares in his company? The Knight fella rumoured a few pages back who is repositioning himself within Nike? Who else?

Maybe there's a buyer who is handling a conflict-of-interest situation as they already own another club or other interests that would conflict with owning a premier league team? Or a conflict with our major sponsors?

And, once that's sorted, it's full steam ahead.

If that's the situation, then it would mean that the terms of the takeover have been agreed in principal, a pre-contract in place authorising the spending of money on players and the changes in staff contracts at Villa Park.

Then it'll come down to a question of how long would it take to sort out the situation that's stopping them from being the official owners. Another week? A month? Who knows? But if the above IS the case, then we've nothing to stress about as we have new owners in all but name and they're funding our survival/mid-table push....maybe an upper-mid-table push if transfer dealings start getting interesting!

Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:49 am

Trotters wrote:I was hitting a point of real negativity earlier this week thinking if nothing comes out of this meeting then it's likely we'll be stuck with Lerner for the forseable future.

However, having thought more on GM's post a few pages (or more?) back about the hold up possibly being more about the buyer's timing than any stuffing about from Lerner, I'm a little more optimistic.

This premise makes a lot more sense than any other - including "No Takeover" - as there are simply too many people with too many connections saying that things are about to change.

So who is out there that is (or has been) shuffling their position and/or finances? Arison and the selling off of the shares in his company? The Knight fella rumoured a few pages back who is repositioning himself within Nike? Who else?

Maybe there's a buyer who is handling a conflict-of-interest situation as they already own another club or other interests that would conflict with owning a premier league team? Or a conflict with our major sponsors?

And, once that's sorted, it's full steam ahead.

If that's the situation, then it would mean that the terms of the takeover have been agreed in principal, a pre-contract in place authorising the spending of money on players and the changes in staff contracts at Villa Park.

Then it'll come down to a question of how long would it take to sort out the situation that's stopping them from being the official owners. Another week? A month? Who knows? But if the above IS the case, then we've nothing to stress about as we have new owners in all but name and they're funding our survival/mid-table push....maybe an upper-mid-table push if transfer dealings start getting interesting!

Good points Trotters - however I have bolded this section - All we have links to players - one 9 million bid that is apparently being held up by work permit issues - which makes no sense as the lad is a regular international who has been playing france for a good few years. Other signings are Sinclair (already agreed) - Richards (free) and Bunn? (free)

I would be a lot happier living with this situation if we were actually spending any money. I guess once I see Gueye and others in a villa shirt I might feel a little more optimistic. For me it's all starting to sound like more spin - all be it from a much more organised team of Fox and Sherwood, rather than the mumblings of Lambert and Faulkner.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:57 am

Last 48 hours have undoubtedly been a wee bit of an anti-climax, even when it became clear that we weren't going to get the announcements we hoped for. Doesn't mean there's reason for doom & gloom. Every one of us of course wants this resolved asap but I suppose that's just not the reality of multi multi million pound business deals. It'll happen, I'm sure, we just have to be a little patient. Easier said than done I know, I for one admit I was convinced this week would be when the takeover was announced, but alas it's not to be. When you step back as a club we are still moving in a positive direction. There is money to spend, we are being linked with a much higher quality of player than recent seasons & appointments such as Butch Wilkins are superb. Plus the biggest plus of all, there is no Paul Lambert in charge of the team. Things really aren't that bad IMO, I'm still really excited for the new season.

News such as Jimbop's certainly puts football in perspective too, what hugely mixed emotions you must be feeling mate. We all love the Villa, that's why we get so passionate about them, but it's just football at the end of the day. Hope you're ok pal
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:49 am

Jamie Gray wrote:Last 48 hours have undoubtedly been a wee bit of an anti-climax, even when it became clear that we weren't going to get the announcements we hoped for. Doesn't mean there's reason for doom & gloom. Every one of us of course wants this resolved asap but I suppose that's just not the reality of multi multi million pound business deals. It'll happen, I'm sure, we just have to be a little patient. Easier said than done I know, I for one admit I was convinced this week would be when the takeover was announced, but alas it's not to be. When you step back as a club we are still moving in a positive direction. There is money to spend, we are being linked with a much higher quality of player than recent seasons & appointments such as Butch Wilkins are superb. Plus the biggest plus of all, there is no Paul Lambert in charge of the team. Things really aren't that bad IMO, I'm still really excited for the new season.

News such as Jimbop's certainly puts football in perspective too, what hugely mixed emotions you must be feeling mate. We all love the Villa, that's why we get so passionate about them, but it's just football at the end of the day. Hope you're ok pal

The problem with a takeover happening in due course (which of course it will) - is that it doesn't help us now. Why we all want a takeover is to give us funds to steer away from the relegation zone. Personally I tale little comfort from the fact the the takeover will happen, but these things take time - that time is when the damage is being done. Doomsday scenario - A takeover when we are adrift at the bottom - or even worse in the championship, is really little help at all.

For all the links and deals in place - weve only actually shelled out on sinclair, and thats covered by player sales.

In short a takeover that happens in time, might not be good enough. And lets be honest with ourselves most of us wanted by the time the season starts.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:17 am

I've gotta say the early links to decent players seemed to have fell by the wayside, the calibre of players we are more frequently linked with fill me with dread rather than optimism, the latest being Mark Bunn!!! Is he better than what we have?? NO he is a downgrade on Given ( who is going to Stoke on a free, medical today terms agreed)and no better than Steer , Guzan looks to be a certain starter without any serious competition which isn't good especially when his form drops or gets an injury. The links scream no takeover is close IMO, we are simply spending the CB cash or the TV cash in order to tick over. It seems more spin and uncertainty for the foreseeable until we are eventually sold. We are falling further and further behind each season with teams like Palace finishing easily above us year on year and they look like signing Cabaye and are favourites with Newcastle to sign Charlie Austin. We need to act now takeover or not, not once the season has started or next season will be no different to the last few under Lerner

-------

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1501
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40